The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If you aren't even Champion 400...

• nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did City of Ash 2 last night. Tank was CP400 something, the other two DDs (yes we were even 3) around 300. I myself have 340 CP and ran the dungeon for the first time on vet. We finished No Death and had more than 70k dps on bosses like Ash Titan.

Before that I tried Banished Cell 2 boss with two 600+ guys. I gave up at some point because they were complete noobs. No dps from the dd and the tank was constantly dying before me. Somehow we couldn't get a fourth player to the dungeon but I finished it with 3 before. Not that hard really.

So yeah, what OP and others say and claim here is invalid. Especially the parts about any phase 2 vet dungeons.
    Edited by nnargun on November 30, 2017 7:56AM
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    akray21 wrote: »
    CP is actually why I never returned to ESO full time. The game punishes you if you take any extended time off. I'm creeping on 400 CP, but anytime I get the itch to play again I'm put off by the large amount of CP that I'm behind. Now that BGs require CP, I can't even play in those.

@akray21, honestly, as someone else already said, you're not missing that much power. If you're at CR400, you're already well in range to be running trials and dungeons, if you want. At that point, the CP will flow in, because you're getting a lot of XP for each dungeon clear. Also, because it's account wide, it means never having to grind up your alts through the CR climb. If one's at level, they all are.

EDIT: Honestly, honestly... d'oh.

I was mainly talking about PvP, where CP is much more important. PvE has grown very stale as I've do every everything a million times by now.

Including the CWC content?

I mean, to be fair, I do understand where you're coming from, though at the same time, we have just gotten a content drop.

EDIT: Also, running PvE content, particularly dungeons, will get you towards the CP cap much faster, and each patch that moves that spendable cap up, also reduces the cost of lower CP. So, you get more CP for your time now, than you did last year.
    Edited by starkerealm on November 30, 2017 7:42AM
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm double posting but this is actually just ridiculous. I have cleared vMA and you suggest I keep running those boring normal dungeons? Are you nuts or something? Maybe you were that bad with 300 something CP. Not everybody is.

edit: This is addressed to all the arrogant CP690+ guys in this thread who think everybody below is a noob. There are far more important quality attributes than CP. If you don't know that I doubt that you are all that good yourself.
    Edited by nnargun on November 30, 2017 8:01AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us play at such a late hour that the population is 1/20th what it is at primetime. We have no other choice.

Then don't expect to get the cream of the crop in pugs. Ever.

I mean, my standard for PUGs is to expect that they haven't learned about weapon swapping yet (after reaching CR), which, by the way, I HAVE SEEN THIS. Anything beyond that is a perk.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't even Champion 400...
    Just don't q for battlegrounds.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's just say if you don't have at least 21,500 Achievement Points you cant run with any groups or group content! How about that?
    (Note***: Sarcastic Mode Engaged)........ Lol..
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP is gonna love the next seven days then... Going to be a mix of low levels and high levels for rewards. Let the carry begin.

It's more about player skill and experience than it is about CP's and levels. I've run with CP120's that could tear it up. I've run with CP1000's that couldn't stay upright nor DPS their way out of a wet paper bag (with the hole already started for them).

You can be low level and not be an idiot, just as you can be high level and not have a clue.

If you can't find 3 other people to dedicatedly run this with you, the queue is not the problem.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread was TLDR

my take on it is: if you choose to be in Uber pool, you sure as hell can't choose who the driver or the program takes for your pax. you just hope for the best that they are regular people. unless you take UberX, in which then you get the whole ride to yourself, know what I'm saying?

you want to run achievements? join a guild of like minded individuals and run it. You pug? it's your luck of the clown crate draw. you chose to be in the economy class of the aircraft, you can't just say "why is this ____ seated beside me?" (insert whoever you are irritated with here). you sit down for the journey or you go fly your own jet, get me?

It's teamwork 101. here's some notes; take the time to teach. no time? leave. be patient. teach rotations. teach positioning. take your time to make some adjustments to your build so that the team benefits more, not just yourself. healer is not picking up the slack. point it out and help out. make sure you don't need that much heals and grab the mobs attacking the healer. tank not picking up slack? take some time to ask what's the build like? what are they focusing on? is it evasion? ulti gen build? blocking? what gear? if they don't want to listen to your help, leave. a 15min penalty can be covered with harvesting or chilling with the guildies.

Cp levels are never an indication of a person's efficiency or efficacy. I've completed dungeons with cp 160 on vet CoS. I've also seen how a cp500+ light attacks constantly in a dungeon because "that's what I've been doing all this while, grinding mobs in anchors and zones" While the difference in power level between a cp 160 and 600 is definitely a huge gap, it makes no difference if they don't know the mechanics of the dungeon or if they can't do teamwork very well.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, some of this elitist CP stuff is really grating. I always give people a chance if they're low CP, if they die too easily, or too often in a vet dungeon, then yeah, no worries, seeya later.

Imo anything over 250CP is going to be more skill-based than anything. I did vet White-Gold last night with a CP96 tank (saw it and though "ahhh here we go") and honestly, he was one of the best tanks I've ever played with. I messaged him afterwards to say he did an awesome job - he was, like me, someone who'd transferred from the EU server being a max level player in EU. I'm the same. I was a max level and I'm now on 370CP in the NA server.

L2P guys! You're not special because you have max CP.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, some of this elitist CP stuff is really grating. I always give people a chance if they're low CP, if they die too easily, or too often in a vet dungeon, then yeah, no worries, seeya later.

Imo anything over 250CP is going to be more skill-based than anything. I did vet White-Gold last night with a CP96 tank (saw it and though "ahhh here we go") and honestly, he was one of the best tanks I've ever played with. I messaged him afterwards to say he did an awesome job - he was, like me, someone who'd transferred from the EU server being a max level player in EU. I'm the same. I was a max level and I'm now on 370CP in the NA server.

L2P guys! You're not special because you have max CP.

My take on the OP is that he's someone with 401 CP. In my experience it's those middling nouveau-CP's who are the worst elitists.

Those of us with 690+ did those long before we were anywhere near 400 and we know damn well it's just about knowing the mechanics and nothing else. All that elite level CP and DPS do is allow you to cheese the fights.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it's usually the first (few) time(s) in a vet dungeon people suck because they cannot learn the mechnaics on normal. And that is entirely independent from CP. My guess is you encounter low CP firsties more than high CP firsties and so it seems like they are the worse players. But actually they are just less experienced and guess what, really the only effective way to deal with it is to run the dungeon. With those inexperienced players is where the real veterans can shine. When they have to lead the group, explain mechanics, and not give up after the first wipe.
    If you are high CP and you feel like you can only run with other high CP 40k dps uber performers, maybe you are the problem and not the poor guy who is trying to understand mechanics to be better next time. How did you perform on your first try in DLC and phase 2 vet dungeons? Did it go well? If no, then stfu. If yes, I bet you anything someone helped you.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My take on the OP is that he's someone with 401 CP. In my experience it's those middling nouveau-CP's who are the worst elitists.

Been 690 for a couple weeks.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭

And you still need people to carry you through vet dungeons? Maybe it's time to l2p then.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nnargun wrote: »
    I'd say it's usually the first (few) time(s) in a vet dungeon people suck because they cannot learn the mechnaics on normal.

This is very true. I was with a group on normal in WGT the other day that had so much dps we burned Molag Kena so fast she never dropped the lightning wall at any point. That is something that never happens on Vet. I've seen the same thing in Vaults of Madness on normal. Burned the Architect before glass/soul mechanics kicked in. If you are a new player and end up in a group that can do that, you will go into vet mode thinking its a cakewalk.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I'd say it's usually the first (few) time(s) in a vet dungeon people suck because they cannot learn the mechnaics on normal.

This is very true. I was with a group on normal in WGT the other day that had so much dps we burned Molag Kena so fast she never dropped the lightning wall at any point. That is something that never happens on Vet. I've seen the same thing in Vaults of Madness on normal. Burned the Architect before glass/soul mechanics kicked in. If you are a new player and end up in a group that can do that, you will go into vet mode thinking its a cakewalk.

Those are actually two of the boss encounters I also had in mind. But there are much more. Basically nothing on normal deals enough damage to really threaten the group. Only very few things are deadly on normal too (like Velidreths easy to avoid one shot at the end). Hell, most of those dungeons are easily soloable. With a healer and tank you don't need to worry about anything. No red circles on the ground, nothing. It's like trying to get prepared for vMA by clearing nMA. It just doesn't compare at all.
    Edited by nnargun on November 30, 2017 2:31PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You've been max level for two whole weeks?

No wonder your standards are so high... B)

(As previously mentioned...it's not about the CP's...)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather introduce a new feature into all dungeons, similar to veteran trials: after N deaths, the group is automatically disbanded. It is really annoying to enter a veteran "2" with a couple of low CPs who can't kill a critter in less than 10 minutes.

You are free to spend your free time as you want, but you should have respect for other's time. I do not expect all runs to be assassins' and no deaths. But if you do 9K on a dummy, have some dignitiy and go normal.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather introduce a new feature into all dungeons, similar to veteran trials: after N deaths, the group is automatically disbanded. It is really annoying to enter a veteran "2" with a couple of low CPs who can't kill a critter in less than 10 minutes.

You are free to spend your free time as you want, but you should have respect for other's time. I do not expect all runs to be assassins' and no deaths. But if you do 9K on a dummy, have some dignitiy and go normal.

