The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.2

• Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    Vestment of Olorime vs SPC looks interesting. SPC is triggered by any overheal. Vestment of Olorime is bound to a ground based AoE over 10sec to grant the buff, although granting it for 30sec once it hits. What is better may require testing (for example whether it can hit more than 6 people)

1 Orb will process SPC on all 12 people

Good to know
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Updated the furnishing plan drop chances within Vvardenfell, Clockwork City, and Summerset. When you loot a furnishing plan in these areas, you are now much more likely to see furnishing plans directly associated with that area."

giphy.gif
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    Rygonix wrote: »
    Kanar wrote: »
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    bye bye spc was nice knowing you :)

What else grants Major Courage? All I see is one other set that has it as a ground based buff.

It doesn't require the targets be overhealed to receive the buff, so if you just pop Illustrious Healing wherever anyone is they are guaranteed to receive the buff.

I think it's very based on situations.

The Vestment of Olorime is only working with "Ground based effect abilities" which means for example the healing springs or other ground effects.

While SPC is meant to overheal to get a person the buff, BUT that can be applied by any healing (for example from Mutagen, etc.).

So maybe depending on the dungeon/raid/pvp what's better then.

Honestly, I don't see Vestment as replacing SPC. Regen + Minor Aegis vs Max Magic + Spell Damage on the 2-4 piece means SPC healers will have stronger heals, while Vestments will be largely redundant as Healers need enough regen to heal and more than that is wasted so the only thing you're gaining is Minor Aegis.

We also don't know how the circle buff will behave. Will it be placed around the caster or where the ground effect is placed? Both will have issues as they'd require going to the spot of the circle to collect the buff and some trials don't really allow that.

Vestments is at a clear disadvantage in all regards, at least on paper.
    Argonian forever
  • JohnStorm
    JohnStorm
    ✭✭✭
    JohnStorm wrote: »
    Still waiting for that magwarden buff... Wtf this was supposed to be the balance change patch and there are 0 class changes! Hello???

@JohnStorm from a Guildie
    These are the top 6 mil self buffed parses on pts server aggregated from pts forum (to try to eliminate cheese parses as much as possible I've not included 3 mil parses);

StamDK - 44k
    MagDK - 45.8k
    MagBlade - 57.8k!!!
    StamBlade - no value yet
    MagSorc - 47k (no pet)
    StamSorc - 50k
    Magplar - 45k
    Stamplar - no value yet
    MagWarden - 47.7k!!!
    StamDen - no value yet

To get a sense of why I'm not including 3 mil parses, a magblade hit 70.9k a few days ago on a cheese parse... no other class has hit higher than 50k self buffed even on 3 mil. A 6 mil parse gives a sense of how sustainable the build is.

Even if you add 8% extra damage to all other classes (to account for minor beserk), magblades are over performing at the moment. Stam Sorc and Mag Warden parses were very surprising. Remains to be seen what changes going forward as new pts patch will come out today so there will be more parses coming out soon I'm sure.

Using Elemental Weapon, Blue max magicka/max health food and Balance will give you those numbers. It is pure cheese and in no way it's related to the DPS of the class because everyone can run it and get higher dps than a magwarden.

@JohnStorm while I haven’t done the leg work myself, it appears as it’s not pure cheese as stated by the person a quoted. Considering there are classes chasing 50k right now on live, I have a hard time believe any of this is cheese

Why would I believe what a person has written down when I can see the youtube vids that are popping up. Magwarden is hitting those numbers in only one condition (bear ult, self major slayer, balance, blue food, new spammable, zaan's). I've seen NON cheese parses of other classes doing the same and sometimes even better than cheese magwarden.
    How the hell is Bear ultimate and self Major Slayer cheese. It’s the only mag range class that can run MA and it’s long been known the Bear out performs anything else. Besides as far as I can tell the build you are talking about is the legitimate trials ready build. Not some set and skills you’d never actually run.

Ok, have fun running balance in raids, especially in places like vHoF and vMoL HM. And it IS cheese because NOBODY ELSE can get major slayer on a dummy except for magnbs, and as you can see they are far ahead with numbers. Once you compare magwarden numbers to other classes in RAID environment, you will see how far behind they can be.

