The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.3

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Teloria wrote: »
    I am new to the test server. I read the above patch notes. So, the North American server no longer has our characters and it takes us directly to the character creation screen. Does this mean we're done with the test server?

You can create templates by creating a char and then choose summerset in the top left corner :wink:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @masel92 Thanks for the data, that is exactly what I was looking for. I see your point about some fights being designed so that the execute phase is the most difficult part (vAS+2 comes to mind), and I agree that Bloodthirsty could have a use there. I find that use a little too niche for what shoukd have been the end game DPS trait that drops from trials.

Bloodthirsty is difficult to obtain, and requires research and transmutation to apply to gear. It does nothing to benefit tanks and healers (unlike arcane or infused). It does nothing for shields (about 10% smaller than with arcane jewelry) or self heals. It does nothing for sustain. It should be at least slightly better for DPS in the 9/10 fights where the execute phase has the same mechanics as the rest of the duration.

I just don't see the point in going through all that effort for "improved" gear that will usually be inferior to the dropped trait of arcane. The initial value of 20% was too high, but cutting it in half was too drastic of a change.

Maybe it's intended as a PVP thing, but then why have it rewarded for end game PVE content?
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on May 8, 2018 2:04AM
  • MandaWa
    MandaWa
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92 So many thanks for your data, I hoped to get something like that since the first Summerset PTS patch.

@WrathOfInnos I thought exactly what you wrote : the nerf was expected but it's too much now. I also agree than PvP nerfs always affect PvE, and stronger than PvP...
    Edited by MandaWa on May 8, 2018 4:06AM
    • Manda Wa - Magicka Sorcerer - Flawless Conqueror, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Voice of Reason, Shadow Breaker
    • Man'da - Templar healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Shadow Breaker
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps if you STOPPED "fixing" other classes and for once fixed the fact that you completely made warden unplayable, that would be great...

k thnx
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting
    • Based on player feedback, we've updated the sourcing of various Jewelry Traits.
      • Jewelry in the Triune Trait can now be found in Gladiator's Rucksacks, obtained from Conquest Board dailies in Cyrodiil. The trait item, Dawn-Prism, can be purchased from War Researchers in Cyrodiil for 100,000 AP per unit.
      • Jewelry in the Bloodthirsty Trait can now be found rarely in the weekly quest reward boxes of Trials. The trait item, Slaughterstone, will be found in those same reward boxes the rest of the time.
    Please clarify - is this new way of finding traited jewelry items and trait mats in addition to the original ways of getting them, or instead of? Or were these two mixed up somehow? Also, will there be any in-game hints about how to find jewelry and trait mats of each type? Or do we have to keep going back to the Summerset patch notes/Google?

Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on May 8, 2018 5:06AM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90annnbaxtl1.jpg

hjho0wl1tso1.png
    General
    • Aldmeri Dominion Wardens can no longer use Frozen Gate on other player characters to pull them into their spawn location in the Memorial District.

Why can only AD Wardens do this ?
  • danie1991
    danie1991
    Soul Shriven
    since latest patch pts I am unable to load my somerset game
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ou99mdlytmfa.png
    Outfit System
    • Fixed an issue where helms would not appear when applied via an Outfit.

Still not fixed. Try to make any change to an outfit and the head style disappears, also removing all collections changes like different hair than selected in creation. The head style stays removed until either confirm changes or change back to original, either through reset or making same exact selections.

It would be nice if a patch note claiming something is fixed was actually tested to be accurate, but at least we're here to test it when internal testing failed.

Edit:
    Actually, this is fixed for when first creating the outfit on a naked character, without gear, but as soon as you finalize any outfit changes and then change again it will break and the head style chosen disappears again until finalized or reset.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 8, 2018 9:54PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting
    • Based on player feedback, we've updated the sourcing of various Jewelry Traits.
      • Jewelry in the Triune Trait can now be found in Gladiator's Rucksacks, obtained from Conquest Board dailies in Cyrodiil. The trait item, Dawn-Prism, can be purchased from War Researchers in Cyrodiil for 100,000 AP per unit.
      • Jewelry in the Bloodthirsty Trait can now be found rarely in the weekly quest reward boxes of Trials. The trait item, Slaughterstone, will be found in those same reward boxes the rest of the time.
    Please clarify - is this new way of finding traited jewelry items and trait mats in addition to the original ways of getting them, or instead of? Or were these two mixed up somehow? Also, will there be any in-game hints about how to find jewelry and trait mats of each type? Or do we have to keep going back to the Summerset patch notes/Google?

They completely changed where you get them from.
    This is likely based on the fact that hakaijo runes for prismatic enchants, which are like the Triune trait, come from Imperial City and Bloodthirsty is useful during execute phases of boss fights so more logical to be associated with trials.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The graphics for the psijic scrying talisman memento have changed again so that now the swirling circling magic lights around the central portal are too far off the edge of the portal, which the portal also seems to be centered low.
    It was better in patch 4.0.2 than it is in 4.0.3.

Also, I bugged the pews in the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto as being backwards but also bugged the ones in the Alinor Crest Townhouse. You fixed the Grotto but not the Townhouse ones. There are at least 2 of them in the furnished version of the Alinor Crest Townhouse, and they are backwards.

Posting where it seems appropriate for general bugs/issues,
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Quests

Meat for the Masses: Reduced the amount of meat required for this quest to 25.
    Reeking of Foul Play: You now only need to rescue two groups of prisoners, and the events will respawn faster.
    Scholarly Savage: Reduced the page count required to complete the secondary condition to 10.

LOL, 2 years late or me
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    So @Masel92 , what do you reckon would be a balanced group in terms of jewelry traits, given the fact that bloodthirsty has been nerfed? 2 infused / Arcane and one Blood on all the DDs?
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    And like that, Bloodthirsty is useless. Oh well

Indeed, I was looking forward to this trait. Well, no more. :'(
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    your not looking at how broken that was. at 20% times 3 thats an extra 60% damage on low health enemies

I would have prefered by far the 20% without the stacking possibility.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, to be honest I don't even care about class balancing anymore.
    I'm just worried about what's going to happen to stamina players in raids for next patch.

Everything else just looks great or it doesn't really matter that much, balancing the current state of PvP and its 40 men vs 40 men fights is just like putting the cherry on top of huge dump on the street.

When Battlegrounds will be out for the public, they're going to collect data and statistics and the big black axe of nerf will drop on everyone's head once again.

My EU Preciouses
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    What a disappointment
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    The class balance should trigger me so hard, but since it isn't here I'm not even that.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please check to see if brand new characters are being made with less opening stamina than they're supposed to have.
    I made a new High Elf magicka nightblade on the PTS, and she came out with less stamina than she needed to be able to use Charging Maneuver. She should have had just barely enough stamina to be able to use this ability, and for some reason, she wasn't able to use it AT ALL. Another person reported the exact same thing.

I only made a high elf, so not sure if this is happening with other races or not. Thanks.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job on nerfing Bloodthirsty trait,it was(and still is) hilariously op.Its still by far better from arcane/robust ones.
    Very disappointing way its obtained though.

StamDK 6m dummy solo buffed,280ms ping and 600ms lagspikes:
    before trait nerf 44.5k dps
    after trait nerf 42.5k dps

Exactly same build. Im not sure,but i think classes with executes will maybe loose more dps after trait nerf.

The only broken thing atm is the nightblade execute,it needs a serious readjustment.

Stamina whiners please stop flooding the forum with your tears,stamina dps is AMAZING.
    They took away your Penetration sets and they gave you a set that dps'es while you dps,its called arms of reliquen and its broken AF.

• Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

That solo thing is the whole point of the Sunder and NMG conversation.
    No one gives a crap about useless things such as dummy parses, the whole point is that without Sunder and NMG is a 10% DPS loss for not a single good reason or even worse for laziness. 10% in trials it's more than a 6k loss, would you still consider that like something hasn't changed if you pulled 38k on your dummy instead of 42?

My EU Preciouses
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodthirsty got overfeed. It needs to be 15% damage.

It is not sufficient to loose ~150 weapon/spell damage (with infused and modifiers) prior to the execute phase to gain only 10% extra damage on that phase.

Bloodthirsty over-performed in target dummy cheese parses but in real trial scenario the numbers will be different as you not only loose a good amount of damage prior to execute phase but bloodthirsty will become less potent the shorter the execute phase becomes.

Even with the old values it was not worth using it in 4 man dungeons or in trials with short execute phase, and even worse when multiple people were using it as the phase would get even shorter.

Now everyone will run 3 infused in trials which is not the diversity we were hoping for.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic - This ability and its morphs no longer work with Overload Light Attacks. :|:* I was looking forward to that. It's also the reason I hit the "Purchase button... Grrr.

