The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Jester Event Wasn't Fun

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally didn't care about the event, I was just there for the double xp. Why did it only run for four days?

Because we get 12 Days more of XP Buff with the Anniversary Event starting on April 04th :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    But was it the event that wasn’t fun? Or was it spending 4 days farming dubious camoran recipes?

The farming is what made it not fun. I enjoyed the two quests, the emerick one was just stupid, the fireworks were fun, but the fetch quests were abysmal.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it but this was my first Jesterfest. Completed it on 14 characters first then made my 15th who also went through it. Grindy as all other events but I got 7 DCT that will sit in my bank until later this year ;)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    Was too busy doing other stuff over Easter to bother with Jester Festival.

All my Characters have got full sets of the Motif, most of the recipes and the title.
    OK so I missed out on the latest bits but do I care?
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fun to me, I wasted my last thousand of crowns on costume, hats and dye. Shared recipes with guild, ate a lot of candies, danced a lot, ganked some people in Cyrodiil while wearing new costume and listened to cheerful music. I got all recipes, but RNG is *** and ruined this event for many people. I wish that this recipe wasn't so good, so prices wouldn't be so high and more people would get the achievement.
    PC/EU
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going 0 for 74 on repeatable, mind-numbingly boring quests while enduring load-screens and waiting for NPCs to render all for it to end without a sniff of Dubious Camoran Throne makes for a pathetic experience. Oh, and 100,000 of my gold in someone else's pocket because you decided to lock access to an important stamina recipe behind a limited time, once a year event was a great parting middle-finger.

I don't get why people who make games continue to value RNG over all else. Come up with some middle-ground that combines RNG luck with grinding accomplishment (tokens, for instance). It feels good to get lucky, and if you don't then it also feels good to accomplish something you've worked towards. Implement both in instances like this so all players can actually enjoy your events.

hehe
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about your bad RNG OP. I ended up with a million gold loss for this event. I found 7 Dubious Camoran Throne recipes. I withdrew my stack from my bank, split 2 from it to give to my GM as a raffle donation, put the other five back in the bank and 'poof', they disappeared. I submitted a bug report, but doubt I'll get them back. :'(

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I stand corrected...thank you Cindy! :p
    vnYKpTy.png

Don't be so quick to judge
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've suggested this in another thread, but I think they should give us a harass the guards quest. You would use your pickpocketing skills to place a silly hat on a guard. you do that to 3 guards to complete the quest. The hats last for 2 minutes so players might have to travel around a little to find a guard not wearing a silly hat. There should be at least a dozen random hats that end up on the guard's heads.

That, in my opinion, would be a fun event.

I had also suggested pie throwing (like mudballs, only pies), and perhaps wearing a jester's costume through a random dungeon as other ideas.

It just needs to be less scripted. Scripted sucks.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Kanar wrote: »

In addition, stop with the *** magicka favoritism. How is it ok that DCT is selling for 100k (soon to be 2, 3 hundred plus) immediately after the event? AND the equivalent magicka recipe is going for 5k? Wtf is that garbage?.

when exactly did ZOS set those prices? there were buttloads of the recipes dropping. We were talking today how surprised we were with DCT pricing not dropping further, but you know what, people still buy them at that price. So why wouldnt people post them for that?

ZoS sets the price by setting the supply. You got the demand part but forgot about supply.
    One fact is that there were not boatloads of DCT dropping.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a harsh "sniff" of reality for all you kids, that are brought up to believe in equality, fairness and all that. Some people are well off, either bring or or become rich, others have been lucky a few times now and then. For others, life sucks. That's the way it is. .-D
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks its called Elder Farm Online. Everything about ESO is designed to keep you farming and in the game. This festival like all the others was one big joke. This one in particular three repeatable quests. How many times do you really want to do the same thing over and over? Then on top of that a pathetic RNG system. I did not even waste my time with it.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fun ! I was glad to see all three Jesters again with their funny lines, and to redo the quests.
    That being said... there's a big design issue with those quests. They're faaaar too long as repeatables ! They get sooo long and boring for the 2nd time on, it's incredible !
    Please ZOS change the quests next year, and design them to be fun even though they're meant to be repeated over and over...
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Don't complain about free stuff.

Sheeple mentality!
    Edited by Gelmir on April 3, 2018 2:13PM
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesters fest starting to get stale for us lifers. Couple of suggestions:
    1. Offer new rewards- a jester for your house similar to the outlaws refuge fence except he juggles, eats fire, swords and tells bad jokes.
    2. Offer a bonuses for thise actually taking part in the spirit of the fewtival (not just go8ng through motions and farming for dubious) like if someone is using jesters personality or wearing the crown give a bonus to success or better chance at a good reward
    3. Give penalties to those who are not in the spirit of the festival (i.e. running through quests)
    Give 'er eh!
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had quite a bit of fun. I enjoyed the zany humour, collected all the rewards (and some to spare), and generally enjoyed the freebies.

I can understand how long-time players might get bored quickly by repeating the same quests as last year, but there is an easy solution to that: if the quests are boring to you, don't do them. Nobody is forcing you to mindlessly repeat the same quests over and over again. You can simply buy the rewards you are missing, and for a decent price too, since they are cheaper while the event is ongoing.

Don't pretend someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to do this stuff lol. Sheesh.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 3, 2018 7:57PM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guarlet wrote: »
    I had quite a bit of fun. I enjoyed the zany humour, collected all the rewards (and some to spare), and generally enjoyed the freebies.

I can understand how long-time players might get bored quickly by repeating the same quests as last year, but there is an easy solution to that: if the quests are boring to you, don't do them. Nobody is forcing you to mindlessly repeat the same quests over and over again. You can simply buy the rewards you are missing, and for a decent price too, since they are cheaper while the event is ongoing.

Don't pretend someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to do this stuff lol. Sheesh.

Yes I agree but that is a dangerous policy for ZoS to hold to. If enough people are finding the festival getting stale they might want to listen to them. This industry is very competitive. Even in these forums there is a lot of comparing that goes on. This policy would lead to huge migration.
    Give 'er eh!
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its people who think they are entitled to be entitled to the good stuff without working for it !
    If not they blame someone
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Its people who think they are entitled to be entitled to the good stuff without working for it !
    If not they blame someone

74 quests is a lot of work.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard work comes good reward !
  • TheGiantHead
    TheGiantHead
    Soul Shriven
    Having started in December, this was my first shot at this event, and I had a fairly good time with it. I got to explore 2 delves in an area I hadn't really explored yet and complete a bunch of random quests with double XP. I got everything except for the DCT recipe, which I think is pretty respectable for not having any alts. Since these events appear to be annual I'm just considering everything I received a head start on next year's event :p
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it was kind of meh...just running the same 3 quests 1 which was way more annoying the others for terrible drop rates lol