Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MAGBLADE pvp theorycrafting

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about it the more I feel like 1 pirate + 1 chudan is great but only one of either is nothing =/
    (for light armor builds, maybe in heavy armor builds it matters more)
    3k seems like a lot but I was leagues better off dueling a magdk when I was using grothdar so since I'm so dmg heavy I'm going to try grothdar open world again.
    I think the amount of pressure it allows you to put on people(when you have a dmg heavy build) is the best mitigation of all ie... them running away & not dpsing you

I feel like resistances are more worth while the closer you are to cap. Meaning that if you have 25k and you do something to add another 3k it seems worth it but if you're at 10k and you add 3k it just feels meh(blah)
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 24, 2018 8:43PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deevah wrote: »
    I don't typically post on forums, but have been running a cloakless lizard with 5H/2L shackle/amber with vdsa fire/vma resto for a while with a lot of success, all spell dmg from mundus/glyphs. Because there's no cloak and image remains unreliable, the toon typically dies a snared-mosh-pit death.

I know many ppl rejected offering and its morphs outright, but if you get through an unforgiving learning curve it's got a strong place in a particular play-style. Front-loading one more HoT lets you ignore another players' aggressive combos, which is often when they're not prepared for a cc/will combo. Making it cheaper on pts makes it a no-brainer for a 25k+ health build.

That's one of the builds I'm messing around with, along an ice staff build. Running 5h 2l with TK and alot of hots. Im still tinkering, can't decide if I want dw or destro. Shrewd offering is rough, the heal is nice but I kinda wish it lasted a bit longer. Been a few times the people I've been fighting have timed their ults to my cast after a bit into fight. I also wish asylum resto effected it.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    guys a question

i watched on yt the nb build video of kristhofer

he uses a semi gank/ow build.

his sets are torugs pact and amberplasm and the enchant dmg seems to be really nice. woul this also work on no cp? did anyone of u actually tests torugs?
    Edited by Trashs1 on January 25, 2018 7:34AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good, I'd rather go with necro if instead of torugs if I were to play with dw/resto. Necro/amber/grothdarr or pirate skelly (or zaan next patch......) is a strong setup. I think KenaPKK uses/used it.

Torugs sounds like a good choice too though, I can imagine pairing that with like a prismatic enchant vs vamps and *** melting them into oblivion. With torugs you gotta have like 4 different weapons with different enchants based on the situation though, I'm waaaay to cheap to ever do that.
    Edited by Subversus on January 25, 2018 9:08AM
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Sounds good, I'd rather go with necro if instead of torugs if I were to play with dw/resto. Necro/amber/grothdarr or pirate skelly (or zaan next patch......) is a strong setup. I think KenaPKK uses/used it.

Torugs sounds like a good choice too though, I can imagine pairing that with like a prismatic enchant vs vamps and *** melting them into oblivion. With torugs you gotta have like 4 different weapons with different enchants based on the situation though, I'm waaaay to cheap to ever do that.

its a destro restro build

playstyle is at first similar to gankers a ha out from stealt and then it plays pretty much the same as a normal nb. just the ha and la/swallo weaves do on in his videos and cp campains a loooot of dmg (he uses lightning glyph)

i wonder if it can be archieved on no cp too? since im only playing no cp pvp
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think about 5 Shackle (both bars) + 5 Bloodthorn (main bar) +1 Domi + VMA resto infused magicka gain enchant and infused fire stick with spd enchant? Tri stat food.

23k HP (Im Breton), 18k stamina, 44k magicka, 3000 spd with ench proc (it's almost permanent), 1500 magicka rec, 700 stamina.

Main bar: Funnel, Entropy, Eledrain, Dampen, Assassin's, Soul Harvest \ Destro ult.
    Back bar: Refreshing path, Mutagen, Cripple, Leeching strikes (stamina morph), Fear.

I want to put Fear on main, really want, but then I either loose some HP (entropy removed) or Dampen (need to cast it very quickly just as Fear).
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • seanj87
    seanj87
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    guys a question

his sets are torugs pact and amberplasm and the enchant dmg seems to be really nice. woul this also work on no cp? did anyone of u actually tests torugs?

I've been playing around with my build a lot recently and have been using Torugs. Great set. Current I'm 5h 1m 1l turogs/spinner with DW/resto and disease enchants

Resto is light attack/will and is very effective with minimal sustain required.

I've swapped to heavy for reduced break free cost and more resistance and seems to be working well.

