The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.0

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Millz wrote: »
    that new crafted set.... i already see problems with it, 4000 health every 2 seconds you dodge an attack? weow

Use 3 swift jewellry, be an orc, use minor expedition, use 7 medium armor pieces, now take the chaos ball, Dodge with your bow, and dodge again and again arround the battleground map with the chaos ball.

Noone will play chaos ball now you can choose your game mode anyway. Death match all day baby.

Unfortunately I'll be playing chaosball still to get the achievements on my main. Hopefully I'm not the only one in the queue lol
    Edited by Apache_Kid on April 16, 2018 9:22PM
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2700 Magicka from 1891 Magicka.

hello force pulse my old friend

tbh i'm really waiting for the nerfs to whip, so every magicka-build can use force pulse for best results. I guess ZOS will then call it diversity or balance or whatever...

You can try and be witty about it but the reality is it has nothing to do with dps. Strife for its cost was under budgeted. Pulse and strife are both 28 meter ranged casts, one deals more damage, unreflectable benefits from the destro penetration passive, and the other hits for less, heals, and benefits from all the siphoning passives.

Your snide remark for whip getting nerfed is baseless.

Is it really baseless? strife and whip where the only 2 class spammables which were competitive in terms of pve-dps, now it's only whip...think about that.

Force pulse was always the better option for the best possible dps output over strife for magblades. Whip is a melee ability and thus is not weighted under the same scale as a 28 meter ranged instant cast magicka ability. Them being class skills is entirely irrelevant since class abilities are not weighted any differently than universally available skills are.

Do you want the advatange of more damage of the base skill on top of added damage for slotting pulse (on fire destro) or do you want a weaker hitting alternative thst nets you ultimate bonus generation, increased overall healing just for slotting it, and the heal for yourself and potentially others? Take you pick, there is nothing to "think about"....

Tell that to magplars who want to use sweeps or dark flare. Both of them are worse than forcepulse and will be even worse in next patch. And both of them have disadvantages when used compared to forcepulse: both channeled (hinders movement, no blockcasting) and sweeps is meelee.

But thats on you for lumping 2 separate issues into one. Strife being nerfed has nothing to do with reducing diversity or homogenizing magicka dps builds. It was entriely about strife for its budget was rather generous and has been put in line with skills that are anagolous to it.

Melee magicka spammables, channels and hard casts underperforming is an entirely seperate discussion.

lol...magblades will switch from strife to forcepulse...and this dosn't reduce diversity? Really?

Strife was never a contender for dps man.... zos is telling you now that the choice you have to make is wether you want less damage more utiltiy, or more damage less utility. Resouece consideration is out of the equation now.

Nbs using strife on live are doing so becuase the less damage was worth the resource hit. That will no longer be the case, the diversity now lies in the choice you have to make between the 2 different offerings. It does not revolve around how many different ways can we make x y and z all do the same dps.

You want to deal the most damage for a magicka spammable at 28m? Pulse fills that niche. Its that simple.
    Options
  • Swen_von_Walhallion
    much ty for kill stamplar, they have only one unique skill which was helpful for trials, and you now put this on common set. I se no 0 reasons get stamplar to trial, bc all other classes offer much more then templar :(
    Adraria Argentum Draco - imperial Stamplar
    Bevdyen Tus Ntxhuav - Orc Stamplar
    Celestun Ira Dei- Imperial Tankplar
    Halldis Rautt Höfuð- Nord Tankplar
    Misawa Yoshike - Breton Healplar
    Lae'ozhael - Dunmer Magplar
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that ritual cost.
    Options
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    So no attempt at making the warden a viable dps?
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jorvuld’s Guidance: Fixed an issue where this item set’s bonus was not increasing the duration of Major Slayer or Major Aegis.

This is cool. It's too bad it doesn't work with other things like minor force >.>
    Edited by Tasear on April 16, 2018 9:38PM
    Options
  • Jtj87
    Jtj87
    ✭✭✭
    Out of all that stuff and the most exciting part of the notes to me is the Performance section. I hope it helps.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler So which ballista is for anti siege? Regular or fire? Is fire for anti siege and normal for keeps still?
    Options
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    So stam dk got nothing for pvp. Super cool. /s
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    DELETE THIS SET PLEASE!

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

Also where the hell is a stam whip for stam dks?
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on April 16, 2018 9:54PM
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2700 Magicka from 1891 Magicka.

hello force pulse my old friend

tbh i'm really waiting for the nerfs to whip, so every magicka-build can use force pulse for best results. I guess ZOS will then call it diversity or balance or whatever...

You can try and be witty about it but the reality is it has nothing to do with dps. Strife for its cost was under budgeted. Pulse and strife are both 28 meter ranged casts, one deals more damage, unreflectable benefits from the destro penetration passive, and the other hits for less, heals, and benefits from all the siphoning passives.

Your snide remark for whip getting nerfed is baseless.

Is it really baseless? strife and whip where the only 2 class spammables which were competitive in terms of pve-dps, now it's only whip...think about that.

Force pulse was always the better option for the best possible dps output over strife for magblades. Whip is a melee ability and thus is not weighted under the same scale as a 28 meter ranged instant cast magicka ability. Them being class skills is entirely irrelevant since class abilities are not weighted any differently than universally available skills are.

Do you want the advatange of more damage of the base skill on top of added damage for slotting pulse (on fire destro) or do you want a weaker hitting alternative thst nets you ultimate bonus generation, increased overall healing just for slotting it, and the heal for yourself and potentially others? Take you pick, there is nothing to "think about"....

Tell that to magplars who want to use sweeps or dark flare. Both of them are worse than forcepulse and will be even worse in next patch. And both of them have disadvantages when used compared to forcepulse: both channeled (hinders movement, no blockcasting) and sweeps is meelee.

But thats on you for lumping 2 separate issues into one. Strife being nerfed has nothing to do with reducing diversity or homogenizing magicka dps builds. It was entriely about strife for its budget was rather generous and has been put in line with skills that are anagolous to it.

Melee magicka spammables, channels and hard casts underperforming is an entirely seperate discussion.

lol...magblades will switch from strife to forcepulse...and this dosn't reduce diversity? Really?

Strife was never a contender for dps man.... zos is telling you now that the choice you have to make is wether you want less damage more utiltiy, or more damage less utility. Resouece consideration is out of the equation now.

Nbs using strife on live are doing so becuase the less damage was worth the resource hit. That will no longer be the case, the diversity now lies in the choice you have to make between the 2 different offerings. It does not revolve around how many different ways can we make x y and z all do the same dps.

You want to deal the most damage for a magicka spammable at 28m? Pulse fills that niche. Its that simple.

You're not really telling me anything new, tbh. I'm just saying, this will decrease diversity for magicka-DPS...and i don't think this is a good thing...but anyway...i don't really care anymore. Just expected a lot more from this patch.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Why, why is magdk getting snare removal?!

Magdk a very strong pvp class gets several powerful buffs and now is the only magicka class to have acess to snare removal! What happened to the "protect your house approach to dk"?

And magblades, always one of the underdogs in pvp, are getting their spammable nerfed into uselessness (go force pulse now) and don't get snare removal even though they sorely need it!

Tell me which magicka class does not need Snare removal?

@Maulkin The answer to your question is Magplar. Extended Ritual removes snares. The same would apply to magden with the Blue Betty.

My response to this is the same as your username.

Options
  • Jaguar_SF
    Jaguar_SF
    ✭✭✭
    So everything still the same, PvP still not rewarding. Cyrodiil still same old boring big map.
    Options
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that ritual cost.

They had to do something to guarantee no one would use it still.
    Options
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    I guess i have to re-craft my weapons now :/

Was hoping to go with Hounding rage + Night Mother’s Gaze ...but since crit is usless in pvp, i have to figure out something else.

I guess i will have to try Medium - Arms of Relequen:

2 – 833 Weapon Critical
    3 – 129 Stamina Recovery
    4 – 833 Weapon Critical
    5 – After landing a Critical Light or Heavy Attack on an Enemy, you have a 15% chance to curse them with harmful winds, dealing 1358 Physical Damage to them and nearby enemies every 1 second for 5 seconds.
    Options
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, you went ahead with the strife nerf??

Urgh

Well, destro PvP nightblades I suppose we'll have to shove on lich to sustain like every other class now...

Seriously though I really think it was an unnecessary nerf, if the skill is over performing in pve just reduce the damage it does to dungeon and trial monsters by like 5% or something, a cost increase is just bottlenecking people into using force pulse

Options
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no changes for medium armor?? I'm slightly disappointed. . .
    Perhaps we can add our weapon/spell damage back to our master, maelstrom, and asylum sets to make them worthwhile again?
    Edited by Shinshadow on April 16, 2018 10:39PM
    Options
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Hayhurst wrote: »
    Light Attacks with One Hand and Shield, Dual Wield, Bow, Destruction Staff, and Restoration Staff weapons will deal more damage.
    Light Attacks with Two Handed weapons will deal less damage.
    Heavy Attacks with Destruction Staff and Restoration Staff weapons will deal more damage.
    Heavy Attacks with Two Handed, One Hand and Shield, Dual Wield, and Bow weapons will deal less damage.

Nerf to both light and heavy attack damage for two handed?
    I wouldn't say that's reinforcing the concept that Light Attacks are for dealing damage and Heavy Attacks are for restoring resources.

Typo or what?

Also curious about whether this is a typo. Both light and heavy attacks now deal less damage for 2H weapons? Huh?

But then they deal more damage as they now take into account your max stam or mag, it's so confusing
    Options
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funguy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I think you forgot about Silver Bolt (Fighters Guild). There are were rumors it now works as DKs chains.

@funguy, I made that suggestion. I think @Alcast accidentally marked that down as a change in his notes.

Silver Bolt actually changed in the game.
    Everything is viable
    Options
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
    Options
  • oshaugm
    oshaugm
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What is an Abyssal Pool? It's mentioned under New Motifs as an activity which can potentially reward a Psyiic Motif chapter, but I can't seem to find a description of it in the notes.

Also, still thinking through everything I've read but I am very excited about Summerset. Kudos to you all and see you on PTS!
    Options
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the same vein that snare abilities should either be short and powerful or long and weak, abilities should be low damage and CC, or high damage and no CC."
    Dizzying swing says hello.
    Edited by itscompton on April 16, 2018 11:05PM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I think you forgot about Silver Bolt (Fighters Guild). There are were rumors it now works as DKs chains.

@funguy, I made that suggestion. I think @Alcast accidentally marked that down as a change in his notes.

The rumor was that the Leash morph would function as a pull.
    Options
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »

The rumor was that the Leash morph would function as a pull.

Meh, my fault. Silver Leash, of course. Bolt and Shards have not changed.
    Edited by Ladislao on April 16, 2018 11:10PM
    Everything is viable
    Options
  • Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom No mention on the names of the new Character titles from Cloudrest?
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Why, why is magdk getting snare removal?!

Magdk a very strong pvp class gets several powerful buffs and now is the only magicka class to have acess to snare removal! What happened to the "protect your house approach to dk"?

And magblades, always one of the underdogs in pvp, are getting their spammable nerfed into uselessness (go force pulse now) and don't get snare removal even though they sorely need it!

Tell me which magicka class does not need Snare removal?

@Maulkin The answer to your question is Magplar. Extended Ritual removes snares. The same would apply to magden with the Blue Betty.

My response to this is the same as your username.

It totally does though.

The snare is a negative effect, and Extended Ritual will remove it, provided you don't have more than 5 negative effects on you.

Blue Betty also removes snares, but it takes an eternity of spamming.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man im so annoyed about the removal of mag warden sub CC. Goodbye all decent combo's.

Are we the only mag class/spec now with no hard CC ( apart from north storm )? great.!

(Gripping shards is a no go for 2 reasons - i use the toon for PVE so i need the other morph. and its to small of a range to work playing ranged )

This is just ANOTHER nerf to mag warden !

grrr.
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    much ty for kill stamplar, they have only one unique skill which was helpful for trials, and you now put this on common set. I se no 0 reasons get stamplar to trial, bc all other classes offer much more then templar :(

Yeah, one of our healers applies power of the light at the moment. stamplars are already redundant.
    With luck this will make it more obvious that they need some love.

Personally I'm hoping this is just the first set of changes and there is more to come. Like addressing the 50+ crap sets in the game.
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larsay wrote: »
    I fail to understand the changes to Sunderflame and Nightmothers Gaze. I do understand that from a balance standpoint the move away from unique buffs/de-buffs to a standardized system makes developer life easy...

However, these two sets added a layer of diversity and required optimization for trial groups. Simply put these two sets required a level of team cooperation you just remove with one fell swoop.

Further more, these two sets were really there to balance out the fact that medium armor gets no innate penetration like light armor gets.

All you did with this change is not force all stamina users in trials to want to run Two-Fang Snake, at least until you (ZoS) opt to remove its unique penetration buff as well.

But medium armor gets way more Wpn Damage and more Crit.

By having one debuffer in the raid, apart from the tank, it allowed the other Stam DDs to hit the boss with full penetration despite wearing two damage sets. Thus putting stam DDs' DPS numbers far above what mag DDs could achieve.

Either having to sacrifice one damage set or having to hit with less penetration, the result is the same. Stam DPS will drop and fall more in line with Mag DPS.

@Maulkin Which is a pretty big disadvantage for stam, since the entire justification for bringing them in there is that they pull substantially higher numbers than magicka, because they have to be right up against the boss. If the two become equal in DPS output again, that writes stam out of the end-game and puts us right back to where we were circa Homestead's release.

Rather than talk about mag vs. stam, let's put it this way: Ranged should always do less damage than melee, because melee suffers from massive inherent risks in all trial mechanics that have been designed to date.
    • Melee is at risk for chain lightning in vAA.
    • Melee has to stack closer to the Possessed Mantikora in vSO, and is thus more vulnerable to the insta-death "Popcorn" mechanic.
    • Melee has to stand right behind the Warrior in vHRC, and is thus at risk for eating a one-shot AoE cleave if they don't roll in time when he turns.
    • Melee has to stack close to Zaj'hassa in vMoL and is thus at prime risk for over stacking and being killed during his shield phase.
    • Melee has to get within breathing distance of Positrox and Negatrix in vHoF and is consequently at greater risk of eating the wrong lightning AoE.
    • Melee has to get right up under St. Felms the Bold in vAS, which places them well within his Steel Tornado AoE that will kill ALL OF THEM AT ONCE if he or an add is enraged.

There are many, many, many other examples of the sheer massive risk faced by melee builds, which encompasses all of stamina, and lest we forget, the magplars and magDKs of recent memory. This is why ranged builds, which are mostly magicka, should categorically do substantially less single-target DPS compared to melee builds. The two do not need to be brought "in line" with one another in terms of DPS output, unless the devs are going to go back and redesign the AoE one-shots of every single trial they've ever released. Lower single-target DPS for ranged builds is working as intended under the trials boss mechanics paradigm ZOS has followed to date.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every warden worth their salt would say the class don't need more ulti regen - Magden dose need a usable CC though.
    Options