Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

PvE Tanking Discussion for Dragon Bones

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No good will come of this change. This is the logical conclusion to what I've been saying for years. Repeated nerfs to blocking and tanking are starting to erode the rolls ability to actually function.

One more nerf like this and tanking -will- not function. ZOS needs to stop trying to heavy handedly trying to crush a problem souly on PVP's end, and relegate these changes to Cyro only.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on January 9, 2018 5:13AM
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good . Tanks can cry all they like it was out of control . Good job Wrobel .
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of control?

For who? PVP? Because if that's the case, these changes could be applied themselves to Cyro and nothing else.

If not...then I question your ability to speak on this.

Edited by Doctordarkspawn on January 9, 2018 5:09AM
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    You really do not need to use blockade honestly, if you are heavy attacking you can keep crusher up just fine doing that. Heavy attacking does not take long at all, you shouldn't be losing downtimes.

Sustaining won't be that difficult if you roll the appropriate race and class for it, and we are end game players, running what is best in slot should not be an issue for anyone.

I agree these are straight nerfs and we keep getting tank nerfs because of PvP which is ridiculous but these nerfs aren't the end of the world, I kinda like these ones as it's going to make tanking a little harder.

I actually need to run Blockade . Applying Crusher while stunned or while being away from boss makes a huge difference in many fights . You must have seen some Storm Atro parses before . While no-lightning-staff tanks are getting around 70% , I consider 99% as low . Just an example .

About heavy attacks , it is true that they don't take long but it doesn't change the fact that they take longer than normal . A heavy attack + skill is slower than two skills in a row . I will be losing buff uptimes and so are you , like everyone else .

The thing that makes me mad been pointed by many other players . Problem is not permablocking . It is the amount of healing and mitigation . Almost all PvP builds being centered around burst is just the perfect proof of that . Anyway , that's about PvP so I don't want to get into that even more . It is just that I don't like getting nerfed because of something that is completely unrelated to me .
    The only real differences I see is that you are going to need to be an Argonian and make clever use of their passives.

Almost forgot . This is an another nerf . As an Imperial , if I switch to Argonian , I'll be losing stats to recover (only a part of) the lost sustain . What a joke ...
    Stamden wrote: »
    I never got why people complain about permablocking builds in PvP in the first place. It's annoying, but there is nothing effective about it.

True . I wish ZOS would see this as clear as we do . They are just listening to some casuls who are simply bad at PvP :/
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    I do not see these changes to block cost being anything different than on Live server in terms of sustain, as long as you are heavy attacking you should be fine. Do not forget about when heavy attacking an offbalanced enemy you restore double the resources which you can do every 20 seconds.

There are also more than just 2 synergies that you can use. And maybe groups might be setting up for that now, that would be a nice change of pace instead of just throwing all of your points into penetration CP.

@Nifty2g That is correct except one thing . Heavy attacks cost time which is used for keeping buff/debuffs with higher uptime . I honestly have no idea how I am going to fit heavy attacks while keeping taunt , heroic slash , mountain blessing , blockade and engulfing flames uptime while using balance to keep my magicka up .
    You really do not need to use blockade honestly, if you are heavy attacking you can keep crusher up just fine doing that. Heavy attacking does not take long at all, you shouldn't be losing downtimes.

Sustaining won't be that difficult if you roll the appropriate race and class for it, and we are end game players, running what is best in slot should not be an issue for anyone.

I agree these are straight nerfs and we keep getting tank nerfs because of PvP which is ridiculous but these nerfs aren't the end of the world, I kinda like these ones as it's going to make tanking a little harder.

I disagree with one point.

Tanks are getting nerfs not only because of PVP, rather also because they are capable of virtually if not entirely abandoning "tanking" sets for damage sets designed to boost group performance.

PVP is what people are whining about, but "tanks" running destro dps skills back bar is a microcosm of how far tanking has shifted.
    Tanks providing group utility has been around for years that at this point I'd be surprised if the developers say themselves they do not like this and want to go a different route. I don't believe that is the case here.
    I mean this with no offense at all, running destro dps skills on back bar is just a lazy/smart way of getting high crusher uptimes. There are other ways of doing it which will become more universally used this coming update.
    Using heavy attacks as a tank gives the group more support if you are using Torugs with infused crusher because even trying to spam skills to keep crusher up 100% in current patch will drain your stamina.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Nolic1 wrote: »
    The thing we need to focus on is how are we the players going to try and make builds to fit these new changes.
    Easy I can provide a step by step

*Become an Argonian with race change sale.
    *Heavy attack more and heavy attack when bosses are offbalanced. Making an addon for this you get bonus points.
    *Use potions at appropriate times.

