The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance Change Token

spisarevski
spisarevski
✭✭
Title says it all. I was looking into the race change token and surprisingly, according to the information from other players, found that faction change is not included. So I figured it would be nice if it is either included in race change or has a separate token for the purpose - certainly deserves one, or both.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I have said in other threads, I would rather they work on an alliance neutral starting system and players sign their accounts up to an alliance per campaign.

So when you home Vivec you choose who your account (all characters) are bound to for that campaigns length, separate faction can be set for your guest campaign. This way players can't switch factions endlessly in one PvP sitting but everyone has a choice to change allegiance and fight with their friends.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler is this something feasible or should I give up the dream?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title says it all. I was looking into the race change token and surprisingly, according to the information from other players, found that faction change is not included. So I figured it would be nice if it is either included in race change or has a separate token for the purpose - certainly deserves one, or both.
    Turelus wrote: »
    As I have said in other threads, I would rather they work on an alliance neutral starting system and players sign their accounts up to an alliance per campaign.

So when you home Vivec you choose who your account (all characters) are bound to for that campaigns length, separate faction can be set for your guest campaign. This way players can't switch factions endlessly in one PvP sitting but everyone has a choice to change allegiance and fight with their friends.

I fully agree with both, you 2 points of views. I do wish it was so, I believe it will happen in the future. Rather it be paid or not. (My point of view) Either way, both are great options.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see an alliance change token.

I would imagine it would only work if the character being used for it hasn't declared a 'home' campaign, and it has a 30 day cooldown between uses.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

This is by far the best solution I've ever seen to the whole alliance problem. Nice one.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked Brian Wheeler this like a year ago in twitch chat , I remember he said they thought about it but haven’t thought of a way to properly add it without complications or whatever. Not the exact words but I know for sure they thought about it and probably still working on it
  • spisarevski
    spisarevski
    ✭✭
    I'd be cool with just about any manner of faction switching. (hopefully not too costly if it's a crown thing) Would love input from ZOS, even if it's vague.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it before, I'll say it again...

Rather then an "alliance change token" I would love to see a "cloak and dagger" themed DLC with an "faction loyalty called in question" story, that has a big choice in it - stay loyal to your alliance and find the reat traitor to prove your loyalty, or fu... uhm... forget loyalty and defect to greener pastures. With the second half (or two thirds, or whatever) of the questline being different depending on your choice - either uncovering the one who framed you, or preparing your escape, grabbing some juicy secrets on the way out, etc. Such a story could have a neutral city as "spycraft" focal point (like vienna during the cold war, where spies and agents often went to spy hard between the two sides - for ESO it could be some place between the alliances, or even an post-anchorite-war isle of stirk...), but otherwise take you all over the old faction regions, possibly revisiting a few one-time-only maps with new mobs... and perhaps even meeting a few familiar faces (come on, wouldn't you love to slam a porticullis shut into Razum-dars face as you hop on a boat bound to morrowind with Naryu? ;) )

Such a questline could even have special titles depending on what you choose... "[original faction] Loyalist" or "[original faction] Defector"... and it might have drawbacks for PvP, like... reduced AP gain, since noone fully trusts a traitor... or increased AP rewards if a member of your original faction takes you down, because...
    star-wars-traitor-gif-13.gif
    :p;)
    (there could even be a daily "hunt traitor" mission, and defectors in cyrodil getting an visuel clue while that mission is active...)
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm reviving this thread. This needs to happen! Once per character, charge 6000 crowns for all I care, id still do it!

So many of us, first character, pick an alliance without really knowing anything about the game. For example, when console first released, I didn't know you got to play through all 3 storylines regardless of alliance picked by way of Cadwell's silver and gold!

I converted to the NA server, was invited by an EP guild to run with them, but ended up getting booted due to not fulfilling what they considered to be an acceptable amount of time in the game. I have since joined an AD guild (I'm an AD EU purist anyway) but can't run with them guys, as my characters (only have 2 as of now) are on EP!

And I absolutely should not have to create a new character for something so trivial. Yes, levelling up to 50 is easy enough, but skill points, skyshards, TRAIT RESEARCH is not.

I honestly cannot see ANY harm, in having this implemented with a restriction of ONE alliance change token per toon! If you change your mind more than once, THEN, bad luck, re-roll.

Make it happen @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler pleeeeeease! I pay you big $$$ :smile:
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reviving this thread. This needs to happen! Once per character, charge 6000 crowns for all I care, id still do it!

So many of us, first character, pick an alliance without really knowing anything about the game. For example, when console first released, I didn't know you got to play through all 3 storylines regardless of alliance picked by way of Cadwell's silver and gold!

I converted to the NA server, was invited by an EP guild to run with them, but ended up getting booted due to not fulfilling what they considered to be an acceptable amount of time in the game. I have since joined an AD guild (I'm an AD EU purist anyway) but can't run with them guys, as my characters (only have 2 as of now) are on EP!

And I absolutely should not have to create a new character for something so trivial. Yes, levelling up to 50 is easy enough, but skill points, skyshards, TRAIT RESEARCH is not.

I honestly cannot see ANY harm, in having this implemented with a restriction of ONE alliance change token per toon! If you change your mind more than once, THEN, bad luck, re-roll.

Make it happen @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler pleeeeeease! I pay you big $$$ :smile:

Same here, I'd really be happy If I shouldnt have to go way though it, and could have one here and one there
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it before, I'll say it again...

Rather then an "alliance change token" I would love to see a "cloak and dagger" themed DLC with an "faction loyalty called in question" story, that has a big choice in it - stay loyal to your alliance and find the reat traitor to prove your loyalty, or fu... uhm... forget loyalty and defect to greener pastures.

My thought exactly. They need to connect alliances quests first without Cadwell's Silver/Gold, which becomes redundant after One Tamriel, but I think that should be not a DLC, and a major base game update, that will be free for all.
    Edited by logarifmik on October 12, 2017 2:52AM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Felexir
    Felexir
    ✭✭✭
    Reviving this thread because this really needs to happen.
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Is this goung to happen Zos, i have some toons i would pay to convert, now that i found a guild i like. Like someone stated above, i want to play in pvp with some of my first toons that are an alliance i don't play anymore. I do play them still in pve, but now im more into pvp.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will happen, Rerolling a new toon and levelling it seems fair enough. With xp potions its not too bad.

PC-NA