Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.3

• Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]Felt good to know, others do some more DPS bc i used a set which helps them[/quote]

If you like supporting others do better dps choose a support role like tank or healer.
    Damage dealers are ment to do damage,healers and tank for support.

We dont wanna go back to the one-man-army era of ESO when the DK's were dpsing tanking and healing nubs at the dungeon do we? Diversity has limits lol
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    We dont wanna go back to the one-man-army era of ESO when the DK's were dpsing tanking and healing nubs at the dungeon do we? Diversity has limits lol

You just described an Off-tank in vAS+2, also don't forget resurrecting, applying concussion, interrupting, and buffing group flame damage in addition to providing Ebon buff, alkosh, and crusher enchant.

We also need Bloodthirsty trait buffed to 15% as 10 was an overnerf. Noone wants to see everyone running infused with no diversity on DDs.
    Edited by rosendoichinoveb17_ESO on May 8, 2018 6:40PM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

at least the game had a more active and lively playerbase at that time. so, i'd be more than happy to go back to that if it also brought the players back.

frankly one tamriel suited the type of player ESO had and they really can't get another type of player, which is why they lost a massive chunk of their players with morrowind. and they're probably not going to recover from it, just a steady decline.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 8, 2018 7:36PM
    Invictus
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great change on Mend Wounds! The ability is much more natural now.

And awesome customer service response on the Maormer motif.

That being said...

The insane nerfhammer treatment of Bloodthirsty is a perfect case study in one of the two worst mistakes of this combat balance team: whoever is making these decisions doesn't understand the basic concepts of nuance and subtlety. Such huge sweeping changes are excessive when the issue only needs small adjustments. Bloodthirsty could be tweaked down to 15% and be fine. Now it's useless. The same abusive overkill has been shown on numerous abilities and gear sets over the years from this combat team and it is bad for the game, bad for customers, and bad for the company.

Sadly, the other mistake is also on full display: negligence. Class balance is in shambles for all roles and the can has been kicked down the road once again to some indeterminate time in the future.

They either do nothing or they swing the nerfhammer way too hard. We need subtle adjustments to damage to bring the classes in line and strategic changes to abilities that open up all playstyle options for all classes. This shouldn't be some hypothetical "direction" that the game move towards "next patch" (oh, wait, next patch, err.....) for years on end. It's a simple matter to ensure that every class has access to 9/10 of the utility functions of each role. It should take one comprehensive balance patch and that patch should've come with Summerset. Instead, a few cool new changes (Jewelrycrafting and 2H change) will keep the game on life support until the next DLC, but I fear for the future of the game if the next DLC doesn't bring these changes.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Felt good to know, others do some more DPS bc i used a set which helps them

If you like supporting others do better dps choose a support role like tank or healer.
    Damage dealers are ment to do damage,healers and tank for support.

I also played tank and healer a lot (especially tank), but why should only those two roles be able to support the group? Imo everyone should do some support for best group performance, be it by using supportsets, playing special mechanics, using special skills or things like that. That's what creates a challenging group play instead of all groups looking exactly the same.

Just look at the forums, others are complaining they are "forced" to support as tank or heal...
    Edited by Destruent on May 8, 2018 7:39PM
    Noobplar
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    [Edited to remove quote]

[snip]

Theres three scenarios, one being that all use regular traits, so the group damage will remain constant until execute and then increase due to the normal execute mechanics. Second is that all use full bloodthirsty. In this case, you own DPS will decline due to the shorter execute phase, but the group dps is the HIGHEST because the boss dies faster overall.

Doesn't make sense to you? I can imagine. Last scenario is that only you use three bloodthirsty. In this case, your own DPS is higher, but the group will still be lower than a full group of bloodthirsty becasue the boss dies slower than before. Your thought of diminishing returns is true to a sense, but bloodthirsty still shortens the fight, which in turns leads to higher group dps. Let me show you a calculation that is accurate and applicable to a trial scenario, because we tested it in a group scenario on a centurion dummy:

6azyy9E.jpg

I'll let you figure it out yourself, if you think about it a second you should be able to get it.

TL;DR: Bloodthirsty was stronger than arcane or robust even if the full group used it and still will be best for damage IN MANY SCENARIOS, especially in fights where the execute is the hardest part of a trial and you want it to end fast.

Dont try and tell me that I should shut up, because this is how you get yourself burned fast. @JinMori

@WrathOfInnos , could also be interesting for you to see :smile:

EDIT: Corrected a minor error with group and own damage.

