The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.3

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    We’ve updated several abilities so they better adhere to our block and dodge mechanics. The system is set up to be intuitive – attacks on the ground such as fire or Caltrops cannot be blocked or dodged. We also want dodging to be useful during some instances, and blocking to be useful at other times. The ruleset is as follows:
    • Attacks that can be blocked, but not dodged
      • AoE explosions such as Radial Sweep, Spear Shards’ initial hit, or Drain Power.
      • Beam attacks such as Radiant Destruction, Lightning Staff, or Soul Strike.
    • Attacks that cannot be blocked or dodged
      • Damage on the ground such as Wall of Elements, Caltrops, or Lightning Splash.
      • Effects that are on or inside a player character, such as Daedric Curse, or Backlash. (Damage over time effects)
    • Attacks that can be dodged, but not blocked
      • Secondary effects that penetrate Block such as the Damage over Time from Sunfire, the surprise attack armor debuff, or the snare from Low Slash snare.
      • Note: Block continues to provide stun immunity, so it will stop a secondary effect like the stun from Stonefist.
    Exceptions to these rules will be stated each ability’s tooltip, such as Fiery Grip which cannot be dodged or reflected.[/i][/b]

Does this mean Eye of the storm will now be blockable? Because it is neither a ground effect nor a secondary effect.

The effect is on the ground, it just moves with the caster.

The examples of ground effects listed as unblockable are all placed ground effects tho. EOTS isn't any more "on the ground" than steel tornado or impulse. If they want their rules consistent, then only elemental storm and elemental rage should be unblockable, not EOTS.

Edited by Sharee on January 29, 2018 10:43PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Thanks for reverting the 20 second cooldown on synergies
    2. Thanks for standardizing the rules for block / dodgeable. I believe the Arrow Spray skill on bow is dodgeable on Live.
    3. Thanks for making Wardens birds a lot less obnoxious in PvP. The skill (both morphs) are now bad now, which puts magicka Wardens is a bad spot (stam wardens care less because there are many options for damage from weapon-lines). We all know magicka Wardens have bad DPS and now that's coupled with a spammable that simply does nothing else.
    4. DKs need some compensation for nerfs in PvE (sustain help) and PvP (I agree the stuff should be dodgable, but it is a net nerf).
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’ve updated several abilities so they better adhere to our block and dodge mechanics. The system is set up to be intuitive – attacks on the ground such as fire or Caltrops cannot be blocked or dodged. We also want dodging to be useful during some instances, and blocking to be useful at other times. The ruleset is as follows:
      • AoE explosions such as Radial Sweep, Spear Shards’ initial hit, or Drain Power.
      • Effects that are on or inside a player character, such as Daedric Curse, or Backlash. (Damage over time effects)
      • Secondary effects that penetrate Block such as the Damage over Time from Sunfire, the surprise attack armor debuff, or the snare from Low Slash snare.
      • Note: Block continues to provide stun immunity, so it will stop a secondary effect like the stun from Stonefist.
    Exceptions to these rules will be stated each ability’s tooltip, such as Fiery Grip which cannot be dodged or reflected.[/i][/b]

Does this mean Eye of the storm will now be blockable? Because it is neither a ground effect nor a secondary effect.

The examples of ground effects listed as unblockable are all placed ground effects tho. EOTS isn't any more "on the ground" than steel tornado or impulse. If they want their rules consistent, then only elemental storm and elemental rage should be unblockable, not EOTS.

I don't disagree, but I don't think it is. They seem to love EotS so I think we're stuck with the radius reduction as the only change.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EOTS is a from above attack, not conventionally blockable. Same with volley or eruption (from below) impulse is a ring out which you can block in place.

I think its meant to be logic based, but there is so much else logically messy.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clouding Swarm (Bat Swarm morph): You can no longer cast the Materialize attack from this morph while in midair.

