The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you aren't even Champion 400...

• Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Sadly there is no way to exclude DLC dungeons from the Random Vet dungeon finder

So not a huge amount that you can do there.

Pretty much this,

I wish you could exclude DLCs in randoms
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't need a perfect team, I just need one that fits the BARE MINIMUM of stats that could in theory handle the dungeon.

Rubbish; me and guildy led two PUG players through Vet Mazz back when I was CP 340ish ( I was DPS AND Heals) and he was Tank CP 300ish.

If you need everyone else to be CP 400 to clear it YOU are the one being carried.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on November 29, 2017 7:40PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »
    So am I right to assume that you're gonna be the guy that traumatizes the dungeon-newcomers in the upcoming event?

Probably, I feel bad for them
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP means nothing these days, we've had so many double XP events and for some reason people spend them doing the mind-numbingly boring dolmen farming. The result is a lot of high CP players with no clue how to play their class.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »
    Don't queue into Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun.

Signed, Just-Wants-Sap-Skin

You forgot to mention they shouldn't refer to their allegedly underleveled characters as "toons".

Lmao!!^^ Touche'!
    And also, aren't you the same one, Dapper, that went on about how you don't or won't wait on group members in delvs? That you will run ahead and do it all by yourself and if no one can keep up you will just carry them and don't care if they don't get in any kills or learn mechanics?
    Did you start ESO automatically knowing all mechanics? Is that why you have no patience with others? Did no one help you learn as a noob?
    Main solution. Join a elite guild where every one has max CP and everyone has done everything and everyone knows everything and you don't have to teach or wait on anyone and everybody will be as good as you are.
    Huzzah!!!
    P.S. Toon, Toon, Toon, Toon, Toon, Toon, Toon...... :smiley:
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    CP is no clear indication of players level

Experience isn't the only point. Lower CPs have significantly reduced stats across the board and not as many good champion milestone passives.

When you're queueing for some of the hardest content in the game, you'd better be at least champion 400 if you're going to tank and really no lower than 500 as a DPS. Healers can get away with a lot lower, but only if they're proficient at not getting damaged.

I wouldn't say the stats are SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. Unless you think the difference between 13% and 14% is significant, for example.

Milestone passives mostly. It's the same thing as veteran trials. I can't see any group ever allowing anyone below champion 500, and that's when that player is only 1/12th of the team. In these dungeons, that one player is 1/4th of the team. When you have TWO players below level 300, you can immediately tell that you are not going to clear the dungeon no matter how much coaching you try to do, because the dungeon mechanics will utterly destroy you all before you have any hope of whittling the bosses down.

I completed my first vet trial at cp 180.
    ive been running them regularly since. ive done vet hel ra twice this week. I'm cp 445
    and I'm a DPS
    decent kit, mechanics and being able to work in a team are just as important as CP points.....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to see how much patience was required bringing OP through this dungeon the first time. I expect it took much based on his attitude here today.

When I'm learning a new dungeon's mechanics and enemy animations for those mechanics, I only need to see them once or twice before I know how they work and what to do. I know not everyone can learn at the same speed, but at the same time I'm not queuing these dungeons just to do them, no matter how long it takes. I'm trying to get the amber plasm skin (and by extension the spiderkith), and when I see those champion levels, I know before we even start that it's just not going to happen.

First, if you want to ensure a fast smooth run you are required to form the group yourself.

If your merely going for gear, with the exception of jewelry, the logical choice would be the nir al version of the dungeon anyhow. Faster and it drops the same gear. Takes near nothing to upgrade from blue to purple.

What's hilarious is I've seen lower CP players who shined. They are leveling up a new account or on a new server. Top players to begin with so OP is more than willing to leave a group with better players than he/she is just because. I think that's funny and rather narrow minded.
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing the dungeon mechanics > skill > gear > CP

I'm at CP 804, have middling gear, little skill, and don't know any of the dungeon/boss mechanics very well. I just stay out of Trials since I rarely do well.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    bitels wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I have been in the group where CP355 guy main tanked vMOL and we successfully completed it. And you are saying that you have to be CP500 to tank Mazzatun??? @Dapper Dinosaur

Tanking in this game is honestly a cakewalk mechanically. You're also talking about a trial where the tank is 1/12th of the group, and he was probably accompanied by an entire team of 690 hardcore DPS players.

You have absolutely no idea if you genuinely believe this statement.

I tank plenty. I know.

Lol.
    You didnt tank vHOF- thats for sure. I doubt you tanked vMOL as well. You would not make statements like that if you did

With the combination of my prime play hours being at the time of day where the game is completely dead and the fact almost nobody wants to ever run vet MoL due to the difficulty and large number of crashes, no, I have not tanked those trials, but my tank is definitely capable and I'm a nightblade. If I put my tank gear on my DK and respecced it would be even easier.

I frankly don't understand how tanks I get in my activity finder for pledges can manage to *** up so much. Tanking is the game's easiest role, by far.

Well sure, if you haven't tanked any of the truly difficult content in the game, then tanking is easy. Outside of vAA HM (have you done that?), none of the Craglorn Trials require much from the tanks. vMoL and vHoF (and now vAS +1/+2) are in an entirely different league from dungeons and Craglorn Trials.

My only experience with veteran trials is when I've been invited to vet hel ra when the group is already at the warrior on 3 separate occasions, and every single time, the fight will start and half the group will be dead in less than 30 seconds. (Hint: I was never one of them regardless of my role, dps or tank, before I had made a healer character)

I just haven't been interested in running those vet trials because the rewards you get for doing them absolutely stink for how hard they are I don't use any of those sets to begin with.

lol, OK. When you made comments about low-CP groups not being able to complete vAA (which is ridiculous, that's arguably the easiest Trial in the game, and The Mage is not a difficult DPS check), and about how a main tank can be "carried" in vMoL (also ridiculous as vMoL is fairly simple for everyone else as long as the tanks do their much more difficult jobs), I assumed that opinion was informed by experience. I stand corrected.

Funny how people often perceive the PvE community as having a "toxic elitist" attitude, but it's usually not the actual elite players who have that attitude.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because learning dungeon mechanics is hard? vMaz is actually one of my favorite dungeons. You actually have to pay attention in there.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    bitels wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I have been in the group where CP355 guy main tanked vMOL and we successfully completed it. And you are saying that you have to be CP500 to tank Mazzatun??? @Dapper Dinosaur

Tanking in this game is honestly a cakewalk mechanically. You're also talking about a trial where the tank is 1/12th of the group, and he was probably accompanied by an entire team of 690 hardcore DPS players.

You have absolutely no idea if you genuinely believe this statement.

I tank plenty. I know.

Lol.
    You didnt tank vHOF- thats for sure. I doubt you tanked vMOL as well. You would not make statements like that if you did

With the combination of my prime play hours being at the time of day where the game is completely dead and the fact almost nobody wants to ever run vet MoL due to the difficulty and large number of crashes, no, I have not tanked those trials, but my tank is definitely capable and I'm a nightblade. If I put my tank gear on my DK and respecced it would be even easier.

I frankly don't understand how tanks I get in my activity finder for pledges can manage to *** up so much. Tanking is the game's easiest role, by far.

Well sure, if you haven't tanked any of the truly difficult content in the game, then tanking is easy. Outside of vAA HM (have you done that?), none of the Craglorn Trials require much from the tanks. vMoL and vHoF (and now vAS +1/+2) are in an entirely different league from dungeons and Craglorn Trials.

My only experience with veteran trials is when I've been invited to vet hel ra when the group is already at the warrior on 3 separate occasions, and every single time, the fight will start and half the group will be dead in less than 30 seconds. (Hint: I was never one of them regardless of my role, dps or tank, before I had made a healer character)

I just haven't been interested in running those vet trials because the rewards you get for doing them absolutely stink for how hard they are, and I don't use any of those sets to begin with.

LOLOLOL! So you think vHRC is hard but think you could just jump in vMOL no probs??? :lol:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    CP is actually why I never returned to ESO full time. The game punishes you if you take any extended time off. I'm creeping on 400 CP, but anytime I get the itch to play again I'm put off by the large amount of CP that I'm behind. Now that BGs require CP, I can't even play in those.

@akray21, honestly, as someone else already said, you're not missing that much power. If you're at CR400, you're already well in range to be running trials and dungeons, if you want. At that point, the CP will flow in, because you're getting a lot of XP for each dungeon clear. Also, because it's account wide, it means never having to grind up your alts through the CR climb. If one's at level, they all are.

EDIT: Honestly, honestly... d'oh.
    Edited by starkerealm on November 30, 2017 12:04AM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im CP879. Can I join your group? No experience in any of the dungeons btw.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all I have to add is my husband played the game for a month and a half. got to cp 220 and geared out a tank and was able to complete vet bloodroot and vet falkreath.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Experience isn't the only point. Lower CPs have significantly reduced stats across the board and not as many good champion milestone passives.

When you're queueing for some of the hardest content in the game, you'd better be at least champion 400 if you're going to tank and really no lower than 500 as a DPS. Healers can get away with a lot lower, but only if they're proficient at not getting damaged.

I wouldn't say the stats are SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. Unless you think the difference between 13% and 14% is significant, for example.

Milestone passives mostly. It's the same thing as veteran trials. I can't see any group ever allowing anyone below champion 500, and that's when that player is only 1/12th of the team. In these dungeons, that one player is 1/4th of the team. When you have TWO players below level 300, you can immediately tell that you are not going to clear the dungeon no matter how much coaching you try to do, because the dungeon mechanics will utterly destroy you all before you have any hope of whittling the bosses down.

I pugged vCoS in my 300's back when it came out with players at similar levels. I also did vWGT at an even lower level. It isn't always about CP; grinding doesn't take skill. It's about how well you can adapt to the mechanics.

Concerning vet trials, I also did vAA in my 300's and it wasn't a problem as a DPS. I am only in my 400's now and I've done vAS (not HM yet, however).
    Edited by MythicEmperor on November 30, 2017 12:25AM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah because CP is such a reliable indicator of experience with the ROM mechanics.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »
    CP means nothing these days, we've had so many double XP events and for some reason people spend them doing the mind-numbingly boring dolmen farming. The result is a lot of high CP players with no clue how to play their class.

So far as that goes, I'm pretty sure more than half my CP came from grinding up the Drauger motif. So, not exactly a sterling example of my skill as a player.
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blame ESO's matching system. Not the new player who is told he can do a vet dungeon at CP 10 signs up for random vet and is placed in one of the most difficult. Really, don't understand how you're blaming the player.

Its probably more an issue of not knowing the mechanics. Sadly, a lot of people just expect to be healed through mechanics, or possibly just that darn terrible.
    Edited by Jpk0012 on November 30, 2017 2:08AM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pugs don’t get skins..,

Nuff said.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jpk0012 wrote: »
    Blame ESO's matching system. Not the new player who is told he can do a vet dungeon at CP 10 signs up for random vet and is placed in one of the most difficult. Really, don't understand how you're blaming the player.

Its probably more an issue of not knowing the mechanics. Sadly, a lot of people just expect to be healed through mechanics, or possibly just that darn terrible.

Have healed a random vet dungeon, a vet II dungeon, with a tank that was not even CP 20. He had not even seen the normal version. We did not do HM ofc, but no issues. Told him as long as he holds taunt on the boss and lets me tell him the basics of each boss we would be fine. We were. LOL, he has about 22k health. Did not die and I still put out some DPS.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh god. Go away. *Eyeroll*
    Edited by Mureel on November 30, 2017 4:02AM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    CP is actually why I never returned to ESO full time. The game punishes you if you take any extended time off. I'm creeping on 400 CP, but anytime I get the itch to play again I'm put off by the large amount of CP that I'm behind. Now that BGs require CP, I can't even play in those.

@akray21, honestly, as someone else already said, you're not missing that much power. If you're at CR400, you're already well in range to be running trials and dungeons, if you want. At that point, the CP will flow in, because you're getting a lot of XP for each dungeon clear. Also, because it's account wide, it means never having to grind up your alts through the CR climb. If one's at level, they all are.

EDIT: Honestly, honestly... d'oh.

I was mainly talking about PvP, where CP is much more important. PvE has grown very stale as I've do every everything a million times by now.
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried again after my timer let me queue again.

270 tank and 250 DPS. Come on folks.

For all you know they queued for a random vet. That would be on ZOS. You should be able to do a random without being ready for DLC dungeons. Causes a lot of trouble. Players really should be able to exclude the DLC's from the random queue.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    With Sithis on your side, you can do anything
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Don't queue for vet dungeons if you don't know what you're doing.

How did the first players to ever run dungeons ever do it?

If they followed that advice we'd all just be sitting here staring at the group finder and nervously glancing at each other.
    Edited by Inarre on November 30, 2017 6:32AM
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »

If they followed that advice we'd all just be sitting here staring at the group finder and nervously glancing at each other.

People are just afraid to waste their precious time running their hundred alts through.

I don't know how people even do this without burning out on the game.

I'm running 3 characters and even that feels like a big chore.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People are just afraid to waste their precious time running their hundred alts through.

You don't need to play them all equally you know. They'll still love you.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have time to run three characters myself. I have pugged vet dlc dungeons though, and did it at less than cp400 too. Sure sometimes we just don't have time... But I just dont think the group should be judged on a label like cp before you give them a chance. I've had cp600 hybrid light attack spam dps and I've had cp300 dps roast bosses and teach me dungeon mechanics.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us play at such a late hour that the population is 1/20th what it is at primetime. We have no other choice.

Then don't expect to get the cream of the crop in pugs. Ever.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah but it's an easy blame for people who want to whine about something
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis