The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Your Jester Event Wasn't Fun

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I personally didn't care about the event, I was just there for the double xp. Why did it only run for four days?

@Drachenfier

Because the Anniversary Event starts in two days and goes until the 16th. Last year the Jester event was longer and it was almost too much Double Exp with both events (almost a month). I know, you can't have too much double exp, but there does need to be some kind of limit.

Yeah, kills me to say it, but you're right. I'll loop back to my earlier comment about the festival though. The 3 boxes per character, per day, feels way too restrictive.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Got 2 throne recipes, 1 for my provisioner, the other sold for a tidy 175k :smile:
    Edited by LukosCreyden on April 2, 2018 8:03PM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    I loved the event! It was fun and I really enjoyed the rewards. Best event of them all!

yer a "shill" right?
    *checks for ZOS IP address... always use a proxy*
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    94 boxes an not a single Throne. Fortunately for me I found some kind soul that has listed three of them at 16k and I immediately bought them less than a minute after they were listed. No Jewels, either, but I found a stack of 5 for 50k and bought those too.

So RNG was cruel to me (seriously, I don't need 28 Princess recipes, 19 Jester's Coffers, and 22 Jester's Banners), but hey, at least my timing with guild traders was on point!

But seriously, yeah. The RNG was kinda ridiculous this time around. Even if I think the event's a good idea in theory, going through almost 100 quests and not getting a pretty key recipe was definitely more than a little frustrating. If there's going to be an essential recipe tied to limited time holiday events, I really would like to see the drop rate increased considerably.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on April 2, 2018 8:10PM
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped doing events that weren't passive (plunder skulls) as soon as I got the achievements. They are incredibly boring.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    Ley wrote: »
    Going 0 for 74 on repeatable, mind-numbingly boring quests while enduring load-screens and waiting for NPCs to render all for it to end without a sniff of Dubious Camoran Throne makes for a pathetic experience. Oh, and 100,000 of my gold in someone else's pocket because you decided to lock access to an important stamina recipe behind a limited time, once a year event was a great parting middle-finger.

I don't get why people who make games continue to value RNG over all else. Come up with some middle-ground that combines RNG luck with grinding accomplishment (tokens, for instance). It feels good to get lucky, and if you don't then it also feels good to accomplish something you've worked towards. Implement both in instances like this so all players can actually enjoy your events.

Name checks out.

On a side note, I picked up several of these recipes for under 50k.

On Xbox here. Cheapest I could find today at a guild trader was listed at 95k.

i'm on NA/PC so you wouldn't have seen mine, but as of about 10am today, I still had one on sale for 80k...and I've sold about a half dozen of the dubious camorans between 70k and 80k during the event...I know that prices will go up now that the event is over, but I agree that RNG is a bit off sometimes...things don't need to be as, umm well forget rare, mythical may be a better word. When I started playing in the spring of '16, I got 2 Imperial motif books within the first 3 months. Now, 2 years later, haven't seen another since...

Haha, just checked PC, lowest I can find is 91K.

Last year I got enough DCT's to put on 20+ toons, and the price of them stayed reasonable for quite a while. I think the problem is that this year the repricers realized how valuable they were 6 months later.

then i bet my last one has sold by now, cool...also it was a shorter event, and with that, RNG was an even bigger factor, allowing some to get quite a few drops, while others not so much, and time didn't have a chance to let things even out by the end of a week+ event like last year's was

• efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I went 0-64 I feel your pain lol I fail to see how it is a purple item when I got tons of the others it really should be a yellow
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, 7 characters did the Auridon quest each day, and I did the other two on a couple characters once, to remind myself that they were annoying. Soo.... 32-35ish quests?

5 DCT, 2 scintillators, 1 cherry branch, 3 coffers. 0 jewels, 0 pavillions
    Already had 2 DCT from last year, so I vendored the extras. And I destroyed the extra memento boxes, since you can't vendor them.

I thought the description said you could put them in the guild store?

you can vendor them or put them in a guild bank, but you can't put them in your own bank, at least that's what it was last year...

• terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree. Running the dame boring quest day after day is never going to be fun
  • tuckerpb2
    tuckerpb2
    ✭✭✭
    to me the evens were ok. not great but ok. the problem i have are the BS players that decide to take advantage and throw up one item on the stores for a stupid amount. then when a player does post for a fare price. they buy it just the resell at a stupid price.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally didn't care about the event, I was just there for the double xp. Why did it only run for four days?

@Drachenfier

Because the Anniversary Event starts in two days and goes until the 16th. Last year the Jester event was longer and it was almost too much Double Exp with both events (almost a month). I know, you can't have too much double exp, but there does need to be some kind of limit.

i also read in another thread that apparently, zeni noticed that players generally drifted away from events after getting what they wanted from it, well before the end of the events...that poster also pointed out that so far, this year's events have each been shorter than last year's...

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me Jewels dropped less than Throne. That one I am hanging onto if I need to use it on a different character

i had the same experience...seemed that camorans dropped at least twice as often as the jewels...and surprisingly, they're the more expensive in guild stores

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recipe that took me the longest was the coins. Took almost 70 boxes to find one. But then I got 3 on one character and a fourth a while later.

I ended up with a decent haul but am not looking forward to doing it again without changes.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    94 boxes an not a single Throne. Fortunately for me I found some kind soul that has listed three of them at 16k and I immediately bought them less than a minute after they were listed. No Jewels, either, but I found a stack of 5 for 50k and bought those too.

