The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.3

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the quest fix for the mind traps skillpoint?
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 7, 2018 6:21PM
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the balance changes!?
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    62m18ajiri3e.jpg

Pyandonean Motif
    Fisherfolk across Summerset have started reporting unusual bottles showing up in their catch. These bottles are of Pyandonean origin, and appear to contain crafting materials intended for Maormer agents in Summerset. Preliminary reports of their contents include:
    • Chapters describing the Pyandonean style in detail
    • Sea Serpent Hide, used for crafting in the Pyandonean style
    • Clam Gall and Powdered Mother of Pearl
    • Miscellaneous other crafting materials, including Runestones and improvement materials

Fishermen rejoice! <3
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

30-50%of the skills in this game are still useless. When zos said play your way they meant play the small pool of meta builds or play a different game. On the bright side, I didn't pre-order this new $30-$60 fluff content expansion. I understand that zos is building their game and not everyone else's but why have a forums if they're just gonna ignore the player base? The only time zos reacts to forum posts is bug reports and removing toxic comments, the in-game bug report should be good enough. All balance and game play comments may as well not exist.

It's crazy how much content they put out for this game and it still feels like year one. I love elder scrolls games but the evolution of the gameplay in this game is at the pace of a tortoise and what's sad is we won't get another real elder scrolls game because ESO is supposed to fill that void.

random idea: now this is a total pipe dream but... I loved modding morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim, what if you guys introduced an offline moddable version of eso. Tap into elder scrolls modding community. modders can craft fun and cool visual mods for the game and submit them to you guys. Their have to be some sort of guide lines like: must be lore friendly, and not game breaking. and then you guys reserve the option to accept or decline all mods similar to how valve does DOTA's mod store.

another benefit is a player could submit feedback via mod, like "I added X effect to X skill and look how much more fun it is to use", etc.

anyways I guess i'm unsubbing too, for now. maybe i'll stop by next year to see the next fluff expansion.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 7, 2018 7:42PM
  • MandaWa
    MandaWa
    ✭✭✭
    BT trait...
    Edited by MandaWa on May 7, 2018 6:31PM
    • Manda Wa - Magicka Sorcerer - Flawless Conqueror, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Voice of Reason, Shadow Breaker
    • Man'da - Templar healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Shadow Breaker
  • Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    62m18ajiri3e.jpg

Pyandonean Motif
    Fisherfolk across Summerset have started reporting unusual bottles showing up in their catch. These bottles are of Pyandonean origin, and appear to contain crafting materials intended for Maormer agents in Summerset. Preliminary reports of their contents include:
    • Chapters describing the Pyandonean style in detail
    • Sea Serpent Hide, used for crafting in the Pyandonean style
    • Clam Gall and Powdered Mother of Pearl
    • Miscellaneous other crafting materials, including Runestones and improvement materials

Could we see this being implemented across all "Ocean" fish holes? Or least partially certain items from here such as the serpent hide, clam gall, and powdered mother of pearl.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you zos for bringing some good stuff to fishing o:)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    z96c9s4u55v8.png
    wemi5s4wbdlq.png

Edit: Easiest solution, make "The Mind Trap" quest the default starter quest for entering summerset for both old and new characters.

It's a problem that was reported during morrowind's beta and made it live and looks like it is repeating itself... Both summerset created characters and morrowind created characters can do their tutorial quest for an extra skillpoint and do then do the coldharbour tutorial for another skillpoint yet existing characters are shafted by not having that extra skillpoint from either the morrowind or the summerset tutorial. Existing characters SHOULD be able to do "The Mind Trap" summerset tutorial as not only does it flows perfectly to the Introduction of summerset main quests and introduction of the psijiic order, but we should also have access to its skillpoint. I paid just as much money as the people who started with summerset so I SHOULD be able to access the tutorial quest and its skillpoint.

Spoilers: In the tutorial for the summerset expansion we have mephala trap us in a "mind trap" which is a prison in our own mind. The psijiic Oriandra helps us escape it and as a result we learn about the psijiics involvement in summerset and just down the road is the start of the summerset main quest with razumdar. I tested on both an existing character and a summerset character and the existing character cannot access the tutorial and the skillpoint and the dialogue isn't any different for the existing and summerset character for meeting the psjiic in the next quest, "The queen's decree".

Please allow "The mind trap" tutorial to be done by existing characters. Have us take a ship to mainland summerset and then on our way there we are trapped in our mind and it seems mephala wants us to not meddle in her affairs. We the vestige, who stopped molag bal, stopped clavicus vile in morrowind, stopped nocturnal in cwc would have been noticed by mephala and so should be trapped in a mind trap in an attempt to stop our interference in summerset.
    Edit: suggestion for implementation
    ibbvgyxn2hqp.png
    Ok so for existing characters a the boat takes you to the Shimmerine docks

yuuipz8jtrdw.png

How about a robed figure greats you there and asks for help find his friend

pwtc6ou4mitf.png

He leads you to this ruin and then knocks you out and then the mind trap quest plays as the intro to the summerset main quest followed by the the queens decree afterward
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not exactly the standing ovation that has accompanied previous patch notes. It's a shame, because jewelry crafting and the 2h weapon changes are pretty exciting additions to the game. But now, knowing that the dev team has laser-like focus on everything but class balancing, excitement for Summerset is waning.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sooooo rip bloodthirsty, at least I dont have to hurry with jewellery crafting and such other then collecting resins :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crystal blast is so much more useful ! Wow, i can not wait to spam it while my twillight tormentor is doing 1K damage every 4 secondes ... and I will probably use the Charged atronach too, thank to the 70% increased health ! what a useful change. If i want to push 68K dps on dummy I will also need to use the Unstable wall of element

Hum, I will probably use 7 invigorating on my armor, but i wonder which trait i should use for my jewelry ? Triune, protective or bloothirsty ?

Now please excuse me,I have to choose which Impulse morph I'm going to use.

This game is so well balanced.
    Edited by Apherius on May 7, 2018 6:57PM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Not exactly the standing ovation that has accompanied previous patch notes. It's a shame, because jewelry crafting and the 2h weapon changes are pretty exciting additions to the game. But now, knowing that the dev team has laser-like focus on everything but class balancing, excitement for Summerset is waning.

well this update did remind me why i stopped spending actual money on this game. i had a temporary lapse in judgment with summerset because of jewelry crafting but @ZOS_Wrobel set me straight, i won't make this mistake again.
    Invictus
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, going over the patch notes and
    Not addressing the issue where it takes an ungodly amount of grinding/material refining to get tempers for upgrading jewelry [It's obviously an issue... I mean what kind of person would look at the system now, see that it would take refining 20 stacks of raw mats to get 3 green upgrade mats and say "I fail to see any problem with this" if you're worried about gold jewl becoming easy to get.. the solution is simple, make the gold temper mats master crafter/decon only..plus doing this won't force people to do vet trials..nor will it makes those that run them..stop running them, no instead it'll just *** a lot of people off]
    and the werewolf light attack doing joke tier damage not getting addressed either?
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love the patch notes keepem coming.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkdex wrote: »
    Well, bloodthirst is now useless, it is OVERNERFED, a 15% damage increase would be balanced from my perspective. Please reconsider this change @ZOS_GinaBruno

I agree. This nerf has killed my interest in this trait. At 20%, you could sacrifice three arcane jewel bonuses in exchange for turning Force Pulse (or any spammable) into an execute.

At 10% per Bloodthirsty, the math doesn't work anymore... you still need to slot an execute.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously guys, did you really expected some "class balance changes"?

If they do something, they'll do it during the last week so we have over 3 months to test them... on live.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we’re just going to throw in jewelry crafting, 2h double slot, and a new skill line. All things that will affect character power and build options; but are not even going to really look at class balance.

What could possibly go wrong?
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    I commend Zos. There are some issues, but they eventually. Get to them.
    My main is a templar, so i to feel the pain, but i have confidence in ZOS.
    I'm by no means a fan boy, but i do understand business, and prioritizing projects. Yes some people think the balance issues should be prioritized, but the project is getting summerset out, and resources need to be focused on that.
    There are some things im not gappy about, like jewery crafting upgrade mats situation, but i think itll be a better "chapter" than what people think.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Well, bloodthirst is now useless, it is OVERNERFED, a 15% damage increase would be balanced from my perspective. Please reconsider this change @ZOS_GinaBruno

Well it outperformed other traits by a lot, so 10% is fairly in line. With three bloodthirsty you will now get 7.5% more damage overall, which is multiplicative with all other damage.

No other trait would offer you a flat 11.25% damage increase on three jewellery, using the 15% per item you suggested. All builds that were published until now used bloodthirsty because it outperformed the rest by a mile. Now it will be slightly ahead, but it is a tradeoff because resources have more utility.

The numbers you're talking about may be significant for PvE, but the nerf kills this trait for PvP. Giving up 3K stamina or magicka is not worth a 30% increase on the last fraction of damage.

A 60% increase, on the other hand, basically turned ANY damage spammable into an execute, meaning that you could replace your execute with Bound Aegis or Inner Light and get most of the 3K magicka back.

