Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.3

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok with all the skills being made undodgable can we now get a cool down on shuffle or at least fix it so a medium armor wearer doesn't have so much up time on dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge?
    Now the balance will swing the other way if not.

Sorcs have 100%on shield and are better then shuffle how about a cooldown for that, or a cooldown for blocking since you can reduce damage whenever you want unlike shuffle where it gives you a chance at dodging. Shuffle is fine as it is.

Shields don't remove and grant immunity to snares and immobilizations.

Shields last 1/4 as long as Shuffle.

Shield have limited value. Shuffle is 100% damage reduction if the 15% dodge kicks in.

Oblivion damage won't go though a proc'd Shuffle.

There are no sets I'm aware of that bypass a Shuffle proc.

There are no CP's I'm aware of that increase (the no) damage during a Shuffle proc.

Last I checked, they've nerfed the *** out of block several times now and continue to do so.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok with all the skills being made undodgable can we now get a cool down on shuffle or at least fix it so a medium armor wearer doesn't have so much up time on dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge?
    Now the balance will swing the other way if not.

Sorcs have 100%on shield and are better then shuffle how about a cooldown for that, or a cooldown for blocking since you can reduce damage whenever you want unlike shuffle where it gives you a chance at dodging. Shuffle is fine as it is.

No shuffle is giving too much chance and a medium armor can block as well as any one else unless they made a build solely concentrating on damage and I have no sympathy for that as times have changed and you have to build for sustain and survivability as well as damage. Sorcs shields need to be made critable but they have been nerfed from 30 secs to 6 secs and their streak has been made more costly as well. This coming from a Sorc hater. lol
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at this just an example about how shuffle is to op sure the guy physically roll dodges but alot of the time he just cast shuffle and half the people's attacks are being dodged it's broken it's time to fix it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel https://youtu.be/tyjfSS2lyHs
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe if we start creating 40 pages threads about it they finally nerf it
    same goes for immovability pots,heavy armor and sorcs shields

whine enough and u get nerfed :p
    Edited by method__01 on January 30, 2018 5:58PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good changes, only try to reduce the base cost of some MagDK skills.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stamden wrote: »
    NirnStorm wrote: »
    Goodbye my beloved MDK, I'll see you again in 5-10 major updates.

Whip dodgeable +
    Searing Strike: The initial direct damage from this ability and its morphs can now be blocked and dodged.

Seriously, what the hell are they thinking.

Isn't that normal, it mean that initial hit can be block and that the dot will remains on target (maybe unblocked, not sure), and if the dude roll-dodge he just don't get hit because roll-dodge cancel secondairy effect as well...
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I need some clarification: So are all DoTs now unblockable? Burning Embers, Fiery Breath, etc? You use Curse and Backlash as examples of unblockable DoTs, but those have always been unblockable.

Dont bother asking. ZOS policy is to tell us what is "supposed" to happen with the patch. It'll then be customers' duty to figure out how things ACTUALLY work..
    Edited by TheMystid on January 30, 2018 11:04PM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

I will ask my quesiton again, how is shuffle broken? Is a 15% chance, period, if you passed elementary maths on school you should be able to grasp what a 15% chance means. Handpicking 1 ocurrence when it dodged 3 attacks dosn't change anything.

I've got a better question. Who the hell uses Krag'h in PVP? Lol.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    U have to improve an offensive ult to magtemplars, the magtemplar is the only class that dnt have an offensive ult to make combos in pvp. since crescent sweep change, there is no ults for magplar, all class ults are defensives ults... no combos and no offen ults now
    Please @ZOS_Wrobel , u know how combos (plus ults) are a very important part of this game, take a look at the class ults, all combos and all possibilities . Magplars dnt have encase or fossilize to make great combos with metor and in fact they shouldnt have this kind of skill... but look to his class ults... u are nerfing SA too, so please do something, if there is no way to make an offensive combo with any ult in a class so this class is weak in the offensive point.
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by LordSlif on January 31, 2018 12:35AM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    So was this the last pts patch before it goes live?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love this game. I really want to play it. But ZOS, you guys have got to do something to eliminate the lag in Cyrodiil. I can't get my skills to go off in Shor or Vivec, even far away from heavily populated fights. Please keep us up to date on what you're doing.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I missed, any attention to Shimmering shield in these pts patchnotes?

Shimmering shield cost 2432 mag on my stam warden (bosmer)) in heavy or medium, return mana from projectiles (astronomic number 18216 of damage from projectile absorbed...and 578 mag from every projectile), it gives Major heroism for 6 seconds each time without coldown...So u need only 698 (2432-578*3) magicka to cast it...698 mana cost hell...

And, for example we have Dragon scales on dk, the can reflect 4 projectiles...but not force pulce or warden's dive...give u while active +12% of healing recieved from passive and nothing else...cost on stamina dk is 3780...

@ZOS_Wrobel , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Dk's Dragon scales are 5,4 times more expencive than
    Warden's Shimmering Shield, which in addition saves from no matter how big projectiles and gives u Unique extremly usefull buff... What the hell is going on? Do u really think that Dive is only thing need to be fixed...?
    Edited by Anethum on January 31, 2018 5:01AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t wait to fight against a stam build on my mdk and see dodge dodge dodge as I run out of magic trying to get embers to hit and my proc whip miss.

Great buffs for stam build gg
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add a 5pc passive to M armor.

"You can dodge some of undodgeable skills"

They removed un dodgeable from birds and give NOTHING back. That skill was all about it in first place. It was toxic skill but there is no flavour left, they enough copies of morrowind so who cares?
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    "Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged."

This is a good change for the overall health of the game (there shouldn't ever be a spammable that completely bypasses a primary defense mechanic, btw nerf Shield Breaker) but Dive wasn't the thing that made Warden so unstoppable. Speaking as somebody that's leveled and played both a magic and stam Warden in PVP:
    • Shimmering Shield is probably one of the worst designed abilities in the game. It gives you effectively 100% immunity to all ranged builds (even if secondary effects from attacks like CCs and DOTs still apply, they're not going to kill you), lets you keep 85-90% uptime on the strongest or second strongest buff in the game (Major Heroism), and can be kept up indefinitely since it restores almost as much magicka as it costs to cast it.
    • Every weakness of the Warden class (lack of a reliable burst ultimate like Incap or Take Flight, lack of an execute that isn't tied to your ultimate) can be made up for in the world and weapon skill lines. This is why Deep Fissure is balanced in the context of a Magic Warden, with no execute or burst ultimate, but Subterranean Assault is overperforming in the context of a Stamina Warden, with Reverse Slice and Dawnbreaker. I don't think it'll ever happen, but the Subterranean Assault morph should be changed to a second magicka morph, or to have it's damage spread out over 8-10 seconds as a DOT. When you can combine that AOE burst with an AOE burst ultimate like Dawnbreaker, and an AOE execute like Steel Tornado or Reverse Slice, it's too much.
    • A class with a spammable AOE Major Defile and a high-ish damage AOE ulti that stuns and grants Major Protection to everybody standing in it's (fairly large) range is a ball group's wet dream.
    • (This is nitpicking) The class feels boring. The ice magic tree feels like it's just tank buffs (which it mostly is, and it's boring), the animal summoning tree has five great abilities (and one terrible ultimate) but it doesn't feel at all like you're a beastmaster. It just feels like another buff.
    • Speaking of animal companions, the bear ultimate's AI is terrible.

99'9% agree
    Edited by Pastas on January 31, 2018 1:48PM
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We'll have one more PTS patch next Monday.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Will there be a fix for Soultrap breaking cloak ?
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Look at this just an example about how shuffle is to op sure the guy physically roll dodges but alot of the time he just cast shuffle and half the people's attacks are being dodged it's broken it's time to fix it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel https://youtu.be/tyjfSS2lyHs

Are you serious? He must have dodged about 5% of the damage ticks, he could have not used shuffle and saved himself some stam.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lightning staff bug fixes coming?

Maybe also some improvement for pets in certain trials?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY we see a warden nurf. And the change to snares "majors have shorter duration and minors having longer" is a good step forward. And a lot of moves cant be dodge now so rolling builds are getting hit. Probably going to see just about everybody run S&B.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

Will there be a fix for Soultrap breaking cloak ?
    Don't count on it. I have reported these cloak breaking bugs so many times. They just don't give it priority. Sheer venom and vicecannon have been breaking cloak for ages when procced on volatile armor. My thread even had video evidence posted in it, yet STILL NO FIX.
  • eridorr15
    eridorr15
    Really the only problem I see with Off-Balance atm is that 5 seconds isn't really long enough when you take into consideration that there could be lots of boss/fight mechanics happening or if someone is in the middle of a rotation. If mechanics are hitting in the small 5 second window, people may even be using more resources during that phase to block/roll/shield/or even heal thus missing the window completely and using more resources. Another problem is that people aren't going to just stop in the middle of a rotation to heavy attack but if they had a larger window of time for Off-Balance they could easily finish their current rotations and get a few heavy attacks off for more sustain. I mean it's kinda just like constant RNG for the window, which it could still have a few RNG factors with a wider a window BUT would still reward the player if they act upon it and play smart with a larger window, but 5 seconds...that's kinda really pushing it and super punishing when you take into account to context in which it's being applied..it just results in simple punishing RNG and no room to counter play it much IF your getting bombarded with mechanics,finishing up a rotation/etc. I'm not asking or saying that it should just be easy mode but just think about it from players perspective and in harder content at that. So I would like to see the window extended.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t wait to fight against a stam build on my mdk and see dodge dodge dodge as I run out of magic trying to get embers to hit and my proc whip miss.

Great buffs for stam build gg
    This is going to be a MASSIVE boost for medium stamina builds and going to be a huge blow for mdk. Already its sometimes hard enough to land embers and whip with latency and 'Dodge!' is the most frustrating combat component in the game.

What triggers me are the ones that mention all the tools mdk has yet no one talks about how once you've slotted the must haves then there is maybe one flex spot at the sacrifice of something very important in mdk combat.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    The change to birds makes sense but I feel like people spammed it because it's the only class DPS a Warden has. My question is how will this change a Warden's burst in PvP? Will it not make much of a difference or will it impact the class so much that players will shelf their Wardens and play another class?

Warden's don't have much DPS as it is so this nerfs what they were good at in PvP... burst. Probably won't impact the good players doing Warden or myself since I changed my Warden to more of a tank (saw this coming). More minor buffs (emphasis on minor) to some Warden passives and abilities would make up for this change to birds and also make them slightly more viable in DPS situations.

Plus I thought I read somewhere that birds were already reflectable? Did I imagine that lol? I think I did.

Medium armor dodge roll nightblades just went up a notch in pvp. Dodge is the dumbest thing in the game and they just made it even stronger.

No the dumbest thing in this game was Desert Rose with no cooldown + reactive armor on a magplar. Roll dodge takes at the very least an awareness of timing, which is quite difficult to achieve in a game that embraces animation cancelling in PvP combat.

This isn't the way, the time, or the place to build sympathy for Wardens about Dive.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder: Birds should be dodgeable because they are a single target ability without a cast/channel time. If birds shouldn't be dodgeable due to their long animation or an overabundance of counterplay, then neither should Crystal Frags or Dark Flare, as not only are their animations long, so too are their cast times and the attendant windows for interrupt and crowd control. Examples like those show why consistency matters.

Wardens, we all knew this day would come.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    I like the premise of the undodgeable AOE, unblockable DOTs, undodgeable and unblockable ground effects but it feels like there will be a lot more abilities that will need to be touched to match the rule beyond just what is listed here. Is that further down the line or are all just going to follow this rule starting now and you just listed exceptions?

Same could be said for the idea that powerful snares should be very short. Looks like only one is being addressed this pass?

Pretty sure they just quickfixed the things people were complaining, be honest 1 week for these changes are not a lot, so reckon we will see more changes coming to dodgeable/undodgeable list along with other changes.

True but the developers have been expounding this principle on AoE undodgeability since Dragon Leap was made undodgeable almost a year ago. This seems more like the developers finally getting around to these abilities, and the various fixes to exceptions to come will really just be more instances of that.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you gonna make all Stamina Nightblades attacks dodgeable too?

They all are already.The only nightblade stamina class ability that is undodgeable is Power Extraction in the Siphoning tree. Everything else has been dodgeable since before One Tamriel, save the UNMORPHED execute abilitity, which COSTS MAGICKA.

"30s to eval"
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »

They all are already.The only nightblade stamina class ability that is undodgeable is Power Extraction in the Siphoning tree. Everything else has been dodgeable since before One Tamriel, save the UNMORPHED execute abilitity, which COSTS MAGICKA.

Power Extraction is dodgeable too actually (I'm fairly sure it still is, on PTS - gonna test).
    Edited by DDuke on February 1, 2018 1:34AM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    waitwhat wrote: »

Power Extraction is dodgeable too actually (I'm fairly sure it still is, on PTS - gonna test).

Lol please do test. That would be painfully hilarious if the stamblade class AoE was dodgeable this whole time.

I don't think it is though. I think it just has a small radius, but so few slot it that it could easily have flown under the radar this whole time.

"30s to eval"
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    Dive now dodgeable and blockable? Good, its a long range ability and should work like one. Searing strike is a 4m attack. FFS....