Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK is Dead!

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    diplomatt wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »
    maybe with the new update, you should rename this tread to "MagDK is dead"

magdk also need rework. it have no counterplay to templars. but in general more balanced that stam dks now. colldown on power lash 3 seconds is not so hurt. much more imbalanced on pts was power lash spam.
    And ye with this cooldown, magdk will need more resourses in next patch same as stam, because both in pvp and pve too tied to this skill for damage and healing.
    Valencer wrote: »
    Play a stamina warden. It does everything a stamina DK does, but better.

Stamina DK has been a joke since morrowind

That goes for every Stam class. A Stam warden can do what they do and do it better.

biggest gap is between stam dk and warden. literally worst stamina.

Stam warden puts stam dk and stam sorc to shame, for sure.

But i dont think its a good comparable to stam nb.

what u mean? I didn't mentioned stam nb here. I said that stam dk is worst stamina now.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • ukreign
    ukreign
    Soul Shriven
    @Skoomah "if not the same or better" is something that warrants no complaint. The stam DK is just a class you clearly weren't meant for.
    After reading your post, I have to diagnose you with alternate class disorder (ACD). It's common when players who find success on a class revert to being average if not worse at said class when other players outperform them. This condition leads to posting opinionated statements on behalf of the class in such mannor that it is not true or completely untrue (if not untruer).

Re roll a magicka class and that will be one less kid wearing heavy armor trying to be an unkillable thug in cyrii.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ukreign wrote: »
    @Skoomah "if not the same or better" is something that warrants no complaint. The stam DK is just a class you clearly weren't meant for.
    After reading your post, I have to diagnose you with alternate class disorder (ACD). It's common when players who find success on a class revert to being average if not worse at said class when other players outperform them. This condition leads to posting opinionated statements on behalf of the class in such mannor that it is not true or completely untrue (if not untruer).

Re roll a magicka class and that will be one less kid wearing heavy armor trying to be an unkillable thug in cyrii.

oh look, another newbie player trying to tell a Dk main that he sucks at Dk.

@Skoomah , I kind of feel bad for you.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s tough to have a conversation about Stam DKs on a board where we have six different servers and very little ability to assess skill level between the different players.

I know Skoomah and Skoomah knows me. I know he’s a good Stam DK, but I also know that I’m not nearly as afraid of him as I used to be due to the DK class changes.

Stam DK as a class is a bit like a mag sorc in that they’re really good at killing bad players, and making it look easy, but they’re completely impotent against talented players, especially in the current “defile meta” that completely nullifies their best unique class passive.

I’ve always used a player’s opinion on mag sorcs and Stam DKs as a good barometer of player skill. People who think those two classes are OP tend to not know how to block a leap or time a burst to get through shield. In both cases they are usually people who forget their healing and their buffs up and therefore fall victim to sorc’s curse / burst and the DKs dots... things that are not that severe if you keep healing up and can block the leap.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    maybe with the new update, you should rename this tread to "MagDK is dead"

magdk also need rework. it have no counterplay to templars. but in general more balanced that stam dks now. colldown on power lash 3 seconds is not so hurt. much more imbalanced on pts was power lash spam.
    And ye with this cooldown, magdk will need more resourses in next patch same as stam, because both in pvp and pve too tied to this skill for damage and healing.
    Valencer wrote: »
    Play a stamina warden. It does everything a stamina DK does, but better.

Stamina DK has been a joke since morrowind

That goes for every Stam class. A Stam warden can do what they do and do it better.

biggest gap is between stam dk and warden. literally worst stamina.

Stam warden puts stam dk and stam sorc to shame, for sure.

But i dont think its a good comparable to stam nb.

what u mean? I didn't mentioned stam nb here. I said that stam dk is worst stamina now.

Yeah I agree. Got a little sidetracked in talking about stamden.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started this thread because I kept seeing Stam DKs nerfed patch after patch and no one standing up for them. I can kill any class in a duel and get 20+ KDRs all the time in cyrodiil but that doesn't discount the fact that all other classes have to put in half the work to get there. I'm only asking for competitiveness not overpowered.
    Edited by Skoomah on January 26, 2018 1:03AM
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    I started this thread because I kept seeing Stam DKs nerfed patch after patch and no one standing up for them. I can kill any class in a duel and get 20+ KDRs all the time in cyrodiil but that doesn't discount the fact that all other classes have to put in half the work to get there. I'm only asking for competitiveness not overpowered.

Hey, stamsorc sitting almost in the same boat, although Its still the best class for me personally. Well, if those DD interrupt changes goes live I see a huge increase in stam sorc popularity, since standing in 5 people spamming DD seems super troll mode.