All right, you did some calculation and they seem to be in favor of bloodthirsty but not by a huge margin, still i give you credit for doing it, but now it's weaker then robust/arcane, and even so, even if you have a full group with bloodthirsty, you still have to take in account that due to lower damage pre execute, you have more chances of dying pre execute just because you are not doing as much damage, and more time = more chances for a fail, sure, when you get to execute the boss will drop like a fly, but is it really worth it? You will also lose self heal, and sustain, so i think the slight dps increase was justified.

Second, i didn't delete my post, zos did, just to clarify some thing, i don't take my words back even if wrong, for the sake of consistency, zos might say it was an insult, i don't think it was, a bit rude, maybe, an offense, no.
    Edited by JinMori on May 8, 2018 8:27PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    JinMori wrote: »
    [Edited to remove quote]

[snip]

Theres three scenarios, one being that all use regular traits, so the group damage will remain constant until execute and then increase due to the normal execute mechanics. Second is that all use full bloodthirsty. In this case, you own DPS will decline due to the shorter execute phase, but the group dps is the HIGHEST because the boss dies faster overall.

Doesn't make sense to you? I can imagine. Last scenario is that only you use three bloodthirsty. In this case, your own DPS is higher, but the group will still be lower than a full group of bloodthirsty becasue the boss dies slower than before. Your thought of diminishing returns is true to a sense, but bloodthirsty still shortens the fight, which in turns leads to higher group dps. Let me show you a calculation that is accurate and applicable to a trial scenario, because we tested it in a group scenario on a centurion dummy:

6azyy9E.jpg

I'll let you figure it out yourself, if you think about it a second you should be able to get it.

TL;DR: Bloodthirsty was stronger than arcane or robust even if the full group used it and still will be best for damage IN MANY SCENARIOS, especially in fights where the execute is the hardest part of a trial and you want it to end fast.

Dont try and tell me that I should shut up, because this is how you get yourself burned fast. @JinMori

All right, you did some calculation and they seem to be in favor of bloodthirsty but not by a huge margin, still i give you credit for doing it, but now it's weaker then robust/arcane, and even so, even if you have a full group with bloodthirsty, you still have to take in account that due to lower damage pre execute, you have more chances of dying pre execute just because you are not doing as much damage, and more time = more chances for a fail, sure, when you get to execute the boss will drop like a fly, but is it really worth it? You will also lose self heal, and sustain, so i think the slight dps increase was justified.

Second, i didn't delete my post, zos did, just to clarify some thing, i don't take my words back even if wrong, for the sake of consistency, zos might say it was an insult, i don't think it was, a bit rude, maybe, an offense, no.

I never said that the magnitude of the nerf was 100% justified, but the trait was overperforming, nothing to argue there. Due to the arguments you made it should be a bit stronger on raw damage, but I'd see it more as 12-13% instead of 15%...

The 10% make it about 0.5% better In damage than robust/arcane, so with 12% it can be like 1.5-2% at least.

Maybe you should reconsider your interpretation of statements that offend people, because zos deleted your post for a reason.
    Edited by Masel on May 8, 2018 8:42PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    [Edited to remove quote]

[snip]

6azyy9E.jpg

I never said that the magnitude of the nerf was 100% justified, but the trait was overperforming, nothing to argue there. Due to the arguments you made it should be a bit stronger on raw damage, but I'd see it more as 12-13% instead of 15%...

The 10% make it about 0.5% better In damage than robust/arcane, so with 12% it can be like 1.5-2% at least.

Maybe you should reconsider your interpretation of statements that offend people, because zos deleted your post for a reason.

Still don't think it was offensive, if i outright told you you're stupid, then i think you would be in the right to be at least slightly offended, shut up, i don't really see how it would be so offensive, i think instead people should stop intrude themselves in other's conversation and decide for the person what's offensive and what's not, if you were offended by that, well, sorry that you were offended.

Anyway, i think blood was overnerfed to conclude.
    Edited by JinMori on May 8, 2018 8:54PM
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing about implosion? This passive is supposed to finisher passive, not nuking you at 40% health or proc just when a sorc is nearby without attacking you.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caitsith wrote: »
    Still nothing about implosion? This passive is supposed to finisher passive, not nuking you at 40% health or proc just when a sorc is nearby without attacking you.

It can't "nuke you at 40% health" since it starts when you are under 15% only.
    It's something else getting you below 15% or your heal coming in to bring you from below 15% to 40% as implosion also triggers the same instant.
    It also requires shock or physical damage to be done to you from the sorcerer. So they literally are attacking you. Maybe you shouldn't stand in Boundless Storms or Hurricane's AoE or Wall of Elements or should purge DoTs from yourself.

[Snip].

[Edited to remove bait]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 9, 2018 1:52PM
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's something else getting you below 15% or your heal coming in to bring you from below 15% to 40% as implosion also triggers the same instant.
    It also requires shock or physical damage to be done to you from the sorcerer. So they literally are attacking you. Maybe you shouldn't stand in Boundless Storms or Hurricane's AoE or Wall of Elements or should purge DoTs from yourself.

