The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Jester Event Wasn't Fun

• fojo82
    fojo82
    ✭✭✭
    100% agreed. An mmo should have rep or tokens or something for completing content that you can spend on things you want rather than a chance at something
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want an event based around tokens with an RNG twist.

I.e you get a random number of tokens between 2 figure (e.g. 1 and 100). Items are all priced accordingly to said tokens and player purchases them after a sufficient enough grind.

RNG in its current form within ESO is utter cancer as every *** element of the game seems to be RNG related - Dailies - Vvardenfell (Ashlander & City), Crafting, Clockwork City.

About the only element of the game that isn't is Master Writs AFTER COMPLETING THEM Which you can only get through RNG.

Oh and the Crown Crates are RNG too.

The jesters festival was utter garbage and i'll be glad to see an end to it. Take a leaf out of Runescape's book with regard to Yearly events and tag on a degree of exclusivity to items (I.e Bind on receiving Clothing). It sounds like I'm being unfair but I gave that event a couple of tries before giving up. 4 Green recipes in a row was utterly pathetic. Get RNG to ***.
    Edited by Stewart1874 on April 2, 2018 11:40PM
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    My only complaint is that, for the first time in a long time, my availability didn't pair with the event window, which I felt was too short. I only got to play late on Saturday evening into Sunday morning and so I could not make a second run on the dailies before the event ended.

My availability isn't the fault of game, of course, however, other holiday events seem to last longer than four days. I'm not quite sure why this one was so short.
    PC NA
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going 0 for 74 on repeatable, mind-numbingly boring quests while enduring load-screens and waiting for NPCs to render all for it to end without a sniff of Dubious Camoran Throne makes for a pathetic experience. Oh, and 100,000 of my gold in someone else's pocket because you decided to lock access to an important stamina recipe behind a limited time, once a year event was a great parting middle-finger.

I don't get why people who make games continue to value RNG over all else. Come up with some middle-ground that combines RNG luck with grinding accomplishment (tokens, for instance). It feels good to get lucky, and if you don't then it also feels good to accomplish something you've worked towards. Implement both in instances like this so all players can actually enjoy your events.

where you expecting to have fun? enjoy? profit? well APRILS FOOL BRO!
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shrug. It was worth the few hours I put into it just for the DBT recipe.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    My jester event was loads of fun. I bought new costumes, reevaluated some of my characters and leveled new skills, enjoyed revisiting the Jester Kings-and-Queen, and chatted the whole way through it.

I'm sorry you found it frustrating.

Same :)
    Very nice event.
    Few ago loaded some alts I had left at the pavilions and all was empty, feel a bit sad when ends.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After getting 3 princess recipes in a row I gave up.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was OK, not great but OK

We done it last year so it is not as fun as it used to be as quests and rewards are basically the same
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with a previous comment.

"I am sorry for your RNG in the Event"

I got 5 Dubious Camoran Thrones and 2 Jester Tent recipes, aswell as a few Mistrule Recipes and a tonne of Jester Coffers (some of which I sold for 5k each)

And I did not do the Glenumbra mission at all after the first day. The rewards simply were not worth the time.

I can understand your frustration, but I had a bit of fun doing it since I had some decent RNG. Also the 2x XP wasn;t bad either for levelling some of my low level toons.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    Shrug. It was worth the few hours I put into it just for the DBT recipe.

Yes. With family visiting, I could only play for a few hours during the event. It was fun, and I got one of the DBT recipe. And enough banners to decorate all of my inn rooms. The rest of the stuff is for sale at the guild store, and who knows, maybe someone will buy it.
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    I had fun and the pig quest was hilarious, my favourite

Didn’t like the quest which asked you to farm for items, boring

Neutral to the grumpy npc quest
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had fun with it. But then again I didn't grind it. I did my 3 quests and moved on. I didn't log in with all 12 toons and make it into a job.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More laggy than fun.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first two days of the event were fun for me. The last two days weren't, because that dang Camoran Throne recipe only dropped once for me in over a hundred boxes (around 130 or so), and I really wanted a second one, so I ended up doing those same three quests over and over and over even after it stopped being fun, because the drop rate was so bad. I never did get a second recipe, and I gave up eventually. If the festival had been a full week, I wouldn't have felt so pressured.