Problem is, even the new patchotes (7th + TK nerf) harm stam DK more (stam sorc also,but since dd got "buffed" I really dont care).

Furthermore stam warden is just in bis own league right now, combibing sub assault with dizzy + DB is just the best burst in the game, eslecially for 1vX (heavy + DB + SA).
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people wondering, I'm just a balance warrior, I like to fight with irony (for people missing knowledge and qqing about mechanics they don't understand). Irony always crits, put a knowledge shield if you don't wanna take additional damage :D

The thing most people can't understand is having Stamden being better than stamsorc and stamdk doesn't make both of them suddently weak.

They have different roles, stam sorc can espace better than warden and stam dk can tank better than warden. But not that much better. And here is the problem, if your burst is far better than a sDK or sSorc, you shouldn't be able to compete with them on their respective strengh.

Warden need nerfs for sure, but making river of tears on how dk is dead or not viable is just a joke. Dk is strong, Warden just better.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    For people wondering, I'm just a balance warrior, I like to fight with irony (for people missing knowledge and qqing about mechanics they don't understand). Irony always crits, put a knowledge shield if you don't wanna take additional damage :D

The thing most people can't understand is having Stamden being better than stamsorc and stamdk doesn't make both of them suddently weak.

They have different roles, stam sorc can espace better than warden and stam dk can tank better than warden. But not that much better. And here is the problem, if your burst is far better than a sDK or sSorc, you shouldn't be able to compete with them on their respective strengh.

Warden need nerfs for sure, but making river of tears on how dk is dead or not viable is just a joke. Dk is strong, Warden just better.

That's why you play magsorc right? :trollface:

If you actually think stamdk is in a good spot you haven't played one in pvp.
    The matter that you fail to kill people with your petsorc in 1v1 implies that you lack the ability to fight on a level where you should discuss balance.

I challenge you to reroll a stamdk use it for 2 weeks in pvp and then tell us how you see it afterwards
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

The matter that you fail to kill people with your petsorc in 1v1 implies that you lack the ability to fight on a level where you should discuss balance.

I challenge you to reroll a stamdk use it for 2 weeks in pvp and then tell us how you see it afterwards

Here is a player that doesn' understand mechanics of this game.

He has no arguments, so he try to attack me personally, with the traditionnal : "u pet sorc u noob". He doesn't understand cyrodil is different than Bergama dueling spot where people change skills, cps, gear, and use build focused on 1v1 that aren't viable in cyrodil. So, when you bring a build to cyrodil, you need to adapt it. My pet sorc is adapted in cyrodiil and I run necro + lich + engine guardian with non dueling skill like elemental blocklade, or double destro staff without the possibility to use a defensive ultimate. If you can't understand a pvp build, by being strongly different, cannot win all duels then you need to l2p.

I'm waiting to see how well you perform in pvp with a pet sorc.

So, to stay focus on the subject of this thread, can you bring informations and tell me why you think stam dk isn't in a good spot ?
    Edited by Aedaryl on January 26, 2018 11:25AM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He has no arguments, so he try to attack me personally, with the traditionnal : "u pet sorc u noob". He doesn't understand cyrodil is different than Bergama dueling spot where people change skills, cps, gear, and use build focused on 1v1 that aren't viable in cyrodil. So, when you bring a build to cyrodil, you need to adapt it. My pet sorc is adapted in cyrodiil and I run necro + lich + engine guardian with non dueling skill like elemental blocklade, or double destro staff without the possibility to use a defensive ultimate. If you can't understand a pvp build, by being strongly different, cannot win all hid then you need to l2p.

So, to stay focus on the subject of this thread, can you bring informations and tell me why you think stam dk isn't in a good spot ?

Well i already did, just read my posts especially the first spoiler of the post of mine you shared in that Dark Deal post.
    Neither are the builds who killed you built around dueling.
    Most sorcs in open world run shakle +lich which is less damage than necro+lich. Are you running 4 necro+5 lich backbar? Because then your build is just crap as you lose 4k mag on bar swap because the game can't calculate max stam/mag changes when switching bars.

• Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭
    Victimize wrote: »
    You guys seems to be epic bad player.

You didn't notice 1h&S is the meta ? You didn't notice Blocking is the meta ? You didn't notice Stam DK was the king of blocking ? You didn't notice DK is dancing in the meta ?

When I read "dk is not viable", "beating a dead horse" or stam dk is "weak" it just make me laughting.

Your class is VERY GOOD in PvP, it has changed, and it's not that easy than before, but it's still META.

Be happy guys, base block cost is reduced by something around 500 next patch.

