The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant log into the game or the website, game died again?

• Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you getting the message to link your account with Steam, do you normally play/own the game on Steam?

No Steam here, normal account. Only the ESO Launcher (in Windows)
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those of you getting the message to link your account with Steam, do you normally play/own the game on Steam?

Nope
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no
    Options
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them moment I Redeemed the code this morning for Summerset , it gave me this same error. Unable to log onto the game or website as of now.
    Options
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do *not* play through steam, nor have I ever played through steam.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, thanks all. We believe we've identified the issue and should have it resolved soon. Stand by...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭

I am having that problem and yes, own/play the game on steam. My accounts were already linked and was in game all morning before this happened.
    Options
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but I'm getting that notification.
    NA/PC
    Options
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭

Yes. I have always played it through Steam. Funny too cause it was just 2 hours ago I was in doing the Alik'r Dolmen Run for that Jewelry before I decided to take a quick nap. Came back to this Elder Scrolls Online Account Set Up.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
    Options
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭

NO! I only use steam for my vive. I do not have ESO linked to steam.

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warranty
    Options
  • FeistyFi
    FeistyFi
    Soul Shriven
    PS4 EU server is telling me to relink my existing elder scrolls account with my PS4 user ID... I login and it goes CONGRATULATIONS... then reverts me back to the re link account screen again...

You had one job ESO ... ONE JOB! lol
    Options
  • travelerx1
    Back in on PS4 NA! Thanks for the awesome work guys!
    Options
  • Arenette
    Arenette
    Soul Shriven
    Yes I launch the game through Steam
    Options
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭

Yes!
    If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.

Options
  • MrGreen
    MrGreen
    Soul Shriven

No. Why would you go through steam for this game when you don't have too?
    Options
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks all. We believe we've identified the issue and should have it resolved soon. Stand by...

i'm back in!

you guys have been on point! :)
    Options
  • Decidueyes
    Decidueyes
    Soul Shriven

Yeah, I bought the game on steam , made an account on the eso website and then linked my two accounts together.

I get a choice between "first time playing eso" or "linking existing eso account with steam account". Doing the latter simply pops up a "logging in" but the login page refreshes and asks me to choose again.

I get no error message when trying to log in.
    Edited by Decidueyes on May 22, 2018 2:40PM
    Options
  • goxxy
    goxxy

Non-Steam user here
    Options
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also on PS4 EU. Most of my friends list get the non-existent account error when asked to link.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok everyone, could you please try logging in now? All platforms.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JUST GOT IN GAME! Try it now folks!
    Options
  • rk110132
    rk110132
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I dont own the game from steam and dont play from steam either but I get the same message as @Night_Watch posted in here
    Options
  • dave011
    dave011
    ✭✭✭
    Main account cant log in but alt can here is some info

main Dave011 has summerset non steam
    Alt Dave011a has morrowind non steam

update able to log in;)
    Edited by dave011 on May 22, 2018 2:42PM
    PC/NA
    Options
  • BHO44
    BHO44
    Soul Shriven
    Don't own the game on Steam having the same problem and same message.

I would gladly take the framerate issues of yesterday over the straight up not being able to log in today!
    Options
  • MrGreen
    MrGreen
    Soul Shriven
    K. Was able to log in now.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FYI - this appears to be affecting all platforms and megaservers. We're actively working on this to get everyone back in ASAP!

Suggestion:
    I am (also) a system administrator. I have installed very simple software so that, when one of the servers I manage goes down, I immediately get a notification.

Maybe... ZOS should do the same, without waiting for a mass service outage?
    Options
  • madurbu
    madurbu
    ✭✭

Yes, I play through Steam

I just tried again and I got in and loaded a character
    Edited by madurbu on May 22, 2018 2:44PM
    Options
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    Ok everyone, could you please try logging in now? All platforms.

PC through the Steam platform here, and I am back in.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
    Options
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Ray
    Options