Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.3

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    maybe if we start creating 40 pages threads about it they finally nerf it
    same goes for immovability pots,heavy armor and sorcs shields

whine enough and u get nerfed :p

We started numerous 30+ page threads specifically about mDKs with opinion on what to do and suggestions since the CP system was introduced (nearly 2 years ago) and here we are today with the only thing Zenmiax did was add a 5% increase damage in whip which was meaningless, yet they continue to bring the nerfs.

Then again zenimax just hates the mDK to death at the same time they do not want to delete the class, so maybe you will have better luck by starting a 40 page thread about those abilities. Maybe after another 2 years they will do something about it as they did with that silly jesus beam.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Bakkagami wrote: »
    NirnStorm wrote: »
    Goodbye my beloved MDK, I'll see you again in 5-10 major updates.

Whip dodgeable +
    Searing Strike: The initial direct damage from this ability and its morphs can now be blocked and dodged.

prime example of people looking for things to complain about. The dot for those has always been dodgeable. don't know how many times i've had to triple apply it because of shuffle dodges. the initial hit is negligible so this change means nothing lol.

MDK in pvp uses this for heals. If the initial hit is dodged, I can not only not apply the dot, I also may have to hit multiple times for the heal. So my main source of healing now has two chances to fail on each application. That is the problem with that change.

I know what it's used for, however, single target skills in general are all dodgeable, even those tied to healing such as swallow soul. The only exception to that rule was birds, which was what made it unique when it came out, but was also balanced around having no other utility but raw damage (if arguably a bit much.)
    imo they should have kept it undodgeable but lowered the scaling 15-20% to put it in line with spammables instead of skills like WB
    . This was a fix. Being able to dodge a dk's claw knowing it would mess with the strongest heal is counterplay to a setup that is already extremely strong in a 1v1-3 situation. We also have 5 other healing options in our toolkit that have utility beyond just heals for the most part and phenomenal healing buffs between major mending and easy 100% uptime on a flat 12% increase to healing received.
  • Thlepse
    Thlepse
    ✭✭✭
    Dive is completely useless now. Try to speed the animation up or just buff its damage slightly.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok with all the skills being made undodgable can we now get a cool down on shuffle or at least fix it so a medium armor wearer doesn't have so much up time on dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge?
    Now the balance will swing the other way if not.

Huh?? More abilities are undodgable so let's nerf shuffle?? How does that make sense?
    Edited by KramUzibra on February 1, 2018 4:28PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

I strongly suggest reversing the removal of dodgability on power lash only. As it is the "defacto execute" of the DK class, being similar in function to beam and fury in its reliable hard finishing hit.

It has many counters already; Range being a large one for DK as a whole, but more active ones such as shuffle or FM denying the use of roots in the first place, immo pots/immunity stopping hard CC and even if both of those can go through, if you can break free fast enough, roll, or mist, then you can either ignore the offbalance from normal lash, or normal lash itself, meaning that powerlash cannot proc on target. Adding another counter after both others have been setup causes a large waste of resources into a 3s cooldown.
    As balance, it could instead go back to 5s, or consume offbalance even if it doesn't stun

Embers should be kept as is (dodgable) though, maybe a possiblity of increasing the range to 8m for QoL. Its hard to use against mobile/far targets, for example in HOF platforms it is very hard to use without falling off, and due to having to move from the AOE it is a high DPS loss.

Edited by ak_pvp on February 1, 2018 7:26PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

I strongly suggest reversing the removal of dodgability on power lash only. As it is the "defacto execute" of the DK class, being similar in function to beam and fury in its reliable hard finishing hit.

It has many counters already; Range being a large one for DK as a whole, but more active ones such as shuffle or FM denying the use of roots in the first place, immo pots/immunity stopping hard CC and even if both of those can go through, if you can break free fast enough, roll, or mist, then you can either ignore the offbalance from normal lash, or normal lash itself, meaning that powerlash cannot proc on target. Adding another counter after both others have been setup causes a large waste of resources into a 3s cooldown.
    As balance, it could instead go back to 5s, or consume offbalance even if it doesn't stun

Embers should be kept as is (dodgable) though, maybe a possiblity of increasing the range to 8m for QoL. Its hard to use against mobile/far targets, for example in HOF platforms it is very hard to use without falling off, and due to having to move from the AOE it is a high DPS loss.

Cool I want my reverse slice to be undodgable as well thanks.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »

What dodgeable attack do you need to land first before reverse slice even becomes available to use?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OK, reverse slice can be undodgable. But now you must CC and strike your opponent with a version of it that doesn't deal extra damage first? Dealio? :*
    Edited by ak_pvp on February 1, 2018 8:36PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Are you gonna make all Stamina Nightblades attacks dodgeable too?

They all are already.The only nightblade stamina class ability that is undodgeable is Power Extraction in the Siphoning tree. Everything else has been dodgeable since before One Tamriel, save the UNMORPHED execute abilitity, which COSTS MAGICKA.

Power Extraction is dodgeable too actually (I'm fairly sure it still is, on PTS - gonna test).

Lol please do test. That would be painfully hilarious if the stamblade class AoE was dodgeable this whole time.

I don't think it is though. I think it just has a small radius, but so few slot it that it could easily have flown under the radar this whole time.

Sorry, took a while to test it - it's definitely still dodgeable on PTS & Live. Also tested DW ulti (undodgeable) & Steel Tornado (definitely undodgeable now on PTS).
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

What dodgeable attack do you need to land first before reverse slice even becomes available to use?

Dks don't have executes. This is a needed change. Other abilities that perform similarly adhere to the same rules.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

OK, reverse slice can be undodgable. But now you must CC and strike your opponent with a version of it that doesn't deal extra damage first? Dealio? :*

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, makes sense. Class that doesn't have an execute need its only reliable killer to be dodgeable. Sound logic there. Very sound logic. /s
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • R4B0N3
    R4B0N3
    ✭✭
    Please stop messing with magic dragonknights! The amount of people that use them is already extremely low, they get laughed at if you take them in to trials and they have to be the hardest class to complete VMA... fact but there was a ray of hope when they started to become decent in PVP, I wouldn’t say they were amazing but they were fun and competitive and maybe a little too over powered in a duelling environment but there is absolutely no reason at all to nerf us this hard!

How are we supposed to heal anymore or finish an opponent off? The only semi execute we had was power lash but you trashed it and the heal that comes with it and now to add insult to injury you nerf blazing embers so now we can’t heal at all! All you need to do to beat a mag dk is put forward momentum on and shuffle and a magic dk is literally useless…

Wrobel you are a joke and you need to get fired because you have no idea what you are doing and why no one else you work with hasn’t told you yet is a mystery but you are destroying ESO, you need to quit and get a job at your local grocery store where you can do no more damage to this great game.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R4B0N3 wrote: »
    Please stop messing with magic dragonknights! The amount of people that use them is already extremely low, they get laughed at if you take them in to trials and they have to be the hardest class to complete VMA... fact but there was a ray of hope when they started to become decent in PVP, I wouldn’t say they were amazing but they were fun and competitive and maybe a little too over powered in a duelling environment but there is absolutely no reason at all to nerf us this hard!

How are we supposed to heal anymore or finish an opponent off? The only semi execute we had was power lash but you trashed it and the heal that comes with it and now to add insult to injury you nerf blazing embers so now we can’t heal at all! All you need to do to beat a mag dk is put forward momentum on and shuffle and a magic dk is literally useless…

Wrobel you are a joke and you need to get fired because you have no idea what you are doing and why no one else you work with hasn’t told you yet is a mystery but you are destroying ESO, you need to quit and get a job at your local grocery store where you can do no more damage to this great game.

Don't forget the quad health poisons or resource poisons will make mDK die faster and render them ineffective.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Medium armor dodge roll nightblades just went up a notch in pvp. Dodge is the dumbest thing in the game and they just made it even stronger.

Really? Medium armor is complete trash right now. Most pvp combos involve stuff that makes dodge completely worthless. Block is way more powerful.

The only thing that makes dodge broken is actual cheating, people who actually know how to macro properly(technically also still cheating according to a ZOS comment), and addons like Miats. If Miats is gutted as the patch notes seem to give me hope for then dodge will be much more balanced. Making many skills way to hard to overcome for medium armor if they are undogeable.

Honestly the dodge and block system is what separates ESO from other MMO's and it is a good thing at its core. Everything should be blockable and dodgeble with the exception of ground AOE/DOTS actually. Problem is that it should take skill to do. No perma blocking builds should be possible and there shouldn't be passive dodge chance period. Take crits and all other RNG factors out of combat as well and make ESO a true skill based action MMO.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Dive will need a damage buff and a speed buff now. Making it dodgable completely destroys mag warden for pvp. Example burst combo: deep fissure, bird (dodged), light attack, bird (hit), light attack (dodged), crushing shock. Oh, the opponent didn't take much damage because they dodged 2 attacks... Now you HAVE to wait another 3 secs before you can get another burst combo off and that's IF you don't have to heal or go defensive. Not to mention... NO EXECUTE.

Yeah agreed. Needs a bit of a buff/rework... along with other Warden skills but ZOS can't buff/rework Warden too much since you have to pay for Morrowind to play the class... that would probably get dangerously close to the "P2W" boat. They should just make Warden's a part of the base game and problem solved.

Right. Yes the delay makes the mag wardens burst great, but only if the skills actually land. If they don't land, ie dodged, the delay hurts them SEVERELY. You cant say the delay is a good thing if one or 2 skills are dodged because it makes them have to wait and recast the same burst rotation only for more skills to be dodged. Did i mention they have NO EXECUTE? They dont have constant pressure with dots like mag dks do. And the bear is beyond a joke as an execute.....

The Delay could definitely be lessened but Bow users(Snipe is a laughable spamable outside of ganking) and caster templars(dark flare. Why Sweeps is be all of the class) will give you no sympathy.

Also no pressure for magwardens? Um slot swarm/fletcher infection. It will now proc skoria too. Sounds like too many were using birds as a crutch.
    Edited by NuarBlack on February 2, 2018 7:54AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So power Extraction gets into which category
    Dodgeable or Undodgeable?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    method__01 wrote: »
    maybe if we start creating 40 pages threads about it they finally nerf it
    same goes for immovability pots,heavy armor and sorcs shields

whine enough and u get nerfed :p

We started numerous 30+ page threads specifically about mDKs with opinion on what to do and suggestions since the CP system was introduced (nearly 2 years ago) and here we are today with the only thing Zenmiax did was add a 5% increase damage in whip which was meaningless, yet they continue to bring the nerfs.

Then again zenimax just hates the mDK to death at the same time they do not want to delete the class, so maybe you will have better luck by starting a 40 page thread about those abilities. Maybe after another 2 years they will do something about it as they did with that silly jesus beam.

i feel you man,got 2 mDk (dark elf classic dk and breton my dk healer for trials till mid 2017) using them as mules atm cause there is no competitive place for them pvp or pve
    yes they can do the job but comparing them with magSorc or even magblade they are clearly under performing
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Dks don't have executes. This is a needed change. Other abilities that perform similarly adhere to the same rules.

That is the issue. DK doesn't have execute, therefore relies on other factors to finish. Power lash being a large one. Little other abilities require landing ones before it. Really only will, which deals more damage, is ranged, and can be set up within a normal rotation with weaving.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Honestly the dodge and block system is what separates ESO from other MMO's and it is a good thing at its core. Everything should be blockable and dodgeble with the exception of ground AOE/DOTS actually. Problem is that it should take skill to do. No perma blocking builds should be possible and there shouldn't be passive dodge chance period.

Dodge chance itself is not a problem. Problem is how it works. A major evasion dodge chance of 15% should mean that you dodge one pigeon out of seven and take the other six on your face; actually, you can call it a day when you manage to land one pigeon out of seven...

So, roll dodge should allow to avoid any shot only during roll dodge animation itself, and evasion should work only on a single shot base, without any sort of proc and invulnerability time.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surak73 wrote: »
    Honestly the dodge and block system is what separates ESO from other MMO's and it is a good thing at its core. Everything should be blockable and dodgeble with the exception of ground AOE/DOTS actually. Problem is that it should take skill to do. No perma blocking builds should be possible and there shouldn't be passive dodge chance period.

Dodge chance itself is not a problem. Problem is how it works. A major evasion dodge chance of 15% should mean that you dodge one pigeon out of seven and take the other six on your face; actually, you can call it a day when you manage to land one pigeon out of seven...

So, roll dodge should allow to avoid any shot only during roll dodge animation itself, and evasion should work only on a single shot base, without any sort of proc and invulnerability time.

So basically the way it happens now? Sure, there is small less than 1sec window after rolld dodge animation completes where you are still dodging. I hope I dont have to explain how important is this 1sec in a game where people can cast skills during block and shield while dodge just gets 1 skill before becoming hittable again.

And evasion works only on single shot base and has no invulnerability time.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R4B0N3 wrote: »

Don't forget the quad health poisons or resource poisons will make mDK die faster and render them ineffective.
    Quad damage hp poisons? what do you use to make those? I've been stuck with double hp poisons
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these fixes ? Can poison Inject be fixed now please, cruel flurry bug.
  • Fantasmagor
    Fantasmagor
    Soul Shriven
    Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged.
    It does not do anything, only damage. And you should add to this skill some feature.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

So basically the way it happens now? Sure, there is small less than 1sec window after rolld dodge animation completes where you are still dodging.

It's not small at all, since it allows you to avoid at least six hits instead of one... Come on, I hope I don't have to explain that no one would care of dodgeable or undodgeable pigeons if this would mean - as it should be - avoid or not avoid only a pigeon out of seven. People care because actually it means that, from now, you will feel very lucky when you will manage to land a single pigeon, as it is for other dodgeable skills.
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I want more counter play in the game".
    "I don't want you to be able to dodge my attacks"

Quoting the thread in general - not anyone specifically.

Hrm...
    Edited by Hurika on February 2, 2018 9:14PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So basically the way it happens now? Sure, there is small less than 1sec window after rolld dodge animation completes where you are still dodging.

It's not small at all, since it allows you to avoid at least six hits instead of one... Come on, I hope I don't have to explain that no one would care of dodgeable or undodgeable pigeons if this would mean - as it should be - avoid or not avoid only a pigeon out of seven. People care because actually it means that, from now, you will feel very lucky when you will manage to land a single pigeon, as it is for other dodgeable skills.

What are you talking about. Once dodge roll animation finishes the window is less than 1sec. In that time it is impossible from any attacker to use more than 1 skill anyway.

Pidgeons are totally different matter. As any very delayed projectile attacks, they are impossible to land against any target that out of his free will chooses to avoid them. That is different matter and main reason why I think nerfed pidgeons are absolute trash. But no need to confuse how dodge mechanics work :)
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭

What are you talking about. Once dodge roll animation finishes the window is less than 1sec. In that time it is impossible from any attacker to use more than 1 skill anyway.

Pidgeons are totally different matter. As any very delayed projectile attacks, they are impossible to land against any target that out of his free will chooses to avoid them. That is different matter and main reason why I think nerfed pidgeons are absolute trash. But no need to confuse how dodge mechanics work :)

Mh, so you assume that all the players who dodge 5-6 shots in a row are just very very very [...] very lucky, very very very [...] very often?... Oh well, may be it's just quantum mechanics at work; you know, theoretically a ball could even pass through a solid wall, if it's lucky enough... :)
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

I think he is thinking of what can happen in open world or 1vX situations where it is multiple people firing abilities at the dodger at the same time and multiple attacks, not from the same person, are dodged. Which is what makes passive dodge chance so broken. Cause when major or minor evasion "proc" it does give a slight duration in which all attacks are dodged. The dodge window for dodge roll makes sense though. If everyone fires at you while you are at position A but you dodge roll to position B all attacks fired at you while at position A should miss as they would in real life. And the slight duration after the effect is fairly standard latency compensation. Major and minor evasion should have never existed. They have cause problems for the entire life of ESO with ZOS trying to figure out what attacks should and shouldn't be dodged. It was lazy redundancy on ZOS part to have both dodge roll cost reduction and passive dodge chance in medium armor. Medium probably should have just had the dodge roll window increased slightly and got some sort of effect when they effectively dodged rolled an attack, like empower or set the enemy off-balance or something akin to 2handers empower called riposte maybe.
    Edited by NuarBlack on February 2, 2018 11:01PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think he is thinking of what can happen in open world or 1vX situations where it is multiple people firing abilities at the dodger at the same time and multiple attacks, not from the same person, are dodged. Which is what makes passive dodge chance so broken. Cause when major or minor evasion "proc" it does give a slight duration in which all attacks are dodged. The dodge window for dodge roll makes sense though. If everyone fires at you while you are at position A but you dodge roll to position B all attacks fired at you while at position A should miss as they would in real life. And the slight duration after the effect is fairly standard latency compensation. Major and minor evasion should have never existed. They have cause problems for the entire life of ESO with ZOS trying to figure out what attacks should and shouldn't be dodged. It was lazy redundancy on ZOS part to have both dodge roll cost reduction and passive dodge chance in medium armor. Medium probably should have just had the dodge roll window increased slightly and got some sort of effect when they effectively dodged rolled an attack, like empower or set the enemy off-balance or something akin to 2handers empower called riposte maybe.

Nope. There is no proc on evasion. When evasion procs, only your attack gets dodged.
    But yes, evasion should not exist in this game. And I dont say it as most people do when they complain about RNG. Evasion never did anything good for builds that already dodge stuff and it never protected against undodgeable. It should have been changed long time ago to something better for medium armor (like damage reduction or simply much much longer snare immunity)