Poor Aedrayl dying with a ts group to my stam dk 3+ times on his own resource and suddenly i'm a blocktard fotm stam dk who needs to l2p and is "stronger" than stam nb and msorc. Has it ever occurred to you that you might just be bad and need to l2p yourself? INB4 Disney stories about him killing me 1vx and 1v1 Lmao.

I don't know the player you are referring to, although I have seen that name here and else where on the forums, but... How is your story any better than any theoretical "Disney" stories about him? It's not like you provided a video...

Because there's no need for me to provide a video of me killing an upset zergling? you can just read what he said and its proof enough. He thinks stam dk is meta because I killed him with it....

He has no arguments, so he try to attack me personally, with the traditionnal : "u pet sorc u noob". He doesn't understand cyrodil is different than Bergama dueling spot where people change skills, cps, gear, and use build focused on 1v1 that aren't viable in cyrodil. So, when you bring a build to cyrodil, you need to adapt it. My pet sorc is adapted in cyrodiil and I run necro + lich + engine guardian with non dueling skill like elemental blocklade, or double destro staff without the possibility to use a defensive ultimate. If you can't understand a pvp build, by being strongly different, cannot win all duels then you need to l2p.

Dude just stop, the whole reason you are even commenting on these threads is because you died to a good player and you automatically think its because of class and not player skill. Remember the post where you tried to balance reflective scales saying its an op AF ability because of a 1v1? Also you can actually read this thread to see why stam dk isn't in a good spot. Just saying it can block doesn't make the class strong lol.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play a stam DK

My class has the worst burst of all stam classes.. PVP is all about burst ..
    My class has the worst mobility of all stam classes..
    My class has the 2nd worst healing of all stam classes. ( stam Templars might argue for this spot however the ability to purge is strong .)
    My class has only 2 stam morphs both are dots...
    My class is the 2nd worst now with resource management with stam classes...only beating the stam templar... however in some situations the Templars are stronger...
    Most of the pro stam passives on the DK relate to healing received that has been hammered with the defile boosts... 45 to 60% defile is very common..

Edited by Durham on January 26, 2018 4:26PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind the stam DK is in a very different situation then it's magicka brothers.. The nerfs in the last 5 updates have hit stam DKs much harder with magicka not being hit near as hard...

For example
    Mag DK superior heals now especially with resto
    Whip is much better then dizzy swing..
    Magicka leap is better imo because it can be empowered + it's fire damage...
    More CC then Stam
    Ability to run the resto staff ult.. HUGE

Major draw back of magicka no execute...
    Edited by Durham on January 26, 2018 4:35PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys all need to l2p, really.

Victimize don't call me zerger when you kill me in game with your 1&S friends then t-bag me, insulte me for refuse to 1v1.

Stop modified what I said by telling semi-true quote out of context. Also, I never say reflective scales was an " OP AF abilities" and, I said magicka NB is a build where every damage is reflectable, and for that reason, something should be made, to provide mNB destro/resto a way to damage dk wings. When a skill counter all your damage expect ur ultimate, thats not balanced. I never say reflectives scales shoundn't be buffed or should be nerfed. L2P if you don't understand that.

Dk is strong because the meta is all about 1&S blocking, and dk are king of blocking. That's why Dk is good, and will always be in this meta.

For people with constructive post :
    Durham :

In what stam sorc have a better burst than dk ? They are in the same boat.

In what stam templar have more mobilty than stam dk ? If you put a snare removal, I don't see why.

Stam dk sustain is great because it allow you to sustain WHILE blocking, with helping hand and battle roar. How stam sorc have better sustain ?

For the only 2 class stam morph are dots, sorc doesn't have choice too.

You forget to say the stam dk power : Best block mitigation, great resistance and best block sustain and a better ultimate than DBoS
    Edited by Aedaryl on January 26, 2018 7:29PM
  • Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭

Victimize don't call me zerger when you kill me in game with your 1&S friends then t-bag me, insulte me for refuse to 1v1.

Stop modified what I said by telling semi-true quote out of context. Also, I never say reflective scales was an " OP AF abilities" and, I said magicka NB is a build where every damage is reflectable, and for that reason, something should be made, to provide mNB destro/resto a way to damage dk wings. When a skill counter all your damage expect ur ultimate, thats not balanced. I never say reflectives scales shoundn't be buffed or should be nerfed. L2P if you don't understand that.

Dk is strong because the meta is all about 1&S blocking, and dk are king of blocking. That's why Dk is good, and will always be in this meta.

Durham :

In what stam templar have more mobilty than stam dk ? If you put a snare removal, I don't see why.

Stam dk sustain is great because it allow you to sustain WHILE blocking, with helping hand and battle roar. How stam sorc have better sustain ?