If you don't know what actually killed you then don't post.

I know about what i'm writing and what I've experienced. You don't have to be unpleasant and contemptuous if you don't agree with me.

And don't make false statements.

Shooting star : 7k
    flam reach : 3k
    and another ability at 3k (9k health left)
    and then suddenly dead right after with 9k implosion. Only from one player.

I have 22k health. And it's not the first time that happen to me in pvp.
    Edited by Wrubius_Coronaria on May 8, 2018 11:17PM
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkdex wrote: »
    Well, bloodthirst is now useless, it is OVERNERFED, a 15% damage increase would be balanced from my perspective. Please reconsider this change @ZOS_GinaBruno

its still going to be absurd in pvp even if its perhpas not as worth it in pve anymore.

30% increase on execute damage in pvp with mage wrath? please sorcs are going to have a field day...

templars and nightblades as well tbh.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 9, 2018 12:10AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You just described an Off-tank in vAS+2, also don't forget resurrecting, applying concussion, interrupting, and buffing group flame damage in addition to providing Ebon buff, alkosh, and crusher enchant.

We also need Bloodthirsty trait buffed to 15% as 10 was an overnerf. Noone wants to see everyone running infused with no diversity on DDs.

I did not described an offtank at vAS+2 i described the best dps in game back then that could heal tank and be the best at the same time,in sword and board and light armor. Thats your offtank in vAS+2?

No bloodthirsty is fine,a stamDK ive tested lost barely 2k dps from the nerf. Now a magblade probably wont cast 90k impales after nerf.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Well, bloodthirst is now useless, it is OVERNERFED, a 15% damage increase would be balanced from my perspective. Please reconsider this change @ZOS_GinaBruno

its still going to be absurd in pvp even if its perhpas not as worth it in pve anymore.

30% increase on execute damage in pvp with mage wrath? please sorcs are going to have a field day...

If a sorc loads 3 bloodthirsty on pvp it will be a great thing for you simply because he will obliterate his dps and his shields plus he will never reach you in execute range with such low damage,assuming ofc that you know how to counter them.

Nightblades are not fine,their execute ability needs to be tuned down as its outrageously overtuned.
    I wont even talk about death stroke and its morphs.
    A forum whiner would say they have the best sustain nerf them, but id say make everyone sustain as good as nightblades do.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is graphical issue with memento from Collector Edition of Summerset, edges of VFX cut by alpha channel stacking, and textures pretty low res.
    Screenshot_20180423_124057.jpg
    There no such issue on advertising
    EXCLUSIVE MEMENTO: PSIJIC SCRYING TALISMAN
    A memento that allows you to simulate the farseeing spells of the Psijic Order mages.
    0d1ff9c9b7a90f251b6fbd9e64543b32.jpg
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, don't buff bloodthirsty. That *** shouldn't exist. Glad its no longer mandatory.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

If a sorc loads 3 bloodthirsty on pvp it will be a great thing for you simply because he will obliterate his dps and his shields plus he will never reach you in execute range with such low damage,assuming ofc that you know how to counter them.

Nightblades are not fine,their execute ability needs to be tuned down as its outrageously overtuned.
    I wont even talk about death stroke and its morphs.
    A forum whiner would say they have the best sustain nerf them, but id say make everyone sustain as good as nightblades do.

no no. that sorc with bloodthirsty is going to be behind 50 other players spamming wrath. that's all Cyrodiil is these day after all.
    Edited by Lucky28 on May 9, 2018 2:03AM
    Invictus
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Either way Implosion needs to be reworked/removed. That sort of Bantha poodoo doesn't belong in this game. I remember fighting a really good sorc and it was a fun fight but then implosion proced and ended that fun. And I was like "oh damn this guy is a good pla- are you kidding me!!!!"
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So now tanks have to go pvp to get triune in order to be able to use it in pve content.... I can’t just pvp for it because playing against other humans sets of my chronic anxiety, which in turn sets of my doctor... I can’t buy the trait material because unlike drops players have to choose to buy it, so basicaly I will have to buy the jewelry, which given its rarity will likely cost quarter of a million gold a shot and break it down to get the stone out of it... sometimes I feel like I’m banging my head on a wall......... :'(

