The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.2

• Aeowhyn
    Aeowhyn
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Aeowhyn wrote: »
    ZOS, I deeply reviewed all the upcomming sets and set changes and I´d like to raise one question.

Is it intended that nearly all the armor sets and spell-, buff- and game-mechanics force the players to stack and stand close to the mob while fighting a boss mob (in most of the boss fight cases)?

Somehow I would love to see some armor sets and spells that allow the player to play as a real range DD. You should be rewarded to keep the maximum distance between you and the boss mob (or in PVP .. keep max distance to your pvp enemy)

Maybe you could add some kind of light armor that has a five piece bonus like "you gain 700 spelldamage when you hit your enemy from 25m or greater distance .. getting closer to the enemy reduces that gain continously down to 300 spelldamage (at 0m distance to the enemy)"

Why should you be rewarded for taking the least risky path? Particularly in PVP?

Yes .. I understand your point. So maybe my question should be only PVE related.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrong thread for this post
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 8, 2018 8:49AM
  • Aeowhyn
    Aeowhyn
    ✭✭
    Aeowhyn wrote: »
    Somehow I would love to see some armor sets and spells that allow the player to play as a real range DD. You should be rewarded to keep the maximum distance between you and the boss mob (or in PVP .. keep max distance to your pvp enemy)

Maybe you could add some kind of light armor that has a five piece bonus like "you gain 700 spelldamage when you hit your enemy from 25m or greater distance .. getting closer to the enemy reduces that gain continously down to 300 spelldamage (at 0m distance to the enemy)"
    It makes the healer's job difficult. Heals are directional & aimed and have a limited range, so the healer can't be very far from the the tank. Having to spin around every few seconds to buff or heal someone behind them costs time & resources the healer could be using on the whole group instead.

Hello Victoriana,

yes .. and that´s exactly why I´m asking ZOS why they design the game like that. Why did they decide that a healer should be "directional". I wish there would be some kind of gameplay mechanic that gives the healer a possiblity to choose. For example .. in the former days of Dark Age of Camelot the healer was able to choose his healing target via the group window. It did not matter if the target stood in front or behind him.

I would love to see that. So it would be possible to have a Melee camp and a Range DD camp in PVE boss fights. I think this could enable a lot of cool boss fight mechanics.

At the moment, for me, it feels a little bit like every range DD is forces to play like a melee char. In most of the boss fights it does not matter if you´re a dual-wield DD, magicka DK (also some kind of close combat type of char) or a Magicka Sorc. Everyone is forced to stand close to the boss (<5-10 meters).

So I would looooove to see some changes for the healer and then I think it would be cool to create some Range DD sets like the one I proposed in my former post.

And if someone posts a comment like "why should you be rewarded to take the easy range DD way in a Boss fight situation". My answer would be .. " .. you could make some boss fight mechanics that put higher pressure on range DDs .."