Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Jester Event Wasn't Fun

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did the quests like 3 times and said screw it its boring af the dc quest was painful dumb
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Quest; A Noble Guest, is frustrating that it breaks the stealth/ detection mechanics in the game to force a bounty nearly every time unless you glitch into the cart. Even then it's not always possible to do without the bounty.

Had times when every NPC that was kill-able was dead, with the one quest NPC and still had a bounty. I used PC's that had detection reduction skills, racial and equipment yet still your forced mechanic placed a bounty.

I also agree that these yearly quests need some new ones added in. Been disappointed that you have not done that.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Looking back, I wonder if he was aware of how valuable this recipe would end-up being in the future.
    Not sure why people find this recipe "valuable". It drops the max health and stamina rates in exchange for a buff in recovery, which isn't helpful to me.

Granted, the two hour timer is great, but not worth the tradeoff to me.

This recipe is all a stamina user needs:
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/itemLink.php?&itemid=68247&quality=3

It's cheaper, too. :)

I use that recipe all the time, even when I don't really need to. :)

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Events in general get wearisome in large part because they narrow the time you can earn something and cause you to get highly repetitive in an attempt to obtain a thing you want and can only acquire once per year. My general opinion of events of this nature in MMO's has always been that they are slightly oppressive.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved the event! It was fun and I really enjoyed the rewards. Best event of them all!
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally I love events... except this one, I ran my main through the first three quests on day one and remembered why I did not enjoy it the year before.. the quests, its as simple as that, for me they are just boring and mundane, so that was the only time i ran it this year, all 3 quests on 1 character out of 15 on day one of the festival then never touched it again.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it every day in seven characters mind numbingly boring all in search of a recipe. Didn't even get the scintillating box
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has become a scratch card over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did all quests twice, got all achievements in 2 days and bought 2 "funny" trees from achievement vendor, ah and I got the Camoran Throne Recipe with the last box. For me the event was successful and I'm here to thank ZOS for the items, title and some fun. I just forgot about double xp token that was connected with the jesters :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already registerered your displeasure with your least favorite Jesters quest, there's a poll here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/403612/bah-humbug-whats-your-least-favorite-jesters-festival-quest-and-why/p1
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    recipe
    Violynne wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Looking back, I wonder if he was aware of how valuable this recipe would end-up being in the future.
    Not sure why people find this recipe "valuable". It drops the max health and stamina rates in exchange for a buff in recovery, which isn't helpful to me.

Granted, the two hour timer is great, but not worth the tradeoff to me.

This recipe is all a stamina user needs:
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/itemLink.php?&itemid=68247&quality=3

It's cheaper, too. :)

DCT for BONEPIRATE i think.... also look at the ingredients.. no BEVEZ juice BS
    Edited by QuebraRegra on April 2, 2018 7:27PM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had fun. It was my first Jester's event. I lucked out and got 1 throne recipe which I learned and was able to get the achieve.

The double XP was nice on my lower level alts and they all got a level or two from it.

My NB's always eat the braised rabbit blue food so learning the throne was only for the achieve for me.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going 0 for 74 on repeatable, mind-numbingly boring quests while enduring load-screens and waiting for NPCs to render all for it to end without a sniff of Dubious Camoran Throne makes for a pathetic experience. Oh, and 100,000 of my gold in someone else's pocket because you decided to lock access to an important stamina recipe behind a limited time, once a year event was a great parting middle-finger.

I don't get why people who make games continue to value RNG over all else. Come up with some middle-ground that combines RNG luck with grinding accomplishment (tokens, for instance). It feels good to get lucky, and if you don't then it also feels good to accomplish something you've worked towards. Implement both in instances like this so all players can actually enjoy your events.

People who make games hate rng. Despise rng. Beyond your comprehension. (at least, in my experience)
    People that SELL games, love asking/paying/ordering people that make games to incorporate rng.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I did it every day in seven characters mind numbingly boring all in search of a recipe. Didn't even get the scintillating box

if yer on XBOX NA you just won a scintilating box... let me know.

sadly I wanted to farm DCT to give away (fight gouging), but only got a single drop :(
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only had 1 day to do the event and I got garbage. Timing an event during a holiday might be good for kids but as a father and husband Easter is family time for me.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    Regarding the ever-contentious Dubious Camoran Throne, and ignoring whether or not it's overhyped:

Aside from collectoritis, there's no need to actually own the recipe, especially at a six figure price. The food itself costs ~125 in mats per unit, and sells for ~160. The difference between purchasing a stack and crafting it yourself is ~35/ea, at which rate 100k gold effectively buys you 240 days continuous up time - without perks. Given that the food only ticks while you're logged in, realistic usage cases favor letting someone else do the crafting for you if it didn't drop.

