The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mag blade is too op ( pvp )

• ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Are you people creating accounts just to spread class hate? I mean look at the OP's name

LOL. I read your comment, went, "huh", scrolled up while taking a drink of water, read his name, and now im cleaning my keyboard and monitor.

As for the rest of it. Magblade is under performing if anything. A ranged magnb is a lesser magsorc and a melee magnb is a lesser stamblade. For every good magnb there is 100 bad ones, you usually don't notice they are a magblade because you ran them over so damn fast. The players that are dominating with a Magnb are really top tier players and are experts at pvp mechanics.

and lets be real, if your taking 30K. THIRTY KAY DAMAGE in 2 seconds from a player then the problem is YOUR BUILD. You have to be a level 20 in green gear or somthing. Like seriously, nobody is taking 30k damage in 2 seconds from a magblade unless they are wildly under geared.

Edited by ShadowMonarch on March 31, 2018 9:48PM
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sigh :(

I don't even play a nightblade and y'all are depressing me with this anti-NB hysteria lately. I'm going to be sad if they have to join magplars down in the basement again because a really loud minority of PVPers do so much QQ.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Name me a class that can pull off 30k damage ( pvp ) in 2 seconds. Il wait....

( tether - relentless - impale ) All while wearing you down with heal debuffs snares immobilizations etc. too op

So 60k burst after defense calculations, assuming average defensive stats, and before battle spirit. My magsorc does 112k reliably without an ultimate. This is assuming the execute lights off, since you've listed impale as well. Within one second, measured.

It's not hard to play. As much as you boast on these forums, you should be resourceful enough to figure that out.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on March 31, 2018 9:43PM
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30k in 2 seconds? So basically tanking soul assault?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are people taking this thread seriously? It is clearly a parody thread...
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Skander

Actually, Magblade is one of the easiest classes to make up for your mistakes, since they can use cloak so much. While Roll-dodge can avoid damage, cloak allows you to actually mislead your opponents into thinking you went another way.

But, if that cloak is taken away. Yeah. They're gonna die. Especially if they're only full damage. A horrible, extremely quick, death.

Cloak is a nice unique skill that i dont want removed i only want damage nerfed because its soo far off compared to other classes. For example why run a sorc or mag warden?

I mean if revealed, Magelight, Det pots, Mark, standing in stupid.

If snared
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because NB's currently hold the top damage parses in PvE

And in PvP are by and far the most powerful setup in 1v1's and 1vx's

No class can take out a group like a magblade bomber will

And no class will ever be able to match the burst combination of Fear+Incap

The class has arguably the best sustain and can be tanky with heavy armor while being the only class to be able to wear heavy armor and have major evasion with Blur
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on March 31, 2018 9:54PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Because NB's currently hold the top damage parses in PvE

And in PvP are by and far the most powerful setup in 1v1's and 1vx's

No class can take out a group like a magblade bomber will

And no class will ever be able to match the burst combination of Fear+Incap

The class has arguably the best sustain and can be tanky with heavy armor while being the only class to be able to wear heavy armor and have major evasion with Blur

A bomb blade has to pump so much into actually bombing that they are very easy to kill if you just catch them out and don't group up in a ball.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about someone, anyone, everyone uses Magelight or Evil Hunter for its actual purpose rather than just letting it rot on their bars and then QQing about not using a skill they’ve been staring at for 4 years.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Its very easy to tell the genuine "there's a problem with this class" posts

vs the "I just got killed by this class and I'm very a n g r y" posts

• ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name me a class who's main defensive mechanic has hard counters. I'll wait.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want to meet the NB that set OP on his or her path.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From messing with a magblade, the 30k dps for 2 seconds is fully possible. Kinda wish I kept the vids of it but yeah I have noticed issues where I couldn't understand that well on the aspects of dealing with high condensed groups that well. I would be likely needing more time to figure that one out more. If I had to compare it against my main and nb... my main would be more op and main is a magplar in heavy armor.
    From actually dealing with them in pvp... no I don't think nightblades are as dangerous as others make them out to be. Then again I also know how to stealth attack zergs so meh. I just feel that if you choose to be a nightblade you likely get killed a lot.
    Edited by Armatesz on March 31, 2018 10:54PM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve run my magblade and have a hard time seeing how their described. Yes; they can cloak around in and out and escape, and they have a few burst combo options with ultimates an bow (80% uptime though?) But how they are described makes it sound like melee, ranged, and bomb blades all at once and that just doesn’t happen.

They definitely have tools; but I don’t see any using all them at once and killing Zergs
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they're a bit too strong from what I recall, but it's mainly due to how strong snares are to be honest. Major evasion should nullify any snare in the game.

Anyone that thinks stamblades are stronger aren't in the dueling scene.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name me a class that can pull off 30k damage ( pvp ) in 2 seconds. Il wait....

( tether - relentless - impale ) All while wearing you down with heal debuffs snares immobilizations etc. too op

Account name so relevant
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    stamblades are the problem, not magblades

HaHaHa this
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Mate most of what you make is nerf threads. Please stop.
    Yea he does ask to nerf purge for templars,Zaan,NB templars Dk as the supposedly best player om xbox he make a lot of nerfs threads.He aslo duck duel challeneges so as the best he sounds like a really bad player.

Duel challenges imo are not always the best way to get an actual test on someone, true it is for one way but for some I think a more practical setting might work better... first things first... hope they are not the same alliance as you and have them go into cyrodiil into a certain location. You go there or two extras as well and test him/her out that way. Make sure the location is a location where majority of players won't come to and interfere.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam blades too but they are atleast squishy. Magblades can teleport back and forth just spamming range attacks then boom 30k
    Combo outa nowhere. Its broken

I do the same thing with mag sorc, and mag dk as well tho 24k leap OP and the new meta sorc 2 shot with overload is OP as well :smile:
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ihatenightblades and dragon_killer_hunter, a match made in heaven :trollface::trollface:

Waiting for the marriage invitation, btw...
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think mag NBs are in a pretty similar to the one Mag DKs are in - situationally OP, but also situationally underpowered. I think that the times when it is slightly OP - 1v1 and 1v1 openworld and bombing - are so rare and potentially avoidable that I don’t think the class needs much change at this time. Unlike a Stam MB, MNBs single target burst takes a while to build up.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc: curse>endless fury>dawnbreaker>frags

If all those land were looking at 50k or more dmg here.

And tether-relentless-impale doesn't exist. If anything it's merciless...just shows that OP doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And tether-relentless-impale doesn't exist. If anything it's merciless...just shows that OP doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

I have been hit with that combo plenty times its nowhere near the magblade burst it might hit u 50k but not my build lol.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam blades too but they are atleast squishy. Magblades can teleport back and forth just spamming range attacks then boom 30k

I do the same thing with mag sorc, and mag dk as well tho 24k leap OP and the new meta sorc 2 shot with overload is OP as well :smile:

Ya dude you must be low cp with low resistance i never get hit that hard by leap you doin something wrong.

The problem is with magblades you can have a full tanky build and it won't matter. Thats the difference
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya dude you must be low cp with low resistance i never get hit that hard by leap you doin something wrong.

The problem is with magblades you can have a full tanky build and it won't matter. Thats the difference
    Says the person who was hit for 30k by two none ultimate abilities. Yea your build sucks donkey balls and you should feel bad.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Says the person who was hit for 30k by two none ultimate abilities. Yea your build sucks donkey balls and you should feel bad.

There are certain abilities that can one hit someone. Inevitable detonation is one such ability. Although that more relies on enemy zergs being present and in close proximity.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been hit with that combo plenty times its nowhere near the magblade burst it might hit u 50k but not my build lol.

Theoretically the sorc burst is higher and if you get hit with all of that stuff in one GCD you'll going to just evaporate. The only problem is human error and also your opponents skill level it's hard to get everything to land as soon as curse explodes you are basically trying to time 4 abilities to go off at once while as a magblade you only need 2. But if you just look at tooltip damage frag actually has a higher tooltip damage than incap while curse and dbos smiting together has a higher tooltip than merciless. Combined with wrath the sorc combo is actually harder hitting but not very practical... The magblade combo can be counterd. Because the spectral bow is a projectile you can actually cc break from incap or soul tether and block the bow before you take any damage even if it's fired at point blank range. Most players don't cc break that fast though and unless you are fighting duelist most players don't even know you can do this
    Edited by thankyourat on April 1, 2018 3:40AM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ihatenightblades

Ok bias.

Casual?! Lol.... Yep that's a good one.

For you to hate Nbs so much, U must die alot by them = sh!t player lol.

Dayum look at you assuming everyone dying to NBs are bad. NBs are strong enough to tear apart tanks that survive the other class burst builds. You are as biased as the OP.

I don't think a sorc can do that much anymore even with 0 impen target though with dbos. Meteor would make it possible for sure.

I've gone and defended sejanus outpost by myself a while back and I was fighting zergs after zergs while defending the outpost (note they couldn't breach the door easily or even get a chance to do so) the times that I wiped out entire zergs and saw someone that survived I would highlight them... let them revive their teammates and then hit a few with inevitable detonation and hit the said tankish person with purifying light. They somehow barely survive the inevitable detonation onslaught but the purifying light has always killed them. Eventually hours later they figured out the safe range to actually breach and were surprised that it was only one person defending it.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Theoretically the sorc burst is higher and if you get hit with all of that stuff in one GCD you'll going to just evaporate. The only problem is human error and also your opponents skill level it's hard to get everything to land as soon as curse explodes you are basically trying to time 4 abilities to go off at once while as a magblade you only need 2. But if you just look at tooltip damage frag actually has a higher tooltip damage than incap while curse and dbos smiting together has a higher tooltip than merciless. Combined with wrath the sorc combo is actually harder hitting but not very practical... The magblade combo can be counterd. Because the spectral bow is a projectile you can actually cc break from incap or soul tether and block the bow before you take any damage even if it's fired at point blank range. Most players don't cc break that fast though and unless you are fighting duelist most players don't even know you can do this

No they dont dude nobody has equal amount of burst as mag blade if you think so you haven't had enough experience in game.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    Too bad you can CC break tether and just block bow.

Too bad bow uptime is literaly like 80% of the fight its ready so ya stick to basic pve bro this goes
    Much deeper than "just block" the bow will hit u before at same time u break free so no matter what u still gonna get it. The problem is the counter yes theres some counters. But why should 1 class have 50% more damage than every other class by a long shot.

Yeah, it goes much deeper than just block.

Something along the lines of L2P
This discussion has been closed.