The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Mag blade is too op ( pvp )

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds Impale to be absolute crap?

Best execute on paper. But in practice it’s terrible especially open world. Dodgeable cloak able block able reflectable and scales at 25% and is a slow projectile.

Doesn't even come close to the sorc execute.
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

don't know what exploit is in that video, but that guy threw a flame staff heavy attack in 0.1 seconds after firing the frags.

It's a medium attack, and that's ACing, my friend.

it's not ani cancel, he just uses light attack after firing the frags, that's common. But it has two projectiles just like a heavy attack, the light attack has just one projectile visual

First off, the person in the video is me. Second, the heavy attack animation was cancelled, and lit off early, which results in a medium attack. Medium attacks have the appearance of a heavy attack without the full damage or resource restoration a heavy attack gives you.

It's not an exploit, and I doubt very highly that I'm the first person to ever do this, much less seen by you.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB's do need to be looked at in general

They are the top of all PvE and PvP damage specs with multiple variations (Gankblade, bomblade, battleblade heavy blur build)

Sorcs cant even match their parses in PvE

I'm not saying nerf NB's, but perhaps buff the other classes that need it to be on-par with them

Considering the have the most difficult rotation, and they are naturally one of the squishiest classes they need to be at the top in terms of DPS. It wouldn't be balanced otherwise.
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

They are the top of all PvE and PvP damage specs with multiple variations (Gankblade, bomblade, battleblade heavy blur build)

I'm not saying nerf NB's, but perhaps buff the other classes that need it to be on-par with them

Considering the have the most difficult rotation, and they are naturally one of the squishiest classes they need to be at the top in terms of DPS. It wouldn't be balanced otherwise.

They do not have the most difficult rotation lol

That title goes to magic Dk's, who are also the lowest dps ingame

And what fairy tale told you nb's are squishy? You realize the only squishy nb is one who is a full on gank build with no self heal

Edited by Nelson_Rebel on April 1, 2018 8:47PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And what fairy tale told you nb's are squishy? You realize the only squishy nb is one who is a full on gank build with no self heal

mDKs are trash because they cant sustain their rotation which is what makes the rotation "difficult". But in terms of actual difficulty the NB rotation is the most demanding cause they have to weave like robots.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Best execute on paper. But in practice it’s terrible especially open world. Dodgeable cloak able block able reflectable and scales at 25% and is a slow projectile.

Its so freakin bad....

I wonder if I still have the video of my Impale being dodged 3 times then hitting a guy at like 10% for 2k damage.....I would of been better off using EVERY single other skill in the game.

After that happen I just took it off the bar...

That’s kinda what I was trying to imply. When you look at it your like “This looks great a range instant cast finisher”

Then you actually use it.

It’s like the pump action water guns. You pump them up get everything ready only to have it feel like a hair spray bottle. I’ve used this finisher about 4 times of about 30 secs each time on my 3 Star MNB. It goes on the bar I try and use it then remove sometimes in the same fight.
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    a timed combo'd burst coming from a magblade is not a problem in my opinion. i wish zenimax would turn down dots/hots effectiveness across the board.

in no CP I think they are more balanced. In CP you have characters with so many dots and hots on them their health jumps from low to full almost constantly. annoying really. Personally I like that there is more than one way to deal damage in pvp.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
    Options
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, We've removed quite a few posts that were baiting/bashing. This is a reminder to keep posts constructive (no personal insults/name calling) and on topic with the original post. It is fine to disagree, as long as the conversation doesn't derail. If you have any questions about our forum rules you can find them here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    I thought you were the best PvPer on XBox.....this shouldn't be a problem for your mad skillz.

The problem is i have a magblade too and i dnt want this much unbalance in pvp even if my main class is beneficial from it. Magblade is untouchable right now especially in 1v1. I understand there will always he a best class for this or that. But the margin shouldnt be by this much.

For example what chance on earthhhhh does a mag warden have against a magblade?? ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOO CHANCE.

If thats not a problem for you then keep carrying on i guess..

um... did you not see pelican blow up kena in their first meet of the dueling tournament. Build properly, mag warden is fantastic in duels. And both of those classes struggle open world and outnumbered, so it end up being pretty balanced. As Malcolm might put it, they are great at fighting but not at kiting. This makes them deadly in a 1v1, but open world much harder to manage.
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    Too bad you can CC break tether and just block bow.

Too bad bow uptime is literaly like 80% of the fight its ready so ya stick to basic pve bro this goes
    Much deeper than "just block" the bow will hit u before at same time u break free so no matter what u still gonna get it. The problem is the counter yes theres some counters. But why should 1 class have 50% more damage than every other class by a long shot.

Magblades even got great healing the health literally gets topped off after every swallow soul and weave boom 2k health every second plus siphoning oh man. This class is the most op thing this game has ever had atm. Period. Cloak siphoning soul harvesr soul tether relentless impale along with greaaaat passives this class is the king right now by far.

nah man the spectral bow is slow enough. that you can brake free and block/dodge it. every time.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

don't know what exploit is in that video, but that guy threw a flame staff heavy attack in 0.1 seconds after firing the frags.

It's a medium attack, and that's ACing, my friend.

it's not ani cancel, he just uses light attack after firing the frags, that's common. But it has two projectiles just like a heavy attack, the light attack has just one projectile visual

First off, the person in the video is me. Second, the heavy attack animation was cancelled, and lit off early, which results in a medium attack. Medium attacks have the appearance of a heavy attack without the full damage or resource restoration a heavy attack gives you.

It's not an exploit, and I doubt very highly that I'm the first person to ever do this, much less seen by you.

Yeah that's just AC. Makes me wonder how many people are doing it incorrectly
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    How about someone, anyone, everyone uses Magelight or Evil Hunter for its actual purpose rather than just letting it rot on their bars and then QQing about not using a skill they’ve been staring at for 4 years.

All things aside, both of these skills are a joke when you use it for revealing people in cloak. The NB is an idiot if this spots him. The old radiant magelight had a nice 50% reduced damage from stealth and no stun but they removed that so yea.
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably a fairly old video. You could charge a flame heavy during the cast of shards in the past and shoot them at the same time. Doesn't work anymore though.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about someone, anyone, everyone uses Magelight or Evil Hunter for its actual purpose rather than just letting it rot on their bars and then QQing about not using a skill they’ve been staring at for 4 years.

All things aside, both of these skills are a joke when you use it for revealing people in cloak. The NB is an idiot if this spots him. The old radiant magelight had a nice 50% reduced damage from stealth and no stun but they removed that so yea.
    All I'm saying was going towards a keep lasr night NB tired to get me and a random ran past start spamming flare founs his but.

Another kid while running into a keep throw flares at the door revealed 8 NB coming through.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

mDKs are trash because they cant sustain their rotation which is what makes the rotation "difficult". But in terms of actual difficulty the NB rotation is the most demanding cause they have to weave like robots.

Considering that mDKs are the "DoT class"- we'll never hit 30k in two seconds... unless somehow we can Leap twice? Then again... with the state of PVP and the current issue with Cloak negating DoTs or crit healing through them while stealthed... mDKs have more issues to worry about.

I guess we could always Leap and then use our execu.... nevermind. :'(
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

All I'm saying was going towards a keep lasr night NB tired to get me and a random ran past start spamming flare founs his but.

Another kid while running into a keep throw flares at the door revealed 8 NB coming through.

That's a narrow pathway where you know where they're coming from. In any open spot it's next to useless. The range is just way to short and a lot of the times it doesn't even work when it's in range. Only thing that works with some consistency is detect potions. Having to spam a skill that's useless for everything else and which has a high cost just for a slight chance to spot a bad nightblade is not really a good counter imo. I've never been spotted by a flare, magelight or hunter and i'm not even that good with NB. I laugh everytime I see people run around spamming magelight.
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what other magicka class don't have to weave like robots? DKs also have to do weaving like robots and find time to heavy attack to sustain their resources, so does other classes. Even wardens do weaves. Every magicka class does it. NB does not have extra complicated rotation.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Considering that mDKs are the "DoT class"- we'll never hit 30k in two seconds... unless somehow we can Leap twice? Then again... with the state of PVP and the current issue with Cloak negating DoTs or crit healing through them while stealthed... mDKs have more issues to worry about.

I guess we could always Leap and then use our execu.... nevermind. :'(

The comment you quoted was about PVE, not PVP.

For PVP burst, we are talking about looking purely on tooltips. In terms of actual dmg and how easy it is to push that burst, mDK isnt exactly in a good spot but if we are looking at just tooltips even mDK can push those numbers. Flame lash, leap, power lash while flames of oblivion and dots ticking, maybe a heavy attack or a skoria proc if you are lucky and 30k isnt exactly far fetched number, again if you are just looking at tooltips.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Best execute in this game is the sorc finisher imo.

Which is dodgeable, blockable and cloakable as well and only hated because it has that 4 s window and might proc Implosion.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And what other magicka class don't have to weave like robots? DKs also have to do weaving like robots and find time to heavy attack to sustain their resources, so does other classes. Even wardens do weaves. Every magicka class does it. NB does not have extra complicated rotation.

I dont think you understand. No, its not the same. Weaving on magblade is far more important. If your weaves are not on point with other classes sure you will lose some dmg but its really not the end of the world. If your weaves are not on point on magblade, ur DPS is making a free fall. Light attacks and spectral bow procs which need light attacks to proc are their 2 highest sources of dmg. They are like 35% of their overall DPS. If you cant weave properly then you may as well not play magblade at all cause at that point you'll probably get higher numbers with other classes. So yeah, their rotation is far more demanding and they literally need to weave like robots.
    Options
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both have a horribly low radius and you will be out of stamina before you find anything with Evil Hunter.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      Options
    1. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't mind that Magblade is slippery, I feel like that is their class identity.

Stamblades get a little ridiculous with Cloak, Shadow Image, Roll dodge, force crit Heals, and Blur/Shuffle giving one of the best defensive toolkits in the game. Anyone that says nightblades are squishy are the real L2P.

Main nerf I think needs to happen is the Defile from Incap should be reduced to 3 secs to match the stun duration, instead of the 6 secs currently. This would still make it an awesome finisher but reduce the ability to keep someone from recovering if it is used as an opener.

This wouldn't affect PVE, unlike a cost increase/damage reduction/etc.
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
        Options
      1. Ihatenightblades
        Ihatenightblades
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Dyride wrote: »
        I don't mind that Magblade is slippery, I feel like that is their class identity.

Stamblades get a little ridiculous with Cloak, Shadow Image, Roll dodge, force crit Heals, and Blur/Shuffle giving one of the best defensive toolkits in the game. Anyone that says nightblades are squishy are the real L2P.

Main nerf I think needs to happen is the Defile from Incap should be reduced to 3 secs to match the stun duration, instead of the 6 secs currently. This would still make it an awesome finisher but reduce the ability to keep someone from recovering if it is used as an opener.

But take incap away or nerf it and they will be useless and will be weakest class by far. Magblade can take a nerf and still be great.
        Options
      2. ArgoCye
        ArgoCye
        ✭✭✭✭
        OP has a problem with high DPS Magblades, but what Stamblades or any stam build spamming Snipe? What about unkillable Wardens and DKs? Or Sorcs that seem to have infinite resources and impossible mobility? Or permafrost Warden bombers that can wipe a zerg single-handedy? Or Templars that can effortlessly outheal that 30K burst OP has a problem with?

Just look at OP’s name - we can’t take what this guy says about NBs serioulsy. The fact is that Magblades can now hold their own because after many years, their best skills aren’t broken.

But the bigger point is, played correctly with the right gear, all classes can be OP.

Options
      3. Witar
        Witar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Name me a class that can pull off 30k damage ( pvp ) in 2 seconds. Il wait....

( tether - relentless - impale ) All while wearing you down with heal debuffs snares immobilizations etc. too op
        I can pull 30k on mag sorc in 1 second. Overload build.
        21bn47d.jpg
        Edited by Witar on April 4, 2018 1:51AM
        It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
        Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
        It lies behind stars and under hills,
        And empty holes it fills,
        It comes first and follows after,
        Ends life, kills laughter.
        Options
      4. IZZEFlameLash
        IZZEFlameLash
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think you understand. No, its not the same. Weaving on magblade is far more important. If your weaves are not on point with other classes sure you will lose some dmg but its really not the end of the world. If your weaves are not on point on magblade, ur DPS is making a free fall. Light attacks and spectral bow procs which need light attacks to proc are their 2 highest sources of dmg. They are like 35% of their overall DPS. If you cant weave properly then you may as well not play magblade at all cause at that point you'll probably get higher numbers with other classes. So yeah, their rotation is far more demanding and they literally need to weave like robots.

And other classes won't generate ults if they don't weave in normal circumstances which consists of a fair portion of their killing power as well. NBs just have icing on top of it. Which is probably why the NBs are the best pve DPS as well while other classes lack extra utility from certain amount of weaving. So. Yes, my point that every other classes have to do weaving like robots as well still stands.
        Edited by IZZEFlameLash on April 4, 2018 4:37AM
        Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
        Options
      5. Mayrael
        Mayrael
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Name me a class who's main defensive mechanic has hard counters. I'll wait.

Sorc - shield breaker. Any gapcloser.
        Templar - defile.

With new summerset DLC shadow image gets buffed and nb's will be able to cast it without a target, so basically nb's get greater range, noLoS, no increase cost bolt escape. But at least strife and morphs will cost now same as force pulse.
        Say no to Toxic Casuals!
        I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
        Options
      6. Ihatenightblades
        Ihatenightblades
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Witar wrote: »

( tether - relentless - impale ) All while wearing you down with heal debuffs snares immobilizations etc. too op
        21bn47d.jpg

A 30k overload in pve is actually weak. I hit 60k overload with elegant and netches and 2 kena. But again you seem confused im talkin pvp bud. Pvp damage is cut in half atleast. If not more. For example that 30k overload wouldnt even do 10k on a player. So ya. No
        Options
      7. Datthaw
        Datthaw
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Dyride wrote: »

Night blades are squishy, you just gotta actually hit them first. They tank by not taking damage, though cloak dodges, roll ddodges and just normal RNG dodge from shuffle.
        Options
      8. Datthaw
        Datthaw
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Witar wrote: »

21bn47d.jpg

A 30k overload in pve is actually weak. I hit 60k overload with elegant and netches and 2 kena. But again you seem confused im talkin pvp bud. Pvp damage is cut in half atleast. If not more. For example that 30k overload wouldnt even do 10k on a player. So ya. No

Lol that picture looks like it was taken inside a keep in cyro so pretty sure he was talkin pvp, plus the target is "malcolm1" doesn't sound like a npc to me
        Edited by Datthaw on April 4, 2018 4:27PM
        Options
      This discussion has been closed.