Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

The crafters complaining about lack of skill points Summerset thread...

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started I got some good advice from a vet player about skill point allocation.
    They told me yes there are enough skill points to do crafting on your main and still be viable but you have to choose carefully and make some choices especially regarding weapon skills.

I'm a NB and only have DW/bow weapon skills maxed out.
    I have respec'd once or twice and don't put points into what I don't use.
    I've done Cadwell's silver/gold and continue to finish up getting skyshards.
    I regularly do pvp to get up in ranks to get more skill points.

Right now I have 16 extra points not assigned. I also have 12 points in crafting research that will free up eventually (4 points next week). And I'm not finished with skyshard hunting.
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm just going to say this.
    To you people that are content to have a single toon have a singular purpose, that's fine, for you.

For people like me that are tired of getting Fake Tanks/Healers in PUGs and just pick up their slack by switching gear/skills to fulfill their role (albeit with a degree of mediocrity) to get thru whatever it is, for the people that LIKE stealing/killing and invest heavily into Legerdemain, TG and DB to get the most out of those passives, for the people that like PvP and use a completely different setup for it, we're really pinched for Skill Points. I mean, even with losing out on unnecessary skills/passives, PvP rank 20 and only 1 dungeon skill point missing (haven't had time to do Scalecaller on my Magblade crafter) I have no skill points left at all.

I use Heavy armor for PvP and Light in PvE, I have Destro, Resto and SnB skill lines unlocked. I have only the bare minimal unlocked in Undaunted (Inner Fire and Energy Orbs + Passives ) I only have the passives that give ultimate in FG unlocked, I use everything other than Balance from the Mages guild. I have every useful passive in crafting (excluding the passive for research since I finished that ages ago and I do have hirlings). I have all passives for Assault and Support unlocked as well as several skills from them (Warhorn, Proxy Det, Purge, Rapids).

The 30 or skill points I'm missing would take monstrous amounts of time to get since the majority are PvP based and while I enjoy PvP, I just don't have that time, especially when I have alts to still work on.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Alright.....

World:
    Legerdemain - 20
    Soul magic - 8
    Werewolf/vamp - 20
    Dark brotherhood - 11
    Fighters guild - 19
    Mages guild - 19
    Thieves guild - 11
    Undaunted - 14
    Assault - 16
    Support - 16
    Racial - 9

Craft:
    Alchemy - 21
    Blacksmith - 26
    Clothing - 26
    Enchanting - 23
    Provisioning - 25
    Woodworking - 26

Armor (pick one):
    LA - 13
    MA - 13
    HA - 13

Weapon:
    Any - 44 (most people have at least 2 maxed lines)

Class:
    All skills and passives - 60

So with all crafting, world, armor, weapon, and class skill lines levelled on a main character in any combination, thats a total of 427 skill points on a main character...

Thats being generous with only 2 weapon lines and 1 armor line. I know most people choose to not max everything but if that’s what the OP chooses to do and how they want to play, then no... there is not enough skill points in the game to sustain a main crafter with two more skill lines coming out.

Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »
    there are more than enough skill points in the game and come summerset there will be even more, its not an issue..

You have no idea what you are talking about. The OP said he had one toon....if he has maxxed all his crafting skill lines, that means he ALSO has to use that same toon for ALL THREE ROLES when he chooses to spec for one or the other...meaning he has to have skill points in just about everything. I have a toon that is NOT a crafter, but that I routinely swap between tank and DPS with...I have collected every single skyshard and almost all the available skill points(short of a few quest points and higher level PvP points). I am nowhere close to having all the skills I would like to have access to...my resto staff skill line for example is only half-finished at best...as is my 2 hander skill line, etc. There are certainly NOT enough skill points in the game for multi-use toons.
    Options
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    I take it with summerset there will be 405 skill points available? (I preordered and my vamp shows she has 201/405 skill points). Right now I am lacking as I didn't finish the main story line nor do silver and gold on her. Am pretty sure on my main though I have skill points not being used. My main only has a few shards left to find but has maybe level 4 alliance rank as I don't care for PVP. I assume that those running short do a lot of trials etc and constantly change up their sets?
    Options
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?????? More???