Will this finally Fix The Character Functionality Bug that locks Click-Attacks, Skills and Literally Everything until you /ReloadUI!?!
    I have been crying and nagging incessantly about this for nearly 6 months!!! Please!!!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some spicy changes, overall good job. I was going to suggest that Low Slash and morphs see a snare reduction, since that ability was so overloaded. Happy to see that & the change to Birds.
    Edited by Yiko on January 29, 2018 11:31PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good going shuffle is already broken and every projectile attack can be dodged now you are taking away the only one that couldn't be since wardens cliff racer attack can now be dodged can we get a change done to shuffle also it's broken and needs looked at the chance of being able to dodge attacks with it needs fixed so it isn't so high of a chance i've literally tried to cast crystal frags and snipe at ppl who are just standing still and have almost all my attacks be dodged
    Edited by Jake1576 on January 29, 2018 11:31PM
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades always get the shaft... Sucks to be me. ^^' Looking forward to the Outfit System still anyway~
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Good going shuffle is already broken and every projectile attack can be dodged now you are taking away the only one that couldn't be since wardens cliff racer attack can now be dodged can we get a change done to shuffle also it's broken and needs looked at

how is shuffle broken? enlighten us, please.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Good going shuffle is already broken and every projectile attack can be dodged now you are taking away the only one that couldn't be since wardens cliff racer attack can now be dodged can we get a change done to shuffle also it's broken and needs looked at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKPuQ_2X9U for this reason that @ArchMikem recorded not my video but it's the reason it's broken to be able to dodge attacks while just standing still it is ridiculous and you shouldn't be able to dodge that many attacks
    Edited by Jake1576 on January 29, 2018 11:41PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKPuQ_2X9U for this reason that ArchMikem recorded not my video but it's the reason it's broken to be able to dodge attacks while just standing still it is ridiculous and you shouldn't be able to dodge that many attacks

Thats not broken. There is no limitation. Someday someone will dodge 30 hits this way and it will be perfectly normal (but rare) occurence

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKPuQ_2X9U for this reason that ArchMikem recorded not my video but it's the reason it's broken to be able to dodge attacks while just standing still it is ridiculous and you shouldn't be able to dodge that many attacks

Thats not broken. There is no limitation. Someday someone will dodge 30 hits this way and it will be perfectly normal (but rare) occurence

Broken in my opinion lol
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKPuQ_2X9U for this reason that @ArchMikem recorded not my video but it's the reason it's broken to be able to dodge attacks while just standing still it is ridiculous and you shouldn't be able to dodge that many attacks

So it's impossible for something with a 15% chance of happening to happen 3 times in a row? Is that what you're telling us?
    Probability really isn't that hard, the guy was just unlucky. Missing 3 in a row like that is around a 3/1000 chance these days.
    Edited by Yiko on January 30, 2018 12:17AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like my mDK is still well and truly bend over
  • HungryMonkey007
    I like that the luxury furnished is offering some items that were previously available, but I think the ratio should be adjusted. There should be at least 2 new offerings per week minimum.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Look at the date of that video.

I also remember back in early 2017 when Shuffle was just ridiculous & pretty much everything was missing, but most of those issues disappeared after they dropped it from 20% dodge chance to 15% & fixed some bugs associated with it.
    Edited by DDuke on January 30, 2018 12:11AM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another poor patch update without addressing real issues. No buff to mag sorc' s yet. The destro skill line continues to remain trash compared to 2 handed.

Nerf to birds where the real problem is with shimerring shield and sub assault. I made a mag warden because my sorc was powerless against shimerring shield. Now this update leaves 2 useless 1vx classes

I guess it's time to make a stam version of my warden now since that seems to be immune to nerfs atm
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done ZOS, well done. My medium armor builds rejoice.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they manage to make DKs worse. How low will they go now? Give us cheaper skills so we don't feel as bad missing our skills. Or give us better passives to sustain ourselves better other than relying on some niche sets. Time to head back to rolly polly meta where everyone cries about dodges now.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on January 30, 2018 12:36AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremiah87 wrote: »
    Synergies back to 20 seconds and off-balance improvement (compared to last iteration) are GREAT! This patch is shaping up to be fantastic!

LoL. You clearly don't play MagDK. Worst patch ever for anyone that does.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. Maybe you all could let me ROLL DODGE all of these RIDICULOUS nerfs to MagDK. Did the main combat dev manager get his ass kicked by too many mag DK's or something? And I don't know wtf you guys are doing to it in PVE. It would be laughable if it wasn't my main achievement toon. So offbalance is back down BUT power lash is on a 3 second cooldown. You all need to revert battle roar passive at least. Even then, congrats, you have ruined the magicka dragon knight. Read your forums. Filled with the same opinion. Agreed with an earlier post, we should be given free class change tokens solely for mag DK's. What a joke guys...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yiko wrote: »

So it's impossible for something with a 15% chance of happening to happen 3 times in a row? Is that what you're telling us?
    Probability really isn't that hard, the guy was just unlucky. Missing 3 in a row like that is around a 3/1000 chance these days.