Only MagBlade, StamBlade, and Stamplar. Yep total cheese, totally not meta for Stamplar or StamBlade to run WM. I’ll admit I don’t like the idea of running Balance, but I also have never tried running it either.

I'm not considering stam parses. You cannot compare stam vs. mag on a dummy simply because:
    1. Stams have lower pen
    2. Stams cannot apply concussion for 8% more damage, which every mag can now with the new spammable

I see that you have a hard time understanding how self buffed dummy parses work vs. actual trial dps. I'm not saying MA is not meta for magwarden, I'm saying it's the only thing that makes them remotely viable, and even then you have magnbs pulling way more dps while buffing the group with MA. Magwarden is never considered in serious raiding groups not just because they pull less dps in raid environment, but also because the only thing they provide as a buff to the group, magnbs do it better. Also, running pets is not viable in every fight in trials, and non-pet warden is the worst class for dps period.
    Edited by JohnStorm on April 30, 2018 6:34PM
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better trail sets than the last cause they were mostly like running a duegeon or being a openworld set.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Bodycounter
    Bodycounter
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Nice to see set changes so fast and some of them are well done and partly work from the community.

2. Class balance changes have to be done until next patch, you can‘t be serious if the current state is final.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys have ''lack of gameplay variety in sorcerers'' in your dictionary ZoS?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom weapons update is missing.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ "class balance changes"
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭

What else grants Major Courage? All I see is one other set that has it as a ground based buff.

It doesn't require the targets be overhealed to receive the buff, so if you just pop Illustrious Healing wherever anyone is they are guaranteed to receive the buff.

The Vestment of Olorime is only working with "Ground based effect abilities" which means for example the healing springs or other ground effects.

While SPC is meant to overheal to get a person the buff, BUT that can be applied by any healing (for example from Mutagen, etc.).

Honestly, I don't see Vestment as replacing SPC. Regen + Minor Aegis vs Max Magic + Spell Damage on the 2-4 piece means SPC healers will have stronger heals, while Vestments will be largely redundant as Healers need enough regen to heal and more than that is wasted so the only thing you're gaining is Minor Aegis.

We also don't know how the circle buff will behave. Will it be placed around the caster or where the ground effect is placed? Both will have issues as they'd require going to the spot of the circle to collect the buff and some trials don't really allow that.

You could replace regen sources with damage.
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭
    I tested Olorime and SPC:

For me SPC still gives SPC buff and no other effect. Olorime simply does not do anything. It also seems to be no hidden effect since nothing is updating damage numbers.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do plan to have balance changes for class's on the PTS ride?

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭

For me SPC still gives SPC buff and no other effect. Olorime simply does not do anything. It also seems to be no hidden effect since nothing is updating damage numbers.

I mean the OLD SPC buff.

It does get increased by Jorvulds tho.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No consideration or explanation for nerfs to 2H light attacks and strife, despite endless pages and threads of negative feedback.

@zos_ginabruno @zos_wrobel what gives?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you can provide a lil bit more CP than %27 on Ra Kotu KAPPA :trollface:

it was 27% ele drain stop spreading false rumours :'(

GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    seems like vestment of olorime not working on pts its not procing for me and also jorvuld not adding extra time for it while for spc its works
  • Iwamura
    Iwamura
    Soul Shriven
    NICE rework, gg!
  • Temeraire507
    Temeraire507
    ✭✭✭

I mean the OLD SPC buff.

Update: It does get increased but the increasement is almost useless. It gets near 100% Uptime with and without jorvulds. SPC does not get refreshed until it ran off either way, but it directly activates again after running out for me. (Update due to spelling mistakes)
    Edited by Temeraire507 on April 30, 2018 7:04PM
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffs and Debuffs
    • Major Courage: This is a new buff category that grants 258 Weapon and Spell Damage. It is currently granted by the Spell Power Cure and Vestment of Olorime Item Sets.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Did they forget Powerful Assault Set?
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Powerful+Assault+Set

It's unfair!

