Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.3

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you gonna make all Stamina Nightblades attacks dodgeable too?

How about 15% chance to succeed in attack from stealth? :^) or 15% chance to deal full damage. Otherwise 30% of full damage.
    EDIT: Inb4 stoning for this joke post.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on January 30, 2018 2:48AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s good they made birds dodgeable but they should have increased their damage otherwise it’s a useless skill that will never be used again.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Which ones aren't dodgeable? Before this update, every stamblade ability/ultimate could be dodged afaik.

After this latest PTS patch you might see some slot Steel Tornado as a pseudo-execute to counter other stamblades (and other stam builds).

Burst->opponent is still alive, CC breaks & tries to dodge roll away->steel tornado->dead.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Which ones aren't dodgeable? Before this update, every stamblade ability/ultimate could be dodged afaik.

After this latest PTS patch you might see some slot Steel Tornado as a pseudo-execute to counter other stamblades (and other stam builds).

Burst->opponent is still alive, CC breaks & tries to dodge roll away->steel tornado->dead.

I think Steel Tornado might be a thing again also.
    PC EU
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1q4u2pznepth.jpg

azm6c9smpa8l.png
    General
    • Once you reach level 10, you will now be able to use the Alliance War activity finder regardless of your Champion Rank.

jfv4v7fa3nwr.png
    Figure
    • Larger noses on male characters no longer clip through the Daggerfall Covenant Iron helmet.

uepi7o2bsygp.png
    General
    • Corrected delivery of the Hide Helmet and Hide Your Helm collectibles.
    • Fixed a rare issue that could cause recently adjusted Outfit weapons to change back to their previous appearance temporarily.

Outfit System
    • Fixed an issue when returning to an Outfit Station after purchasing Outfit Tokens, your pending dye changes would be reset and you weren’t able to preview other pending changes.

UI
    • Added the ability to search for the various Elven Outfit Styles via their -mer names. For example, the High Elf style will now also appear when searching for "Altmer".

jcvs3j43rubl.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where Unidentified Enchantment boxes, from the Slithering Brood and The Serpent's Fang quests, would not provide any rewards to characters lower than Level 10. They now provide a purple-quality enchantment to characters of any level.

Achievements
    • The Fully Styled achievement now states that you must fill "any" 8 slots (not "all" 8 slots, as previously).
      • You can earn the achievement by altering any 8 slots – even if you are dual wielding and have 9 available slots, or if you previously filled weapon slots and then changed weapons.

cf5fqqjz08g0.png
    Furnishings
    • Fixed an issue where the "Tribunal Tablet of Almalexia" furnishing would become bound to you after it was crafted. Going forward, this furnishing will no longer bind itself to you.
    • Updated the Outfit Station icon to match its in-game appearance.

Homes
    • Corrected a number of areas where you could poke your camera through walls or doorframes in the Princely Dawnlight Palace.

Itemization
    • Target Dummies of all varieties now behave like dungeon bosses for the purposes of status effects applied to them.

u1ugleotfz1c.png
    Addons
    • Made additional changes to the API to better restrict the ability for addons to display combat events prior to your character being impacted.

Crafting
    • Fixed an issue that could prevent you from leaving the Crafting UI window.

Crown Store & Crown Crates
    • Fixed in issue where grammar tags were displaying in the Crown Store UI.

Gamepad Mode
    • Fixed an issue where you could end up in a different skill line than the one you selected.

Guild Store
    • Fixed an issue where rugs and carpets did not have their own subcategory in the Guild Store search for Parlor furnishings. 
    • Fixed an issue where Target Dummies and Crafting Stations did not have their own subcategories in the Guild Store search for furnishings.

Housing
    • Fixed an issue that prevented you from dismissing the Load Permissions dialog in a house.
    • Home Storage collectibles will now display their nicknames in the Housing Editor Place and Retrieve lists.

Outfit System
    • Added validation to the naming of Outfits so the name is always saved properly.
    • Reduced the size of the Outfit Station icon in the Outfit System's help page.

Tutorials & Help Menus
    • Added a Storage Furnishings help entry to the Housing category.
    • Added an Outfit and Collectible Layers entry to the Crafting category.

The nerfs to searing strike AND flame lash are childish! Period.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiberX wrote: »
    Sooo... DK NERF, Warden nerf... uhmmmm when do we see a Nb nerf?
    Let me guess:-) Never ever ever ever in 1000 patches.
    Burst fear cloak stun burst cloak rinse repeat.

Exactly it seems like they only cater to those who play nightblades only..
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the changes, especially changes that increase consistency in the game. Great work!

Ps birds!!
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    regime211 wrote: »
    Nice all the complainers, constantly ruin this game...thanks let's go ahead and make everything in the game dodgable now? Maybe if people learned to get better, instead of wanting all these nerfs the game would be enjoyable. Why can't we get a whole new pvp map instead? There's no way that these nerfs are occurring when we have alot of broken skills in the game? I need to upload the videos I have been taking of the game being messed up, I wish they would stop focusing on the wrong stuff.

If flame lash and searing strikes are dodgable then you guys should increase the damage, or nerf sets and abilities that grant a bonus to dodging if you haven't already.

Now you’ll have to get better to actually land these.

Not if people are hitting shuffle, or wearing gear that ups their dodge chance. It's because the complainers that MagDk keeps getting merged, funny people complain about NB but here they are still outperforming every other class.
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    TiberX wrote: »
    Sooo... DK NERF, Warden nerf... uhmmmm when do we see a Nb nerf?
    Let me guess:-) Never ever ever ever in 1000 patches.
    Burst fear cloak stun burst cloak rinse repeat.

Exactly it seems like they only cater to those who play nightblades only..

NB doesn't need a nerf, and I don't even play one...
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB doesn't need buff either.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let it all out.
    The Flyers
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xc99eil40orz.jpg
    [*]Animal Companions
    • Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

sin-zona-de-vuelo-ilustracion-de-vector-de-pinguino_7586-1402.jpg

Well done! :)

I hope there will be more balance changes in the next week incremental patch.
    Some sets and abilities are still too powerful(for example, Eye of the Storm being too strong, especially with no AOE caps next update, shield breaker set that has no cooldown, Ball of Lightning that absorbs the full blast of Meteor and it's morphs, Meteor doesn't hit the target due to combination of block and dodge, resource poisons are too strong compared to base enchants- like weapon/spell damage, Stamina Warden is still very powerful and the change to dive won't do much difference, Nightblade's cloak should have 30%-50% cost increase if used again in less than 4 seconds, Shuffle is too powerful-the target is dodging too many abilities and the chance of dodge is actually higher than the tooltip etc.).
    So there are still many "combat balance" issues.
    Edited by Universe on January 30, 2018 7:36AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rename the patch to " dragonknight boned"

Fixed that for you .......

• nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a change to the level rewards to be retroactive via an NPC that you talk to to get your rewards?
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Still no fix to the unchained passive that doesn´t work in werewolf form? Been broken for a very long time......
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    I still think speed and damage on warden bird should be buffed..
    Up the hornz
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, dive is now completely useless.
    If it was instant it would be just fine to use after a stun ability, but this way it'll be just a wasted slot in magden skills bar.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    worded a bit weird but does fix to skip chaosball damage also fix skipping chaosball debuff, hm.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dive: The damage from this ability and its morphs can now be dodged.

just wow,pleased all whiners once again

another wrong move zos
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perma blocking and dodgerolling through tamriel???

is this still ESO or is it Cirque d´Soleil???

What have these mechanics with an awesome battle to do?
  • IRDeja
    IRDeja
    Fix master resto pls.

Nice on the synergy cooldown coming back down.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU for the dodgeable birds! >:)
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like aoes being the main source of undodgable damage, blade cloak already has a permament slot on all my stam toons both pve and pvp, this just makes it even better.
    Now onto looking at incap still going thru dodgeroll half the time and generally having too much going for it.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give up.
    Edited by Hutch679 on January 30, 2018 3:01PM
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Ok with all the skills being made undodgable can we now get a cool down on shuffle or at least fix it so a medium armor wearer doesn't have so much up time on dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge?
    Now the balance will swing the other way if not.

Sorcs have 100%on shield and are better then shuffle how about a cooldown for that, or a cooldown for blocking since you can reduce damage whenever you want unlike shuffle where it gives you a chance at dodging. Shuffle is fine as it is.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Good going shuffle is already broken and every projectile attack can be dodged now you are taking away the only one that couldn't be since wardens cliff racer attack can now be dodged can we get a change done to shuffle also it's broken and needs looked at

how is shuffle broken? enlighten us, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKPuQ_2X9U for this reason that @ArchMikem recorded not my video but it's the reason it's broken to be able to dodge attacks while just standing still it is ridiculous and you shouldn't be able to dodge that many attacks

I will ask my quesiton again, how is shuffle broken? Is a 15% chance, period, if you passed elementary maths on school you should be able to grasp what a 15% chance means. Handpicking 1 ocurrence when it dodged 3 attacks dosn't change anything.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Still no fix to the unchained passive that doesn´t work in werewolf form? Been broken for a very long time......

*Gasp* ZOS can't do something nice to werewolves, they rather nerf them into the dirt where not only do they suck, they are also not anymore fun.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuffle is fine. Since they made it so, that armor abilities can only be used when you wear the armor they belong to, none of them is unbalanced anymore. All 3 are very potent. Annulment is the only good damage shield for most classes and harness magicka is the only reason, why light armor can actually live in pvp. Light armor needs to cast so much, without the magicka restore of this ability, it would be completely unplayable.

Shuffle used to be broken on heavy armor, but is totally fine on medium armor builds as long as they play the typical squishy/high damage build. On tanky medium armor builds, it can be very cancerous.

And Immovable is actually soooo strong, why is nobody using it ? Non light armor users aren't used to being forced to recast something every few seconds if they want to survive. Unstoppable is such a great morph, you can easily achieve 6.6 seconds duration and if you just pay a little attention, you can keep a 100% uptime and be technically immortal. Because most kills do not happen without a CC. As long as you can freely attack and protect yourself, you will not die without beeing CCed unless you get zerged and even then probably not.

All 3 armor abilities are equally potent.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Belicourt
    Belicourt
    ✭✭✭
    I think these changes are great and i'm a magdk.

two suggestions for the offset of searing strikes though. ( i do believe it should be dodgeable)

-increase the range. (as everyone has stated)
    -incorporate an execute mechanic with dk flame damage abilities.(this way you're rewarded for landing something that will be dodged endlessly).

Good changes, i think this goes a long way to balance.

p.s. i know you're just nerfing so much to bring by dynamic ulti gen :wink: (or a little less effective version?) :blush:
    Edited by Belicourt on January 30, 2018 5:09PM
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