Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do your characters know each other, or are they related?

• auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to find some way to accommodate the in-game text and quests being identical for all or my characters. I finally settled on all of them being recruited by a fast talking con man and ending up drugged and sold to a cult for sacrifices. Apparently Molag Bal likes lots of sacrifices. They met each other in prison and after escaping they go their own way. On occasion one of them will meet another, and they kept in touch. At this point, all of them move around between the three alliances, and 7 homes (free transportation to most provinces). I think of them using a post office or telepathic chat to keep in touch with each other. Sort of like "Hey Anna, I need some better armor", "Darling, check the usual drop for your new staff." A couple of them ended up in Cyrodil, but they didn't like being dependent on the idiots they found leading groups, so they went back to regular mercenary exploration and monster control.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to LorePlay my Toons as friends or relatives of important npc.

my two woodelf Ladies are identical twins.
    Camoran Ciinderel and Camoran Cirdwh

they are the Daughters of Camoran Aeradan. Sent away at the start of the war to study their discipline. Ciinderel was a young apprentice of the previous green lady, Y'ffre hold her close. after her death Ciinderel started a dark story. theft, blood, and silence.

While Cirdwh, an apprentice of the silvanar continued her studies of the green and become a powerful spinner and green speaker. comanding the forest to heal her allies and help those in need.

they rarely talk or see one another. one day their stories may cross but until then the just agree to disagree.

and my Psiijic Mage, currently studying with the Telvaani, Falion is a long time friend of vanus as well as an old advisor to queen ayrenns father.

his sister Anenwae my templar healer fell to a terrible curse caused by the crown store and become an argonian male. falion didnt have enough crowns to turn her back sadly :(

• Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to play as a single character, and recently I created another one. Though in my headcanon they don't know each other, I can't avoid to ship them sometimes.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. They all live in the same building... My two dunmer sisters has a thing for cats... so they live in the same room as my Khajiit ;)

As for the others, they have their own rooms. My redguard lives in her own room, and my wood elf and breton live in another room
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main and my alt are the same person -- my main is simply an older, wiser, and more experienced version of my original character (alt) who has learned from his mistakes of zerging mindlessly under the DC banner and transitioned to a more enlightened path for the true ruler of Cyrodiil and Tamriel -- the immeasurably hawt Kate Beckinsale -- I mean, AD Queen.

Battle-tested and wise

https://imgur.com/a/8dHuX

Young n' fresh-faced

https://imgur.com/a/ck6RA
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on September 12, 2017 4:03PM
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of them know each other.

The Redguard Templar, Altair and the Green Pact Bosmer, Adoette, assisted each other in defeating Manimarco and traveled together after Altair defeated Molag Bal. They continued traveling together through Stonefalls and Deshaan after rising and falling in their respective alliances. When Adoette was outed as a recently-turned Vampire during the meeting of the alliances against Molag Bal, the situation became difficult. After helping to stop Ozozzochar, Eris the vampire, and Bitterwind from killing the alliance leaders, Queen Ayrenn was reminded of all the good the scatter-brained Wood Elf had done in assisting Razum-dar and was allowed to exist. However, she was later publicly shamed after being baited into devouring a high-ranking Thalmor officer, who sacrificed himself believing the approval of her continued existence was heretical. Altair was also shamed after coming to her defense and helping her escape. They parted ways for 2 years after Adoette decided she needed to discover her own way in the world before reuniting in Vvardenfell.

The Altmer Vampire, Eris, known as the Empress of Shadows, was the most powerful vampire in existence and one of Altair's worst enemies. She cunningly siphoned subtle amounts power from three Daedric Princes she formerly served instead of trying to wholly absorb one like Manimarco. Formerly known as the Princess of Bargains, the Mistress of Domination, and the Inquisitor of Deceit, she was the one responsible for "blessing" Adoette with the blood of a Scion. This was done as an insult to Altair, who was a Templar working against her current Daedric Master, Molag Bal. When Adoette died and reanimated as a vampire, she expected Altair to slay her mercifully, as any follower of Stendarr would, especially due to a traumatic experience with vampires in his past. Instead, this affliction only drew them closer.

The Dunmer Vampire, Ashra Dagoth, is an undocumented descendant of House Dagoth and Voryn Dagoth. A low-ranking assassin of the Morag Tong, she does not know her parents or where she came from. After the fall of Naryu Virian's apprentice, Naryu was in the dog house for a while and Ashra was promoted to pick up the slack. Ashra's primary method of killing was to drain her prey and then incinerate them to keep signs of vampirism hidden. One of her later contracts was a writ to kill the Bosmer vampire Adoette. When Adoette irresponsibly fed from a young Dark Elf man at his request to "know the experience", she accidentally infected him with vampirism. As he never received Adoette's blood, he went mad from bloodlust and eventually devolved into a bloodfiend, forcing his mother to put him down when he attacked. This, in turn, caused the mother to send the Morag Tong after Adoette. Knowing that Altair, now known only as "the Hero of Wrothgar", once again traveled alongside Adoette, Ashra had been given indefinite time and opportunities to complete this writ.

The Green Pact Bosmer Finwe and Rynalla the Huntress are Adoette's brother and sister. They, along with a younger Adoette, met Altair while he was traveling through Valenwood during Templar training. The three of them are a part of a remote Bosmer village that adhere to even the most barbaric portions of the Green Pact faithfully. While they loved Adoette dearly, they could not accept her as a vampire, telling the vampire directly that their sister was killed by the Empress of Shadows.
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on September 13, 2017 11:34AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually haven't done this but me and my mate were joking about the idea of our ESO characters being ancestors to our Skyrim characters as the Skyrim events are something like a 1000 years after the ESO events.

One of the buddies that I regularly game with does this; her ESO dunmer sorc is the ancestress of her Morrowind Dunmer (and likely at least one character from Skyrim too).

I've also been known to create a character sort of in response to a character of a friend; like a sibling of a character my spouse plays; or most recently we went back and forth with this. My sweetie plays a Breton Templar who he says likes to read adventure novels and he came up with the idea for a series based on "Domino Fae, the [Breton] Pirate Queen" who I then created on EU (I usually play on NA); then part of the "lore" was that she has a First mate Khajiit named Kanji Sin, and my sweetie created a Khajiit (on NA) who took that name after the "character"; then I created a Khajiit who likes him/follows him partly because she suspects he really is "the" Kanji Sin.

Hmmm that probably doesn't make a lot of sense. But it's fun.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of my ESO characters are related to each other. They are strangers, albeit sharing a common racial bond.

However, one of my characters I played in Oblivion has recently been resurrected, so to speak, and now has a very weak link to my principal Saxhleel, Haj-Gee. It is a rather complicated and deliberately questionable link, but it is there.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It would be a bit strange for my related/befriended characters to never actually see one another in RP.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    3 of my toons, before I name/race changed one of them, were all former soldiers in the Imperial Legion before the Three Banners War. One of them defected to the Pact, the other two to the Dominion because they felt the Queen better aligned with their personal goals and beliefs. All three of them were in a love triangle (one girl, two guys)
    Edited by Nihilos on October 16, 2017 4:50PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nihilos wrote: »
    3 of my toons, before I name/race changed one of them, were all former soldiers in the Imperial Legion before the Three Banners War. One of them defected to the Pact, the other two to the Dominion because they felt the Queen better aligned with their personal goals and beliefs. All three of them were in a love triangle (one girl, two guys)

Interesting.

I mentioned I tend to create characters "in response" to the characters of my sweetie.

We have collectively created a family of Altmer siblings (all members of "the Order of the Dragon"); at one point I created an Orsimer Templar/Tank (Margul Gro Durga) who has a crush on one of my sweetie's Altmer/Templar/Paladin gals (Caira Fae Caemire)

Then later I created a Breton Templar/Healer (Valentine Stower); she and Caira Fae spent a lot of time adventuring together, and I realized that Valentine has kind of a crush on Caira as well (well, she is terribly sweet and totally hot).

So it's sorta a version of I'm totally into my sweetie regardless of gender or universe, and it's also potentially a weird triangle.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    My main, an Argonian DK in EP, was adopted and raised by one of my other characters, a Breton sorc in DC.
    As for my Khajiit nightblade, I think she is a young member of our guild, taught by my main to control her lycanthropy.
    Edited by CrazyWolf712 on October 17, 2017 5:11PM
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only have one character, but I was thinking of making a family with same last name and race just different classes. Oh and their pet argonian and khajit at some point slso.
  • wolfsilver
    wolfsilver
    ✭✭
    Actually, I've roleplayed it so that all of my vestiges are, essentially, complete strangers. One of each race, and a male and female version of each class, unique in their own way. Not a single one of them personally knows the other, though my Imperial, due to his tendency to keep tabs on everyone who could be useful, is aware of my Breton's noble heritage.

I've always preferred the idea of none of my role playing characters being related whatsoever; that way, it really gives the impression that you don't need to have a famous ancestor to have a shot at the spotlight. No, all my characters are going to start out as complete strangers forced to work together for a common goal, and becoming almost like a family at the end of the main quest.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine would fight if they were all put in the same room, even though they aren't related.

A pair each of Orcs, Khajits, Nords, Bretons, High Elves, a Dark Elf and a Wood Elf walk into a bar.....
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, the Family is Three now, this one´s Mother is still in Jail. But as always, Khajiit is innocent :)
    Well lets see, there is this one, First to set Foot into Tamriel proper, a Khajiit Night Blade, Vamp Lvl4,
    then this ones *** Son, a bit neglected and quite scruffy at the moment, a Khajiit NB, Vamp Lvl4 and,
    out of jail,this ones Father a Khajiit Werewolf but running Animal Companion at the moment Warden, first stam, now fully magica based. They share Homes but begin building up theire individual Homes as well. More to follow, this one is sure
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    My main is pretty much the early ancestor of all my main TES characters. I straight up wrote out a full family history all the way from Atmora to recent years. The only characters of mine that my main knows is my banker Khajiit, Ra'zaq(for now at least). My banker "acquired" Hunding's Palatial Palace from one of its previous owners, and basically turned it into a "hive of scum and villainy", and the occasional good-doer.

My Argonian NB is a loner Shadowscale, so not many friends involved there.

My main alt sorc, Illidan Highborn, will eventually "meet" my Templar, Mythos Varedis. I'm a big fan of Warcraft lore, especially Illidan and Arthas, so I made them essentially ESO's version. Only they would be friends, and over time a bitter rivalry would begin to take hold.

My Warden and other Sorc haven't really been fleshed out.

Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having only one toon who is/has been a kajiit, woodelf and a dark elf stam and magblade, he/she is a little personality challenged probably due to being treated as fodder for vamps and werewolves so often that he/she howls at blood and try's to drink the moon much to her sponsors dissatisfaction but he/she is still getting the job done with a little light bladder leakage :)
    Edited by Kram8ion on November 15, 2017 7:31AM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    My 3 main characters met briefly in Coldharbor when they escaped together with The Prophet, but they all landed in different locations. My Breton templar (mage) landed in DC and became The Vestige because she happened to land closer to the prophet. My Dunmer sorcerer (warrior) landed in EP and my Khajiit nightblade (rogue) landed in AD.

They went on to become the heroes of their alliances and then met again when the guilds went back to Coldharbor to defeat Molag Bal. They keep running into each other as the story progresses. The templar is hero-ing, the khajiit is usually thieving, and the dunmer is completing contracts and exploring dwemer ruins.

They get along fairly well but there is some bickering because they all have different ideals and of course they were all on opposite sides of the war. The templar feels very close to the others because she had the chance to live as them when she went through gold and silver. She has a massive crush on the dunmer and she is slowly growing on him. The khajiit ships them but would never admit that she cares.
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do.

Before Hjalmar became my main, all surrounded my old main, Zuna. All my other characters were somehow related to her story, by being close friends or direct family. Now its kinda the same with Hjalmar being my main.

Hjalmar is like the central base, and the rest of the stories of my chars surround his. Zuna and him are (or were) good friends, one being the superior of the other in the Pact army. Hjalmar and Cassius are old friends. Zuna is the daughter of Throdar. Hjalmar has a little sister called Nari. Hronvir is a friend of Hjalmar too. I have repeated chars too, Hjalmar was a stamblade, now he's a Stam warden.

I also like to think the chars I played in the other TES are their descendants.

All my chars are somehow related to the others, with exception of troll chars like my Xivkyn xD.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently I am not sure just how connected I want them to be. My Breton necromancer could have been an aquaintance of my Telvanni mage and her twin sister. My Orc could be a slave/hireling/mercenary. My Imperial alchemist could be the mycologist of the mage's tower. My Namira worshipper would definitely make for a good informant/spy working for the necromancer and my Khajiiti Pirate could also be a mercenary. But perhaps I'll have them be strangers to each other.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    I had a Altmer that I RPed was the adopted father of my khajiit, but having three characters was a bit much, so I eventually deleted him. I used the deletion as a "killing him off".
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Battle-tested and wise

https://imgur.com/a/8dHuX

I love the look of your Orc there. Looks like he's gunno tear his enemies a new one :worried:
  • elsmogro
    elsmogro
    My two don’t know each other yet, when the Morrowind DLC came out I resurrected my character from when I played ES3 who is a dark elf who was raised by Skaal Nords in Solstheim, she travelled to Vvardenfell to develop her magic ability.
    I’ve since gone back to my wood elf main who hasn’t really got a back story yet.

My issue is that you don’t share achievements between characters and I don’t like redoing the same quests over again.

Those who do it levelling loads of characters, don’t you get sick of doing the same bits over and over?
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elsmogro wrote: »
    Those who do it levelling loads of characters, don’t you get sick of doing the same bits over and over?

I don't get sick of the same quests. I look forward to repeating certain quests because they can be fun. But that's just me.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • elsmogro
    elsmogro
    I don't get sick of the same quests. I look forward to repeating certain quests because they can be fun. But that's just me.

Some quests are great and I’d like to do them again, it’s the ones that have kicked my a** in the past that I don’t think i could face doing again haha.
  • agingerinohio
    agingerinohio
    ✭✭✭
    My two mains are identical twin sisters. Ginger Altmer ladies. :) One is my Templar healer and one is my mag sorc. My alts "work" for their slow growing empire. Lol
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters are not related, but they are a family, in the way that a person’s best friends are the family he/she chooses. They all have their own personalities, quirks, etc., and when I log out of the game I like to imagine that they are all in the house, each one doing his/her own thing. Sometimes I relay messages between them; for example, if I switch to my main who is also my crafter in order to make something for another character, I’d be like: ‘by the way [ ] says thanks for the gear’, which... probably sounds weird :lol: Or if I’m farming a set for a dps on my healer (because it’s easier to find groups), I’d be like ‘no worries, healer is getting you that sash’, and so on… :sweat_smile:
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They provide resources to each other all the time. So there has to be some kind of connection or other. :)
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    I actually haven't done this but me and my mate were joking about the idea of our ESO characters being ancestors to our Skyrim characters as the Skyrim events are something like a 1000 years after the ESO events.

My main is basically the ancestor that drew the attention of the Daedric Princes, so that's why they involve themselves with my ES characters.

Helping Azura in Morrowind- led to future ancestor becoming Nerevarine

Combining with the Amulet of Kings in the main story- led to the last Dragonborn/ Hero of Cyrodiil

I like to think after ESO's story is complete, my main will wander the Realms of Oblivion and beyond. Maybe even writing one of the many anonymous books.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810