The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Some suggestions regarding Cyrodiil/Imperial city.

• IV_Deity
    IV_Deity
    ✭✭✭
    DocDova wrote: »

Everyone sees the world with his own glasses, I can't imagine attacking other players. I am not asking for something I don't deserve or practice. I Show compassion to others and expect same in return. I Show them everywhere and I deserve it everywhere. Whether it's reciprocated or not is upto developers as I can't expect everyone to have my Principles, So in my Book it falls on developers to ensure I get reciprocated in compassion I Show to others EVERYWHERE.

In my very limited knowledge of programming, I see only two options either Let Me fly under no banner or create an instance where other players can't attack me without consent. (I used me, as at-least I know I don't deserve hostility).

At first, I was like sure, let him enter under "no alliance" but I've read many valid points and I must say...
    This is a video game....it has nothing to do with real life, and killing other players will not banish you to the shadow realm forever. It is a normal and encouraged part of the game, hence why there are zones for PvP.

I assume, with your response above, that you are now trolling at this point. You've already been given numerous suggestions/advice/etc.

This thread needs to be deleted.
    Now on PC.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocDova wrote: »
    You walked into a PVP zone, which was marketed as a PVP zone, and clearly gated in the game behind the Alliance War zones which require you to enter Cyrodiil explicitly as a PVP zone, and the Imperial City itself is pretty darned clear its a PVP zone.

And you are shocked, shocked I tell you, that players inside acted like it was a PVP zone. I can't imagine where they got that silly idea.

Everyone sees the world with his own glasses, I can't imagine attacking other players. I am not asking for something I don't deserve or practice. I Show compassion to others and expect same in return. I Show them everywhere and I deserve it everywhere. Whether it's reciprocated or not is upto developers as I can't expect everyone to have my Principles, So in my Book it falls on developers to ensure I get reciprocated in compassion I Show to others EVERYWHERE.

In my very limited knowledge of programming, I see only two options either Let Me fly under no banner or create an instance where other players can't attack me without consent. (I used me, as at-least I know I don't deserve hostility).

Get a group, agree that you won't attack other players since that'd be against your principles and go do the quests. The developers aren't required to give you a pacifistic option.

Also, you might know you don't deserve hostility but there is no way for the enemy players to know that you don't deserve hostility, aside from ZOS adding that in, and I've already covered why I think that's unlikely given their vision of the game and desire for a knowledgeable and experienced community for both PVE and PVP.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need tri-stat runes, farm gold and buy them from a guild store. It would probably be much faster and less stressful for you.

I came to ESO as a PvEer first with PvP secondary but somthing I did participate in.
    I've grown to love the PvP in this game and I love Cyrodiil and IC just the way they are.

I've done all the quests in both areas on several characters and I've played PvP in both areas and on all factions to decide which one would be my home faction. I've even gotten emperor.

Other than adding better things to buy with TV stones, I don't think anything should change.

I am generally agains a PvE only version of Cyrodiil and IC......but

The only way I would agree with your suggestion:

1. completely seperate instance/campaign so that people there to just PvE are not clogging up the ques
    2. No AP gain
    3. No Tel Var gain
    4. No alliance motifs
    5. No hakedjo available for purchase there or anything else that is purchased with tel var or AP only.
    6. No Cyrodiil or IC armor sets available
    7. No Cyrodiil or IC skins, polymorphs, scamp pet
    8. No advancement of any Cyro or IC achievments, alliance rank or skill lines with the exception of explorer, quest, delve and dolmen completion.
    9. In case I missed something: Nothing at all that is currently related to alliance achievements, alliance rank, alliance skills, alliance motifs, PvP, etc or anything not specified above
    10. Just quests and exploration.

For rewards they can make another type of motif called Cyrodiil Explorer or something, and new armor sets available only in the PVE version

Allowing people to flag off of PvP in the PvP zones would just clog up the que and keep people that want to PvP from getting in there.

This version gives you the quests, exploration and immersion you want but doesn't take away from the risk vs reward that the PvP zones have.
    Edited by Katahdin on March 26, 2018 5:46PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    @Katahdin, That's fair. Just need Tri-Stat rune as there are enchanting writs which require them. I agree on all other points.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main issue with IC specificly is how fast it is to respawn and rejoin the fight. If you are alone, fighting 3 guys, if you kill one he will be back in the fight before you can finish the other 2. In most cases. This mechanic is severely increasing the difficulty for soloers in ic and empowering ppl who groups up. As if they dont have enough of an advantage, the game holds their hand, and kicks soloers feet out from under them.

PC EU
    PvP only