Something for someone to consider/test -- reduce potion cooldown enchantments with Argonian.
    Nolic1 wrote: »
    The thing we need to focus on is how are we the players going to try and make builds to fit these new changes.
    Easy I can provide a step by step

*Become an Argonian with race change sale.
    *Heavy attack more and heavy attack when bosses are offbalanced. Making an addon for this you get bonus points.
    *Use potions at appropriate times.

Something for someone to consider/test -- reduce potion cooldown enchantments with Argonian.

Glyph of potion speed sounds like a great idea. Imagine being able to pop a potion every 30 seconds. Makes the trash pots worthwhile. Perhaps I will stock them up rather than selling them.

Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of control?

For who? PVP? Because if that's the case, these changes could be applied themselves to Cyro and nothing else.

lol I don't need you to validate my opinion . The Devs already have by making the changes .
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually need to run Blockade . Applying Crusher while stunned or while being away from boss makes a huge difference in many fights . You must have seen some Storm Atro parses before . While no-lightning-staff tanks are getting around 70% , I consider 99% as low . Just an example .

About heavy attacks , it is true that they don't take long but it doesn't change the fact that they take longer than normal . A heavy attack + skill is slower than two skills in a row . I will be losing buff uptimes and so are you , like everyone else .

The thing that makes me mad been pointed by many other players . Problem is not permablocking . It is the amount of healing and mitigation . Almost all PvP builds being centered around burst is just the perfect proof of that . Anyway , that's about PvP so I don't want to get into that even more . It is just that I don't like getting nerfed because of something that is completely unrelated to me .
    The only real differences I see is that you are going to need to be an Argonian and make clever use of their passives.

Almost forgot . This is an another nerf . As an Imperial , if I switch to Argonian , I'll be losing stats to recover (only a part of) the lost sustain . What a joke ...
    Stamden wrote: »
    I never got why people complain about permablocking builds in PvP in the first place. It's annoying, but there is nothing effective about it.

True . I wish ZOS would see this as clear as we do . They are just listening to some casuls who are simply bad at PvP :/
    If you are using a storm atro parse here, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to sustain on that fight in this coming patch anyway. Nothing will change for that fight at all. Or any ranged fights for that matter where you are going to use blockade.

What buff uptime are you losing, a heavy attack takes 1 second, I don't understand what buff you are going to be losing.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see these changes to block cost being anything different than on Live server in terms of sustain, as long as you are heavy attacking you should be fine. Do not forget about when heavy attacking an offbalanced enemy you restore double the resources which you can do every 20 seconds.

There are also more than just 2 synergies that you can use. And maybe groups might be setting up for that now, that would be a nice change of pace instead of just throwing all of your points into penetration CP.

@Nifty2g That is correct except one thing . Heavy attacks cost time which is used for keeping buff/debuffs with higher uptime . I honestly have no idea how I am going to fit heavy attacks while keeping taunt , heroic slash , mountain blessing , blockade and engulfing flames uptime while using balance to keep my magicka up .

Tanks are getting nerfs not only because of PVP, rather also because they are capable of virtually if not entirely abandoning "tanking" sets for damage sets designed to boost group performance.

PVP is what people are whining about, but "tanks" running destro dps skills back bar is a microcosm of how far tanking has shifted.
    Tanks providing group utility has been around for years that at this point I'd be surprised if the developers say themselves they do not like this and want to go a different route. I don't believe that is the case here.
    I mean this with no offense at all, running destro dps skills on back bar is just a lazy/smart way of getting high crusher uptimes. There are other ways of doing it which will become more universally used this coming update.
    Using heavy attacks as a tank gives the group more support if you are using Torugs with infused crusher because even trying to spam skills to keep crusher up 100% in current patch will drain your stamina.

Yeah, I dont get why they keep acting like tanks shouldn't do group support.