Powerful Assault Set will grant Minor Courage?

Come on!
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You could replace regen sources with damage.

That depends entirely on what complimentary set you're using with SPC/Vestments. If you use Jorvuld's, SPC is absolutely better since Jorvuld's is also full of regen. Twilight's Remedy might become redundant now that everyone has Minor Force but still, it already has Minor Aegis so it's better off with SPC too. Mending and Worm could work with either set.

I'm not saying the set is bad but I just don't see its replacing SPC anytime soon
    Argonian forever
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean the OLD SPC buff.

Update: It does get increased but the increasement is almost useless. It gets near 100% Uptime with and without jorvulds. SPC does not get refreshed until it ran off either way, but it directly activates again after running out for me. (Update due to spelling mistakes)

An extra 4 seconds is pretty useful in a trial like Asylum where everyone is running around and not staying stationary.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell Power Cure is getting Major Courage? It’s not in the notes, does it remain the same in every other way?
    Trial sets are looking considerably better now

Yeah, looks like the healer set from the trial is now an alternate casting option for the SPC buff.
  • GazettE
    GazettE
    ✭✭✭
    Why nobody talk about LA and HA nerf?
    Is it really OP prior this patch?

Ps. Its not bait comment. I dont get a chance to test PTS.
    561+ CP

Sorcerers - Stamina - Magicka - Stormproof

Templar - Magicka - Healer

NightBlade - Magicka - DPS
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome job with Vestment of Olorime. That's the kind of sets we need. Finally a offensive healer set that doesn't have DD stats and is strong but situational.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    27cdkw6eo3ha.jpg
    jw6rp9q8butr.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where Lightning and Restoration Staff Heavy Attacks would not automatically begin channeling on an enemy target if you started their channels before you targeted the enemy, or if they came in your range.

HALLELUJAH!
    I noticed that right away when I got on test after 4.0.0 and couldn't /bug it fast enough. That would have killed restoration and lightning staves. I'll test this to make sure as soon as I can.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Cool so we're gonna get all of the skill balances in the final update then?

I'm guessing the strife adjustments will be in there...
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey there is a bug with malevolent offering and morphs etc, when u apply any type of dmg buff to urself via spc, minor berserk, major sorcery etc or if u get a dmg buff from anyone else. the hp over time gets higher and cost for more, idk if it actually makes u lose more hp or if it's just a sight tooltip error, but yeah that exists
    at a place nobody knows
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    The sororia set needs some raid testing to be sure of how strong it is. Them removing the aoe dot it does actually hurt the set. They should keep the dot and r3duxe the spell damage to about 300 imperfect version and 450 to 500 perfect version. As of right now its only slightly better than bsw and takes 20 seconds to build up. Nice idea but it still needs tweaking
  • zhead11
    zhead11
    Soul Shriven
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Very disappointed that arena weapons (Master, Maelstrom, etc) still have not received a 1pc stat bonus to compensate for the fact that ALL two handed weapons now give 2 bonuses.

Frontbar arena weapons will be completely outclassed by regular set weapons if this change is not implemented.

This is not balanced. And the issue has been highlighted for over a month now, to no avail.

You are missing the fact that you must use a two handed maelstrom or master weapon to obtain the bonus as well. That is the trade-off. If you want to use a maelstrom or master weapon, it always takes 2 slots, whether it be dual wield, sword and board or two handed.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    heavy armor damage sets that can now be 5 piece complete without a single piece of heavy armor

Umm, that's every armor type now that can be that way. Every armor now has jewelry and a 2-hand weapon that means you won't need actual "armor" to complete the set bonuses.

It's actually quite ridiculous that a specific type of armor gives unique set bonuses or that a specific set only drops in one type of armor. It used to be that they started switching that with Thieve's Guild where Bahraha's Curse regularly dropped in any armor type but now only does so through the quest rewards.
    They should just leave the uniqueness between armor types to the armor skill line and have every set drop in every armor type just like we can craft sets in any armor type. Play as we want.