The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVPers that kill people questing in towns

• Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    One time i met a friend from a different faction and we did the quest for the town together we litteraly rode next to each other and did the quest and he helped clear out the mobs so we could turn the quest in, I don't know who he is but your the MVP
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    Guys, we all know that bounty "kill enemy X" grants a anniversary box. So we are actually questing too! On your bodies

Hence my being grumpy for paying to provide you guys with content. :p

Also why unless ZMax in their "wisdom" is the party I'm really grumpy with. PvP in a PvP zone is as it should be but sending achievement PvEers in there...feh!

I’ve already explained why it’s in ZOS’s best interests to get players engaged in ALL the awesome content the game has to offer. I NEVER used to PVP in MMOs. I first started in LOTRO because there was a horse I wanted that could only be acquired through PVP. I was reluctant at first, as I wasn’t used to dying (thanks to the faceroll-easy PVE content). Then, once I got over the initial shock of dying and getting ganked by wargs, I discovered that I REALLY enjoyed it. When PVE got incredibly stagnant, I went over to PVP exclusively. Turbine got a whole extra YEAR of subscription money out of me simply because they got me into PVP with one freaking horse. I had a lot of fun in that year too, so it was a win for both parties.

You may never come to enjoy PVP, but don’t bash ZOS for trying to interest you in all aspects of the game. Whether you like it or not, Cyrodiil is a huge part of the ESO experience for many players.

Goodness.

I happen to disagree, as you may have noticed. I also retain the right to be grumpy (which in my book, in no way equates "bashing", ease up a bit on the hyperbole, 'k?).

I'm also glad that Cyro is a "huge part" for many players and, if you've been following along, I SUPPORT having Cyro and AGREE that it needs refreshed or more content. I just don't think that SOME of the PvE content (achievements which heretofore had nothing to do with PvP) should be in a PvP zone.

So, could you please disengage your teeth from my backside? Thanks. :)

If you don’t enjoy it, why do it? For a video game “achievement”? In a game, the rules are simple: do what’s fun. That’s the entire point, after all. So perhaps you enjoy the easy loot box farming Cyrodil has to offer, but that in no way lessens the enjoyment some players have in killing you while you do it.

Therein lies the trade off. You can rack up faster loot boxes, exponentially, by doing Cyrodil daily’s. But, you may be prey to those who find easy pickens. Simplest solution? Take this opportunity to learn PvP. At the very least, especially with the event being extended a week, gear yourself out appropriately before going in. Without you first doing your due diligence, your “grumpiness” has no bite (except the one on your “backside”)

And....enough with the “old grandmother” routine. Goodness grumpiness!
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My group saw a solo quester while heading to a delve for the ap bonus. Solo guy did the pray/beg emoje on his knees. Pretty much had to let him go on that one.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go about doing my quests not attacking anyone. If someone attacks me i show with blocks and defensive measures that im unintrested in fighting. If the attacker persists i have to kill him. Bugs needs to be smashed otherwise im a peaceful guy.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're not attacking there with the purpose of taking cropsford. They're spending up to 20 minutes at a time camping in that building or even the firetower for the sole purpose of blowing up people trying to do the quests in a campaign that's not for serious PVP and hoping a zerg fails to clean them out.

someone got killed in a pvp zone. whined on forums.
    is that double the win?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For literally every single day since this event started, there has been a big group of AD fighting their way into the questgiver house or tower in cropsford and then camping it in Sotha Sil Xbox NA at all hours. Tell me again how this isn't scummy in every single way? What could a group of 12+ people accomplish literally everywhere else on the map, but they're choosing to do this instead? They're just scumbags, no other answer is acceptable.

Cropsford has flags and by defending it they are keeping EP from rezzing there and attacking their keeps. Also Cropsford is a staging point for attacks on Alessia, Drakelowe, Sejanus, and the AD back field. So you want it to be in your faction's hands. Its not a keep or a resource, but its a fairly strategic location and you do get defensive ticks.

That's the answer of a PVPer who reads the map. Now, the answer of a desperate PVE quester might be entirely different.

Of course, if you ask me about Chorrol or Cheydinhal, I'll shrug and say "Its a PVP zone. Prepare for PVP," so its not always about the map reading and strategy. But in the case of Cropsford, there's a solid strategic reason to camp it and defend it.

But of course, you've already deemed this answer unacceptable.

They're not attacking there with the purpose of taking cropsford. They're spending up to 20 minutes at a time camping in that building or even the firetower for the sole purpose of blowing up people trying to do the quests in a campaign that's not for serious PVP and hoping a zerg fails to clean them out.

You asked. I gave a PVPer's reason for why a group of 12 might choose to defend a strategic location against hordes of enemy questers.

And as I expected, you found that answer unacceptable.

Lol dude, as a PvPer you must know your answer is full of ***. In fact if you don’t know that groups like that are jsut griefing then I doubt your claims that you PvP because clearly you don’t know PvPers very well.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it is not even as bad as people make out, every day, every char I've brought, I can finish most all dailies in Cyro, sometimes it gets too hairy, and I just swap campaigns and carry on. You die sometimes - but meh so what?

Not being a whiner/quitter gets you much further than the contrary. Have some perseverance.
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    I am now ganking players in full worm cult set. Just to anoy them:
    worm1.png
    worm2.png
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    For literally every single day since this event started, there has been a big group of AD fighting their way into the questgiver house or tower in cropsford and then camping it in Sotha Sil Xbox NA at all hours. Tell me again how this isn't scummy in every single way? What could a group of 12+ people accomplish literally everywhere else on the map, but they're choosing to do this instead? They're just scumbags, no other answer is acceptable.

Cropsford has flags and by defending it they are keeping EP from rezzing there and attacking their keeps. Also Cropsford is a staging point for attacks on Alessia, Drakelowe, Sejanus, and the AD back field. So you want it to be in your faction's hands. Its not a keep or a resource, but its a fairly strategic location and you do get defensive ticks.

That's the answer of a PVPer who reads the map. Now, the answer of a desperate PVE quester might be entirely different.

Of course, if you ask me about Chorrol or Cheydinhal, I'll shrug and say "Its a PVP zone. Prepare for PVP," so its not always about the map reading and strategy. But in the case of Cropsford, there's a solid strategic reason to camp it and defend it.

You asked. I gave a PVPer's reason for why a group of 12 might choose to defend a strategic location against hordes of enemy questers.

Lol dude, as a PvPer you must know your answer is full of ***. In fact if you don’t know that groups like that are jsut griefing then I doubt your claims that you PvP because clearly you don’t know PvPers very well.

He asked why a group of 12 PVPers might be camping Cropsford.

I answered with a reason why 12 PVPers interested in PVP might be camping a PVP objective. Flags, D ticks, AP, protection of a respawn point, etc.

Now, I happen to agree with you that they were probably griefing.

Its like asking "Why is half a DC raid camping Arrius Lumbermill?

Saying "Because they want the point for the resource" is an accurate answer. technically correct, the best form of correct. But we both know its not the full picture. They're farming players there. Likewise, Cropsford is a defensible and strategic location in PVP, but also a hotbed for griefers right now. Both are correct and accurate, but the OP will only accept the griefing explanation and apparently, so will you.

And since you can't express that without insults, I think we're done here.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the past few years I've been seeing experienced PVE players doing trials and quest dungeons and dailies and refusing to share the experience with fulltime pvp players who try to play that part of the game in our full impen, pvp burst builds while we're only there to be carried for the phat lootz that ZOS makes us need to incorporate into said pvp builds.

It's such a bad look, and I get why some people complain about the PVE experience and don't even want to try it.

I've been talking to some pvpers who politely asked that wanted to join a trials run (because they obviously stood no chance on their own). They were met with responses full of swears, insults, and general unpleasantness so they just left and went back to PVP. It's embarrassing.

/sarcasm off.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a player is good at PvP he'll probably be good at PvE too, since he already has the quick reaction times needed to avoid mechanics and pull a decent rotation. Most of the people I know and are good players are good at both.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no issue really, it's easy ap earned. I go in with a full PvP setup prepared to do the quests. It's fun pushing a bunch of campers out of a town and they usually run away if they meet an actual competent player. My only issue is when they hide inside the door in the chapel in Bruma. Nothing like being dead when you spawn into the building. But that's just taking advantage of the way the game ports you into an area before you can actually do anything.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    There's no issue really, it's easy ap earned. I go in with a full PvP setup prepared to do the quests. It's fun pushing a bunch of campers out of a town and they usually run away if they meet an actual competent player. My only issue is when they hide inside the door in the chapel in Bruma. Nothing like being dead when you spawn into the building. But that's just taking advantage of the way the game ports you into an area before you can actually do anything.

That's the main thing I'm running into throughout the entire event. AD and DC each taking turns camping the bruma and cropsford buildings in Sotha Sil Xbox NA. Instead of doing something more productive with their time, 8+ people are sitting there griefing questers.
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »

That's the main thing I'm running into throughout the entire event. AD and DC each taking turns camping the bruma and cropsford buildings in Sotha Sil Xbox NA. Instead of doing something more productive with their time, 8+ people are sitting there griefing questers.

I see nothing wrong with that. If you see a area that is camped, you still have 4 other towns you can quest in. If its a last town, its better just to leave it and do some other quests that are not in pvp zone (morrowind ones are pretty fast).

This happened today on Eu server when a quest bugged for everyone:
    buggedstuiff1111.png

I generaly would kill in any situation, but when there is a quest bug, there is a exception and i leave people alone.
    Gankers honor. No not all of us are total jerks. Unless you wisper us to leave you alone :* You ruin our immersion.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sorry Hun, been utterly 6v1 rekt on my lowbie - but it's pvp area at he end of the day and the quests are so fast and easy, that's why you get so much ap/xp and even gold per hand in; the trade is the risk of getting rekt. I levelled my first char to vet 10 in the towns, so I might have a thicker skin because of that - but just do your thang...still better than the other quests other than writs, for speed.
    Edited by Mureel on April 20, 2018 4:24PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Funny that you say there's no ap in it

Did 3 full towns and some of bruma and chorrol yesterday with my wife and we both got 60k ap from killing players. We weren't camping, just killing them when we saw them

So yeah, if you're questing in Cyro like we are, be prepared to fight, cause we're coming for that juicy AP

Don't say juicy ap - so gross! Lol! i bet you also say sweet spot and money shot in regular conversation xD

(Kidding so don't have appendicitis over it xD)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite though is when some wannabe ganker tries that 'shing shing' crap from stealth and always die to my hand, unless they stealth away and I don't chase because pffft. I still don't even know what makes that sound because I don't play a stamblade and have not yet died to that bs.

Don't get me wrong - I've died a LOT but never yet to someone doing whatever makes that sound.

Maybe try a new thing rather than the same thing 4 times.

Or maybe be actually a good player before you try that on xD
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

He asked why a group of 12 PVPers might be camping Cropsford.

I answered with a reason why 12 PVPers interested in PVP might be camping a PVP objective. Flags, D ticks, AP, protection of a respawn point, etc.

Now, I happen to agree with you that they were probably griefing.

Its like asking "Why is half a DC raid camping Arrius Lumbermill?

Saying "Because they want the point for the resource" is an accurate answer. technically correct, the best form of correct. But we both know its not the full picture. They're farming players there. Likewise, Cropsford is a defensible and strategic location in PVP, but also a hotbed for griefers right now. Both are correct and accurate, but the OP will only accept the griefing explanation and apparently, so will you.

And since you can't express that without insults, I think we're done here.
    There's a clear difference between camping a strategic location and camping a strategic location at the exact spot a questgiver is located at.

...unless the enemy faction is planning to also strategically turn in the quest at the same time and the intel found its way to the enemy.

It's pretty obvious when it's one vs the other.

It's equally clear that one or four people riding up to turn in a quest will usually not be considered a threat to 12 other people lingering nearby. If they are, by rep or by pure unmitigated badassery, it won't much matter if the 12 is stealthed, and the 1-4 won't have concern of dying near the questgiver.

It's usually pretty evident when someone intends to engage. If they don't, even if they spot you, they'll wait, give a sign of some kind (block, emote), or just flat out give a wide berth. It's also why "non-combatents" will head for the side quest areas, not so much the ones more likely to be in the line of fire.

At the end of the day, it's truly up to player/group discretion. Most will be unconcerned at non-threats, much as they would be unconcerned at a skeever nipping at their heals.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this surprising? It's a pvp zone and questers are easy kills. A kill is a kill and every kill is a boost for them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    If a player is good at PvP he'll probably be good at PvE too, since he already has the quick reaction times needed to avoid mechanics and pull a decent rotation. Most of the people I know and are good players are good at both.

Not always true.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    you can call them pvp , plastic vegas players out for a good time at least risk . used to love this in eve be in a corp a and get greifed , so much fun when you learn to kill them , the tears omg them tears .

would say simply get many players to return the favour be bait for them . revenge is sweet as they say then they be worried of allways being ganked .

in fact i come and help gank the gankers
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish you could just switch to a PvE version or something for Cyrodiil. I'm sick of minding my own business getting lorebooks and doing the quests in Cyrodiil just to get jumped by people. Either make PvP unrelated to PvE content (skyshards, lorebooks, exploration achievements) or let me have the option to turn off being able to attack or be attacked by other players.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it either, the best way to do those quest is to wait till your side is winning.
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen