Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Helping make unique builds.

DocFrost72
DocFrost72
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
As title suggests, I'm offering to help people make custom builds specced to do specified content while keeping close to the envisioned theme as possible.

Perhaps you want to make a vampire themed dps? A tank that uses a two handed weapon? A barbarian-esque warrior that thrives off of a blood rage for soloing? New player or old, I can help.

Simply tag my @name, and describe what you envision. I'll help you make something you can not only be happy playing, but confident playing.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That market is already cornered by random PUGS
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This!
    You will never beat random pugs. Resto/bow dd build with 35k hp? Light attack build with 11k hp? Easy.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a toon that is specced fore purely stealing ***.
    5 pce Night Mother's embrace
    3 pce Night Terror
    5 pce Night Silence

Khajiit. Every CP is designed or max stealth. Useless in PvAnything content. Excels at not being seen. Sole purpose is to pick your pockets before killing you.

This the sort of builds you're talking about? Or non Meta builds for dungeon content?
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Anything I make will survive a random vet pug, unless the request is for less. Not sure what your comment is meant to mean.

This!
    You will never beat random pugs. Resto/bow dd build with 35k hp? Light attack build with 11k hp? Easy.

The exact audience for me. Turn that 35k hp dps into something that will make you say "huh, cool" instead of "awww, ***".
    I got a toon that is specced fore purely stealing ***.
    5 pce Night Mother's embrace
    3 pce Night Terror
    5 pce Night Silence

Khajiit. Every CP is designed or max stealth. Useless in PvAnything content. Excels at not being seen. Sole purpose is to pick your pockets before killing you.

This the sort of builds you're talking about? Or non Meta builds for dungeon content?

That is one example, but my offer encompasses meta builds for end game pve (typically a link to at least two different guides in addition to my input if I'm not well versed in that specific setup), fun troll around overland setups to fulfill your Role playing dreams, and everything in between.

Main purpose of the thread is I have made a few thematic builds for people before. They enjoy these setups, and some of them I constantly help adjust towards what their exact goal is. Example: recently made a build for someone who really liked the concept of a barbarian (inspiration for mentioning it in the OP). They loved playing one in D&D, and now have a functional 2h stam sorc nord pulling 23k self buffed without VO or maelstrom bow.

Stuff like that is fun for me, and if it helps even one person, cool.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 orc stam dk healer vampire using SnB. "blood feeder", for random dungeon runs.

Though on the real, I was thinking about a magnb nord with 2h sword(for forward momentum) and resto staff, with prisoner rags resto bar. Or maybe 2h with fire/ice staff And then another set + monster. For solo pvp. In light armor. Suggestions?
    Edited by Yakidafi on February 5, 2018 2:32AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    @DocFrost72 orc stam dk healer vampire using SnB. "blood feeder", for random dungeon runs.

Though on the real, I was thinking about a magnb nord with 2h sword(for forward momentum) and resto staff, with prisoner rags resto bar. Or maybe 2h with fire/ice staff And then another set + monster. For solo pvp. In light armor. Suggestions?

Shame you didn't warn me you were kidding, have a build for the former already xP
    5 redistributor, 5 powerful assault,
    2 sentinel of Rekugamz/Troll king

Front bar (s&s): absorb magic, bone surge, echoing vigor, igneous shield, cauterize/invigorating drain, ultimate agressive warhorn.

Back bar (resto): ring of preservation, combat prayer, healing ward, mutagen, overflowing altar, light'light's champion.

PvP I know less about, but will give it a whirl and see what I can get you. May take a bit to get back, but I promise I will.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 5, 2018 2:46AM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Shame you didn't warn me you were kidding, have a build for the former already xP

Front bar (s&s): absorb magic, bone surge, echoing vigor, igneous shield, cauterize/invigorating drain, ultimate agressive warhorn.

Back bar (resto): ring of preservation, combat prayer, healing ward, mutagen, overflowing altar, light'light's champion.

PvP I know less about, but will give it a whirl and see what I can get you. May take a bit to get back, but I promise I will.

Oh, now I might have to try it.. :open_mouth:

The nb pvp I was thinking to utilize the speed with crippling grasp with forward and cloak, not sure if it can even work. Then resto if the burst heals from it is needed or if I can get by on nb overtime heal having la skill as shield. Being sort of melee or maybe not.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm....okay!

Werewolf nightblade tank

Let's see what you show us.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kk another one!

Something effective with lunar bastion set then I will be impressed.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Kk another one!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha @Tasear

I’m freaking dying from laughter right now xD

-False
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Warden Healer. @DocFrost72.

I have my own ideas but I'd like to see what you come up with.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    Kk another one!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha @Tasear

I’m freaking dying from laughter right now xD

-False

Dork let me dream it has a use. :cry:
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a theme based build thread back when the game first started. Figured it would help new players get some footing getting some basic builds tips.

Themed Builds! https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166838/themed-builds#latest
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The nb pvp I was thinking to utilize the speed with crippling grasp with forward and cloak, not sure if it can even work. Then resto if the burst heals from it is needed or if I can get by on nb overtime heal having la skill as shield. Being sort of melee or maybe not.

Aaaaaaand found it! Knew I saw something for this.

http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=20373

I will be brutally honest, pvp I know *just* stamblade and stamplar, so I got a resource for you. I think the best thing is this gentlesir even uses concealed weapon, which you had been considering! If you decided to go range instead, try swallow soul front with light armor ward if you can find a slot.
    Hmm....okay!

Werewolf nightblade tank

Curious, did you see the thread on aggro control recently? I was going to gently remind you I need *possible* builds, but if a werewolf attacked first, they could in theory maintain aggro. Would not trust with beginners though.
    Kk another one!

This one's easy- paired with Rekugamz on a sap tank or templar heal tank with spc! The shield means more spc uptime means your 3 dps team (or healer with now free slot for dmg or additional utility) has a damage shield, heals ticking away under, and great spc uptime!
    Narvuntien wrote: »

Will get you something very soon, I dabble in it myself actually, so this one will be a day at most.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 5, 2018 6:54AM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391895/a-guide-to-aggro

@Tasear

Light attack, bleed, claws of life dot should keep aggro. Should...
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 5, 2018 6:57AM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like elemental builds,

Have a sorc geared up to deal the most lighting damage possible.

DK for flame damage

and...*sigh* even a warden geared up for Ice damage, pretty cool builds.

@Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no market for this, for 95% of the player base seems to chase the meta, then cry when the meta gets nerfed, then the cycle starts all over again.

I play MTGO(and the physical version). I see the same problem...people building the same decks, always the same builds, over and over again. 95% of people with a toolkit for a million different builds all playing the same 20 builds. The problem is that the majority of people aren't interested in building something unique, they want to be "the best", as if that means anything.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam trial healer that can heal vhof, always want to show ppl stam is too op atm.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 Khajiit Sorcerer. I want a build relying on melee weapons and Shock damages. I considered using Torug with shock enchants, or storm master, but it got fixed and it is no longer possible to stack the 5th piece bonus :(
    Edited by Elwendryll on February 5, 2018 3:42PM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

5 pieces Torug's Pact (bow both bars, 4 body), 5 pieces powerful assault, 1 piece stormfist/bloodspawn or domihaus. 1 heavy, 1 light, 5 medium stam enchanted (after you get to around 20k health). 2 stam regen, one damage enchant on eings/neck.

Bar one: Focused aim, venom arrow, soothing spores, echoing vigor, green lotus, healing thicket.

Bar two: expansive frost cloak, subterranean assault, bombard, bird of prey/deceptive predator, bull netch, aggressive warhorn.

"EW EW EW, WHY SNIPE AND POISON ARROW ON A HEALER BUILD?!"

Focused aim gives minor fracture for stam dps (and you), and venom arrow can save a group wipe. Pugs on Co's not taking the hint to bash the dranos shades? Solved. Somebody not sure about how to keep Velidreth from KOing your resser? Solved. Bombard helps non DK warden or sorc tanks keep enemies still for dps.

I'd also run infused bows with front bar being reduce enemy damage and back being crusher, unless you have a tank running crusher. In that case, run absorb stam for recovery.
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    I like elemental builds,

Have a sorc geared up to deal the most lighting damage possible.

DK for flame damage

and...*sigh* even a warden geared up for Ice damage, pretty cool builds.

Glad to hear it! I am building an ice mage warden on my alt account at present :)
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    I had a theme based build thread back when the game first started. Figured it would help new players get some footing getting some basic builds tips.

Themed Builds! https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166838/themed-builds#latest

Woot! Thank you, will check some out myself!
    josiahva wrote: »
    There is no market for this, for 95% of the player base seems to chase the meta, then cry when the meta gets nerfed, then the cycle starts all over again.

I play MTGO(and the physical version). I see the same problem...people building the same decks, always the same builds, over and over again. 95% of people with a toolkit for a million different builds all playing the same 20 builds. The problem is that the majority of people aren't interested in building something unique, they want to be "the best", as if that means anything.

With respect, in the town I'm in we have a saying. "The loudest voices are the ones heard." I would honestly argue by the sheer volume of complaint threads about tanks not taunting that we have plenty of non Meta players out there, but I could be wrong. That said, 5% of what was it, 7 million or so? Still thousands to talk to.
    Stam trial healer that can heal vhof, always want to show ppl stam is too op atm.

While I will happily make builds, I will also be realistic with you about where they can go and perform to standards. VHOF might be a stretch for a stamina healer, especially without a stamina purge. While I won't say the word impossible, you and your trial grup would need big, brass balls to attempt it. Vet dungeons and regular trials though, they scale just fine!
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    @DocFrost72 Khajiit Sorcerer. I want a build relying on melee weapons and Shock damages. I considered using Torug with shock enchants, or storm master, but it got fixed and it is no longer possible to stack the 5th piece bonus :(

Will get to work on it!
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 5, 2018 5:07PM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will get to work on it!

PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391895/a-guide-to-aggro

@Tasear

Light attack, bleed, claws of life dot should keep aggro. Should...

Thanks
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be brutally honest, pvp I know *just* stamblade and stamplar, so I got a resource for you. I think the best thing is this gentlesir even uses concealed weapon, which you had been considering! If you decided to go range instead, try swallow soul front with light armor ward if you can find a slot.
    Hmm....okay!

Werewolf nightblade tank

Curious, did you see the thread on aggro control recently? I was going to gently remind you I need *possible* builds, but if a werewolf attacked first, they could in theory maintain aggro. Would not trust with beginners though.
    Kk another one!

This one's easy- paired with Rekugamz on a sap tank or templar heal tank with spc! The shield means more spc uptime means your 3 dps team (or healer with now free slot for dmg or additional utility) has a damage shield, heals ticking away under, and great spc uptime!

Will get you something very soon, I dabble in it myself actually, so this one will be a day at most.

How does the shield increase up time for spc?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Torags is a magicka set though.... powerful assault is the clear best set but the second set is much harder.

My personal attempt would be.

Powerful Assault, Sunderflame, Troll king/sentinal of Rahauhgaoh (whatever). Sunderflame is a good set and you'd only have to run it on one bar

2 bow/bow

Bar 1: Sub assault, Venom Arrow, Bone Surge, Soothing spores, Leeching Vines, Healing thicket. Sunderflame Bar.
    Bar 2: Ring of Preservation, Echoing vigor, Caltrops, Bull netch, Green lotus, Aggressive War horn. Powerful assault bar

I'd love to use Shimmering Shield or falcons swiftness but magicka is tight.
    Edited by Narvuntien on February 6, 2018 8:37AM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will get to work on it!

@Elwendryll

As of right now I'm looking it a possible "mini hybrid" for your khajiit. The gist of it is centered around giving you utility with both great dps up close and an overload bar for thematic Palpatine style fighting. Currently storm fist, hunding's and storm master dual wield and bow. Will test for you some time soon and show you what it can do!

Hmm....okay!

Werewolf nightblade tank

Kk another one!

How does the shield increase up time for spc?

With a heal tank, your healing is many but low. Anything that keeps the damage from hitting health means that you're increasing uptime potential.
    @DocFrost72

Torags is a magicka set though.... powerful assault is the clear best set but the second set is much harder.

My personal attempt would be.

Powerful Assault, Sunderflame, Troll king/sentinal of Rahauhgaoh (whatever). Sunderflame is a good set and you'd only have to run it on one bar

2 bow/bow

Bar 1: Sub assault, Venom Arrow, Bone Surge, Soothing spores, Leeching Vines, Healing thicket. Sunderflame Bar.
    Bar 2: Ring of Preservation, Echoing vigor, Caltrops, Bull netch, Green lotus, Aggressive War horn. Powerful assault bar

I'd love to use Shimmering Shield or falcons swiftness but magicka is tight.

The reason for torug's is that infused torug's weakening gives the same bonus as mending's 5 piece on boss fights, which is to say you reduce incoming damage to your party by a substantial amount. That said, different approaches have different advantages. My healer would have an easier time keeping people alive but wouldn't contribute to stamina dps like yours would.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will test for you some time soon and show you what it can do!
    I'm really looking forward to seeing that. Thank you so much :)
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be interested to hear your take on a warden pve ranged DD setup, but with no access to trial gear, and preferably bow/bow.
    I am currently using an iteration of alcasts bow/bow on an altmer in 5med / 1 / 1 to keep my Magicka a bit boosted for the few skills that use it, but keeping mainly to stamina.

I'm not wedded to anything really save being an altmer, and I'd love to remain bow/bow, but i know that isnt optimal. I just am not feeling the Magicka warden builds, and really enjoy using the bear.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    If you can save my Stam sorc that would be really nice but I doubt it ps4 na
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will test for you some time soon and show you what it can do!
    I'm really looking forward to seeing that. Thank you so much :)

@Elwendryll First test run (only test run), purposefully using overload for last bit, 23k self buffed dps in a realistic setup. This build will clear vet dungeons and dlc dungeons, even without maelstrom bow with knowledge of the mechanics. This setup could easily hit 25k self buffed single target damage- more than adequate. I recommend only using overload for moments you must stay at range- it does drop your dps a bit. Video, and for those at work, description embedded.

https://youtu.be/beZKAaW2EU8
    5 hunding's rage, 5 storm master, 2 stormfist all stam enchanted, stam and health food, skills shown in the video as well.

CP: 51 ironclad, 20 spell shield, 20 medium armor focus,
    31 warlord, 49 mooncalf, 49 arcanist, 49 tenacity, 31 tumbling, 31 shadow ward
    20 elfborn, 49 elemental expert, 20 master-at-arms, 51 thaumaturge, 51 precise strikes, 49 mighty.

Note, I got 23k first attempt and stopped testing- this build is viable for normal trials and veteran dungeons. Without maelstrom bow, your dps on purely stam should be the same or higher- overload does lower dps but not substantially (as was demonstrated), best used for recovering stamina OR for range when the boss forces you to get some distance (domihaus, draynos, spawn of mephala etc) without breaking damage.

Note: No use of vigor or caltrops. The latter would raise dps if used instead of surge (keeping surge on utility bar instead of dark deal if you're comfy with stam), but this build requires NO PvP! Simple, elegant, shock kitteh.

PLEASE let me know if you have any questions, concerns, comments, or further requests! :)
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I would be interested to hear your take on a warden pve ranged DD setup, but with no access to trial gear, and preferably bow/bow.
    I am currently using an iteration of alcasts bow/bow on an altmer in 5med / 1 / 1 to keep my Magicka a bit boosted for the few skills that use it, but keeping mainly to stamina.

I'm not wedded to anything really save being an altmer, and I'd love to remain bow/bow, but i know that isnt optimal. I just am not feeling the Magicka warden builds, and really enjoy using the bear.

That, I can help with! Give me a day or two- I'll see what I can mold for you, my friend.

Sawzallz wrote: »
    If you can save my Stam sorc that would be really nice but I doubt it ps4 na

Tell me what you envision for it- standard PvE dps? PvP stam sorc? Something specific? Do you envision it as a tank? @Sawzallz

*Edit: This happened to be my 2500th comment xD
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 6, 2018 9:17PM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 Thank you so much, you're truly awesome. I'll get this build together as soon as I can and will test it myself :)
    PC - EU - France - AD