Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Add Faction Change Token to Store

trustcotraptb14_ESO
You've removed the faction lock from Cyrodiil already so I don't see why this is an issue at this point in the game.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or just make another character?

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No scrub!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of putting a long, treacherous "defector" questline in the game instead. If you want to betray, you have to work for it! Oh, and prove your loyalty somehow to the other faction - something that makes you feel bad, or shows just how far you're willing to go to back your decision.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've removed the faction lock from Cyrodiil already so I don't see why this is an issue at this point in the game.

wait whut? You still can only play in the faction you created yer character in in Cyrodill!?!?! right...?

explain pls..
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I like the idea of putting a long, treacherous "defector" questline in the game instead. If you want to betray, you have to work for it! Oh, and prove your loyalty somehow to the other faction - something that makes you feel bad, or shows just how far you're willing to go to back your decision.

I've pointed out before, there are all kinds of non-faction races NPCs playing nicely in "opposed" faction areas of PVE. It shouldn't be assumed that every member of every race would immediately align with a given faction.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be a one time thing
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I keep telling people... ;)
    I said it before, I'll say it again...

Rather then an "alliance change token" I would love to see a "cloak and dagger" themed DLC with an "faction loyalty called in question" story, that has a big choice in it - stay loyal to your alliance and find the reat traitor to prove your loyalty, or fu... uhm... forget loyalty and defect to greener pastures. With the second half (or two thirds, or whatever) of the questline being different depending on your choice - either uncovering the one who framed you, or preparing your escape, grabbing some juicy secrets on the way out, etc. Such a story could have a neutral city as "spycraft" focal point (like vienna during the cold war, where spies and agents often went to spy hard between the two sides - for ESO it could be some place between the alliances, or even an post-anchorite-war isle of stirk...), but otherwise take you all over the old faction regions, possibly revisiting a few one-time-only maps with new mobs... and perhaps even meeting a few familiar faces (come on, wouldn't you love to slam a porticullis shut into Razum-dars face as you hop on a boat bound to morrowind with Naryu? ;) )

Such a questline could even have special titles depending on what you choose... "[original faction] Loyalist" or "[original faction] Defector"... and it might have drawbacks for PvP, like... reduced AP gain, since noone fully trusts a traitor... or increased AP rewards if a member of your original faction takes you down, because...
    star-wars-traitor-gif-13.gif
    :p;)
    (there could even be a daily "hunt traitor" mission, and defectors in cyrodil getting an visuel clue while that mission is active...)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think any faction change should include loss of rank and title if the character is a former emperor.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would happen if you just roll another character in the faction of your choice?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had a faction change token, I'd use it to make all of my characters EP.

I've got a Breton Stam Sorc I made prior to One Tamriel who's DC. This character is my master thief, my Silencer, and my main PVE DPS. Maxed crafting, maxed horse, all that. This character is not getting rerolled.

But this character is DC, because I wanted to experience the Covenant storyline before One Tamriel. I'm a die-hard Ebonheart Pact PVPer. So my Stam Sorc never plays in Cyordiil.

A faction change would let me play her in Cyrodiil, because I don't play cross-faction. But I've got plenty of EP characters to play in PVP, so I deal.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20,000 crowns and you get a faction change.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    20,000 crowns and you get a faction change.

This ^^ and more ... considering the ridiculous cost of a simple name change, I'd hate to see the cost of a faction change.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Hvzeda
    Hvzeda
    ✭✭✭

EQ2 had this. Wouldn't work in ESO. Problem is you can not visit the town of any faction so really you didn't make a faction change. In EQ2, when you betray a faction, you could never visit any of their cities and you had to prove yourself to the other faction which took time. Had to kill a crap load of gnolls to raise my faction rating. Then had to kill three named gnolls which didn't spawn often and you needed a tracker to find them since they moved around. It wasn't something that was done in less than a day. Think it took me a over a week to complete this. During that time, you couldn't visit any town thus you had no access to any banks or access to any stores though at a certain point I did get access to some isolated merchants in the new faction land there were outside of the cities I could sell to.

