Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

More super easy overland content (at max champion)

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Sevn wrote: »
    OP do yourself a favor and never look for anything resembling difficulty in this game. It will never happen since this game is catered to people that like easy games. Instead think of PvE as an interactive book. If you want good PvE then play something else like monster hunter, dark souls or Bloodborne.

Hey you! Still waiting on that vid of you beating a world boss with a lvl 4 toon, naked with zero cp and a starter weapon! It's been months now, still too busy to back up that claim of yours?

Lol oh I remember that. Honestly haven't played the game in 5/6 months. Guess you're going to have to take my word for it. If you don't believe me I really don't care :-)

Oh don't be silly, I've never believed you! I've just been using your claim over the last 5 or 6 months as to why threads like this with zero video proof should be completely discarded.

No worries, I never expected a vid, kinda hard to record something you never did you know?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m happy with difficulty as it is, for me questing about story not challenge. And Craglorn was just one big messy flop which I pray ZOS never repeat. If you want challenge there are vet dungeons and trials or turn CP off
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP do yourself a favor and never look for anything resembling difficulty in this game. It will never happen since this game is catered to people that like easy games. Instead think of PvE as an interactive book. If you want good PvE then play something else like monster hunter, dark souls or Bloodborne.

Hey you! Still waiting on that vid of you beating a world boss with a lvl 4 toon, naked with zero cp and a starter weapon! It's been months now, still too busy to back up that claim of yours?

Lol oh I remember that. Honestly haven't played the game in 5/6 months. Guess you're going to have to take my word for it. If you don't believe me I really don't care :-)

Oh don't be silly, I've never believed you! I've just been using your claim over the last 5 or 6 months as to why threads like this with zero video proof should be completely discarded.

No worries, I never expected a vid, kinda hard to record something you never did you know?

Lol I think it's funny that you actually think it's quite an accomplishment. I typically only record things I find impressive such as 1vXing or when I got my flawless conquerer back in the day (I know it's stupid easy to get now).
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    I just want to comment that adding more easy overland content (summerset) isn't that appealing to me.

I'd also like to add, an option (buff/debuff) to make all overland content more difficult with an increase in loot quality would be welcome.

Play without CP. Problem solved.

It's literally the opposite of " L2P " when someone ask for a dungeon/content nerf.

Both answers are useless.

Some want " nerfs " because they want to play the way they want, using their hybrid dk and mephala monster set + pelinal. but they can't because it's too hard, at least they can have fun in normal dungeons/trials.

Same thing for those who ask for some difficulty, some creates their own challenge and play without cp and gear like you said, but some wants ( like me ) to keep their gold stuff and cp because it's a part of their char ... and they want the game to give them a challenge .. my self i don't want to play naked just because it's an ELDER SCROLLS, the customization of your char is an important thing .. and i want to have fun with it.

Now please just stop with these useless replies ... I understand that my english is pretty bad ... but I'm sure my answer is more useful than yours
    red_emu wrote: »
    every mob and critter on Summerset should have a one shot mechanic to any players who ever said game is too easy. There. Problem solved!

I want this.

Nobody is going to provide you. You cannot balance overland content. Its downright impossible. What if level 3 and CP720 in same dungeon and fighting same boss ? You cannot even ask ZOs to balance it. Probably ZOs can put handicap tied to individuals so that every NPC can one shot you. Again its players issue and players has to decide whether they want handicap or not.

Or just play naked without a weapon and armor & without CP. Engage in fist fight with boss.
    Environment cannot be fixed for you and never will . Its even too stupid to ask such thing. You are just wasting thread space for what cannot be done. What are you are planning ? 5000g for every quest run in summerset isles from new players ?

Craglorn is managed perfectly.

There is a mixture of easy and difficult content. I'm not sure why we don't have more zones like that.

Right now, every zone in the game is a tutorial zone.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 24, 2018 5:47AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cannot be interested in a game without difficulty you are overly competative and that is a personality flaw that you can treat.

Acknowledging a problem is the first step.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Reset your allocated CP to 0... problem solved.

This is incorrect. Game is easy regardless.

For you and me yeah but that's just 'cause we're too sexy for our shirts...

dz9vt2.gif

Patrick Swayze got nothing on this guy
    Edited by FloppyTouch on March 24, 2018 6:45AM
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One does not encounter a player with 800 Champion Points often. I appreciate your concern and effort ,but you shouldn't be surprised. I am level 28 with Mediocre/Good gear and I find content to be fair. Tis not hard at all, but sometimes not even walk in the park, I was in trouble few times when I pulled few more difficult foes or in particular the world bosses.

A player with immensely powerful setup,most of the skills and highest quality weapons /Champion levels shouldn't be surprised and expect to over-power almost anything with ease.

Weaken yourself.

~ Reset Champion Points
    ~ Remove armour
    ~ Obtain less powerful weapon
    ~ Limit the amount of skills
    ~ Engage even greater amount of foes
    ~ Attempt to stand alone against World boss.

Create an alternative character. Change build. Play as Hybrid. Experience the game from other side.

Edited by Vanya on March 24, 2018 7:13AM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Start a brand new Breton Stamplar and don't allocate any CP. You will soon know the meaning of pain!

yup... i did this for the new toon rewards. though it was an elf magplar. without the cp and crafted gear/pots/food it is no faceroll.

I started a new warden to try out the levelling changes, was going to do a clean start, no cp, no help from my master Crafter, she would make her own food, she would even make her own gear... what I learned is that this game is no joke when you do that... I also learned that I’m a lazy old cat as she had barely reached level 10 before the cp went back on and the master Crafter was dispatched to make some bad ass training trait gear and pile of consumables.

I would love to have something like a scroll of glorious battle or something for quest bosses though, hell, stick it in the crown store, I’d pay for that
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland loot needs to be buffed. ESO's loot-game is weak...
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing the group content in Craglorn solo, I found that alot of fun. Especially soloing the group delves
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cannot be interested in a game without difficulty you are overly competative and that is a personality flaw that you can treat.

If there isn't difficulty.What's the difference between reading a book or watching tv?
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One does not encounter a player with 800 Champion Points often. I appreciate your concern and effort ,but you shouldn't be surprised. I am level 28 with Mediocre/Good gear and I find content to be fair. Tis not hard at all, but sometimes not even walk in the park, I was in trouble few times when I pulled few more difficult foes or in particular the world bosses.

A player with immensely powerful setup,most of the skills and highest quality weapons /Champion levels shouldn't be surprised and expect to over-power almost anything with ease.

Weaken yourself.

~ Reset Champion Points
    ~ Remove armour
    ~ Obtain less powerful weapon
    ~ Limit the amount of skills
    ~ Engage even greater amount of foes
    ~ Attempt to stand alone against World boss.

Create an alternative character. Change build. Play as Hybrid. Experience the game from other side.

We want content that is more challenging. Not more annoying/daunting.Seems to be teh point that everyone arguing take off your armor/cp misses.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS once tried a harder zone: the old Craglorn, and it failed. Only a very small % of the player base play that content back then. Imperial sewer also failed. It mostly empty now. So do battle ground. ZOS learned from that. The "zone bosses a bit more challenge with daily that reward motif and the rest are easy" style success with Worthgar and they copy it for later DLCs/chapters.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Odnoc wrote: »
    Stop playing meta?

Equipping set pieces and allocating CP points is not meta. And Im not doing new content naked or spending tens of thousands of gold every week to disable/enable my CP.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We want content that is more challenging. Not more annoying/daunting.Seems to be teh point that everyone arguing take off your armor/cp misses.

You want that, there is no "we". I certainly don't want overland to be more challenging.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Elvent
      Elvent
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

You want that, there is no "we". I certainly don't want overland to be more challenging.

Agree with you, Kendaric. I also don’t want that.
    • srfrogg23
      srfrogg23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      If they add an optional “hardmode” to the overland content, I would really like to see the metrics on the number of people that asked for it, but didn’t use it.
    • MehrunesFlagon
      MehrunesFlagon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

Quite honestly I'm starting to really not give a *** at this point.
    • potirondb16_ESO
      potirondb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Jade1986 wrote: »
      Reset your allocated CP to 0... problem solved.

^this.

the way you play any content is your choice....

you have the option to remove all skills, attributes and cp.

ain't nobodies fault but yours.

I wouldnt go that far....It is really a shared responsibility.

how so?

it's up to you how you allocate attributes, skills and cp. the gear you use and the pots/food/drink you use.

it's up to you...

Lolll I hate those kind of reasoning so much, I had to jump in :smile

First, I don't feel like overland should be all that harder because overall a lot of player aren't that efficient at playing the game and often overland is their safe zone where they like to spend time so I would not create an over competitive environment in there because I want them to have a place within the community.

Is it the only reason tho ? No, I also don't want overland to be harder because I think there's a real discussion that need to be held regarding difficulty itself and what it should allow you to do or to get and that also include jewel crafting. Because at some point, we have to agree with the people who believe you should kill your CP, get terrible gear/food/SP/resource combination and have fun with the game. Why ? Why should we agree ? because there ain't much to gain from achieving more difficult stuff overall anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I don't say there ain't any, because that would mean I don't like all my cool looking skin and all those neat achievement title, but at the same time they are mostly cosmetic and not that much helping me progression wise, so as far as any debate should go I think we should start it there. If more difficulty mean gaining access to a wider range of cosmetic, then ok, I'm down for it but don't add more difficulty inside the game and just ask the player to tune down their setup when they've achieve what they want. Why ? because the crafting system does a terrific job at limiting the difference between hard content achiever and regular content achiever. Which means that if doing harder stuff doesn't help you much in your progression then you should probably just don't feel any progression and that is, in my opinion, the logic behind the new DLC dungeon which are really easy unless you want the cosmetic and start doing the HM.

SO yeah, unless I start to consider the special weapon system, progression wise, there's nothing to gain from more difficulty and when I said nothing, I do meant very little, because gold jewellery is a thing but it is overrated. So again I don't see why we should bother to ask for harder stuff inside the game if the crafting system is going to cancel that achievement in the long run or if the achievement itself isn't meaningful enough to be link to any cosmetic. So yeah, at the moment, don't add difficulty but evaluate the line you want to create as far as what to expect from harder content.

For the record, I believe there has to be a way to give meaning to harder content which isn't going to be cancel by the crafting system and that isn't going to whether it is by giving unique Glyph, unique traits or even unique Set Bonus etc, and once we get that inside the game as a regular-feature then we could start thinking about Hellzone as there was inside TSW* because at the moment I would not want to do it since there would be nothing to gain from it. So yeah, for now doing the opposite of what your learning curves tells you to do in order to increase difficulty is probably the way to go.... /Shame

* For reference they were design spot within regular zone where you had to be maxlevel and build as a pro to go in and where you could receive special reward that were not find anywhere else.

Edited by potirondb16_ESO on March 24, 2018 3:35PM
    • rustic_potato
      rustic_potato
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Being competitive is a personality flaw? I guess that makes sense since we live in the world of participation trophies and handouts.

A vet mode to overland is the solution to this problem. Those you want to light attack their way to completion could do their thing and those who want to challenge their min maxed builds can enjoy the vet mode.
      I play how I want to.

• Sevn
      Sevn
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Being competitive is a personality flaw? I guess that makes sense since we live in the world of participation trophies and handouts.

A vet mode to overland is the solution to this problem. Those you want to light attack their way to completion could do their thing and those who want to challenge their min maxed builds can enjoy the vet mode.

While I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with his statement, he said overly competitive.
      There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
      -Hemingway
    • rustic_potato
      rustic_potato
      ✭✭✭✭✭

While I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with his statement, he said overly competitive.

Well it is completely subjective on how you define it. What I consider normal level of competitiveness could be considered "overly" competitive by someone who has no competitiveness. And could be considered passive by someone who is more competitive. Competition breeds innovation and progress. There should not be a limit to it.
      I play how I want to.

• Sevn
      Sevn
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it is completely subjective on how you define it. What I consider normal level of competitiveness could be considered "overly" competitive by someone who has no competitiveness. And could be considered passive by someone who is more competitive. Competition breeds innovation and progress. There should not be a limit to it.

It also breeds toxicity and overly aggressive reactions. Pros and cons in all things.
      -Hemingway
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

It also breeds toxicity and overly aggressive reactions. Pros and cons in all things.

toxicity and overly agressive reactions can breed everywhere...you can say the same about casual gameplay.
      Noobplar
    • Apherius
      Apherius
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Apherius wrote: »
      Domander wrote: »
      I just want to comment that adding more easy overland content (summerset) isn't that appealing to me.

I'd also like to add, an option (buff/debuff) to make all overland content more difficult with an increase in loot quality would be welcome.

Play without CP. Problem solved.

It's literally the opposite of " L2P " when someone ask for a dungeon/content nerf.

Both answers are useless.

Some want " nerfs " because they want to play the way they want, using their hybrid dk and mephala monster set + pelinal. but they can't because it's too hard, at least they can have fun in normal dungeons/trials.

Same thing for those who ask for some difficulty, some creates their own challenge and play without cp and gear like you said, but some wants ( like me ) to keep their gold stuff and cp because it's a part of their char ... and they want the game to give them a challenge .. my self i don't want to play naked just because it's an ELDER SCROLLS, the customization of your char is an important thing .. and i want to have fun with it.

Now please just stop with these useless replies ... I understand that my english is pretty bad ... but I'm sure my answer is more useful than yours
      red_emu wrote: »
      every mob and critter on Summerset should have a one shot mechanic to any players who ever said game is too easy. There. Problem solved!

I want this.

Nobody is going to provide you. You cannot balance overland content. Its downright impossible. What if level 3 and CP720 in same dungeon and fighting same boss ? You cannot even ask ZOs to balance it. Probably ZOs can put handicap tied to individuals so that every NPC can one shot you. Again its players issue and players has to decide whether they want handicap or not.

Or just play naked without a weapon and armor & without CP. Engage in fist fight with boss.
      Environment cannot be fixed for you and never will . Its even too stupid to ask such thing. You are just wasting thread space for what cannot be done. What are you are planning ? 5000g for every quest run in summerset isles from new players ?

Damn again ? I just said that i DIDN'T WANTED to play naked without all these tools. Some create their own challenge ... Some want the game to give them a challenge.

For group dungeons they just need to add new difficulty tiers, then make boss animations faster, increase boss health and damage ect... But it's another discussion cause we are talking about Overland.

for Overland, let's take an example: World-boss, if there is more than 5 players, boss health and damage should increase proportionally to the number of players.
      you see what i mean ? pretty difficult to explain, i think overland should scale on the number of players, this would prevent all these " farmers " that make the content faceroll easy.
      Of course i don't mean that if there are 2 players doing an World Boss, then the World Boss should be 2 times harder ... of course not, that's why I specified " more than 5 players ".

With Summerset, like Morrowind, we will probably see bunch of player doing World Boss ... and these world boss will probably die instantly without the possibility to show what they can do ( like the World boss in Clockwork city, always wondered if he had some cool animation except the one he does when he dies) naked or not this won't change anything. I mean ... it's a WORLD BOSS ... it should last at least 30 seconds.

If you could say me why the hell you are talking about quest rewards, this would be cool.
      Edited by Apherius on March 24, 2018 9:48PM
    • CompM4s
      CompM4s
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It would be awesome to have a vet instance.
    • Synthwavius
      Synthwavius
      ✭✭✭✭
      I will never understand why red circles are in this game. It would be quite a challenge to play game without them and learn bosses/mobs mechanics. But oh well I used to play Vindictus a lot in the past and I will always miss masochistic gameplay in other mmos
    • Sevn
      Sevn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Destruent wrote: »

toxicity and overly agressive reactions can breed everywhere...you can say the same about casual gameplay.

Sure, if you say so, though I can't remember the last time I saw a casual teabag an npc or send hateful messages to the npc because they lost a battle.

Are you seriously going to deny that these things don't happen on a regular basis in PvP modes? Whatever, it's irrelevant.
      -Hemingway
    • programcanaan
      programcanaan
      ✭✭✭
      Having optimal gear and levels and complaining something is easy... hmmmm
    • Sevn
      Sevn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Having optimal gear and levels and complaining something is easy... hmmmm

Stop it, they worked hard for that gear and should be able to use it! Why on earth would you good folks suggest they nerf themselves when they can ask Zos to spend time and resources to do what they refuse to do!

It's not like buffing the npc's and nerfing oneself equals out to the same thing.

In all seriousness, Zos is not going to do any of that time consuming and resource draining suggestions folks are throwing out. The best thing you can expect is an artificial buff to npc's health and damage output which can be achieved by ta da, nerfing oneself. Worst case is they'll simply nerf all players. Thanks for that.

I can't understand folks that dismiss that this is a business and they make business decisions that are financially beneficial to their business. Making a completely new "vet" instance for a tiny fraction of hardcore gamers, for free I might add is not one of them.

I mean damn, they won't even balance PvP and pve separately because it would be too much work if my memory serves me correctly, you all really believe that they've any interest in creating new vet zones? Good luck with that...
      Edited by Sevn on March 25, 2018 6:02AM
      -Hemingway