DW is infused/sharpened + 5th spinner buff for extra pen on jump in

Only thing undecided in monster set. Have been using TK. But thinking about kena

EDIT

So after some testing I've decided to have 5 spinner and 5 Torugs on both bars.

I don't really need troll king anymore and think the extra pen is more needed than an extra damage set as I'm now in heavy.
    Edited by seanj87 on January 26, 2018 8:01AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ve a question regarding CP on a bomb-blade. What kind of CP setups are optimal when it comes to:

* Soul-tether bombing?
    * Destro-bombing?

Asking for me and a friend.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´ve a question regarding CP on a bomb-blade. What kind of CP setups are optimal when it comes to:

* Soul-tether bombing?
    * Destro-bombing?

Asking for me and a friend.

Something with 15k spell penetration, over 3k fully buffed spell damage, vicious death proc
    Probably won't be all that viable until next patch when aoe caps are removed.
    You can still technically do it now but it's just not as easy and requires a lot of patience.
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 25, 2018 5:54PM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

playstyle is at first similar to gankers a ha out from stealt and then it plays pretty much the same as a normal nb. just the ha and la/swallo weaves do on in his videos and cp campains a loooot of dmg (he uses lightning glyph)

My bad, I assumed you were talking about his melee magblade using torugs, a little older build.

If it's destro resto then there's really no reason to go torug's/amber over necro/shackle imo. Albeit torug's might be nice for a niche vamp murderer build.
    Edited by Subversus on January 25, 2018 6:33PM
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭

My bad, I assumed you were talking about his melee magblade using torugs, a little older build.

If it's destro resto then there's really no reason to go torug's/amber over necro/shackle imo. Albeit torug's might be nice for a niche vamp murderer build.

I went with Torug's/Elegant for ganking. Is necro/shackle a better combination than this?
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do so few people back bar transmutation on destro/resto magblade? It allows 5/5/2, great defence, can proc before combat if you stack more shadow skills on back bar, offers two regen bonus's. It's perfect, for me anyhow.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Why do so few people back bar transmutation on destro/resto magblade? It allows 5/5/2, great defence, can proc before combat if you stack more shadow skills on back bar, offers two regen bonus's. It's perfect, for me anyhow.

I'd do juli/war maiden plus transmutation. It's just a little old school now but still fun and effective. Thing I like about transmutation is that one little crit line makes it so flexible
    Edited by Metemsycosis on January 26, 2018 5:45AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

thats simply not true beside 1 on1

range is so much worth sometimes
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's not true? lol
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »

I do transmutation/julianos/TK in heavy when I play in a group sometimes, it's an insane setup to buff the team. I also play juli/riposte in duels, but I'll gladly swap from it.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

What's not true? lol

well maybe i was to harsh,

its true torugs is really nice on a dw build in therms of raw dmg output. but ill try it on staff simply because it can be fired at range. and with all the ground aoes which going on, range is many time beneficial

at least in my opinion
    Edited by Trashs1 on January 26, 2018 9:52AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's not true? lol

its true torugs is really nice on a dw build in therms of raw dmg output. but ill try it on staff simply because it can be fired at range. and with all the ground aoes which going on, range is many time beneficial

at least in my opinion

You say "ground aoes" is why range is beneficial, but that's because you haven't tried forward momentum 2 hander build..
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    guys a question

Yes, torugs works like a charm even in nocp.

I would suggest a few changes though:

tri stat food instead of withmothers
    lich backback instead of amber
    skoria 2 pieces instead of domi (this is allowed by backbaring lich) (or a different monster set of you want to be more tanky)
    fire enchant instead of lightning to help with skoria proc and to kill vamps quicker (prismatic is overkill)
    and finaly lights champion on backbar
    Edited by raistin87 on January 26, 2018 12:28PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leem1988 wrote: »

I went with Torug's/Elegant for ganking. Is necro/shackle a better combination than this?