Abilities need to be stated as some non stacking category at some point. Like Major or Minor buffs do. IT ENDS THE CONFUSION as well to set the expectation of what might STACK or not stack beforehand for SKILLS. This has been needed publicly for years now and is not a surprise.

FOR INSTANCE: using made up names...
    "Blessed" Skills/Abilities won't stack with "Enhanced" Skills/Abilities. This will let Zos "Manage" this outcry situation in a much more streamlined manner and reduce about 30% of of the "Surprise" W.T.H. posts we see daily after patching/nerfs.

I can only hope one day this is "Managed".

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Bloodthirsty got overfeed. It needs to be 15% damage.

It is not sufficient to loose ~150 weapon/spell damage (with infused and modifiers) prior to the execute phase to gain only 10% extra damage on that phase.

Bloodthirsty over-performed in target dummy cheese parses but in real trial scenario the numbers will be different as you not only loose a good amount of damage prior to execute phase but bloodthirsty will become less potent the shorter the execute phase becomes.

Even with the old values it was not worth using it in 4 man dungeons or in trials with short execute phase, and even worse when multiple people were using it as the phase would get even shorter.

Now everyone will run 3 infused in trials which is not the diversity we were hoping for.

Look at the post i made above and you'll see why the nerf was justified. halving it mightve been a bit over the top, but more than 12% would be too strong still.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it was pretty high and provided high dummy parses all around, but I think bloodthirsty brought slightly more dummy parse cheese to rotations with few executes. As for large group damage it was more of a buff to rotations with more executes. But now it doesn't seem like much, if the goal is to DPS things down quickly without a concern for the end phase fight mechanics infused just looks better

*edit.* Or arcane, if all I did was magic DPS I wouldn't be in a rush for jewelry crafting
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 8, 2018 5:24PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we removed a few posts that contained personal insults directed at other members. This is a friendly reminder to keep comments constructive and civil. We understand that you aren't always going to agree on certain topics, however that doesn't mean it's ok to attack others who have opinions that differ. If the conversation can't remain civil and on topic, we will have to consider closing the thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »

No one gives a crap about useless things such as dummy parses, the whole point is that without Sunder and NMG is a 10% DPS loss for not a single good reason or even worse for laziness. 10% in trials it's more than a 6k loss, would you still consider that like something hasn't changed if you pulled 38k on your dummy instead of 42?

So,you want someone in your guild to use NMG and another player to use Sunder to buff YOU,while you will maintain the right to be able to use any set you want?

Tanks and healers buff you,youre not gonna have everyone else buffing you to be the best damooger plus there was no NMG and sunder equivalent for magika builds.NMG + Sunder was not fair for the magika builds and both for the people that wore it.

They gave you arms of reliquen,its the most OP set atm ingame use it and accept that pen sets are gone.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weps wrote: »

So,you want someone in your guild to use NMG and another player to use Sunder to buff YOU,while you will maintain the right to be able to use any set you want?

Tanks and healers buff you,youre not gonna have everyone else buffing you to be the best damooger plus there was no NMG and sunder equivalent for magika builds.NMG + Sunder was not fair for the magika builds and both for the people that wore it.

They gave you arms of reliquen,its the most OP set atm ingame use it and accept that pen sets are gone.

Tbh i really liked it, to use NMG in raids. Felt good to know, others do some more DPS bc i used a set which helps them (together with PotL and WM). Not everyone thinks selfish just because he liked the old version of those two sets. Group players usually don't think about their personal-DPS but about GROUP-DPS and use exactly what improves group-DPS...
    Noobplar
  • skywarnmc27
    skywarnmc27
    ✭✭✭
    th.jpg

Pure balance is insane...why not just have 1 class with all the same abilities.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Not exactly the standing ovation that has accompanied previous patch notes. It's a shame, because jewelry crafting and the 2h weapon changes are pretty exciting additions to the game. But now, knowing that the dev team has laser-like focus on everything but class balancing, excitement for Summerset is waning.

Yeah I was super hyped and now I'm just kinda like... Wut... Meh
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Not exactly the standing ovation that has accompanied previous patch notes. It's a shame, because jewelry crafting and the 2h weapon changes are pretty exciting additions to the game. But now, knowing that the dev team has laser-like focus on everything but class balancing, excitement for Summerset is waning.

Yeah I was super hyped and now I'm just kinda like... Wut... Meh

One thing I finally agree with you on man.