Im fully maxed on 5 of the crafting lines. Have full passives across the board for PvE and PvP. And 3 Weapon lines maxed and all class lines maxed, all guild lines maxed and STILL have 64 unnallocated skill points.....

Visit the skill point reset shrine and get rid of those that are useless to you (you know like the research ones or the node highlight one or the soultrap one etc.....) There are plenty of skillpoints.
    Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    ?????? More???

Im fully maxed on 5 of the crafting lines. Have full passives across the board for PvE and PvP. And 3 Weapon lines maxed and all class lines maxed, all guild lines maxed and STILL have 64 unnallocated skill points.....

Visit the skill point reset shrine and get rid of those that are useless to you (you know like the research ones or the node highlight one or the soultrap one etc.....) There are plenty of skillpoints.

But you dont have all world lines maxxed? Read my post above. Its not possible to achieve what is needed. You cant dictate another players way of enjoying the game. Why do they have to reset skill lines? Because you deem some skills “useless”?
    Edited by XiDiabolismiX on April 13, 2018 2:25PM
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't actually need to spec everything in a skill line to make it effective. A few examples:
    - magicka characters only need Banish the Wicked (3) passive from Fighters guild, maybe Rearming/Lightweight trap (2)
    - magicka characters that 2W only need Twin Blade and Blunt (2) from that skill line
    - magicka Sorcerer, DK, Warden will never need Immovable Brute (2) since they have much better class skill lines that give the same buffs
    - stamina characters don't need any of the Mages Guild skills, and even tank only use Balance (2) and passives Mage Adept (2) and Everlasting Magic (2) to better make use of the former
    - tanks only need Elemental Blockade (2) and Crushing Shock (2) skills from Destruction Staff, and optionally Elemental Expert (2) passive, but you are actually better off without Tri-Focus (2)
    - magicka characters have absolutely no reason to go WW since those skills are mostly stamina based
    - if you wear a mix of armor types you only need to spec the dominant (5 piece one) fully, while only allocating 9 points at most to get the full passives from the others

~360 is currently the limit where you actually find it hard to pick anymore skills to sink your new skillpoints in. Summerset actually brings some usage to those.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Every point that’s being brought up is going to be valid in some way. SHOULD you spec into everything, probably not, but CAN you spec into everything, nope.

It’s dependent on how you play, but with the release of every new update, ZOS should incorporate enough skill points to max out every new world skill line included in that update. Theres suppose to be consequences in speccing certain ways, but why stop someone from maxxing out, say Dark Brotherhood skill line, while playing that content?

They don’t do that because thats the easy way to incorporate a gold sink.., which is dumb, especially if you want to be a completionist and max out close to everything.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    You don't actually need to spec everything in a skill line to make it effective. A few examples:
    - magicka characters only need Banish the Wicked (3) passive from Fighters guild, maybe Rearming/Lightweight trap (2)
    - magicka characters that 2W only need Twin Blade and Blunt (2) from that skill line
    - magicka Sorcerer, DK, Warden will never need Immovable Brute (2) since they have much better class skill lines that give the same buffs
    - stamina characters don't need any of the Mages Guild skills, and even tank only use Balance (2) and passives Mage Adept (2) and Everlasting Magic (2) to better make use of the former
    - tanks only need Elemental Blockade (2) and Crushing Shock (2) skills from Destruction Staff, and optionally Elemental Expert (2) passive, but you are actually better off without Tri-Focus (2)
    - magicka characters have absolutely no reason to go WW since those skills are mostly stamina based
    - if you wear a mix of armor types you only need to spec the dominant (5 piece one) fully, while only allocating 9 points at most to get the full passives from the others

~360 is currently the limit where you actually find it hard to pick anymore skills to sink your new skillpoints in. Summerset actually brings some usage to those.

Exactly. However, people are (yet again) twisting “play as you want” to mean “spend a skill point on every single passive/active skill in the game without any compromises.”

Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are completely missing the point. When I swap between roles, I shouldnt have to move skill points around. On my Tank toon as an example...I will run run say Direfrost Keep all the way up to the last boss(Drodda) where a tank is worthless, then using an add-on swap gear and skills to DPS spec. A tank wearing DPS gear and using DPS skills, does not a DPS make, but I am still able to pull something over 20k with this method....this method is only viable because I DONT have to move skillpoints around. Presumably I could gold out another set of gear and actually heal using this same method if I used say Seducer and Alteration Mastery....not the strongest heals, but easily sustained...but it all requires skill points in a lot of lines...especially if I had to have maxxed out crafting lines in addition to all of that. The point is that you should be able to swap to any given role on the fly...this would help in vet dungeons immensely if your healer or tank disconnects mid-run and you dont need to wait around 30 minutes for a replacement. Obviously substitute roles like this aren't ideal, but should be able to be managed by most competent players familiar with the roles they are subbing
    Edited by josiahva on April 13, 2018 2:53PM
    Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Exactly. However, people are (yet again) twisting “play as you want” to mean “spend a skill point on every single passive/active skill in the game without any compromises.”

So having an opinion is “twisting” whatever you just mentioned? Are you actively in someone elses mind, controlling their body, and playing their character how YOU think the game should be played?

I laid out the skill points WITHOUT putting a skill point into every passive/active skill lines and proved there is still not enough points. If you choose just two weapon lines, one armor line, and your class passives for just one role, you cannot max out crafting and world lines. It’s just not possible, let alone having two more skill lines coming out..

Edited by XiDiabolismiX on April 13, 2018 2:59PM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So having an opinion is “twisting” whatever you just mentioned? Are you actively in someone elses mind, controlling their body, and playing their character how YOU think the game should be played?

I laid out the skill points WITHOUT putting a skill point into every passive/active skill lines and proved there is still not enough points. If you choose just two weapon lines, one armor line, and your class passives for just one role, you cannot max out crafting and world lines. It’s just not possible, let alone having two more skill lines coming out..

My magsorc has maxed out Mages Guild passives with select skills, maxed out destro passives with select skills (plus some points in resto for those moments when the healer is garbage), maxed out LA (with some points in HA as well, as I run a heavy chest), some points in Undaunted for relevant passives/skills, and fully maxed out crafting (minus the research time reduction passives, as I don’t need those anymore). I’ve got some points in FG (the passive that gives ult back), but not all, as it’s a magicka sorc. And I have 25 points to spare, with nowhere close to the max number of skill points earned. You really don’t NEED to spend points in EVERY skill available. Why spend points on something if you barely ever use it? If there’s a finite number of points, you may need to make compromises. Simple.

Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ther is also quests with skillpoints not included in main lines
    like Buyer Beware in malabal tor
    etc

Thank you! But I do have those accounted for in the 49 alliance storyquest's.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    The necessity of needing and wanting are two seperate things. Of course you don’t need to, but if someone wants to, they should have the capability to do so.

Your magsorc? So youre stating you have multiple characters? Let me guess, for multiple occasions? So if OP has ONE character in which they choose to play and max out what they want, you’re saying that’s ok, forget how they want to play, in a (twisted) form of being able to play how you want?
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there’s a finite number of points, you may need to make compromises. Simple.

Sure, the system was designed in order to force us to make choices. It's an RPG after all, you can't be everyone and everything at once.

BUT...

Skill points are the real true progression indicator in this game. By buying an expansion (well, a "chapter" in this case) and playing new content, we should get the feeling to go FORWARD in progression, not backwards. That's why there should be enough skill points in Summerset content to provide for both new skill lines.

Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That right there says it all. There are a finite number of skill points so you have to choose what's important to you.
    Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, I’m slightly trolling. But in all honesty, there should be enough skill points with each expansion to max out any new skill lines that come with it.

They really shouldn’t ploy the “play how you want” when in all actuality, you can’t.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

That right there says it all. There are a finite number of skill points so you have to choose what's important to you.

... and the more you play, the more difficult and restricted the choice gets ? Makes little sense imho.
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My magsorc has maxed out Mages Guild passives with select skills, maxed out destro passives with select skills (plus some points in resto for those moments when the healer is garbage), maxed out LA (with some points in HA as well, as I run a heavy chest), some points in Undaunted for relevant passives/skills, and fully maxed out crafting (minus the research time reduction passives, as I don’t need those anymore). I’ve got some points in FG (the passive that gives ult back), but not all, as it’s a magicka sorc. And I have 25 points to spare, with nowhere close to the max number of skill points earned. You really don’t NEED to spend points in EVERY skill available. Why spend points on something if you barely ever use it? If there’s a finite number of points, you may need to make compromises. Simple.