How does disbanding after x deaths help you not to get bored to death by low dps fights? If you don't wanna run with them, which I can understand in this case, leave the group and wait a few minutes. You obviously don't play dps so queuing should be no problem for you anyways. It's way worse if you have waited for half an hour to get into the dungeon and then get kicked because you have low CP.

edit: last sentence should be: ....because you have low CP, even though you could do the job better than many max CPs you have played with.
    Edited by nnargun on November 30, 2017 2:59PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then you should know better.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

List time I ran VoM it had been so long since I'd seen the Architect's mechanics, I had completely forgotten them. Not helped by the fact that two of our team were newbies.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tommalmm wrote: »
    While CP can be an indicator of one's experience, it guarantees nothing. Would you rather have a CP capped quester or grinder that doesn't have a clue (I've seen A LOT of them, expecially on console) or CP200 on an alternative account/cross region that's been there since beta, can outdps most of the capped players and simply knows mechanics inside and out (I've seen quite a few of these, especially late in the night). Please note, that CP is a frontloaded system now, the CP passive stars are not game changers, everyone at CP300 and above has the same stats (that's where the increase ends).

For me the answer is obvious. I'm closing on CP1000 now on PC/EU and CP450 on PS4/EU, BTW, in case you've wondered. I've flawlessed vMA at ~CP300 on PS4/EU (it's possible to do it earlier, but it becomes harder, even at 300+ it took me many tries).

PS. PUGging DLC dungeons is a hit or miss.

Ummm. Duh. Duh man, duh.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    If you can't carry a CP399...

you might be the problem.

carry me, let me sit there any do 0 dps, i want to see how u do
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this again? They already set the cap at 160 cp for dlc dungeons yet here we go, someone's already asking for 400 cp. Maybe ZOS should just make it the current cap and then when groups STLL fail there people will understand that cp are not the problem.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

carry me, let me sit there any do 0 dps, i want to see how u do

I've done it before, wouldn't be much of an issue to do it again.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Edited by shaielzafine on December 13, 2017 10:56PM
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back before 1t, well before vet ranks were removed, the day I hit vr1, I was like, I'm gonna do the vet pledge today! (I main a healer, he was my first toon). Before that point, I'd been reading up about the healing role in eso, watching vids, reading guides, etc. I got the vet pledge and it ended up being city of ash (now called city of ash 2). I knew it was currently the toughest dungeon given out by the red beard from what I read, but I got a group together (using zone chat (I had no guilds back then)), and we made it through every boss without a single wipe sans valkyn skoria (we were insistent on hardmode but didn't have the dps for it). CP means way less than knowledge of roll and content. The rampant prejudice, if anything, is disueding people from researching their role and the content, leaving them to believe they shouldn't bother with it until they're at cp cap or something close to it. I got my current raid group to give me a chance at cp 200 to heal vaa, soon after, we thought we'd try a burn run with one healer, and the trial was solo healed. Yes, CP affects things, but only to an extent, it does not compensate for, nor diminish, experience and knowledge of the game. To everyone who is near level 50 or just passed cp 160, start reading up on the things you want to do and role you want to play! Not everyone will write you off based on a number next to your gamertag. Sure you won't be setting dps records at 170CP, but if you can pull 18k plus, that's more than enough for pretty much any non hardmode content in this game (it won't be as easy as it would be with 30k, but it's doable if you can execute the mechanics that you're forced into with lower dps). Unless you're going for a high score, the game isn't about being fully levelled and golded out. start learning, start doing, and to everyone at the level cap or with a decent bit of experience, start teaching! I very frequently use the group finder on my healer to run dlc and non dlc vet dungeons, and stick around to teach the group things about their roll and mechanics if they're willing. As long as the group dps exists, in the worst case, I get good practice soloing mechanics like all the interrupts needed in vcos. Enough with cp counting, this isn't weight watchers. I'd much rather run with someone who is willing to learn or has good experience than someone who "gets 3.46% more resources back when they heavy attack"
    Edited by TheNightflame on December 14, 2017 7:13AM
  • RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    CP doesn’t indicate player skill level.

People who know what they are doing on PS4/Xbox were clearing ICP and WGT when it launched. ESO was a new game on consoles back then and many players were sub-400 CP, these dungeons weren’t nerfed into the ground, thaumaturge increasing magic damage instead of DOTs, no front-loaded champion points etc.

Good old days.
    Edited by RazorCaltrops on December 17, 2017 11:54AM
    PS4 EU
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don’t have the time to carry someone.

That doesn't make sense. Why? You so busy log on to log off that a CP 399 gonna slow you down much? Between forum stars and your CP - it appears to me that you have NOTHING BUT time.