Edited by Emma_Overload on May 7, 2018 7:05PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I certainly understand ZOS wanting to focus on the Psjiic skill line and perfecting all that comes with Summerset I just don’t see leaving the classes the way they are until next update or two as a good idea.
    I mean we are paying for this update, and it looks beautiful and it is fun but Warden still needs heavy reworks and buffs. Other classes need adjustments to make them a little more viable and we all have to wait, seems odd to me. Maybe the new class rep program needs time to be implemented and the reps to decide on changes being good/bad but it just means for a few months some classes and play styles will remain weak.
    Like I said, I understand wanting to perfect things, working on too many things at the same time usually means little bugs and stuff get missed but some don’t want to wait for Warden to be out of the trash (basically). I am lucky that I have max amount of characters so I can park my Warden and other broken play styles for a fix.
    I guess we will have to see what Update 19 brings for class changes.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So we’re just going to throw in jewelry crafting, 2h double slot, and a new skill line. All things that will affect character power and build options; but are not even going to really look at class balance.

at this point i'd prefer if they leave classes as they are on live. and leave class balance for next update so they can actually put a respectable amount of time and consideration into it.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 7, 2018 7:05PM
    Invictus
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    "at this point i'd prefer if they leave classes as they are on live. and leave class balance for next update so they can actually put a respectable amount of time and consideration into it."

I agree, except they really need to fix what they have done to werewolf light attacks.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

at this point i'd prefer if they leave classes as they are on live. and leave class balance for next update so they can actually put a respectable amount of time and consideration into it.

they wont do it as in depth as we want. Someone has to code all those crown store/crate cosmetic items that the marketing department wants ZOS to force on you ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »

they wont do it as in depth as we want. Someone has to code all those crown store/crate cosmetic items that the marketing department wants ZOS to force on you ;)

only way i'm buying *** from the crown store is if they put time and effort into improving the game and show they actually care about the classes. you know, make the game worth spending money on.
    Invictus
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the fix for Bone Pirate also apply to Live?
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few nonconstructive comments. This is a friendly reminder to avoid personal insults and to keep comments on topic and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade
    • Siphoning
      • Debilitate (Cripple morph): Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect from this morph could not be placed on the same enemy from different Nightblade casters.

thank you for fixing this, because that was way too much damage and we could not even move because of that happening.

in addition to this, could you please do the same with it stacking and making it so that multiple nightblades cannot spam stun and cripple 1 person making it so we cant move?
    as well as multiple dragonights and sorcerers also can spam crowd controls on 1 person making it so they are locked inplace and unable to move.

please fix.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    "You will no longer occasionally lose your target when attacking either Z'Maja or the Welkynar Gryphons while in melee range."

Thanks for this. That was annoying when trying to fight those bosses with my Stam DPS and I lost DPS when my melee attacks wouldn't target the boss despite being on the boss's butt.

Still bummed there are no class balance changes and racial balance changes, though.
    #GiveKhajiitAnotherStamOrWeaponPassiveInsteadOfHealthRecovery
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nightblade
    • Siphoning
      • Debilitate (Cripple morph): Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect from this morph could not be placed on the same enemy from different Nightblade casters.

thank you for fixing this, because that was way too much damage and we could not even move because of that happening.

in addition to this, could you please do the same with it stacking and making it so that multiple nightblades cannot spam stun and cripple 1 person making it so we cant move?
    as well as multiple dragonights and sorcerers also can spam crowd controls on 1 person making it so they are locked inplace and unable to move.

please fix.

I think you misread it
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Well it outperformed other traits by a lot, so 10% is fairly in line. With three bloodthirsty you will now get 7.5% more damage overall, which is multiplicative with all other damage.

No other trait would offer you a flat 11.25% damage increase on three jewellery, using the 15% per item you suggested. All builds that were published until now used bloodthirsty because it outperformed the rest by a mile. Now it will be slightly ahead, but it is a tradeoff because resources have more utility.

No this is not how it works. You are saying that 25% of the time you get 10% more damage, but enemies are not in execute range for 25% of the fight. Since group damage increases significantly during the execute phase, the last 25% of boss health only makes up around 15% of fight duration. Using magblade as an example, Impale does more than double the damage of Funnel Health.

With this in mind, 3 pieces of Bloodthirsty only average 10% X 3 X 15% = 4.5% damage increase average. This is weaker than Infused, Arcane or Robust for damage. Additionally, the other traits help with healing and shields, Bloodthirsty does nothing for defense.

The only situation Bloodthirsty looks good is solo on a class that does not have an execute, like MagDK. It is probably useful for cheesing a high dummy parse, but loses its effectiveness when grouped with others that have increased execute damage. It doesn't make sense that the "trials trait" becomes useless when doing content in a group.

I'll agree that 20% bonus damage was too high, and it over performed compared to other traits. However, Bloodthirsty really should provide higher damage than other traits, considering its lack of defensive utility. 15% could be the right number, but 10% just means it should be avoided by all builds, and there is no point in adding it to the game.