You forget to say the stam dk power : Best block mitigation, great resistance and best block sustain and a better ultimate than DBoS

I already told you dude if you die outnumbering me you don't deserve to even get a 1v1 because the end result will be the same lmfao. Delusional zergling talking about a subject he has 0 clue about and tells everyone to l2p. Just stop because its clear you have 0 knowledge so "L2P"
    Edited by Victimize on January 26, 2018 8:31PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Durham :

Sorc straight up higher weapon damage with burst passives ..poison passive is a joke.... Stam Templar has a magicka purge that also happens to snare everything thus making you more mobile then the stam dk...

. Blocking was 2 patches ago! Most that play the class are not blockbot that can't kill someone... unless the are a complete potatoe..

My sorc has much better sustain I just need a little structure and I'm good...

No sir DBOS is stronger then leap .. my DB delves for higher damage with +20% on undead ...in group setting DB is preferred for multiple drops ... Leap just looks cooler.. Magicka leap is better because it can empowered easily + it does flame damage...
    Stam DK the ones that actually play the class do no go much into block reduction we go for the burst .. While we do block on somethings mainly holding down block is a death sentence... I block very little actually .. A Stam Templar will blast though your stamina if you left click!
    Helping hands was nerfed over 60% .. it's 950 stam on spell that cost 4k magicka lol nice trade off uh... that's 2.5 casts .. let's see what blocking costs are every .25 secs it cost what 1500?
    Edited by Durham on January 27, 2018 12:28AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Durham :

Sorc straight up higher weapon damage with burst passives ..poison passive is a joke.... Stam Templar has a magicka purge that also happens to snare everything thus making you more mobile then the stam dk...

. Blocking was 2 patches ago! Most that play the class are not blockbot that can't kill someone... unless the are a complete potatoe..

No sir DBOS is stronger then leap .. my DB delves for higher damage with +20% on undead ...in group setting DB is preferred for multiple drops ... Leap just looks cooler.. Magicka leap is better because it can empowered easily + it does flame damage...
    Stam DK the ones that actually play the class do no go much into block reduction we go for the burst .. While we do block on somethings mainly holding down block is a death sentence... I block very little actually .. A Stam Templar will blast though your stamina if you left click!
    Helping hands was nerfed over 60% .. it's 950 stam on spell that cost 4k magicka lol nice trade off uh... that's 2.5 casts .. let's see what blocking costs are every .25 secs it cost what 1500?

DBoS is not stronger than leap. But the difference is marginal and comes nowhere near being able to make up for the weaknesses in every other aspect of the kit

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Durham :

DBoS is not stronger than leap. But the difference is marginal and comes nowhere near being able to make up for the weaknesses in every other aspect of the kit

DBoS and leap has very little difference, but DBoS giving you %3 more weapon damage for slotting it, and it can be used on stairs or hills, makes it a winner over leap.

And if leap is not something special anymore, there isn't really much point in playing a sDk.

Ferocious leap for mDk tho, now that is a valueable ult because its much scarier than a meteor.

And one of the many reasons why mDk is the real dk now.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Durham :

DBoS and leap has very little difference, but DBoS giving you %3 more weapon damage for slotting it, and it can be used on stairs or hills, makes it a winner over leap.

And if leap is not something special anymore, there isn't really much point in playing a sDk.

Ferocious leap for mDk tho, now that is a valueable ult because its much scarier than a meteor.

DBoS bugs out just as much as leap does, in the same places and for the same reason.

Leap’s advantage is in the significantly larger area of effect, and if it hits your target can’t block again until they land. It also hits a bit harder which, in my significant amount of experience comparing the two and using both, makes it better

But only a little better.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Durham :

DBoS bugs out just as much as leap does, in the same places and for the same reason.

Leap’s advantage is in the significantly larger area of effect, and if it hits your target can’t block again until they land. It also hits a bit harder which, in my significant amount of experience comparing the two and using both, makes it better

But only a little better.

On high damage builds leap does crazy, insant burst, that is true.

But for DBoS, your positioning matters, not your enemy's. Its quite the difference if you ask me.

But then again, when you take the class limitations into account, a stamsorc can easily go for something like alchemist+draugr hulk/bone pirate,with full damage glyphs, for ridicilously high dawnbreaker tooltips, while the average stamDk has to make sacrifices to make their build work.

I mean, if you're a god tier player of course you can play a medium armor sDk with alchemist-bone pirate, and make up for your weakness with your pure skill.

Right now an equally skilled stamDk can actually beat a stamSorc, but that will change soon, with the uninterruptable dark deal nightmare next patch.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 27, 2018 1:27AM
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We have decided to close this thread as it has become combative and unconstructive. If you would like to continue discussion on this topic feel free to make a new thread to discuss it civily.
    Regards,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.