Actually, scratch that... I buy one hugely expensive junk ring for research, then all I need it to run a decade of pledges to get the transmute stones to do nine items of jewelry... yay................. :/
    Edited by Integral1900 on May 9, 2018 6:17AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So now tanks have to go pvp to get triune in order to be able to use it in pve content.... I can’t just pvp for it because playing against other humans sets of my chronic anxiety, which in turn sets of my doctor... I can’t buy the trait material because unlike drops players have to choose to buy it, so basicaly I will have to buy the jewelry, which given its rarity will likely cost quarter of a million gold a shot and break it down to get the stone out of it... sometimes I feel like I’m banging my head on a wall......... :'(

Actually, scratch that... I buy one hugely expensive junk ring for research, then all I need it to run a decade of pledges to get the transmute stones to do nine items of jewelry... yay................. :/

You underestimate how many people play pvp, the trait wont be rare and people will research it quickly because its good for pvp builds and tanks. When pvpers have researched it they will sell triune jewelry for others to research so it wont be that expensive.

Maybe you should decide on a specific gear setup that you want to run with 3x triune jewelry pieces because transmuting 9 pieces (450 transmute stones) will take a long time if you dont pvp.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know about what i'm writing and what I've experienced. You don't have to be unpleasant and contemptuous if you don't agree with me.

You're the one who made false statements.

Implosions only triggers at below 15% health and you posted this clearly false piece:
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 9, 2018 8:11AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Either way Implosion needs to be reworked/removed. That sort of Bantha poodoo doesn't belong in this game. I remember fighting a really good sorc and it was a fun fight but then implosion proced and ended that fun. And I was like "oh damn this guy is a good pla- are you kidding me!!!!"

Well then they replace it with Bloodthirsty jewelry. Even more reliable finishing from higher health.
    Why not try to keep your health "out of the red zone". Nobody a football fan here? That's a bad place to be.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is graphical issue with memento from Collector Edition of Summerset, edges of VFX cut by alpha channel stacking, and textures pretty low res.
    Screenshot_20180423_124057.jpg

Old picture. The center is now perfect but off center low and the spinning lights around the edges are farther away.
    Get on PTS and check.

Edit:
    Did a race change from high elf to wood elf on PTS and the position of the inner portal changed and the outer circling magic ring shrunk and changed position also.

This varies based on character height as 2 separate graphical pieces. It needs to be set as one piece.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 9, 2018 9:43AM
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Implosions only triggers at below 15% health and you posted this clearly false piece of stupid:

Well. Come back when you will have some real arguments, except telling me how stupid I am.

But don't put the blame on me if you cant accept the numbers that I had.
    Edited by Wrubius_Coronaria on May 9, 2018 8:10AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Implosions only triggers at below 15% health and you posted this clearly false piece of stupid:

Well. Come back when you will have some real arguments, except telling me how stupid I am.

But don't put the blame on me if you cant accept the numbers that I had.

Real argument????
    How about I post a screenshot of the Implosion tooltip from in game for you and show how you changed "15%" to "40%" for your fake statistic??

64cSkRd.png
    Now where the hell does that say 40%??
    It's not even guaranteed. It's 6% which means they have to hit you at least 17 times while you are under 15% health to guarantee it procs, which you'll probably be dead before you reach that amount of hits from something else, more often than not.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 9, 2018 8:15AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't argue using numbers if you refuse to read the numbers from the source we all have available.
    Making up fake numbers just shows you have no argument. [snip]

I'm glad you don't write the news, or do you, otherwise you would be causing a panic every day until people just called you "the person who cried wolf" and ignored you.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 9, 2018 2:05PM
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    No Potion Cooldown FIx
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. I provided the numbers that I got yesterday in my death recap. (Thankfully I have a very good memory and wrote here what I've seen). Yes no screenshot. I understand this bother you. But get over it seriously.

Should I make the calcul for you show you it procced at 40%?

This passive is bugged. It trigger before 15%.

I don't understand what is complicated for you here. Did you were here with me for watching my scren? No of course. Then why are you bothering me trying to prove at all cost that I have absolutely wrong and spamming me with your conptentuous nonsense? And keep reapiting and assuming I'm stupid, with no ideas or understandings and knowledges of the game. Is that how you learned to argue when you lack of valids arguments or reasonings skills?
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*]Jorvuld’s Guidance: This item set no longer displays its visual effect every time you weapon swap into it.

Thank you very much. Can we please also turn off the gong/bell audio each time the set is "weapon swapped" into?

...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god. I provided the numbers that I got yesterday in my death recap. (Thankfully I have a very good memory and wrote here what I've seen). Yes no screenshot. I understand this bother you. But get over it seriously.

Should I make the calcul for you show you it procced at 40%?

This passive is bugged. It trigger before 15%.

Prove it.
    Setup a duel with a sorc and record it for this or take a screenshot of your death recap when it happens again at least.

You can't get anything fixed without proof. You're also the only person I have seen claiming it triggers at higher health.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 9, 2018 8:54AM