But you cant change roles on the fly can you? No, you would have to re-spec to do so...and that is the root of the matter...if you cant change roles in the middle of a dungeon in 2 minutes, then you dont have enough skill points. Of course I know you are going to say that you could heal or tank in a pinch...and that is probably true...but ONLY because you happen to be a magicka sorc that can spam hardened ward and stack it with harness magicka...or on the healing side use the matriarch/clanfear and use the resto staff skills...but most classes cant handle all three roles with the ease of a magicka sorc...just try tanking effectively on a magicka nightblade that was specced for DPS when you entered the dungeon...or healing with a stam DK without points in skills you "barely ever use"...if someone wants to play a tri-role toon who is also a master crafter, they should be able to...but more skill points are needed before that is possible.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The necessity of needing and wanting are two seperate things. Of course you don’t need to, but if someone wants to, they should have the capability to do so.

Your magsorc? So youre stating you have multiple characters? Let me guess, for multiple occasions? So if OP has ONE character in which they choose to play and max out what they want, you’re saying that’s ok, forget how they want to play, in a (twisted) form of being able to play how you want?

Again, this is where the misinterpretation of “play as you want” becomes a factor. If someone WANTS to spend points in everything imaginable, they might need to accept that they CAN’T. Just like someone might WANT to play a dual sword and board hybrid DPS, but might need to accept that playing “as they want” will get them kicked out of vet dungeon groups. “Play as you want” , if you read the back of the game box, doesn’t mean “do whatever you want in game with no consequences.”

Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alright.....

World:
    Legerdemain - 20
    Soul magic - 8
    Werewolf/vamp - 20
    Dark brotherhood - 11
    Fighters guild - 19
    Mages guild - 19
    Thieves guild - 11
    Undaunted - 14
    Assault - 16
    Support - 16
    Racial - 9

Craft:
    Alchemy - 21
    Blacksmith - 26
    Clothing - 26
    Enchanting - 23
    Provisioning - 25
    Woodworking - 26

Armor (pick one):
    LA - 13
    MA - 13
    HA - 13

Weapon:

Class:

So with all crafting, world, armor, weapon, and class skill lines levelled on a main character in any combination, thats a total of 427 skill points on a main character...

Thats being generous with only 2 weapon lines and 1 armor line. I know most people choose to not max everything but if that’s what the OP chooses to do and how they want to play, then no... there is not enough skill points in the game to sustain a main crafter with two more skill lines coming out.

But those numbers are showing "Un-needed" skill points.
    No "Master Crafter" has points in Alchemy "Snakeblood" passive as it is totally unnessaccary.
    Nor do you need 3 points in Keen Eye. 1 is plenty.
    Master Crafters also don't need Research points, which frees up 12 points right there.
    Just because there are skills and passives in a certain line DOES NOT mean you have to or should need or use them all.

As far as the people who say that they want to play all roles on one toon and want more SP, I ask....
    Do you also change your Attribute points each time you switch?
    I'm sorry, but a DPS role who decides to put on heavy armor but still only has 20k health is not a tank. A stam mag who suddenly flips to a healer, but only has 17k magic is not gonna be a good healer, so unless you go and respect your attribute points too, I find it a moot case.

Are there enough SP for all Skills?
    No. There are 546 total skills and morphs in game. There are only 394 total skill points. There will never be enough to do ALL things. And that is fine.

Morrowind gave us 12 Skill points. I am sure Summerset will give us that many too. That should be enough to fill most if not all of the Psjiic Skills...
    Here is the list of ALL skill points in game again...
    Total Available Skill Points before Morrowind: 368

Skyshards: 127
    Reach character level 50: 64
    Reach Alliance Rank 50: 50
    Complete all main story quests: 11
    Complete alliance storyline quests: 49
    Complete Imperial City DLC: 1
    Complete Orsinium DLC: 3
    Complete Thieves Guild DLC: 6
    Complete Dark Brotherhood DLC: 8
    Read the Folium Discognitum in the Mages’ Guild storyline: 2 (irreversible choice during quest turn in, be careful)
    Slay group bosses in all public dungeons: 18
    Complete quests in normal difficulty group dungeons: 16
    Complete quests in veteran dungeons: 8
    Complete Imperial City DLC group dungeons: 2
    Complete Maelstom Arena in Orsinium: 1
    Complete the Shadows of the Hist dungeons: 2