So RNG was cruel to me (seriously, I don't need 28 Princess recipes, 19 Jester's Coffers, and 22 Jester's Banners), but hey, at least my timing with guild traders was on point!

But seriously, yeah. The RNG was kinda ridiculous this time around. Even if I think the event's a good idea in theory, going through almost 100 quests and not getting a pretty key recipe was definitely more than a little frustrating. If there's going to be an essential recipe tied to limited time holiday events, I really would like to see the drop rate increased considerably.

RNG may have been cruel, but the guild stores appear to have been very kind...<g>...but seriously, RNG needs more time to even out, I believe that was the issue with this year's event RNG...it's like flipping a penny and counting the number of heads & tails...you can end up with strings of one or the other along the way, but eventually it'll end up being a pretty similar number of each, it just takes longer...

• Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if this event was available before or not. But this event for the Jester is my first one. And I dislike it for so many reasons, not the fact that I have to travel from continent to continent.

Is the event itself that seems so incredibly shallow, and banal. The go around doing this stuffs felt so boring and like a daily chore instead of a daily adventure. Let's hope the next event regarding the 4 years this game has come to have, is way better than this. Because man, what a disappointment.

P.s. Best regards.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why it never makes sense to grind an item that can be bought for gold. I agree that something as critical as the DCT recipe probably shouldn’t be locked in an event like this, but that said, you could have just farmed gold for a few hours, bought the recipe, and simply had fun with the event.

To my main point, grinding an unbound RNG item is almost never the most efficient way to get it. Generally, you are better grinding gold in whatever method you prefer and buying said item in the open market.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i also read in another thread that apparently, zeni noticed that players generally drifted away from events after getting what they wanted from it, well before the end of the events...that poster also pointed out that so far, this year's events have each been shorter than last year's...

That makes sense. Also, don't forget that we get several extensions each year, and each one has its own anniversary event... if they don't make them shorter, we'll end up being in an event at any time.

• Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Drachenfier

That’s why a token system for special events makes more sense. People will need to stay engaged to earn enough “tokens” to spend at a special event vendor for items.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes it was.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw you bunch of meanies! Why you telling OP how much gold you got with your extra recipes?! Go gift him one! He already has the recipe so he'll probably go sell it for a terribly high price like everyone else because you know, that's how markets work, but nvm RNG is working as intented when you are the one making the coins!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were the quests the same as last year? Didnt really enjoy doing them ocer and over again last year - so maybe wont be bothered that i couldnt take part this year...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here, sounds like you need this

prepped_0000_29388-12_kft_ed_ct_50ct_kander_1.png?h=365&w=424&la=en-US&hash=61DB984B6E33EE1210B021CCD4ACE62785A58C76

• alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »
    My jester event was loads of fun. I bought new costumes, reevaluated some of my characters and leveled new skills, enjoyed revisiting the Jester Kings-and-Queen, and chatted the whole way through it.

I'm sorry you found it frustrating.

Enjoyed the event, for the 2nd time.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event itself was nice enough, funny dialogue and such.

But I agree and I have said it before as well, ZOS relies way too much on the random reward schedule, something that should have died with MMOs back in the 00's.

I also did 2 or 3 dailies every day on 5 characters in total. 0 Camoran recipes, but about 30 banners and lots of crap. I already had it from last year, but it was kind of bitter not getting a single one, when people still sell them for 50k-100k or so.

ZOS already recognizes the downsides of pure random rewards, hence the trading in group of bound items, as well as transmuting. However, it's time to step it up a bit and not have each and every single activity in this game reward you at random.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loved the chef-pig portion all over again.

The AD and DC portions were uninteresting grinds both times.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    After reading through this thread, I almost feel bad at the 3 x DCT recipes I received. I did the event dailies on 3 characters every day and each was able to get all the recipes to complete the accomplishment.

Sorry for all those who had angry RNG this year!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me Jewels dropped less than Throne. That one I am hanging onto if I need to use it on a different character

i had the same experience...seemed that camorans dropped at least twice as often as the jewels...and surprisingly, they're the more expensive in guild stores

wait, how much can I get for the jewel recipe?
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Going 0 for 74 on repeatable, mind-numbingly boring quests while enduring load-screens and waiting for NPCs to render all for it to end without a sniff of Dubious Camoran Throne makes for a pathetic experience. Oh, and 100,000 of my gold in someone else's pocket because you decided to lock access to an important stamina recipe behind a limited time, once a year event was a great parting middle-finger.

I don't get why people who make games continue to value RNG over all else. Come up with some middle-ground that combines RNG luck with grinding accomplishment (tokens, for instance). It feels good to get lucky, and if you don't then it also feels good to accomplish something you've worked towards. Implement both in instances like this so all players can actually enjoy your events.

Name checks out.

On a side note, I picked up several of these recipes for under 50k.

On Xbox here. Cheapest I could find today at a guild trader was listed at 95k.

i'm on NA/PC so you wouldn't have seen mine, but as of about 10am today, I still had one on sale for 80k...and I've sold about a half dozen of the dubious camorans between 70k and 80k during the event...I know that prices will go up now that the event is over, but I agree that RNG is a bit off sometimes...things don't need to be as, umm well forget rare, mythical may be a better word. When I started playing in the spring of '16, I got 2 Imperial motif books within the first 3 months. Now, 2 years later, haven't seen another since...

I was quite shocked when I had a Imperial Motiff book drop from the trunk under the Stonefalls Jester Pavilion during this event.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m guessing the people on here complaining would have sold the recipe at a fair price if they got extras since the price is so unfair?
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the event is really cute, but I agree with no more RNG
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer