The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.0

• Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DELETE THIS SET PLEASE!

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

Also where the hell is a stam whip for stam dks?

This set is so cringe - it makes me weep just reading it. stack it with shield breaker and you got some BS right there.
  • jdroebuckb16_ESO
    jdroebuckb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just read natch potes and all the comments.So far I have seen one of every class; stam or mag complain and say they are being nerfed. Theory crafting is all well and good but I have seen so many swings in BIS and FOTM setups since beta that I would recommend people chill out, enjoy and go learn new stuff.

"Home is where the heart is but the stars are made of platinum"
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Retreating Maneuver Rank IV is causing players to be dismounted. This annoying bug needs to be resolved as quickly as possible, especially if any meaningful Cyrodiil testing is desired.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Why, why is magdk getting snare removal?!

Magdk a very strong pvp class gets several powerful buffs and now is the only magicka class to have acess to snare removal! What happened to the "protect your house approach to dk"?

And magblades, always one of the underdogs in pvp, are getting their spammable nerfed into uselessness (go force pulse now) and don't get snare removal even though they sorely need it!

Tell me which magicka class does not need Snare removal?

@Maulkin The answer to your question is Magplar. Extended Ritual removes snares. The same would apply to magden with the Blue Betty.

My response to this is the same as your username.

It totally does though.

The snare is a negative effect, and Extended Ritual will remove it, provided you don't have more than 5 negative effects on you.

Blue Betty also removes snares, but it takes an eternity of spamming.

Not totally.

There have been many a times I have hit Extended Ritual and still have had debuffs. Consider a single poison injection attack can put 4 on me (siphoner, poisoned, ability DoT, various enchant/alchemical poison(s)) and even more if the attacker is wearing a proc set of some sort. If I'm being 1vXed, when I need snare removal, I'm going to have a lot more than 5 debuffs active and thus not totally.

And let's not even discuss the poor sucker who picked the Retribution morph.

In general, we *all* need snare relief and we'll just have to see if ZoS's adjustments have made a difference.

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed.
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭
    Everything looks alright, VERY excited for having more options when it comes to skills and morphs.

I'm a bit concerned about a few things though:
    1. Why is there no major buff to MagWardens? Will they be buffed in a later patch? They are... not in a good state right now when it comes to PvE at least (I don't have much PvP experience)
    2. Why are 2h weapons being nerfed twice, both with Heavy attack damage AND Light attack damage? I really wish 2h would be good in PvE...
  • BlackStar300
    BlackStar300
    ✭✭
    So it looks like Maelstrom/Asylum/Master weapons aren't getting a buff. This is nice. I understand the frustration of those wanting these to be godly, but when 1% of this stuff is locked (even paid because some ppl don't have money for the carries) it really makes it nice to others able to use other means.

Least that is what I read from that bit about the weapons. We will see if ZOS caves in and buffs...them... -_-

Also, amen to that CP300 DLC dungeon cap. That SS info was great, but these are my 2 take away points from the whole notes!

It is not about being "godly" without a buff most of these weapons are WORSE than an additional 4 and 5 piece bonus. Which means these weapons which were hard to get are going in the bank for the time being.

And your point being? I've done vMA and vDSA, but until they give ppl a guaranteed item choice for those its stupid. Especially vMA and yes I know many were upset that you grinded out your traits and now can change them, but when you look at how many ppl can complete this content a good majority fail and some can't do it and the veteran dungeons they put out ever since HotR ups the difficulty tons.

Ppl need others ways of being viable than buying carries for ridiculous amounts of money with no guarantee drop etc. Yes, we have normal dungeons, but anyone who does normal even if you're only doing like 20k DPS or even 15k is that they are super easy.

Having jewelry being crafted allows players to get gold now without the hassle of vet trials per se so I say this is a step in making the player base not so divided. I'm just hoping ZOS doesn't falter and buff these things up otherwise what's the point in trying to make ppl run 5/5/2 if these weapons are going to overshadow them still...
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTF? There's a new Crafting Style 64 - Pyandonean available per chapter inside the new Crown Crates. I sure hope this motif can be obtained in the game besides relying on the horrific Crown Crate RNG to acquirer all 14 chapters.

Template characters do not know this new motif, nor do they know the new Tsaesci motif, either.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 17, 2018 12:02AM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magdk a very strong pvp class gets several powerful buffs and now is the only magicka class to have acess to snare removal! What happened to the "protect your house approach to dk"?

And magblades, always one of the underdogs in pvp, are getting their spammable nerfed into uselessness (go force pulse now) and don't get snare removal even though they sorely need it!

@Maulkin The answer to your question is Magplar. Extended Ritual removes snares. The same would apply to magden with the Blue Betty.

It totally does though.

The snare is a negative effect, and Extended Ritual will remove it, provided you don't have more than 5 negative effects on you.

Not totally.

There have been many a times I have hit Extended Ritual and still have had debuffs. Consider a single poison injection attack can put 4 on me (siphoner, poisoned, ability DoT, various enchant/alchemical poison(s)) and even more if the attacker is wearing a proc set of some sort. If I'm being 1vXed, when I need snare removal, I'm going to have a lot more than 5 debuffs active and thus not totally.

In general, we *all* need snare relief and we'll just have to see if ZoS's adjustments have made a difference.

No this isn't true.

5 harmful effects being removed is plenty. No class needs both that, and an instant "remove any snares" ability. When it comes to cleanses, magplars are on top by miles.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It totally does though.

Not totally.

No this isn't true.

5 harmful effects being removed is plenty. No class needs both that, and an instant "remove any snares" ability. When it comes to cleanses, magplars are on top by miles.

It is true. You just find it fine that Templars and Wardens get screwed by snares
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will consoles get any benefit from the new multi-core support, or will that be limited to only PCs?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like Maelstrom/Asylum/Master weapons aren't getting a buff. This is nice. I understand the frustration of those wanting these to be godly, but when 1% of this stuff is locked (even paid because some ppl don't have money for the carries) it really makes it nice to others able to use other means.

Least that is what I read from that bit about the weapons. We will see if ZOS caves in and buffs...them... -_-

Also, amen to that CP300 DLC dungeon cap. That SS info was great, but these are my 2 take away points from the whole notes!

It is not about being "godly" without a buff most of these weapons are WORSE than an additional 4 and 5 piece bonus. Which means these weapons which were hard to get are going in the bank for the time being.

And your point being? I've done vMA and vDSA, but until they give ppl a guaranteed item choice for those its stupid. Especially vMA and yes I know many were upset that you grinded out your traits and now can change them, but when you look at how many ppl can complete this content a good majority fail and some can't do it and the veteran dungeons they put out ever since HotR ups the difficulty tons.

Ppl need others ways of being viable than buying carries for ridiculous amounts of money with no guarantee drop etc. Yes, we have normal dungeons, but anyone who does normal even if you're only doing like 20k DPS or even 15k is that they are super easy.

Having jewelry being crafted allows players to get gold now without the hassle of vet trials per se so I say this is a step in making the player base not so divided. I'm just hoping ZOS doesn't falter and buff these things up otherwise what's the point in trying to make ppl run 5/5/2 if these weapons are going to overshadow them still...

The most difficult weapons in the game to get should be bis. You say people need options other than buying carries, Why can't they just just complete the content? Plenty of us have ran the content and gotten the drops. It's do-able. You make the weapons BiS so people have an excuse to run difficult content. If I can get better results with 5-5-2 and all set gear, What is the incentive to re-run content like dragonstar? Or trying to get perfected asylum weapons?
    Edited by Apache_Kid on April 17, 2018 4:08AM
  • BlackStar300
    BlackStar300
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

The most difficult weapons in the game to get should be His. You say people need options other than buying carries, Why can't they just just complete the content? Plenty of us have ran the content and gotten the drops. It's do-able. You make the weapons BiS so people have an excuse to run difficult content. If I can get better results with 5-5-2 and all set gear, What is the incentive to re-run content like dragonstar? Or trying to get perfected asylum weapons?

Content should be difficult and content should be challenging and I don't disagree with them having the weapons, but the content they are locked behind can realistically be said that a VERY select amount can obtain them by their own means. Joining VERY judgmental trial guilds and doing things their way is almost a chore in itself (I speak for myself and others I talk to on PS4) and they feel the same. These guilds are not worth trifling with.

Why can't everyone do the content if you can? Well, I'll tell ya. Not everyone can... You know how?
    I can definitely work, but me being a millionaire working retail is just not gonna happen, but it doesn't mean being a millionaire can't be obtained now can it? Or we can move to sports. I can be a sports athlete, but not good enough to make nationals/regional teams. Catch my drift?

This is just one example, but just because you can and so can many others doesn't mean that EVERYBODY can. This is the most flawed logic ever. Unless you want this game to be nothing, but OP elitists then that is the direction you want this to be with them making a 2nd vMA as I hear ppl talk about + wanting more end game content. There needs to be a balance for those unable to achieve the tops.

You know what you guys who strive for top position get? Leaderboard rankings and skins and money (since you can sell those or not -- up to your guild etc). This is a classic example of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer...
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PvP stam DK is a healer now. AWESOME.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Please don't increase the cost of any abilities. lower them. people don't need another reason to zerg in pvp and in pve heavy attacks for sustain is boring.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 17, 2018 12:38AM
    Invictus
  • ziggr
    ziggr
    ✭✭✭
    Will we get Jewelry crafting materials in a template character box later in the test schedule?

I'd love to start exercising both daily and master Jewelry writs, but not if I have to first spend a day farming materials.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are no Jewelry Crafting stations at the base camps in Cyrodiil (Souther Gate for EP) or the Imperial City. These stations should be added to both Cyrodiil and the Imperial City.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darrett wrote: »
    I haven’t played in about 3.5 years, just jumping back in. Is the intention generally to keep going down the path of a strong line between Magicka and Stamina builds, rather than allowing for viable hybrid setups? Compared to release, there definitely is less room for hybrid utility now, and these notes seem to read like that’s the intention in how they’re worded and the changes made.

As an example, my initial build coming up to the VR grind was Magicka based but provided good weapon damage and had several usable 2H skills in the bar. Utilizing both pools made it pretty effective, and it worked fine as a split-spec. Doesn’t seem like that’s viable anymore, and these notes seem to indicate that’s by design (too many varied builds leads to balance issues I suppose).

Yes. That's how it works now. Pay no attention to the large fraction of new sets that have both max spell damage and max stamina stats; those benefits are just there to confuse us.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So sorcs got all buffs. Thank goodness... they were
    ak_pvp wrote: »

@Ectheliontnacil MagDK was one of the worst classes for openworld, and has the worst class defense. Their defense, wings, is the worst in the game, and believe it or not, their tankiness was too. The passives worked out as less than minor protection. (technically 1.5%.more, but 5% of it is blocking only, which has is now unsustainable, and the other 4.5% is spell only) maim was the best tool, but melee and open to others. Igneous got crystal blasted, so it's worse on both overall, not worth using on mag at all. 6s+bigger shield now 4.5s and smaller.

The snare removal is useless, since it doesn't grant immunity. With a dot or AoE you will be snared straight away again. Mist is better. The heal changes do nothing for PVP (though I may try cinder storm, a small range AoE heal over time isn't worth running ow.) The shattering rocks change seems eh at face value. The sustain changes will be good definitely, free 250 regeneration isn't anything to turn down. But RNG is annoying, and useless against shield users, and other dunmer.

MagNB was one of the best classes openworld and the best mag class. Cloak, shade, high damage etc. The nerf to strife was undeserved though.

@ak_pvp How is it 250 regen? I thought it was 250/500 magicka over 5 seconds. Isn't that 100 regen per second at tier two?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭
    vzJfr6O.jpg
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The stone floor just inside the Gatehouse Door in keeps is causing players to dismount if they ride up to the Gatehouse Door. This occurs regardless if the player is entering or exiting the keep while on horseback. This is happening to my EP character at both Chalman and Drakelowe.
  • ujimax
    ujimax
    ✭✭
    Developer Comments:
    Spoiler
    The main goal for these systems was to be more forgiving and allow more movement in the battlefield, without feeling like you have to magnetize yourself to a keep or resource after you've taken it over. It's meant to reinforce clearing the area and moving to your next target without regret of loss.
    Very poetic!

Overal excited about balancing changes and update, but it feels like there's more coming after launch.

Curious why there is no nerf to bleed dots?
    It's clearly over-performing in the current meta of "hey lets make a group of lumberjacks and slice ppls heads in while wearing heavy armour, splashing and trolling away..."
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the combat changes to monsters:

"Monsters & NPCs:

Monsters are no longer vulnerable to elements.

Monsters are no longer resistant to elements."

Does this affect spell / physical penetration?
    How does (should) this affect crowd control in overland and delves?

On the subject of spell / physical penetration, are there any values that have been changed or adjusted?

Respectfully,
    Malkorga
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may already have been asked, but... where are all the QoL improvements we were "promised"? In one of the next PTS updates, I hope.

Come on, please show us console peasants some love finally!?

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • ZarosA
    ZarosA
    ✭✭
    Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2700 Magicka from 1891 Magicka.

I don't even play magicka Nb and I feel physically disgusted after reading that.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malkorga wrote: »

"Monsters & NPCs:

On the subject of spell / physical penetration, are there any values that have been changed or adjusted?

Respectfully,
    Malkorga

This "Disintegration" that no longer affects monsters -- is it the sorcerer disintegration, or something else?
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand the undedog but doesnt magbalde have 2 spammable?
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a lot of writing, for one PTS. If I was to write this long, in a very short deadline. I'll have to use, "Dragon Natural Speaking Software" or else I won't even last. I wish I was good at typing. "Mavis Beacon typing" hasn't helped me much. This is really awesome stuff also. :)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkorga wrote: »

"Monsters & NPCs:

Respectfully,
    Malkorga

This "Disintegration" that no longer affects monsters -- is it the sorcerer disintegration, or something else?

Disinitegration is what occurs, when you apply concussion to a shock weak enemy, for example a daedroth or banekin.
    Explosion is what happens when you apply burning to a fire weak enemy, like flesh atronachs, zombies, most animals.
    Deep Freeze is what happens when you chill an enemy, I can only think of spider daedra here.

All of this no longer exists now. And stuns caused by those effects also no longer exist. However, this is also a damage buff vs some enemies. For example spider daedra, who we can set off balance now and twilights, who were immune too all elements.
    It's a buff and a nerf for destruction staves at the same times. Overall, just the next step to streamlining everything.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking over the notes. As always, some good, some "What the hell are they thinking?" in there.

Then I came across this, buried amongst the changes, perhaps the single most gloriously wonderful piece of minutia in the notes:
    • Attacking or killing a critter no longer takes you into combat.

Praise be to ZOS!!!!!!!!!

How can you attack a critter without killing it? lol