The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bye Warden

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    Um... Yeah...

If you're running a non-gank medium armor build (even gank)

Yeah you've gimped yourself.

Are you guys seriously gonna try and argue medium isn't weak AF right now?

Lol

Did Trump ban new build ideas or what is wrong on the NA server?
    Lots of people are running medium with brass or pariah because heavy armor isn't that good as people think it is.
    Medium has much better sustain, more damage, better survivability with shuffle and access to rally and more dodge rolls while having equal resistances.

Heavy armor is a noob trap most of the time for pugs who saw an old vid or reading how op heavy is/was

Lol seeing as I have one of the Very first Brass builds published.... I know all about every set up.

And seeing as I did the math for Pariah like a year ago (check my history - posted the math prior to the balance nerf, can even ask @Lexxypwns )

(And yes people argued with me then - like now, but guess who's right again?)

So again, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Medium is weak AF.

Soul Assault nerf forums are additional information proving my point.

Only glass cannon gank ish builds run medium, and when they die they make nerf posts.

No need to nerf abilities when Medium could just get buffed

Warden birds were overperfoming against medium and heavy. They are a simple FU stam player.
    Try to run away? Eat my birds every .6 seconds for 4-5k
    Block them an wait? Eat Shalks through block and die because nothing can kill me 1v1 or get swarmed by my zerg

The medium builds were crap a year ago but heavy was completely overperfoming back then with the passive changes to heavy medium isn't that far behind and for open world where you LoS medium wins in most situations due to shuffle, rally burst heal, more damage, more regen and cheaper skills.

Fair assessment. Except that with dodgeable birds there’s no reason to run that over force pulse which then means wardens can only outsustain people who aren’t potatoe

for stamwarden i have no worries that they will still completely dominate in pvp. :trollface:

I guess Magwarden loses some of ist zerg potential but in 1v1 they are still damn strong and can't eye roll medium builds anymore.
    As i said Wardens are a badly designed class that Needs an complete overhaul.

There’s nothing strong about mag warden offensively other than bear in a 1v1 now that fletcher scaling is fixed and Racer is dodgeable.

Force pulse is ~67% the damage of Racer and crushing is even less.

Shadow Image is fixed on PTS tho so I’m going back to mageblade, dropped a 17k will crit on someone yesterday and he didn’t even see it coming

Nothing? Rather unimaginative considering how strong shalk can be when landed.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Um... Yeah...

If you're running a non-gank medium armor build (even gank)

Yeah you've gimped yourself.

Are you guys seriously gonna try and argue medium isn't weak AF right now?

Lol

Did Trump ban new build ideas or what is wrong on the NA server?
    Lots of people are running medium with brass or pariah because heavy armor isn't that good as people think it is.
    Medium has much better sustain, more damage, better survivability with shuffle and access to rally and more dodge rolls while having equal resistances.

Heavy armor is a noob trap most of the time for pugs who saw an old vid or reading how op heavy is/was

Lol seeing as I have one of the Very first Brass builds published.... I know all about every set up.

And seeing as I did the math for Pariah like a year ago (check my history - posted the math prior to the balance nerf, can even ask @Lexxypwns )

(And yes people argued with me then - like now, but guess who's right again?)

So again, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Medium is weak AF.

Soul Assault nerf forums are additional information proving my point.

Only glass cannon gank ish builds run medium, and when they die they make nerf posts.

No need to nerf abilities when Medium could just get buffed

Warden birds were overperfoming against medium and heavy. They are a simple FU stam player.
    Try to run away? Eat my birds every .6 seconds for 4-5k
    Block them an wait? Eat Shalks through block and die because nothing can kill me 1v1 or get swarmed by my zerg

The medium builds were crap a year ago but heavy was completely overperfoming back then with the passive changes to heavy medium isn't that far behind and for open world where you LoS medium wins in most situations due to shuffle, rally burst heal, more damage, more regen and cheaper skills.

Fair assessment. Except that with dodgeable birds there’s no reason to run that over force pulse which then means wardens can only outsustain people who aren’t potatoe

for stamwarden i have no worries that they will still completely dominate in pvp. :trollface:

I guess Magwarden loses some of ist zerg potential but in 1v1 they are still damn strong and can't eye roll medium builds anymore.
    As i said Wardens are a badly designed class that Needs an complete overhaul.

There’s nothing strong about mag warden offensively other than bear in a 1v1 now that fletcher scaling is fixed and Racer is dodgeable.

Force pulse is ~67% the damage of Racer and crushing is even less.

Shadow Image is fixed on PTS tho so I’m going back to mageblade, dropped a 17k will crit on someone yesterday and he didn’t even see it coming

Nothing? Rather unimaginative considering how strong shalk can be when landed.

Shalk was scary 1v1 as part of the poison pill of Racer whereby you either take big racer damage because you kite the sharks or you block the racer and take shalk damage. Now that shalk s can just be kited with no downside it’s not so strong 1v1
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Mag wardens damage is already abysmal... idk why people think birds hit super hard. With 51k max magicka and 2600 Spell Damage, and 9000 penetration mine are hitting average opponents for 3800 to 4200 damage... thats a joke.

Dunno what to tell you. Maybe don't spam it on tanks then. I've been hit for 4k to 7k all the time and occassionally even beyond in 5 heavy and impreg.

5 heavy and impreg doesn't make you super tanky lol
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact is, warden magic damage is pretty sad already. If you get hit by 6k birds consistently you have a potato build.

@Lexxypwns
    Running BSW+Necro is not enough to say that warden is fine in its current state. Not. Even. Close. Fight a heavy armor magplar and tell me that bsw+necro is giving you 8k crits on birds.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag wardens damage is already abysmal... idk why people think birds hit super hard. With 51k max magicka and 2600 Spell Damage, and 9000 penetration mine are hitting average opponents for 3800 to 4200 damage... thats a joke.

Dunno what to tell you. Maybe don't spam it on tanks then. I've been hit for 4k to 7k all the time and occassionally even beyond in 5 heavy and impreg.

5 heavy and impreg doesn't make you super tanky lol

Never said that it was a super tanky build, just that it surprises me that people can't seem to land birds for more than 3-4k when a comparably defensive set up eats them for more. L2Read "lol".
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on February 6, 2018 7:29PM