Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.2

• Lightblind
    Lightblind
    Soul Shriven
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Very disappointed that arena weapons (Master, Maelstrom, etc) still have not received a 1pc stat bonus to compensate for the fact that ALL two handed weapons now give 2 bonuses.

Agreed, Arena weapons do need a reasonable buff to keep their reward for proving you're half competent at the game.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohnStorm wrote: »
    Still waiting for that magwarden buff... Wtf this was supposed to be the balance change patch and there are 0 class changes! Hello???

@JohnStorm from a Guildie
    These are the top 6 mil self buffed parses on pts server aggregated from pts forum (to try to eliminate cheese parses as much as possible I've not included 3 mil parses);

StamDK - 44k
    MagDK - 45.8k
    MagBlade - 57.8k!!!
    StamBlade - no value yet
    MagSorc - 47k (no pet)
    StamSorc - 50k
    Magplar - 45k
    Stamplar - no value yet
    MagWarden - 47.7k!!!
    StamDen - no value yet

To get a sense of why I'm not including 3 mil parses, a magblade hit 70.9k a few days ago on a cheese parse... no other class has hit higher than 50k self buffed even on 3 mil. A 6 mil parse gives a sense of how sustainable the build is.

Even if you add 8% extra damage to all other classes (to account for minor beserk), magblades are over performing at the moment. Stam Sorc and Mag Warden parses were very surprising. Remains to be seen what changes going forward as new pts patch will come out today so there will be more parses coming out soon I'm sure.

Using Elemental Weapon, Blue max magicka/max health food and Balance will give you those numbers. It is pure cheese and in no way it's related to the DPS of the class because everyone can run it and get higher dps than a magwarden.

@JohnStorm while I haven’t done the leg work myself, it appears as it’s not pure cheese as stated by the person a quoted. Considering there are classes chasing 50k right now on live, I have a hard time believe any of this is cheese
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No magwarden changes :(

Not surprised. ZOS doesn't care about mag warden bro.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Heres to hoping that NEXT WEEK will bring stamplar buffs...

Hahaha like stamplar really needs a buff. Good one!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    Wait, wouldn't the new buff actually be a nerf because it can't be stacked anymore?
    Depends what else gets turned into this buff or grants it. However it does seem ZOS is trying to remove the stacking of too many buffs, which is one way to bring the creep back and make multiple sets and builds viable.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I thought this was the balance week?

When have they actually stuck by what they say?
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magwarden changes??? Hello?
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    Vestment of Olorime vs SPC looks interesting. SPC is triggered by any overheal. Vestment of Olorime is bound to a ground based AoE over 10sec to grant the buff, although granting it for 30sec once it hits. What is better may require testing (for example whether it can hit more than 6 people)
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vestment of Olorime vs SPC looks interesting. SPC is triggered by any overheal. Vestment of Olorime is bound to a ground based AoE over 10sec to grant the buff, although granting it for 30sec once it hits. What is better may require testing (for example whether it can hit more than 6 people)

1 Orb will process SPC on all 12 people
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• JohnStorm
    JohnStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for that magwarden buff... Wtf this was supposed to be the balance change patch and there are 0 class changes! Hello???

These are the top 6 mil self buffed parses on pts server aggregated from pts forum (to try to eliminate cheese parses as much as possible I've not included 3 mil parses);

StamDK - 44k
    MagDK - 45.8k
    MagBlade - 57.8k!!!
    StamBlade - no value yet
    MagSorc - 47k (no pet)
    StamSorc - 50k
    Magplar - 45k
    Stamplar - no value yet
    MagWarden - 47.7k!!!
    StamDen - no value yet

To get a sense of why I'm not including 3 mil parses, a magblade hit 70.9k a few days ago on a cheese parse... no other class has hit higher than 50k self buffed even on 3 mil. A 6 mil parse gives a sense of how sustainable the build is.

Even if you add 8% extra damage to all other classes (to account for minor beserk), magblades are over performing at the moment. Stam Sorc and Mag Warden parses were very surprising. Remains to be seen what changes going forward as new pts patch will come out today so there will be more parses coming out soon I'm sure.

Using Elemental Weapon, Blue max magicka/max health food and Balance will give you those numbers. It is pure cheese and in no way it's related to the DPS of the class because everyone can run it and get higher dps than a magwarden.

@JohnStorm while I haven’t done the leg work myself, it appears as it’s not pure cheese as stated by the person a quoted. Considering there are classes chasing 50k right now on live, I have a hard time believe any of this is cheese

Why would I believe what a person has written down when I can see the youtube vids that are popping up. Magwarden is hitting those numbers in only one condition (bear ult, self major slayer, balance, blue food, new spammable, zaan's). I've seen NON cheese parses of other classes doing the same and sometimes even better than cheese magwarden.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you not reply to comments last patch note thread saying that you would be addressing balance changes this patch? All I see are some new sets being reworked? Did I miss something or did we fall asleep at the wheel again? Revert the strife change or give us some incentive to slot this over force pulse, quit taking away class identity and uniqueness. No one wants to play a watered down game where everyone heavy attacks and uses the same damn abilities.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you not reply to comments last patch note thread saying that you would be addressing balance changes this patch? All I see are some new sets being reworked? Did I miss something or did we fall asleep at the wheel again? Revert the strife change or give us some incentive to slot this over force pulse, quit taking away class identity and uniqueness. No one wants to play a watered down game where everyone heavy attacks and uses the same damn abilities.

No doubt! Some classes turning into weapon abilities being buffed by class passives.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vestments of olorime will still be trash as long ad it functions the way it currently does.
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

It sure as heck does in PvE. It is non existant. Now that sunderflame brings minor debuffs there is literally NO reason to bring one.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strg+f -> Sload -> nothing

dtxLNTNwScxAEdpkF3aILLHgmizzshsE1nNBro10Xpo.png?w=566&s=aba77c29c439d70995fab56d6f12bd43
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want engine guardian outfit pack :(
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you not reply to comments last patch note thread saying that you would be addressing balance changes this patch? All I see are some new sets being reworked?
    Guys, don't forget as stated in the very first paragraph, you'll begin seeing some balance adjustments next week at the earliest. This patch is mainly bug fixes.

My emphasis. Chill people.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new healing set is beautiful, and Jorvulds buffing SPC <3 ZOS u legends
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was just getting excited about light attacks not being completely useless anymore :(
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

StamDK - 44k
    MagDK - 45.8k
    MagBlade - 57.8k!!!
    StamBlade - no value yet
    MagSorc - 47k (no pet)
    StamSorc - 50k
    Magplar - 45k
    Stamplar - no value yet
    MagWarden - 47.7k!!!
    StamDen - no value yet

Why would I believe what a person has written down when I can see the youtube vids that are popping up. Magwarden is hitting those numbers in only one condition (bear ult, self major slayer, balance, blue food, new spammable, zaan's). I've seen NON cheese parses of other classes doing the same and sometimes even better than cheese magwarden.
    How the hell is Bear ultimate and self Major Slayer cheese. It’s the only mag range class that can run MA and it’s long been known the Bear out performs anything else. Besides as far as I can tell the build you are talking about is the legitimate trials ready build. Not some set and skills you’d never actually run.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on April 30, 2018 6:09PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• JohnStorm
    JohnStorm
    ✭✭✭

StamDK - 44k
    MagDK - 45.8k
    MagBlade - 57.8k!!!
    StamBlade - no value yet
    MagSorc - 47k (no pet)
    StamSorc - 50k
    Magplar - 45k
    Stamplar - no value yet
    MagWarden - 47.7k!!!
    StamDen - no value yet

How the hell is Bear ultimate and self Major Slayer cheese. It’s the only mag range class that can run MA and it’s long been known the Bear out performs anything else. Besides as far as I can tell the build you are talking about is the legitimate trials ready build. Not some set and skills you’d never actually run.

Ok, have fun running balance in raids, especially in places like vHoF and vMoL HM. And it IS cheese because NOBODY ELSE can get major slayer on a dummy except for magnbs, and as you can see they are far ahead with numbers. Once you compare magwarden numbers to other classes in RAID environment, you will see how far behind they can be.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I did call it, I knew nothing would be changed for DKs and again I was unfortunately correct.
    Can't wait for all the players who stated I was over exaggerating and that I need to be "patient" in regards to my DK receiving substantial changes, to finally apologize.
    The same old pattern just took place and boy it was expected.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • FThisIWantALongerNam
    Mag Warden still bottom of the barrel, no unique minor buff like every other class, no reason to bring them to any group content over another class. Should I just delete mine?
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new healing set is beautiful, and Jorvulds buffing SPC <3 ZOS u legends

Now you can provide a lil bit more CP than %27 on Ra Kotu KAPPA :trollface:
    Edited by themaddaedra on April 30, 2018 6:21PM
    PC|EU
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »

It sure as heck does in PvE. It is non existant. Now that sunderflame brings minor debuffs there is literally NO reason to bring one.

Sounds familiar. Ever heard of mag warden?
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Restraining Prison (Encase morph): Fixed an issue where the Major Vitality buff duration from this morph was not being increased for each enemy hit.

Woah, where did that come from?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • StoicSunbro
    StoicSunbro
    ✭✭✭
    It's way to soon to say SPC is dead.

The new set is ground based, and players must stand in it for the buff to be applied. If the circle is small enough, it will not be ideal for soft stacks (like starfall).

Additionally if the set works like Circle of Protection, where it continually applies a 1 server tick buff to allies standing within the circle, it is not buffed by Jorvulds. SPC will be affected.

So the new sets have different use cases and tradeoffs. There are going to be situations where one has higher uptimes on more targets than the other.
    Edited by StoicSunbro on April 30, 2018 6:24PM
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden still the runt of the litter?
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

StamDK - 44k
    MagDK - 45.8k
    MagBlade - 57.8k!!!
    StamBlade - no value yet
    MagSorc - 47k (no pet)
    StamSorc - 50k
    Magplar - 45k
    Stamplar - no value yet
    MagWarden - 47.7k!!!
    StamDen - no value yet

Ok, have fun running balance in raids, especially in places like vHoF and vMoL HM. And it IS cheese because NOBODY ELSE can get major slayer on a dummy except for magnbs, and as you can see they are far ahead with numbers. Once you compare magwarden numbers to other classes in RAID environment, you will see how far behind they can be.

Only MagBlade, StamBlade, and Stamplar. Yep total cheese, totally not meta for Stamplar or StamBlade to run WM. I’ll admit I don’t like the idea of running Balance, but I also have never tried running it either.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »

Sounds familiar. Ever heard of mag warden?

Yup they are in the same boat. I was just commenting on how it was mentioned that stamplar does not need love too.