Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Cant log into the game or the website, game died again?

• Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    my connection keeps timing out via Steam
    Edited by Inoki on May 22, 2018 3:56PM
    Options
  • Xaosi
    Xaosi
    ✭✭
    PC EU through steam, can't login. A few tries allowed me to logon to NA server, but that isn't quite what I would like to do at this point.

edit: would like to point out that I've restarted client multiple times, rebooted computer, reset router, etc
    Edited by Xaosi on May 22, 2018 3:56PM
    Options
  • mooslacker
    mooslacker
    ✭✭
    Update: We're still working on the remaining login issues affecting Steam.

Would be nice to update the announcement as well, people trying to log on feel very cheated about that 'being resolved' sign hanging above the forums.
    Options
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not a steam issue its a Zo$ issue.
    Options
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got passed the login Logging In screen to character select.

PC NA
    Options
  • Stirvik
    Stirvik
    ✭✭
    LOGIN NA Still timing out!
    Options
  • SoggyBizkit
    SoggyBizkit
    ✭✭✭
    Login times out. It’s getting old now, I’ve never known any game to have problems 2 days in a row for a expansion. What’s the point in having a PTS ? Oh the PTS I’m on the na server becoz the eu one would just crash.
    Options
  • Kharret
    Kharret
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU/Steam - Tamriel is not available
    Options
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Many angry players posting in Steam official forum as we can't log in.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
    Options
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously.... It has nothing to do with steam. Its Zo$ not employing the right people as usual, or enough... Cutting costs and making kids gamble is not cool.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-25-now-belgium-declares-loot-boxes-gambling-and-therefore-illegal

get a grip Zo$$$$$$$$$$$$$, we are millions of people.

And bring Dynamic Ulti Regen back or Dynamic Pop Cap.
    Options
  • Micke3rd
    Micke3rd
    raviour wrote: »
    I cannot log into my older chars, my newer ones server crashes fast.

what nonsens you are talking about ? no one cares do you have new or old chars. Just as little as you have a server which crashes.
    Edited by Micke3rd on May 22, 2018 4:05PM
    Options
  • NormaCenva
    NormaCenva
    ✭✭
    "Connection to server timed out". PC EU Steam.
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Login times out. It’s getting old now, I’ve never known any game to have problems 2 days in a row for a expansion. What’s the point in having a PTS ? Oh the PTS I’m on the na server becoz the eu one would just crash.

These little glitches are nothing compared to some other MMO expansions.

Options
  • AgentOrangeR

Maybe, but still annoying! :s If the team working on this is in the US, then it's lunch time over there - so we'll wait a bit longer to get it fixed.
    Edited by AgentOrangeR on May 22, 2018 4:10PM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NormaCenva wrote: »
    "Connection to server timed out". PC EU Steam.

Yea, I get the same message. Just tried to log in
    Options
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Micke3rd wrote: »
    raviour wrote: »
    I cannot log into my older chars, my newer ones server crashes fast.

what nonsens you are talking about ? no one cares do you have new or old chars. Just as little as you have a server which crashes.

well its an issue that ZoS need to know and I do not use Steam @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • army4d
    army4d
    Soul Shriven
    still can't login in eu sever through steam, i get timeouts
    Options
  • Henningv
    Henningv
    i cant login why- i have restart my computer and updated my driver i cant login and repare the game nothing help
    Options
  • mooslacker
    mooslacker
    ✭✭

Maybe, but still annoying! :s If the team working on this is in the US, then it's lunch time over there - so we'll wait a bit longer to get it fixed.

Most MMO expansions have a bit more content than a little island and a few mechanics revamps.
    In the days of containerized virtualization, great monitoring sofware and options to provision with a click of a button, this shouldn't happen at all.
    IT techs do not have lunch time when they're on call. Stuff either works or is being worked on. That's how our life is.
    Edited by mooslacker on May 22, 2018 4:15PM
    Options
  • Alex_Shara
    Alex_Shara
    Soul Shriven
    Kharret wrote: »
    PC EU/Steam - Tamriel is not available
    +1
    Options
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is now illegal in Belgium and Holland. Turn crown crate items into crown store and please... pretty please...

... EMPLOY COMPETENT PEOPLE !!!!!
    Options
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox, usually NA,
    "Autosave failed to load, do you want to try again?"

Some preferences were reset and I had to agree to the EULA again. Then I got the Morrowind intro movie. Fun stuff.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can log on to the NA server through steam, but I get the "server timout" error message whenever I try to connect to the PC/EU server through steam
    Options
  • DeathToTheDovah
    DeathToTheDovah
    Soul Shriven
    mooslacker wrote: »
    Update: We're still working on the remaining login issues affecting Steam.

Would be nice to update the announcement as well, people trying to log on feel very cheated about that 'being resolved' sign hanging above the forums.

Yep, thought I was the only one still experiencing it when I saw the announcement.

PS. On steam, still happening, when I ran the eso64.exe directly I could login(but without steam overlay and hour tracking)
    Options
  • ovejiyas
    ovejiyas
    Soul Shriven
    hey i have same problem but i restart my router and i can connect now try it
    Options
  • SoggyBizkit
    SoggyBizkit
    ✭✭✭
    Little glitches lol these glitches have been going on for months now. I’m going to play summerset becoz I have paid for it. But until I’ve seen some improvements on the EU server instead of crown store stuff I won’t be giving ZoS anymore money. Enough is enough.
    Options
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not just on Steam.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's called an 'early access' I guess. And eso+ is ticking not only for me.
    Edited by colossalvoids on May 22, 2018 4:24PM
    Options
  • AgentOrangeR
    mooslacker wrote: »

Most MMO expansions have a bit more content than a little island and a few mechanics revamps.
    In the days of containerized virtualization, great monitoring sofware and options to provision with a click of a button, this shouldn't happen at all.
    IT techs do not have lunch time when they're on call. Stuff either works or is being worked on. That's how our life is.

I know! I work in IT ops myself :smile: But you're assuming that's what they do - who really knows?

EDIT: Just to add, one day I'd really like to know the technical details of what happened (root cause) and what's the mitigation/prevention plan for the future? This isn't a new issue, we've seen server status online, but only a few can login - perhaps the root cause is new though (I doubt it)
    Edited by AgentOrangeR on May 22, 2018 4:27PM
    Options
  • Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS bros, I really think you need to invest in something like this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP5XFaXWwwk
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
    Options