The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templar Jabs & Puncturing Sweep Delay

AyeshaBelladonna
AyeshaBelladonna
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the patch Monday I, and several guild mates, have had an issue with there being a delay in the response of jabs/sweep. after a hit or two of them they suddenly pause. no amount of hitting the skill button will get them to respond, then they strike again, then they pause. nothing hits and animation. if you then walk away from the fight and wait, you will hear the SNAP noise of the strike and see 3 dmg #'s pop up suddenly. (if you have the in-game ui Combat Text on) even on dead bodies. My friends and i ran several tests. we took of individual set pieces to stop gear proc animations. We tried with and without AOE and DOT's. It ALMOST acts like lag we have experienced in cyrodial only this is happening EVERYWHERE. in dungeons, at zone world bosses, in duels, everywhere we fight things bigger than a skeeter. mobs, solo targets, nothing seems to make a difference. @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I know the issue was screen shot and posted in another thread showing the damage numbers popping up over a dead npc, but the poster made no mention of the skill pause. they are tied together. PLEASE HELP! I submitted a bug report yesterday in game and have not received a response yet.
NA EP CP1200+
Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is making all of my templars pretty much unplayable. more and more of my guilds are complaining of the issue.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is no-one else experiencing this besides my guild?
    NA EP CP1200+

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I experience this as well, but it's not new. This has been happening as long as I can remember. It's also more of a problem with dual wield weapons than any other type. I don't think ZOS plans on addressing it, sorry. :(
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to my templar since Monday as well. It's very annoying. Absolutely no other issues with other characters or skills or lag, only puncturing sweeps messing up.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Yes I experience this as well, but it's not new. This has been happening as long as I can remember. It's also more of a problem with dual wield weapons than any other type. I don't think ZOS plans on addressing it, sorry. :(

see, i have ran dw since i can't even remember, and since game launch i have never had this issue. not like this. maybe once in a while sure- but my templars are completely unusable now.

except pvp lag, I've NEVER had it this bad.
    NA EP CP1200+

• incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not only templar related issue I reckon, there are indeed some big issues since last maintenance

Here's mine https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/398068/gliding-bug-slowed-combat-feels-non-responsive-at-times-and-so-slow-skills-dont-go-off#latest
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me aswell with Jabs, really messes me up in raids.
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening to me. It is only recent as of the last patch.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it gets totally unbearable and you have to drop sweeps (like everyone with high ping), check out this shameless plug of a build video for a DPS ranged MagPlar with no sweeps.

Ideally sweeps would work, but second best option maybe.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. My Templar on a Test Dummy today showing just this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRrJZIwSBuI
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_GaryA , @ZOS_BillE Anyone? Are you guys aware of this? is it being investigated? I still haven't gotten a reply for my bug ticket, this is a HUGE concern to magplars in particular and a fairly big issue for stapler melee builds as well. CAN we play without the main templar skill? sure, i guess if we wanted to redo our builds we could but we shouldn't have to. This can't be an intended delay. Some sort of feedback please ZOS team!
    NA EP CP1200+

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Monday’s patch screwed up a lot of things. There’s a few threads about it. As I’ve mentioned in other threads I’ve had jabs hitting me out of thin air after the Templar was killed. For a number of people PvP has been an absolute mess.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Monday’s patch screwed up a lot of things. There’s a few threads about it. As I’ve mentioned in other threads I’ve had jabs hitting me out of thin air after the Templar was killed. For a number of people PvP has been an absolute mess. Really hope they know what went wrong and are fixing it on Monday.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only seems to happen when spamming jabs which you shouldn't be doing anyway. But yeah definitely need to be fixed.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

I noticed a lot of weird/laggy behavior on my templar, specific pertaining to the daedric spear
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here on my Templar. Will edit if guildies has the same problem too.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Oh, I guess I'm not the only one... I use DW on my Templar and I have these lag fits where I can spam Jabs and Not hit a single Mob in the crowd... it is very disappointing not to mention embarrassing getting killed in a Normal dungeon in front of Noobs with 100s of CP and full sets between us...

Sometimes I feel like they break *** on purpose because IDK how anyone can be this incompetent... Anytime they "Fix" something, 5 more things need Fixed break.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »
    It only seems to happen when spamming jabs which you shouldn't be doing anyway. But yeah definitely need to be fixed.

Yes, you SHOULD be spamming that skill. large mob takedowns in particular. is it your only skill? no. but is it a skill you should be able to spam 3-4 times in a rotation? yes. Either way. its Broke af right now.
    NA EP CP1200+

• cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget about the massive damage nerf due to double dipping defensive CP stars in PvP either. Refer to the "Fix Templars" thread in the PTS forum for details.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huh, and here I thought it was lag.

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me It almost seems to me like the server is loosing track of the target for a second or two or a mini-lag. I've also noticed that the target will stand there with a partial health bar, if you stop trying to hit them you will notice that they will eventually just fall over dead because you have already done enough damage to kill them it just takes them a second to realize they are dead.

It acts like a short version of when the server use to loose where you are and you could walk around for a couple of minutes but coulndn't interact with anything, but rather than your server connection crashing, this seems to recover after a second or two and you can continue playing.
    Edited by Casdha on March 1, 2018 6:01AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same issue a lot, you sweep and enemy just stand there, then he dies a second later.
    Thought it was lag first.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've noticed this problem too, I thought I was lagging even though my FPS was 60 and latency 67. Thanks for reporting, I can now be sure this problem is not on my end.

I hope this gets fixed.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me with jabs. Also a few people in russian community experienced this. Some people say that breath of life is broken as well - not healing people as it should.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    Its been a little weird - As a stamblade I cloak away and 2-3 seconds later the final part of the jabs hits me even when the Templar is far away. Its like delayed or the damage is teleporting.
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Arieark
    Arieark
    ✭✭
    Same here.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like ZoS forgot to remove the "nerf Templar" alogarhythm
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Arieark
    Arieark
    ✭✭
    lol
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many stuff broke this patch, leap doesn't work half of the time, dawnbreaker too.

health desyncs happen a lot more, and now I hear templars are bugged again.

Guess who is not suprised at all?
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 1, 2018 12:30PM
  • Beodamacsa
    Beodamacsa
    ✭✭✭
    Same can't use the skill due to the bug.