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did the festival on 4 characters I havent done in last year. Got 4 dubious thrones the first day. Only item I had to play festival the next day for was that new memento.
  • Rudal
    Rudal
    ✭✭✭
    hmm... I didn't know you can get something from that event... All I ever get is fireworks...
    - And is your heart black and full of hate? - Black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch... -
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warning unpopular opinion

The rewards on these events should be bound. Too many greedy individuals wanting masses of stuff to sell later only devalues the market.

Repetition causes these events to be more boring than they already are. Doing them on high level characters where there is no jeopardy increases the boring effect.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not even play it. There's a slightly better possibility for it to be fun to new players. But i think someone needs to surprise ZoS telling this game is not full of new players. Not because i only care for rewards or something, i would love to be in a good mood for joking and laughing all across Tamriel. But i'm sorry to not be very happy about repeating the same thing over and over again.
    PC|EU
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't complain about free stuff.

Also, the double exp is nice
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    Once I got DCT I enjoyed the event more. Since I didn't have to grind it.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran 3 times on 3 characters, got nothing good. Rest of the time was spent grinding up a couple other characters so although not 'fun' it was productive.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only complaint was that the event wasn't long enough. :/ I had to work during the event (yay, 12-hour shift work life) and literally had ONE day to get the achievements. I said f-it and just decided to grind in Skyreach instead... The thought of trying to get everything in one day was just too much.

Events should be AT LEAST one week long to ensure that those of us who do shift work and/or have to work on weekends actually get a crack at it.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Going 0 for 74 on repeatable, mind-numbingly boring quests while enduring load-screens and waiting for NPCs to render all for it to end without a sniff of Dubious Camoran Throne makes for a pathetic experience. Oh, and 100,000 of my gold in someone else's pocket because you decided to lock access to an important stamina recipe behind a limited time, once a year event was a great parting middle-finger.

I don't get why people who make games continue to value RNG over all else. Come up with some middle-ground that combines RNG luck with grinding accomplishment (tokens, for instance). It feels good to get lucky, and if you don't then it also feels good to accomplish something you've worked towards. Implement both in instances like this so all players can actually enjoy your events.

Agree one hundred percent. It was too short and the drop rates were abysmal, i didnt get any hats, costumes, or the camoran recipe. Seriously, I love ZoS cuz they gave me my haircut for free, but I hate them for this kind of crap at te same time.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:49PM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

In addition, stop with the *** magicka favoritism. How is it ok that DCT is selling for 100k (soon to be 2, 3 hundred plus) immediately after the event? AND the equivalent magicka recipe is going for 5k? Wtf is that garbage?.

when exactly did ZOS set those prices? there were buttloads of the recipes dropping. We were talking today how surprised we were with DCT pricing not dropping further, but you know what, people still buy them at that price. So why wouldnt people post them for that?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Agreed, ZoS needs to do some self reflection: why do you even run an event? Is it to frustrate your players? Or is it to motivate players to return and give some fun to existing players?

In addition, stop with the *** magicka favoritism. How is it ok that DCT is selling for 100k (soon to be 2, 3 hundred plus) immediately after the event? AND the equivalent magicka recipe is going for 5k? Wtf is that garbage?

I ran 4 chars every day. 52 runs I got 1 DCT recipe, so at l ast I got the achievement on my main and can make the drink but that is really bad drop rate. I have multiple witchmothers potent Brew recipes in my bank and only participated with one character for that event (stopped after getting all the achievements).

This too. Like, I got about 40 witchmothers brew recipes, but not a single camoran throne, wtf....
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    My jester event was loads of fun. I bought new costumes, reevaluated some of my characters and leveled new skills, enjoyed revisiting the Jester Kings-and-Queen, and chatted the whole way through it.

I'm sorry you found it frustrating.

Yup, I enjoyed it. Some humour, some silliness, was fun.

The jokes made me laugh, i absolutely adored the Ayrenn Jester, but the rewards made me want to hurl myself out a window.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get 5 DCT recipes, various other useful bits and raised several mules to higher levels, all in all a reasonable result.....but I run 13 characters, 3 mains (DD Healer & tank), 1 crafter and 9 mules. I put a lot of time into this so on balance was it worth it? Probably not but it rained all weekend so wasn't to much of a waste of time.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 30 minutes I had the tite, the crown and the camoran to sell in a couple of months. The quests were very annoying. hundreds of people literally burning down delves. Really poor design.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But was it the event that wasn’t fun? Or was it spending 4 days farming dubious camoran recipes?