They've pushed them into that roll for ages, I dont get what they want. Much like the skill advisor, it shows the fundemental disconnect that the devs have with what the players want and need from game balance. And the only way it'll stop is if the problem people step down.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on January 9, 2018 5:16AM
    Options
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve just fairly recently begun to truly enjoy PvE tanking, and then this. :neutral:
    I’m crossing my fingers and toes for a better solution when Dragon Bones goes live.

I’ll be tanking extensively until it launches, enjoy every moment of it, gobble every synergy, and debuff until the sun rises, just in case the harsh Tankpocalypse falls upon us.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of control?

lol I don't need you to validate my opinion . The Devs already have by making the changes .

Which are ill advised and will only hurt the game for a minority of the playerbase.

Good job. Your opinion is harmfull to the game at large.

Tanking didn't need a nerf. It's usefullness was relegated to a few game modes and tanks will find other ways to be unkillable in PVP.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on January 9, 2018 5:18AM
    Options
  • Screamo
    Screamo
    ✭✭✭

Using blockade on backbar isnt just a lazy way of applying crusher. Its the most effective way of applying it and it also helps keeping up off balance for the group. Also pls explain to me how you will keep your crusher enchant up while rakkat switches platforms in mol.
    Edited by Screamo on January 9, 2018 5:23AM
    Maintank der Gruppe Basilisk Ancaria

ancaria.shivtr.com
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not about group utility, its about thinking you need to provide every single buff for the group. Tanking has become entirely secondary to what buffs you provide.

Tanks by and large are not running sets to increase their survivability, to increase their sustain, or to improve their functionality. They are running sets entirely to support the group, sets which leave them desperate for resources and healing.

Its a complex problem which really falls mainly into two categories:

-First it is far to easy to mitigate the majority of damage with block.

-Second it is far to easy to sustain block.

They are addressing the sustain currently.

If tanks stepped back and stopped trying to bring all the support, if dps stopped seeing tanks as their glorified personal assistants, they might find its really not hard to simply keep up crusher and Warhorn.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screamo wrote: »

Using blockade on backbar isnt just a lazy way of applying crusher. Its the most effective way of applying it and it also helps keeping up off balance for the group. Also pls explain to me how you will keep your crusher enchant up while rakkat switches platforms in mol.
    I said it's a lazy/smart way of keeping it up. You can just simply proc crusher as Rakkhat is going to break a platform by light attacking, heavy attacking or using taunt/heroic slash. Crusher lasts 5 seconds.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not balance PvP permablocking with Battlespirit nerfs? ....sigh
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is a PvE thread . If a PvE tank killed you or you failed to kill them , I don't know what to say . If a PvP tank killed you , lol that's even worse ^^
    If you are using a storm atro parse here, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to sustain on that fight in this coming patch anyway. Nothing will change for that fight at all. Or any ranged fights for that matter where you are going to use blockade.

What buff uptime are you losing, a heavy attack takes 1 second, I don't understand what buff you are going to be losing.

Rakkhat Barrage . You will be blocking at least 10 hits back to back , which will consume at least 330 stamina , while using Absorb Magic . That's almost 10k stamina , just like that . Without having any time to actually debuff boss .

What about axes ? Will you drop block to heavy attack which will make you take several 5k hits in that small window ?

While tanking warrior , will you take the chance of getting knocked back to adds attack ? They are almost instant you know ...

I play with at least 120 ping and to be honest , I am not gonna do any of these unless I have to .

Anyway , I hope you are right . I really do .
    Vaoh wrote: »

Because ZOS ^^
    Options
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If block only stops secondary effects like stun, snares, knockbacks and oneshots instead of the insane damage mitigation it would solve the problem. That promotes "you block only when you need to" mindset and keep tanking interesting.

I play how I want to.

Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If block only stops secondary effects like stun, snares, knockbacks and oneshots instead of the insane damage mitigation it would solve the problem. That promotes "you block only when you need to" mindset and keep tanking interesting.

This would be decent for PvP but destroy PvE . There are boss attacks that can deal 20k+ damage even while blocking . Here is an example , Assembly General . The famous punch . Can't dodge it , have to block . If you don't block , guaranteed death ^^
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it sad that ZOS worries about tanks who kill no one... except people who can’t push the heal button.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a PvE thread . If a PvE tank killed you or you failed to kill them , I don't know what to say . If a PvP tank killed you , lol that's even worse ^^

Rakkhat Barrage . You will be blocking at least 10 hits back to back , which will consume at least 330 stamina , while using Absorb Magic . That's almost 10k stamina , just like that . Without having any time to actually debuff boss .