It is amazing how far people will go to defend their OP ability, kinda sounds like the wardens when they were defending their birds. No one should have an ability that cancels all counter abilities so many times in a row.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 30, 2018 1:11AM
  • ZoDSeR97
    ZoDSeR97
    What happen to the idea dive can't be dodge only block from the first time they created warden class???
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is amazing how far people will go to defend their OP ability, kinda sounds like the wardens when they were defending their birds. No one should have an ability that cancels all counter abilities so many times in a row.

Yeah, I don't like the fact that RNG has such a large spot in PVP. I was just pointing out that the ability wasn't diverging from its intended design. I would much rather have Shuffle provide a useful static effect as opposed to the 15% dodge chance.
    It's awful when my Incap or Assassin's Will/Relentless Focus is passively dodged, but Shuffle doesn't seem that overtuned these days. After Heavy Armor stamina users lost Shuffle, most of them stayed in Heavy Armor for good reason. What was seen in the video is a rare occurrence, statistically speaking.

Also, did pointing out that it was a 3/1000 chance really merit a "It is amazing how far people will go to defend their OP ability?" From my POV, it really doesn't seem like I went to extreme lengths to defend it :#

You could maybe make that argument if I said something mockingly like:
    Maybe we should remove crit from the game, too. I mean even with 1% crit chance, you could theoretically crit every single ability in the game for the rest of your ESO career. No one should crit all of their abilities so many times in a row!

Why do people so often mistake explanation for justification?
    Edited by Yiko on January 30, 2018 2:02AM
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this is an indirect massive buff to Stamblade (again) due to everything becoming dodgeable. Now all they have to do is dodge 20 times, poison inject, ambush, surprise attack, incap, GG.

Overall not a bad patch, but it just feels like there’ll be a lot of retrospective “re-balancing” as a result.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this is an indirect massive buff to Stamblade (again) due to everything becoming dodgeable. Now all they have to do is dodge 20 times, poison inject, ambush, surprise attack, incap, GG.

Overall not a bad patch, but it just feels like there’ll be a lot of retrospective “re-balancing” as a result.

I'm sure those stamblades will love the undodgeable Steel Tornados that also coincidentally happen to [snip] up their cloak too.

There are still (a lot of) tools to deal with them.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade would gain the most from this patch. Out of all stam builds. I am not sure why it almost always gravitates back to this one single class's stam build being the most to gain.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • engramz
    engramz
    ✭✭
    ripmdk.gif
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I don't like the fact that RNG has such a large spot in PVP. I was just pointing out that the ability wasn't diverging from its intended design. I would much rather have Shuffle provide a useful static effect as opposed to the 15% dodge chance.
    It's awful when my Incap or Assassin's Will/Relentless Focus is passively dodged, but Shuffle doesn't seem that overtuned these days. After Heavy Armor stamina users lost Shuffle, most of them stayed in Heavy Armor for good reason. What was seen in the video is a rare occurrence, statistically speaking.

Also, did pointing out that it was a 3/1000 chance really merit a "It is amazing how far people will go to defend their OP ability?" From my POV, it really doesn't seem like I went to extreme lengths to defend it :#

You could maybe make that argument if I said something mockingly like:
    Maybe we should remove crit from the game, too. I mean even with 1% crit chance, you could theoretically crit every single ability in the game for the rest of your ESO career. No one should crit all of their abilities so many times in a row!

Why do people so often mistake explanation for justification?

Sorry, I didn't really mean to aim that at you, just general frustration as a long time player at sledge hammer nerfing one thing without thought to the fact that it now enables something just as badly balanced at the other end of the scale.
    I just have bad memories of when there was an over abundance of dodge rolling a while back by shuffle abuse.
    I have no problem with physical dodge rolling as that takes more skill than an rng based shuffle ability.
    Somehow I mange to do OK without shuffle on my stamblade's bars.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 30, 2018 2:37AM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you gonna make all Stamina Nightblades attacks dodgeable too?
    PC EU