Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MAGBLADE pvp theorycrafting

• Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Rtee, never Wizard's Riposte on magblade! You already get Minor Maim from Shade and Fear!

Much more easily manageable uptime though (i.e nearly permanent). Since I got my hands on some Riposte gear, I feel as if my life expectancy is probably double, if not more.

Regardless of any of that though, I'm lately really starting to appreciate the value of a high stam pool on Magblade. Almost to the point of considering throwing a few attribute points at it too. Thoughts anyone?
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO I like transmutation with TK or Skoria, then pick your damage set. Either overwhelming, BSW (with flame enchant), or Julianos.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Rtee, never Wizard's Riposte on magblade! You already get Minor Maim from Shade and Fear!

That’s what I’m saying bro, I see a large portion of wizards riposte on magblades and it looks so stupid.
    Good luck putting that minor maim on all the players around you. Wizards riposte is only redudant on magblades in a 1v1 scenario. In group play it is still amazingly good.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s what I’m saying bro, I see a large portion of wizards riposte on magblades and it looks so stupid.

Shade is single target and fear is close range with bad uptime. In open world when 5 people are beating on you, 3 from range, I'd like to see you fear each one every 4 seconds. LUL

Riposte is a godlike set for magblade open world, especially combined with trans or a damage set. Anyone who says otherwise has obviously never played magblade seriously enough.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »
    Ok, i think shacklebreaker/spinners/1 domi really isnt the bets option for magblade (and my regen sucks ass)

i was thinking:

valkyn/warmaiden/lich

valkyn/wizards repost/lich

wizards repost/warmaiden/1 domi (?! woudl this work?)

Valkyn/warmaiden/amberplasm (amber back bar?)

(all thsi for destro/resto)

What you guys think?

Good luck getting a lich resto I’ve been trying for weeks. But you can play with 1 domihaus also. This build is so good. When I get that lich resto skoria is gonna kick this build into high gear with burst and a little more health. Also just lots of options to play around with.
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Ok, i think shacklebreaker/spinners/1 domi really isnt the bets option for magblade (and my regen sucks ass)

i was thinking:

valkyn/warmaiden/lich

What you guys think?

Good luck getting a lich resto I’ve been trying for weeks. But you can play with 1 domihaus also. This build is so good. When I get that lich resto skoria is gonna kick this build into high gear with burst and a little more health. Also just lots of options to play around with.

already have it, its charged so i need to change it, not sure if defending or powered though
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i was thinking:

valkyn/warmaiden/lich

What you guys think?

already have it, its charged so i need to change it, not sure if defending or powered though

I hate you so much right now :D we’ll have fun then, I love that build. Magicka for days and a lot of hitting power. Soul assault is so strong when buffed/empowered by entropy. People hate you for it a lot. Meteor lags out on me too much playing from Asia, so I slot SA instead of an execute and use it as such. It has soemthing like a 75k tooltip without the empower.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Anyone here running a 2h/resto build? Was messing with it the other night and just felt conflicted.

The way I tried to play it is like sustain bar and burst bar. Weave swallow cripple degeneration and siphon while keeping up shield till mercy procs the. Lotus to incap and mercy for the burst and a la conceal strike for the follow up.

what I found though is alot of times I end up fighting meele weaving concealed till mercy procs because the damage is more. The heals from swallow seemed more on resto which is nice.

Maybe I just need to find a few good 1v1s to see how this build really works Idk just felt off, but it was 1st run so maybe it will feel more natural. But my initial impression was, is forward momentum really worth it over dw and an extra set passive.

They way I'd start playing magblade with a 2h/resto is lich/war maiden/grothdarr-TK-BS with an argonian for stam sustain (thanks to immov tripots LUL #balanced), or amber/riposte/1domihaus for non fotm argonians, then improve from there based on what is lacking in conjunction with your playstyle.

If shade was working dw would also be viable imo with smth like amber/necro/grothdarr.

After a couple more runs with 2h it's feeling more comfortable. Atm I'm running 2 skoria 5 shackle 4 necro, resources are pretty good. I'm 38k mag 18k hp out of cyro and 13k stam, with 1900 regen and 2k damage un buffed with a purple sword atm.

I would love to use TK but from what I understand vamp passive reduces the heal amount.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Shade is single target and fear is close range with bad uptime. In open world when 5 people are beating on you, 3 from range, I'd like to see you fear each one every 4 seconds. LUL

Riposte is a godlike set for magblade open world, especially combined with trans or a damage set. Anyone who says otherwise has obviously never played magblade seriously enough.

Your group typically provides enough cover or even Maim themselves. If you're fighting alone, you wanna split them anyway, so single target is enough.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your group typically provides enough cover or even Maim themselves. If you're fighting alone, you wanna split them anyway, so single target is enough.
    You are talking like that is an easy thing to do when you are being snared, rooted and gapclosed by multiple players. Wizards riposte gives you the security that everyone who attacks you will get maimed. Its not like you only get attacked by 1 and the same person ever, even when splitting them up. And having to maim them 1 by 1 is not really optimal. Wizards riposte is a damn fine set for magblade.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    War maiden/lich/skoria is an awesome combo. Honestly I don't know why lich doesn't get more attention. You can back bar it on any Magicka class and you recovery is a non issue. Even the 2 3 4 set bonuses are amazing.

I'd like to run with some of you LA melee magblades and see how you do. I just can't seem to find the right medium between survivability and damage to feel confident.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »
    War maiden/lich/skoria is an awesome combo. Honestly I don't know why lich doesn't get more attention. You can back bar it on any Magicka class and you recovery is a non issue. Even the 2 3 4 set bonuses are amazing.

I'd like to run with some of you LA melee magblades and see how you do. I just can't seem to find the right medium between survivability and damage to feel confident.

Because RNG be a cruel mistress
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭

I don't back Lich personally, I think it's over sustaining. This is my la melee mageblade- https://youtu.be/1l_jbjXxc-M
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i was thinking:

valkyn/warmaiden/lich

What you guys think?

Yeah I never really appreciated having a lich resto until now. 2 years after getting it I actually wanna use it in a build hahaha.

This sorc build is the first build I ever use where I already have literally every piece of gear I need.

War maiden/lich/skoria has meh stam sustain though, unless argonian maybe. I'd use grothdarr on melee magblade, it suits the style so well.

You guys actually made me wanna play melee magblade now, all I need is amber jews :(
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, loving skoria/maiden/lich wayyyy more then shackle/spinners/domi

NOW, im still very inexperienced and i have no clue how some poeple seem to take no damage!

i was dueling some experienced magbaldes from my guild and the good ones, i couldnt damage them and they built merc bow way faster then me! Most were using jsut ward as me but i jsut couldnt damage them while my ward barely helped me, as soon as i swapped to my damage bar i would drop! One of them was using ward and harness, but i think if some can do it without harness then its betetr to have thta extra slot for something else, i just need to learn how!
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, loving skoria/maiden/lich wayyyy more then shackle/spinners/domi

NOW, im still very inexperienced and i have no clue how some poeple seem to take no damage!

i was dueling some experienced magbaldes from my guild and the good ones, i couldnt damage them and they built merc bow way faster then me! Most were using jsut ward as me but i jsut couldnt damage them while my ward barely helped me, as soon as i swapped to my damage bar i would drop! One of them was using ward and harness, but i think if some can do it without harness then its betetr to have thta extra slot for something else, i just need to learn how!

Were your numbers actually low or were they just mitigating your damage? Make sure your canceling is on point. Ani canceling on a magblade is probably more critical than any class. You NEED that bow and you need it fast. Make sure you cc before you use it because experienced players will block/cloak it easily.

Personally I hate fighting shield users on a magblade. It takes me so damn long to line up my combo and when they shield its a lot less likely your combo is going to kill. Then you are stuck trying to wear them down through their shield while that merciless proc is just ticking away. Welcome to magblade lol.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When fighting one versus one you have to ask yourself questions such as am I afflicted with minor maim? Do I have some type of healing debuff on me? Is my opponent running meridia set?
    If your opponent was a magblade it's likely they are an argonian with op heals or they are shield stacking with harness/dampen + healing ward.

It's been a while since I've played but what does TK stand for again?
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 9, 2018 2:33AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    When fighting one versus one you have to ask if you questions such as am I afflicted with minor maim? Do I have some type of healing debuff on me? Is my opponent running meridia set?
    If your opponent was a magblade it's likely they are an argonian with op heals or they are shield stacking with harness/dampen + healing ward.

It's been a while since I've played but what does TK stand for again?

TK is the Troll King monster set
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got my lich resto a little while ago, this build is so fun. The sustain feels endless without siphoning strikes.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got my purple amberplasm jewelry and I'll give melee magblade a shot. I'll start off with a 2h setup with amber/shackle/1 domihaus.

I'll update this once I get more gameplay, I'm probably gonna switch shackle with riposte for more survivability but right now I have like 10k gold on my account so I'll just use the items I already have.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to gold out the most awkward & overly complicated setup; & yes it has to be gold to potentially work & I don't even know how well it will work.

Head: Julianos light nirn - tri-stat enchant
    Chest: julianos heavy reinforced - tri-stat enchant
    Shoulder: kena light nirn
    Gloves: Julianos light nirn
    Belt: impregnable light nirn
    Pants: julianos heavy reinforced
    Shoes: julianos light nirn

3 gold arcane impregnable jewelry 1 cost reduction & 2 spell damage enchants

Sharpened impreg destro & defending impreg resto

Atro mundus & witch mothers brew

Swapped crit cp to other areas, still have 2900 crit resist.
    I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes but it's taking forever to make it gold
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 17, 2018 7:02AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    So in my never-ending questions to git gud, I've just about settled on this build. Can someone tell me if it's a solid setup or I'm just expecting a placebo effect based on too much time beating my head against the magblade PvP wall :p

5x Shackle
    5x Riposte
    1x Kena piece, although would like Domihaus ideally.

All impen, infused/defending destro/resto with spell damage and disease enchants.

2 regen, 1 spell damage on jewellery, Apprentice mundus, Witchmother's food.

I have the same setup in both 5L 2H, and 5H 2L.

I feel a bit more confident in heavy rather than light, it does less damage but actually surviving long enough to line up some burst is nice. I've had real good results that way in open world sticking Mark on gankblades and then hunting them down like the Terminator.

Not sure if I like Meteor or Harvest best as ultimate, defile is nice but getting into melee range seems to be a death sentence for me so far.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    So in my never-ending questions to git gud, I've just about settled on this build. Can someone tell me if it's a solid setup or I'm just expecting a placebo effect based on too much time beating my head against the magblade PvP wall :p

5x Shackle
    5x Riposte
    1x Kena piece, although would like Domihaus ideally.

All impen, infused/defending destro/resto with spell damage and disease enchants.

2 regen, 1 spell damage on jewellery, Apprentice mundus, Witchmother's food.

I have the same setup in both 5L 2H, and 5H 2L.

I feel a bit more confident in heavy rather than light, it does less damage but actually surviving long enough to line up some burst is nice. I've had real good results that way in open world sticking Mark on gankblades and then hunting them down like the Terminator.

Not sure if I like Meteor or Harvest best as ultimate, defile is nice but getting into melee range seems to be a death sentence for me so far.

IMO destro/resto is best set up with nirn front infused back for magblade. Nirnhoned is arguably BiS mainbar trait for magblade due to it increasing swallow soul heals.

If you really wanna go shackle/riposte then backbar riposte and use a vDSA fire staff on front bar, if it's available. I myself would go with shackle/necro instead of riposte for shieldstack destro/resto, but that's probably because I'm a filthy fotm meta player :trollface:
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running shackle/riposte/kena at the moment (Don't have Domihaus yet) and I like it. Just switched from shackle/spinners. Took spinners to riposte and unslotted shadow image and put harness magicka there at least until the damned thing is fixed.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I'm running shackle/riposte/kena at the moment (Don't have Domihaus yet) and I like it. Just switched from shackle/spinners. Took spinners to riposte and unslotted shadow image and put harness magicka there at least until the damned thing is fixed.

Stats unbuffed/ also what do u mainly do bgs or open world
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Stats unbuffed/ also what do u mainly do bgs or open world

At work at the moment and even trying to remote and see, damn thing started patching.

Think Im just short of 40k magicka, 2100 or so spell damage, 2100 regen (im running max mag, mag regen food), 12 k stam and I think 800 or something stam regen. 7100 penetraion I think (only because I was watching that going from spinners to WR) , sitting around 22000 to 23000 health in Cyrodiil if I recall. Everything is purple including my enchants except my weapons.

This is just from memory for now

Just got in. All that is pretty much right. Just at only 36k magicka. *sniff*

Oh; and usually just Cyrodiil. Destro/Resto full ranged
    Edited by technohic on January 17, 2018 7:38PM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanj87 wrote: »
    Recently I've been running...

2 x Troll King
    5 x Torugs pact
    4/5 x Spinners

Inferno Staff front bar
    Dual Wield back

I used this setup for a while after changing from Stam to mag it’s quite effective especially with infused weapon
    but I had to go double destro to stop me from playing stamblade style which is very different
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably should have posted under pvp rather than PTS forum but cast your vote!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390637/are-more-people-using-agony-now-or-before-the-change#latest
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone play a heavy attack magblade? I love just messing around with builds, I get bored sometimes running my normal shackle/skoria/necro combo and like to mess around. I have been running an ice build when I get bored lately but ice decided it's a group build. Now I'm wanting to see how a heavy attack build works. I'm thinking of running like elegant/knightslayer/kena, also other sets I have in mind are stygian, shield breaker, torugs. Anyone try out a heavy attack build?
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    been loving skorya/maiden/lich more then shakle/spinners/domi

Question>> been trying to build a heavy armor build, to see how it feels..somethign more defensive since in cloth whenever shade or cloak fails me im ususaly dead specially if it smore then 1 enemy.

trying to decide between malubeth and bloodspawn

pros and cons of each one? (i understand the obvious heal proc vs tankiness but i cant decide)

After testign the heal from malubeth (afetr playign aroudn with cp) seems acetually pretty decent.