Not for ganking, because Necro and Shackle do very little to buff your heavy attack damage. The main benefit of those sets is high max magicka, which doesn't only buff dmg but also shields - which is mostly irrelevant for a ganker.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's not true? lol

at least in my opinion

Oh you meant torug's is not good on a melee build? I agree, torugs pretty trashy, on both ranged and melee. There are simply better options for dps.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    The more I think about it the more I feel like 1 pirate + 1 chudan is great but only one of either is nothing =/
    3k seems like a lot but I was leagues better off dueling a magdk when I was using grothdar so since I'm so dmg heavy I'm going to try grothdar open world again.
    I think the amount of pressure it allows you to put on people(when you have a dmg heavy build) is the best mitigation of all ie... them running away & not dpsing you

I feel like resistances are more worth while the closer you are to cap. Meaning that if you have 25k and you do something to add another 3k it seems worth it but if you're at 10k and you add 3k it just feels meh(blah)

If you're just running around light or medium with 10-13k resistance, I'm not too certain you will fair too well against a MagDK or a StamDK who keeps on spamming Dizzying Swing and Executioner. If you're a MagBlade sporting 25k resistance with heavy, that's impressive, but then, how's the spell damage or dps? You're likely sacrificing some other resource pool to get that high of resistance. I haven't got my MagBlade down yet, but still working on it. It's hard to find a good balance build where you can have maj close to the 40k and Spell dmg in the 2k, while having sustain in the 2k. For me, I have to sacrifice recovery so to have my maj pool and damage up. You may be able to sport a build with 40k majicka and 3k recovery, but you're likely jabbing the enemy with an unsharpened knife.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atm I'm using 5 necro 5 transmutation and 2 valkyn on my melee mag blade.

Considering I don't use Hardened ward, and Stealth is my only get out of jail card, having 3k crit resistance comes in handy against high burst targets. Trans also gives good sustain.

I still feel that sometimes I'm missing that little bit of damage to finish some targets off in 1vX scenarios. I might actually consider putting damage instead of recovery glyphs on Jewellry. I currently sit at 2.5k recovery so I could probably do without one or two recovery glyphs.

What recovery do you guys feel is the sweet spot?
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking from the point of view exclusively playing no-CP where 1.8k recovery feels extravagant, I think it's fair to say you guys playing with 2k+ can definitely get away with trading it for damage, or cost reduction at least.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    Speaking from the point of view exclusively playing no-CP where 1.8k recovery feels extravagant, I think it's fair to say you guys playing with 2k+ can definitely get away with trading it for damage, or cost reduction at least.

Yeah I figured the exact same thing. Maybe 1 or 2 spell.damage glyphs. I don't want to dip below 2k
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at 1.9k recovery but fighting long drawn out fights against tanks or multiple opponents, it puts a big damper on the sustain. Pretty much have to back off mid-fight & reset it when running low.
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 27, 2018 3:07AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually considering trying out a dw/resto 5 necro 5 overwhelming 2 valkyn set up for OP pressure and burst lol.

With overwhelming giving concussed and proccing valkyn constantly and necro giving me sustained dps, I think this set up could work.

Ive been using transmutation with necro mostly cause shadow image is bugged and survivability is poor without it, but with shadow image fixed next patch I think i can make do without transmutation again.

With mag recovery glyphs and Siphoning plus argonian racial I should be fine for sustain too. If needed I'll slot atronarch though.

Tell me what you guys think?

Edited by Exodium on January 27, 2018 8:58AM
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    but with shadow image fixed next patch
    shadow image fixed
    fixed
    Hahaha, good one!
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    but with shadow image fixed next patch
    shadow image fixed
    fixed
    Hahaha, good one!

If it's still broken I'm shelving my magnb. Refuse to play without one of its class defining skills.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »

If you're just running around light or medium with 10-13k resistance, I'm not too certain you will fair too well against a MagDK or a StamDK who keeps on spamming Dizzying Swing and Executioner. If you're a MagBlade sporting 25k resistance with heavy, that's impressive, but then, how's the spell damage or dps? You're likely sacrificing some other resource pool to get that high of resistance. I haven't got my MagBlade down yet, but still working on it. It's hard to find a good balance build where you can have maj close to the 40k and Spell dmg in the 2k, while having sustain in the 2k. For me, I have to sacrifice recovery so to have my maj pool and damage up. You may be able to sport a build with 40k majicka and 3k recovery, but you're likely jabbing the enemy with an unsharpened knife.

I've done well against dk's even with having 10-12k resistances because i've been using refreshing path, forward momentum, grothdarr, and keeping fear up on their cc immunity cooldown

With the 25k+ resistance build I was wearing 5 light with that one too ;)
    but you're right damage was sacrificed a small amount

It's really not hard at all to get the stats you speak about, what's hard is getting penetration, sustain, and damage on heavy armor; but I listed a build above that should cover it.
    Member of:

Former member of: