Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK is Dead!

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »
    All the noobs rerolling because there class isnt competitive anymore? Lolololololol so funny. Its hilarious watching someone like AceMercs faceroll people on his medium armor stamdk. *** last night he beat a MagNB dueling build on his open world stam dk and its not like the mag nb was incompetent either.

First time I hear that name tbh.
    And you are the only hilarious thing in this thread.

I'm not upset you copy my sig, cuz you suffer enough from the state of stam dk
    ^He is proably talking about console :trollface:
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Skoomah wrote: »
    DPS: Burst is too low to finish the kill.

Heal: Shield spam, cloak spam, tree ult spam, breath of life spam is stronger than DK healing.

Tank: Mag DK, Templars, Wardens, Sorcs, and Nightblades all tank just as good or better.

Sustain: Sustain is just as good or better on the other classes.

Mobility: Stam DK is the worst in the game.

RIP Stam DK. Thanks ZOS for making my favorite character not fun to play anymore. Nothing special about Stam DK anymore.

@TrinityBreaker Just quote the OP. SO much errors there. When people use worlds like " dks is not viable in pvp", "dk is dead", they are saying DK. They aren't saying the builds outside of the meta build that's used by almsot everyone.

When you speak to player and to devs, you guys need to be clear. People will take what you say more seriously.

@BohnT and @Ragnarock41 , you just seems stupid when your saying I'm playing pet sorc and so I can't have an objective point of vue on balance.

By saying "you play pet sorc" you just make you non credible. Pet sorc isn't a build. Pet sorc is 3 differents skills different from classical sorc. That's mean saying pet sorc is stupid, because you can have 1 or 2 pets, deadric pray or not.

Also, you seems to forget I'm playing pet sorc in openworld and make it work. And I'm one of-, if not the only one to bring pet sorc in pvp for years with effective results. Your image of pet sorc is biased and false. No, the pet sorc is not only the full damage build in Bergama that's not viable outside of 1v1.

Try to bring mechanics everyone calls not viable, theorycraft around it to have what you need for openworld, bring it there and make it work.

Then come back here telling me "ur a pet sorc lol no u have ni skill".

Playing a class doesn't mean you can't play other class. Playing a class doesn't mean you don't know mechanics of others class.

guess what?
    Your image of stamDk is also wrong.

Im playing a stamDk, with 2h/bow.
    And as it stands right now its literally the weakest toon to play as a dps character.

You're coming here, first thing you say is ''you guys are bad''
    What do you even know about me or the other people here?

Am I bad because I didn't switch to the meta builds yet?
    (Which is making a stamden btw.)
    amir412 wrote: »
    All the noobs rerolling because there class isnt competitive anymore? Lolololololol so funny. Its hilarious watching someone like AceMercs faceroll people on his medium armor stamdk. *** last night he beat a MagNB dueling build on his open world stam dk and its not like the mag nb was incompetent either.

actually Im kind of a dark souls fan, tho the reference fits nice here.
    I will eventually decide between leaving this game or switching to something else.

When I do that, I promise you I will delete this signature.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 22, 2018 1:30PM
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heal: Shield spam, cloak spam, tree ult spam, breath of life spam is stronger than DK healing.

Tank: Mag DK, Templars, Wardens, Sorcs, and Nightblades all tank just as good or better.

RIP Stam DK. Thanks ZOS for making my favorite character not fun to play anymore. Nothing special about Stam DK anymore.

@TrinityBreaker Just quote the OP. SO much errors there. When people use worlds like " dks is not viable in pvp", "dk is dead", they are saying DK. They aren't saying the builds outside of the meta build that's used by almsot everyone.

When you speak to player and to devs, you guys need to be clear. People will take what you say more seriously.

@BohnT and @Ragnarock41 , you just seems stupid when your saying I'm playing pet sorc and so I can't have an objective point of vue on balance.

By saying "you play pet sorc" you just make you non credible. Pet sorc isn't a build. Pet sorc is 3 differents skills different from classical sorc. That's mean saying pet sorc is stupid, because you can have 1 or 2 pets, deadric pray or not.

Also, you seems to forget I'm playing pet sorc in openworld and make it work. And I'm one of-, if not the only one to bring pet sorc in pvp for years with effective results. Your image of pet sorc is biased and false. No, the pet sorc is not only the full damage build in Bergama that's not viable outside of 1v1.

Try to bring mechanics everyone calls not viable, theorycraft around it to have what you need for openworld, bring it there and make it work.

Playing a class doesn't mean you can't play other class. Playing a class doesn't mean you don't know mechanics of others class.

guess what?

And as it stands right now its literally the weakest toon to play as a dps character.

I will eventually decide between leaving this game or switching to something else.

Dark souls 1 remastered May 25th hype.

But on topic, my stam dk never gets played anymore. It used to be my favorite open world class too. It's a shame.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »

guess what?

But on topic, my stam dk never gets played anymore. It used to be my favorite open world class too. It's a shame.

oh I'll be playing it for sure. (DS1 I mean, not stamDk)
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /agree
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    (stamDK) can be the most dominant class in PvE (best single target DPS in the game

How so? DW w/ bow backbar? Which class skills are mixed in?

Venom Claw, Noxious Breath, Flames of Oblivion, Standard of Might and Molten Armaments. And Stam DKs have the best sustain in PvE. And the most brain dead rotation possible. And they still pull more DPS than a Stamblade who has to bust his arse to not screw up his rotation while doing mechanics.

This is the PvP section of forums. learn to read before posting here. seriously. there are shittons of stamDk pve guides out there, go read them.

I was replying to a comment that was asking which class skills were mixed in with the PvE Stam DK setup/rotation. Learn to read before posting a rude reply.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    (stamDK) can be the most dominant class in PvE (best single target DPS in the game

How so? DW w/ bow backbar? Which class skills are mixed in?

Venom Claw, Noxious Breath, Flames of Oblivion, Standard of Might and Molten Armaments. And Stam DKs have the best sustain in PvE. And the most brain dead rotation possible. And they still pull more DPS than a Stamblade who has to bust his arse to not screw up his rotation while doing mechanics.

This is the PvP section of forums. learn to read before posting here. seriously. there are shittons of stamDk pve guides out there, go read them.

I was replying to a comment that was asking which class skills were mixed in with the PvE Stam DK setup/rotation. Learn to read before posting a rude reply.

based on my toxic personality I should answer you with another rude reply but...
    Actually you have a point. Apologies. My point stands tho.

I just wanted to keep the pve people away from this post, as they are everywhere and their mentality is even more toxic than mine.

What mentality? ''stamDk is top dps in an optimized trial with heavy attack builds so it shouldn't be good at anything else'' mentality.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 22, 2018 5:25PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

guess what?

Oh boy, cant wait for ds1.
    I dont really care about the sig buddy x)

I
    Edited by amir412 on January 22, 2018 6:35PM

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

guess what?

I

I'm trying not to think about it before the release lol.
    Meanwhile I will be playing halo 2 on legendary to prepare my mental health.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

guess what?

I

Dont give up!
    You should try medium armor stam dk solo open world without speed pots, ive heard its op.
    Edited by amir412 on January 22, 2018 6:40PM

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

guess what?

I

Dont give up!
    You should try medium armor stam dk solo open world without speed pots, ive heard its op.

been there done that my friend, nowadays Im building up my stamsorc.
    kind of similar to 2h stamDK playstyle.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 22, 2018 6:47PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

guess what?

I

Dont give up!

Nah all other classes out perform in medium even more..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

guess what?

I

Dont give up!

medium armor is obviously not the strenght of stamDK, tho it is playable. I would enjoy medium armor on my stamDk a lot more
    If I didn't had to invest sooo much into sustain, and reliance on speed pots makes it really costy to play.
    After all Dk is a class that is naturally immobile and heavy armor SnB combo suits that slow playstyle.
    But there is a problem when a stamblade can be a better heavy armor fighter ,without even utilizing cloak.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 22, 2018 8:49PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

guess what?

I

Dont give up!

medium armor is obviously not the strenght of stamDK, tho it is playable. I would enjoy medium armor on my stamDk a lot more
    If I didn't had to invest sooo much into sustain, and reliance on speed pots makes it really costy to play.
    After all Dk is a class that is naturally immobile and heavy armor SnB combo suits that slow playstyle.
    But there is a problem when a stamblade can be a better heavy armor fighter ,without even utilizing cloak.

If your main dmg is light/heavy > heroic > bash, there is no way u can sustain with med, even with 2k regen - tried everything, and even if u could u wont have enough dmg or tankiness.

• Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭
    You guys seems to be epic bad player.

You didn't notice 1h&S is the meta ? You didn't notice Blocking is the meta ? You didn't notice Stam DK was the king of blocking ? You didn't notice DK is dancing in the meta ?

When I read "dk is not viable", "beating a dead horse" or stam dk is "weak" it just make me laughting.

Your class is VERY GOOD in PvP, it has changed, and it's not that easy than before, but it's still META.

Be happy guys, base block cost is reduced by something around 500 next patch.

Poor Aedrayl dying with a ts group to my stam dk 3+ times on his own resource and suddenly i'm a blocktard fotm stam dk who needs to l2p and is "stronger" than stam nb and msorc. Has it ever occurred to you that you might just be bad and need to l2p yourself? INB4 Disney stories about him killing me 1vx and 1v1 Lmao.
    Edited by Victimize on January 23, 2018 3:27PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victimize wrote: »
    You guys seems to be epic bad player.

You didn't notice 1h&S is the meta ? You didn't notice Blocking is the meta ? You didn't notice Stam DK was the king of blocking ? You didn't notice DK is dancing in the meta ?

When I read "dk is not viable", "beating a dead horse" or stam dk is "weak" it just make me laughting.

Your class is VERY GOOD in PvP, it has changed, and it's not that easy than before, but it's still META.

Be happy guys, base block cost is reduced by something around 500 next patch.

Poor Aedrayl dying with a ts group to my stam dk 3+ times on his own resource and suddenly i'm a blocktard fotm stam dk who needs to l2p and is "stronger" than stam nb and msorc. Has it ever occurred to you that you might just be bad and need to l2p yourself? INB4 Disney stories about him killing me 1vx and 1v1 Lmao.

I don't know the player you are referring to, although I have seen that name here and else where on the forums, but... How is your story any better than any theoretical "Disney" stories from him? It's not like you provided a video...
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on January 24, 2018 12:53AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's keep this thread constructive please. Stam DKs need some love. @Wrobel. Show some bros some love!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too busy buffing nightblades and wardens and nerfing the sets that DKs need the most. We’re a class with a healing received and health regen passive, so of course 7th legions heal and troll kings health regen get nerfed.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Too busy buffing nightblades and wardens and nerfing the sets that DKs need the most. We’re a class with a healing received and health regen passive, so of course 7th legions heal and troll kings health regen get nerfed.

not to mention stamDK is the only class that doesnt have a backup plan against defile stacking.
    Each patch I'm saying they can't nerf whats already dead, but zos finds a way to do it anyways.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 24, 2018 7:24AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maybe with the new update, you should rename this tread to "MagDK is dead"
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

in PvP magDks are very strong, and only kept in line by their weak mobility and lack of execute(Which is a heavy price to pay, but stamDK pays a heavier price for no reason at all), and even with the lack of execute they do outperform their stamina counterpart, heavily, while being much easier to play. The nerf will change that, I don't know big of a nerf it is, but I'm pretty sure most of the no skill magDKs will disappear.

The PTS changes will give medium armor users a chance to at least try fighting a magDk instead of getting roflstomped in 3 seconds by a 8-10k power lash.

What will really hurt magDK in PvP is that the 3 seconds cooldown will stop them from getting multiple power lash procs against multiple people, which is a sad thing, Its always sad when a class becomes worse for solo play. even when its the ridicilous cheeseball magDks with permablock.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 24, 2018 8:08AM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This will actually affect the stam DK the most ... right now many DKs feel like they only have 2 sets now . Fury and Seventh... With the seventh nerf this will showcase the stam DK weakness more so....

I have tried medium and every heavy set in the game on my DK I feel seventh is best in slot atm.. After the next patch it's going to still be strong imo.... Truth could be a wildcard set need to go the test server with that one..

Issues with the class...
    No burst heal... Green Dragon Blood should be stam related...
    No decent class PVP oriented stam damage ability...
    Almost required to run 2 sets to be competitive..
    Weakened resource management .. Helping hands should be re-examined

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Play a stamina warden. It does everything a stamina DK does, but better.

Stamina DK has been a joke since morrowind

That goes for every Stam class. A Stam warden can do what they do and do it better.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

magdk also need rework. it have no counterplay to templars. but in general more balanced that stam dks now. colldown on power lash 3 seconds is not so hurt. much more imbalanced on pts was power lash spam.
    And ye with this cooldown, magdk will need more resourses in next patch same as stam, because both in pvp and pve too tied to this skill for damage and healing.

That goes for every Stam class. A Stam warden can do what they do and do it better.

biggest gap is between stam dk and warden. literally worst stamina.

@Anethum from .ua
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »

magdk also need rework. it have no counterplay to templars. but in general more balanced that stam dks now. colldown on power lash 3 seconds is not so hurt. much more imbalanced on pts was power lash spam.
    And ye with this cooldown, magdk will need more resourses in next patch same as stam, because both in pvp and pve too tied to this skill for damage and healing.

Stam warden puts stam dk and stam sorc to shame, for sure.

But i dont think its a good comparable to stam nb.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »

Stam warden puts stam dk and stam sorc to shame, for sure.

But i dont think its a good comparable to stam nb.

stamblade has some pros and cons over stamdens.

So I wouldn't really say warden's existance makes nbs useless, or stamplars.

It mostly shows how outdated stamsorc/stamDK is.

Tho with the interrupt changes, stamsorc might actually be really strong next patch.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went here and saw Aedaryl disgustingly whining in every post. I went Guild Wars2 and saw him doing that again
    oO
    Is this a cycle?
    Edited by Ashamray on January 25, 2018 9:12AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    @Victimize Shut up kiddo, @Ray Dm 1vxs you on the regular
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is this trollking nerf, didnt see in the latest patchnotes?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    What is this trollking nerf, didnt see in the latest patchnotes?

It's a fix, on live the health regen of trollking and drinks isn't reduced by defiles.
This discussion has been closed.