Total Available Skill Points in Morrowind: 12

Morrowind skyshards: 6
    Complete Morrowind tutorial: 1
    Complete Vivec quest line: 1
    Complete Morag Tong quest line: 1
    Complete Telvanni quest line: 1
    Complete Morrowind public dungeon event: 2

Total Available Skill Points as of Morrowind update: 380
    Horns of the Reach Group Delvs: 2
    Clockwork City Total: 10
    Dragon Bones: 2
    TOTAL IN-GAME SKILL POINTS: 394
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on April 13, 2018 3:38PM
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭

Again, this is where the misinterpretation of “play as you want” becomes a factor. If someone WANTS to spend points in everything imaginable, they might need to accept that they CAN’T. Just like someone might WANT to play a dual sword and board hybrid DPS, but might need to accept that playing “as they want” will get them kicked out of vet dungeon groups. “Play as you want” , if you read the back of the game box, doesn’t mean “do whatever you want in game with no consequences.”

Lol I am honestly just trolling, but it’s funny that you mention playing dw and snb will get you kicked out of a vet dungeon because again, its dependent on how YOU play and portray the game. While I agree I would definitely kick someone like that, that’s how WE enjoy playing how we want... I would like to see the dictionary you wrote on how to interpret “play how you want” fits into everyones point of view, would be a nice read.

But the topic has veered and I have given several opinions while listening to others. Point still stands there’s not enough points for one person to do what they want.
    Edited by XiDiabolismiX on April 13, 2018 3:41PM
    Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Alright.....

World:
    Legerdemain - 20
    Soul magic - 8
    Werewolf/vamp - 20
    Dark brotherhood - 11
    Fighters guild - 19
    Mages guild - 19
    Thieves guild - 11
    Undaunted - 14
    Assault - 16
    Support - 16
    Racial - 9

Craft:
    Alchemy - 21
    Blacksmith - 26
    Clothing - 26
    Enchanting - 23
    Provisioning - 25
    Woodworking - 26

Armor (pick one):
    LA - 13
    MA - 13
    HA - 13

Weapon:

Class:

No "Master Crafter" has points in Alchemy "Snakeblood" passive as it is totally unnessaccary.
    Master Crafters also don't need Research points, which frees up 12 points right there.
    Just because there are skills and passives in a certain line DOES NOT mean you have to or should need or use them all.

As far as the people who say that they want to play all roles on one toon and want more SP, I ask....
    I'm sorry, but a DPS role who decides to put on heavy armor but still only has 20k health is not a tank. A stam mag who suddenly flips to a healer, but only has 17k magic is not gonna be a good healer, so unless you go and respect your attribute points too, I find it a moot case.

No. There are 546 total skills and morphs in game. There are only 394 total skill points. There will never be enough to do ALL things. And that is fine.

Morrowind gave us 12 Skill points. I am sure Summerset will give us that many too. That should be enough to fill most if not all of the Psjiic Skills...

Read the Folium Discognitum in the Mages’ Guild storyline: 2 (irreversible choice during quest turn in, be careful)

Lol the point is not what you deem as un-needed. The point is the OP plays one main character wanting to partake in everything in the game and is unable to due to not having enough skill points.

Everyone is going to have an opinion of what is un-needed, its your own personal interpretation, not theirs. Stop implying spending points in multiple build specs. I gave an example of TWO weapon lines, ONE armor line, ALL CLASS passives, and the rest into crafting and world lines (427 total), there is NOT enough skill points in game to achieve this, let alone when they release two more skill lines.

They made it this way to make a gold-sink forcing players to constantly re-spec depending what aspect of the game theyre playing and that is cheap and lazy.
    Edited by XiDiabolismiX on April 13, 2018 3:52PM
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alright.....

World:
    Legerdemain - 20
    Soul magic - 8
    Werewolf/vamp - 20
    Dark brotherhood - 11
    Fighters guild - 19
    Mages guild - 19
    Thieves guild - 11
    Undaunted - 14
    Assault - 16
    Support - 16
    Racial - 9

Craft:
    Alchemy - 21
    Blacksmith - 26
    Clothing - 26
    Enchanting - 23
    Provisioning - 25
    Woodworking - 26

Armor (pick one):
    LA - 13
    MA - 13
    HA - 13

Weapon:

Class:

Lol the point is not what you deem as un-needed. The point is the OP plays one main character wanting to partake in everything in the game and is unable to due to not having enough skill points.

Everyone is going to have an opinion of what is un-needed, its your own personal interpretation, not theirs.

True, true.
    But I was pointing out that a 9 trait crafter doesn't need those research passives. A StamSorc is not gonna use a Unstable Familiar, etc.
    The main points is "Are there enough SP for one toon to do everything"?. Yes, to do most anything you want there is.
    BUT, to do it all?? No. Again... There are 546 total Skills and Morphs and only 394 Skill points. Do the math.
    And I'm sorry, but IMO, anyone who tries to do ALL 3 classes on one toon is gimping themselves and will not be optimal on anything. I just see the "I want More Points" as just a gimme, gimme, gimme thing.
    There are plenty in game, and more to come. No to more Free Points just because someone doesn't want to take the time to gather them or use them effectively.
    Just my 2 Drakes.
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

Options
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree with everyones points by the way. I just like seeing the way other people portray a “play how you want” game that has inconsistencies in actually playing how you want. I do think it’s ridiculous to put points into every skill line, but for the small majority of players that would like to, I think they should have the option.

Of course, a game so wide and broad such as ESO cannot cater to every point of a players style, and I think ZOS is doing the best they can, I do feel bad for people like the OP that can only make and play one character.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    yes because despite the fact that PVP skill points take insane amount of time to grind even for someone who is a dedicated pvper, let alone a more casual and/or diverse content player - we are not allowed to express concern? DLC skill points are 100% required now? seriously.

you people need to sit down and think about what it is that you are requiring.

Ive done less than 20 hours of PVP, only got about 4 skyshards in Cyrodil, havent completed all dungeons on vet let alone normal, zero skyshards from Craglorn, yet i still have 9 extra skill points on my main that is a master crafter.

You want skill points, play the game.

I think with 341 points, i have indeed have PLAYED the game. I seem to be playing it more extensively then you do given that you can't find use for those skill points, while I did. not to mention... its not like having enough skillpoints in summerset to level summerset skill lines is asking not to PLAY the game. we'd STILL need to PLAY the game to GET those skill points, so your little rebuttal is nonsensical.

I will repeat and I keep repeating in small hope that maybe, just maybe one of you takes your fingers out of your ears and hears.

just
    becasue
    you
    are
    not
    using
    all the
    skill
    mean
    no one
    else
    is
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just re spec my main and cured vamp. 17k gold later I got 345 skillpoints. Only alliance rank 20, so there’s room there. I still have 90 skill points leftover right now.

Crafting is maxed so didn’t need the research points. Only needed a few undaunted and ledgerman and fighters guild. So, at least on you’re main crafter toon there’s plenty.
    Options
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the point trying to be made by a lot of players here is that many of us want to be able to play multiple roles on the fly without having to reset all of your skill points and rebuilding your character. To do so requires 1) multiple sets of gear and 2) a much larger skillpoint investment than players who only ever play one role.

Personally, my main has all of my crafting skills, as well as my stamdk dps skills and my stamdk tank skills. This character is my sneaky / steal-y / assassin-y character as well, because stamina. I have no leftover skill points.

Granted, I have yet to finish Cadwell's Gold, and I haven't done any of Clockwork or dragon bones yet, in addition to a lot of pvp stuff. I think I'll be able to get enough points for everything, but only by putting a tremendous amount of time in and being willing to pvp.

The crux of the issue is that this game doesn't allow you to hold multiple skill configurations at once and switch them on the fly. Most modern MMOs have this feature, but ESO does not.
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I tried doing that for a little while. It’s way too hard with inventory restrictions, CP allotments, Attributes, mundus, etc. you can’t just change everything out on the fly. At least on console. Maybe there’s add ons for PC.
    Options