(math check: 100000/35*2/24=238... right?)

provisioning is the only crafting skill line I still haven't leveled (hello jewelry crafting)...

buying epic food or drinks have always been super cheap...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going 0 for 74 on repeatable, mind-numbingly boring quests while enduring load-screens and waiting for NPCs to render all for it to end without a sniff of Dubious Camoran Throne makes for a pathetic experience. Oh, and 100,000 of my gold in someone else's pocket because you decided to lock access to an important stamina recipe behind a limited time, once a year event was a great parting middle-finger.

I don't get why people who make games continue to value RNG over all else. Come up with some middle-ground that combines RNG luck with grinding accomplishment (tokens, for instance). It feels good to get lucky, and if you don't then it also feels good to accomplish something you've worked towards. Implement both in instances like this so all players can actually enjoy your events.

RNG is what makes the economy work in ESO.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not to kick you while you are down, but I just looked around the guild traders, it looks like all the cheap ones have been bought up and put back on the traders for 50k+

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to kick you while you are down, but I just looked around the guild traders, it looks like all the cheap ones have been bought up and put back on the traders for 50k+

yup, I was already seeing people trying to buy up as many as possible in chat to get the gouging prices back up :(

I'd luv to see ZOS squash this by mailing every event participant a DCT recipe :P
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »

Name checks out.

On a side note, I picked up several of these recipes for under 50k.

On Xbox here. Cheapest I could find today at a guild trader was listed at 95k.

i'm on NA/PC so you wouldn't have seen mine, but as of about 10am today, I still had one on sale for 80k...and I've sold about a half dozen of the dubious camorans between 70k and 80k during the event...I know that prices will go up now that the event is over, but I agree that RNG is a bit off sometimes...things don't need to be as, umm well forget rare, mythical may be a better word. When I started playing in the spring of '16, I got 2 Imperial motif books within the first 3 months. Now, 2 years later, haven't seen another since...
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, 7 characters did the Auridon quest each day, and I did the other two on a couple characters once, to remind myself that they were annoying. Soo.... 32-35ish quests?

5 DCT, 2 scintillators, 1 cherry branch, 3 coffers. 0 jewels, 0 pavillions
    Already had 2 DCT from last year, so I vendored the extras. And I destroyed the extra memento boxes, since you can't vendor them.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, 7 characters did the Auridon quest each day, and I did the other two on a couple characters once, to remind myself that they were annoying. Soo.... 32-35ish quests?

Already had 2 DCT from last year, so I vendored the extras. And I destroyed the extra memento boxes, since you can't vendor them.

I thought the description said you could put them in the guild store?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »

Name checks out.

i'm on NA/PC so you wouldn't have seen mine, but as of about 10am today, I still had one on sale for 80k...and I've sold about a half dozen of the dubious camorans between 70k and 80k during the event...I know that prices will go up now that the event is over, but I agree that RNG is a bit off sometimes...things don't need to be as, umm well forget rare, mythical may be a better word. When I started playing in the spring of '16, I got 2 Imperial motif books within the first 3 months. Now, 2 years later, haven't seen another since...

Haha, just checked PC, lowest I can find is 91K.

Last year I got enough DCT's to put on 20+ toons, and the price of them stayed reasonable for quite a while. I think the problem is that this year the repricers realized how valuable they were 6 months later.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the description said you could put them in the guild store?

Can't sell them to an NPC. I don't have a guild store.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally didn't care about the event, I was just there for the double xp. Why did it only run for four days?

@Drachenfier

Because the Anniversary Event starts in two days and goes until the 16th. Last year the Jester event was longer and it was almost too much Double Exp with both events (almost a month). I know, you can't have too much double exp, but there does need to be some kind of limit.

Edited by Nestor on April 2, 2018 7:53PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »

Name checks out.

Haha, just checked PC, lowest I can find is 91K.

Last year I got enough DCT's to put on 20+ toons, and the price of them stayed reasonable for quite a while. I think the problem is that this year the repricers realized how valuable they were 6 months later.

Last year's event was well before the changes to sustain made DCT suddenly become interesting.
    Edited by pauli133 on April 2, 2018 7:53PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these silly events, but I can see why others don't. But then again, I don't enjoy IC events for example. Not everything is meant for everyone.

I can't believe you didn't get the recipe, that's wrong I agree. I got 3 recipes, and sold the 2 I didn't need way underpriced at 16k each to help others... although I'm pretty sure somebody gonna resell them. ;_;
    (got 3 out of 6 quests).

I'll have to agree with the loading screens lately, can we do something to make them faster? In fact I was watching a new player stream and sadly this was a big negative for him too.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had fun. I logged in every day to make sure I did the quests, ended up with 3 Dubious Camoran Throne recipes. One I read to learn the skill, the others I am selling.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me Jewels dropped less than Throne. That one I am hanging onto if I need to use it on a different character
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 2, 2018 7:57PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had fun. Got most of the achievements on an alt that had never participated in the festival in the past, and started a new toon and quickly ran him up to lvl 20 in just a couple of hours thanks to double XP. No, I didn't get the DCT recipe this year, though I have it from last year on my main. But I only did the dailies on only one toon, so I didn't expect the RNG gods to favor me that much.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)