What about axes ? Will you drop block to heavy attack which will make you take several 5k hits in that small window ?

While tanking warrior , will you take the chance of getting knocked back to adds attack ? They are almost instant you know ...

I play with at least 120 ping and to be honest , I am not gonna do any of these unless I have to .

Because ZOS ^^
    As I said though, you will likely have to run Argonian to counteract the nerfs. I mean I don't like Argonian I prefer using my Imperial.
    Rakkhat Barrage is simple to overcome though, you can proc crusher as it starts and use it towards the end, and just have someone guarding you to reduce the damage, I believe they did that in the top vmol score. I truly don't think this is going to be the end of tanking and having tanks give support to the groups, all we are going to need to do is race change and make sure you watch that off balance, I think someone should make an addon for it though to be able to track it

Heavy attacking tanks isn't a new concept though, that's been around since morrowind
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 9, 2018 5:40AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭

I never PvP. But I am aware of the existence of PvP-only modifiers. Can’t the Devs adjust block cost in such a way that the nerfs only apply when attacked by a player instead?
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never PvP. But I am aware of the existence of PvP-only modifiers. Can’t the Devs adjust block cost in such a way that the nerfs only apply when attacked by a player instead?

We've suggested it time and again but they never respond. Either they're unable to by sheer incompitence, or unwilling.
    Options
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭

We've suggested it time and again but they never respond. Either they're unable to by sheer incompitence, or unwilling.

Just pure idiocy. The simplest solution is already there to pacify both PvErs and PvPers.

Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I said though, you will likely have to run Argonian to counteract the nerfs. I mean I don't like Argonian I prefer using my Imperial.
    Rakkhat Barrage is simple to overcome though, you can proc crusher as it starts and use it towards the end, and just have someone guarding you to reduce the damage, I believe they did that in the top vmol score. I truly don't think this is going to be the end of tanking and having tanks give support to the groups, all we are going to need to do is race change and make sure you watch that off balance, I think someone should make an addon for it though to be able to track it

Heavy attacking tanks isn't a new concept though, that's been around since morrowind

Now that you are giving an example out of the top vmol score , I highly recommend you to watch it again . Tank is constantly reapplying buffs/debuffs and still having downtimes , well maybe not the best timing with skills but still . I am having a hard time to understand how it will be the same uptimes with heavy attacks in between ^^

I am pretty sure you can track Off Balance with Srendarr , using the whitelist thingy .
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because ZOS ^^

ZoS has stated many times they do not balance PVP and PVE separate so if you make a thread about blocking it involves both PVP and PVE . There are no PVE only threads on balance . You assume too much like I don't have a perma blocking tank that people can't kill without a Zerg . You are too emotional about the issue to see clearly and just make accusations . PVE is rediculous easy . If this change makes you walk away from tanking , it is you , not I that needs to L2P and GitGid lol .
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You assume too much like I don't have a perma blocking tank that people can't kill without a Zerg .

So you are saying that permablock tanks can only be killed with a zerg . Ok . I understand that you have no idea about not only PvE , also PvP . I am not going to bother with your useless comments on this thread anymore . Good day .
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that you are giving an example out of the top vmol score , I highly recommend you to watch it again . Tank is constantly reapplying buffs/debuffs and still having downtimes , well maybe not the best timing with skills but still . I am having a hard time to understand how it will be the same uptimes with heavy attacks in between ^^

I am pretty sure you can track Off Balance with Srendarr , using the whitelist thingy .
    All I mentioned from the top score video was that main tank was being guarded which would help in current update to have higher uptimes to proc crusher even though you could simple proc it before the barrage starts.

I want to know why you think it is hard to keep buffs up while heavy attacking, you do know you do not have to heavy attack before every single skill? Set yourself a rotation to keep up. I am going to be honest here and say these timers are very easy to say ahead of.

Taunt lasts 15 seconds
    Breach/Fracture lasts 12 seconds
    Maim lasts 12 seconds
    Heroism lasts 9 seconds
    Engulfing lasts 10 seconds
    Alkosh lasts 10 seconds
    Crusher lasts 5 seconds
    Heavy attack takes less than 2 seconds to do

I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to stay ahead because you are heavy attacking here and there, is this because you really don't want to?
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You assume too much like I don't have a perma blocking tank that people can't kill without a Zerg .

So you are saying that permablock tanks can only be killed with a zerg . Ok . I understand that you have no idea about not only PvE , also PvP . I am not going to bother with your useless comments on this thread anymore . Good day .

Enjoy your nerf . Haha
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I mentioned from the top score video was that main tank was being guarded which would help in current update to have higher uptimes to proc crusher even though you could simple proc it before the barrage starts.

I want to know why you think it is hard to keep buffs up while heavy attacking, you do know you do not have to heavy attack before every single skill? Set yourself a rotation to keep up. I am going to be honest here and say these timers are very easy to say ahead of.

Taunt lasts 15 seconds
    Maim lasts 12 seconds
    Heroism lasts 9 seconds
    Alkosh lasts 10 seconds
    Crusher lasts 5 seconds

I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to stay ahead because you are heavy attacking here and there, is this because you really don't want to?

I do have a rotation and it is just enough to keep every buff up with self sustain . Here it is :

Taunt > LA > Heroic Slash > LA > Igneous Shield > Swap > Blockade > LA > Engulfing > Swap > HA > Balance > HA > Balance > LA , repeat

Light attacks can be skipped while blocking .

Whatever I changed , I either ran out of Magicka or had a downtime on buffs/debuffs . Problem is , even though this is a heavy attack rotation , this is only usable in dummy-like fights . Most mechanics break this rotation due to how dependant it is on that ''HA>Balance>HA>Balance'' part . That is where my sustain comes from . If a mechanic prevents me from doing that part , at least a quarter of my resources will be gone :/ To recover the lost resources , I'll have to drop some uptime from buffs and debuffs . I would like to hear what kind of rotation you use that is more reliable :)

Note : I tried without Balance , magicka can't hold up without dropping Lord Warden or destroying my stats by using Max HP + Mag Regen food .
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Taunt lasts 15 seconds
    Maim lasts 12 seconds
    Heroism lasts 9 seconds
    Alkosh lasts 10 seconds
    Crusher lasts 5 seconds

I do have a rotation and it is just enough to keep every buff up with self sustain . Here it is :

Taunt > LA > Heroic Slash > LA > Igneous Shield > Swap > Blockade > LA > Engulfing > Swap > HA > Balance > HA > Balance > LA , repeat

Light attacks can be skipped while blocking .

Whatever I changed , I either ran out of Magicka or had a downtime on buffs/debuffs . Problem is , even though this is a heavy attack rotation , this is only usable in dummy-like fights . Most mechanics break this rotation due to how dependant it is on that ''HA>Balance>HA>Balance'' part . That is where my sustain comes from . If a mechanic prevents me from doing that part , at least a quarter of my resources will be gone :/ To recover the lost resources , I'll have to drop some uptime from buffs and debuffs . I would like to hear what kind of rotation you use that is more reliable :)

Note : I tried without Balance , magicka can't hold up without dropping Lord Warden or destroying my stats by using Max HP + Mag Regen food .
    You should theoretically not need balance if you are argonian and say Engulfing is procing most of your magickasteal reliably but lets assume we are using balance to keep up our armor buffs

I start off by going longest to shortest so; taunt, heroic slash, engulfing (i'd use balance on the next rotation and then use it every 2nd set). Since crusher normally procs on taunt engulfing is where i heavy attack to proc it again before i redo that rotation. light attacking depends on the bosses attack pattern so I don't get one shot which is why i didn't include it

I don't use blockade because I really don't see a point to it, crusher is applying all the time with torugs and infused changes but I guess it's personal preference at this point. So that's 1 less thing I need to worry about, and because it has a 8 second timer would also throw off a rotation without spending all your resources. All I will change this update is making sure I don't use a potion when a boss is offbalanced.

As for Alkosh, it's a bit difficult and it is hard to get a perfect uptime on it anyway with how synergies are right now and it's going to be even harder unless you can fit a warden healer into the group. The main thing about that rotation is keeping up crusher honestly, so you need to track it and depending where you are in the rotation to heavy attack before picking up a synergy.

But yeah, I really don't think tanking will change much for us other than possibly changing race, but we will see. That might not even be needed. I mean it'd make everything a lot easier.

And lets be honest, not every uptime will be perfect because a lot of the time boss mechanics are preventing it, either they jump around or they have invulnerability phases.
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 9, 2018 7:28AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options