I only did the betrayal once because it wasn't fun running around with a full backpack and all of sudden looting something nice and going through the backpack and deciding what to throw away. Your backpack was your bank for that character during the process of proving yourself to the new faction.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hvzeda wrote: »

EQ2 had this. Wouldn't work in ESO. Problem is you can not visit the town of any faction so really you didn't make a faction change. In EQ2, when you betray a faction, you could never visit any of their cities and you had to prove yourself to the other faction which took time. Had to kill a crap load of gnolls to raise my faction rating. Then had to kill three named gnolls which didn't spawn often and you needed a tracker to find them since they moved around. It wasn't something that was done in less than a day. Think it took me a over a week to complete this. During that time, you couldn't visit any town thus you had no access to any banks or access to any stores though at a certain point I did get access to some isolated merchants in the new faction land there were outside of the cities I could sell to.

I only did the betrayal once because it wasn't fun running around with a full backpack and all of sudden looting something nice and going through the backpack and deciding what to throw away. Your backpack was your bank for that character during the process of proving yourself to the new faction.

You can have your "pocket" Banker now, and in the Outlaw Enclaves and your house nobody cares, so...
    The cost for betrayal could include a "kill on sight" status until you finish the traitor quest and pay the bounty.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it free, lol. :* it's so cute when plp get stuck on one color. :p
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my support you have!
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have one character who desperately needs faction change :/ Not for 20k crowns of course, that would be madness :D
    Recreating is absolutely not an option, because in this case he will just become a mule - a fate which character with lot of achievements, every skill line and almost all abilities fully leveled doesn't deserve.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've pointed out before, there are all kinds of non-faction races NPCs playing nicely in "opposed" faction areas of PVE. It shouldn't be assumed that every member of every race would immediately align with a given faction.
    It's not about race - it's about faction. I can select any race to play in any faction, but I still have to choose a faction...
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I had a faction change token, I'd use it to make all of my characters EP.

I've got a Breton Stam Sorc I made prior to One Tamriel who's DC. This character is my master thief, my Silencer, and my main PVE DPS. Maxed crafting, maxed horse, all that. This character is not getting rerolled.

But this character is DC, because I wanted to experience the Covenant storyline before One Tamriel. I'm a die-hard Ebonheart Pact PVPer. So my Stam Sorc never plays in Cyordiil.

A faction change would let me play her in Cyrodiil, because I don't play cross-faction. But I've got plenty of EP characters to play in PVP, so I deal.

Same, I have a DC char and an AD char from before One Tamriel so I could experience those factions too but I am otherwise loyal to the Pact and have never jumped into any form of PvP on my DC and AD chars. I don't play them anymore because I don't want to be in those factions and thankfully they aren't my mains but I've done enough on them (and with my less play time now than before) re-rolling them is NOT an option.

Come on ZOS, allow a faction change but it needs to be reasonable (unlike your absurd name change cost) but enough so it's not abused. I'd say 2500-3000 Crowns ($25-$30) MAX when comparing to other MMO's offering a similar service. If it's in that price range I will glady pay to transfer both of those charactes to EP. Anything more though then it's a 100% guarantee I won't pay.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hvzeda wrote: »

It's actually where I got the idea from. I did the betrayal quest very early on - back when you had to do it before level 20 or so - and it was quite perilous and tedious. I think they changed it quite a bit after they made it so you could betray at any level and added an exile refuge (Haven) that had a bank and a broker.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want it because I have a dark elf that used to be a breton, so she's now a dark elf that's still stuck in the Daggerfall Covenant. LOL. It just bugs me. They at least need to allow a faction change if people buy race change tokens.

The biggest reason to have it, though, would be for people who play with their friends.
    What would happen if you just roll another character in the faction of your choice?
    Then you'd better have a couple of months of free time on your hands to build up the Undaunted skills again, and gather lore books and skyshards, and level legerdemain again, and do all the same quests all over again in order to get certain passives and more skill points, not to mention the six months of horse training. None of that can be done quickly.

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 31, 2018 9:32PM