Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please merge the sub 50(Kyne) and non cp campaigns.

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    no thanks. although i've left that campaign for Vivec it's pretty clear in my mind that the long time guilds on Kyne are very accommodating to new players and will actively recruit from zone chat. i've never personally seen vet players abuse new players on Kyne this is on PC NA.

The gold weapon/armor accusation is hilarious every time i read it. your item quality deteriorates so fast in that campaign that no non-emp player would spend the time and gold on something so short lived.

But they do. Just make multiple sets it’s account bound so they just delete reroll and the whole set is saved for them. If they truly just hit 50 and moved on we would see growth in other campaigns or see Kyne shrink but outside of pugs of daggerful I haven’t seen much.

And when @W0lf_z13 and the guild he is in (PoD) moved to shor I did see a noticeable healthy shift for DC population in shor and better fights happening in the cp vet 50 campaign.

Kyne imo isn’t prepping anybody for anything anymore than Sotha Sil would. It’s just become a safe space bubble for people who don’t want to pvp with people of their skill level.

I understand and feel the pain of dealing with broken sets like earthgore or destro trains that are in the vet 50 campaigns but if more people played there and raised more of a voice about it , it would be addressed faster.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I think the noob campaign needs to remain for first timers. But its broken as people stay there and ruin newbies fun.

However I'm after more pop in Non-CP too. Personally I think they could merge Sotha and Shor. Have the only 7 day no-CP. So its L1-50, 7 day no-CP, Vivec.

I am EU however an pop is Generally lower.

No thanks. Small scale pvp on shor is great. if you want no cp pvp you have Sotha.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, Kyne PC NA from my experience is kind of dead as of late outside of the sypher events. Sotha is definitely dead. Just dead. Merging the two is I believe the fusion the new player campaigns need.

Honesty the “its the only place for new players to learn” does not hold water. When they hit 50, and they will hit 50, they can’t go back to Kyne just because They are new and will have 10 cp to their name and then have to enter sotha (a dead campaign and have to learn how to counter fighting people with lvl 50 skills for the first time) or grind pve which imo is boring for most pvpers , get farmed in vivec hardcore, or more likely re roll on Kyne and gain 0 cp and never progress.

I think it’s a flawed system.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @A_G_G_R_O have you been peeking in my inventory?

I have an account with 10 mag NBs, and all my gold gear is sitting in my inventory for the next character to use.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. The Kyne server (pre 50 campaign) is still a great way for new players to learn about pvp and a great way for old players to help them learn. Its also a great place for old players to level their new characters up.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily I pvp with a lot of people who use to main Kyne for a long time in the “competitive” Kyne guilds. I have heard all about the drill. I mean it’s a brilliant idea, but a bit savagely overpowered don’t you think? Buying tons of key frags to get proper agility /willpower jewelry for for every next tier of levels all gold enchanted. Insane. Hearing tales of how he actually was one shot melting other players, seems Fair and balanced.... lol
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    pugz of daggerfall

fixed it for you :D
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One weekend I went to Sotha and the entire map was yellow and AD was gate camping DC. I was going to help but nobody was on, I came back the next day and the entire map was yellow. A few days later someone from AD makes a comment, "We were tri-keep camping to get more points because DC likes to FD empty keeps early in the morning"

You can blame Kyne OP players for discouraging players from playing PvP, but the same can be said about Vet campaigns.

Ya, I love killing noobs in Kyne, but I also like zerging down OP players as well. :)

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sotha needs organized EP and DC guilds from Kyne tho so those low new players can grow safely in the 50 campaigns free from the gate camping.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I were to have my level playing field taken away from my low levels I'd just take some of it back by playing in CP campaign. Not interested in playing PvP against players that have all their passives on my low level toons.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say no. Vet chars have big advantage in passives (e.g. Undaunted, probably noone at Kyne have U.Command stage 2). And Monster sets
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This wouldn't help new players at all and would most likely cause more harm than good. They at least have a chance at success in kyne, they'd get destroyed most likely elsewhere. Is that your plan? More noobs to farm?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    This wouldn't help new players at all and would most likely cause more harm than good. They at least have a chance at success in kyne, they'd get destroyed most likely elsewhere. Is that your plan? More noobs to farm?

I would never.....
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    Kyne is a joke,isnt it suppose to be for new players but you have vets with gold gear tanking 30 players.Why is gold gear even in kyne,tanking noobs with low gear in kyne doesn't mean you're good.
    Edited by KharnTheUndying on December 4, 2017 10:10PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyne is a joke,isnt it suppose to be for new players but you have vets with gold gear tanking 30 players.Why is gold gear even in kyne,tanking noobs with low gear in kyne doesn't mean you're good.

Preach it
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nvmd, Ill just say no thank you.
    Edited by Valen_Byte on December 4, 2017 10:33PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Even with no champion points noobs would be under geared compared to vet players with trials gold gear and monster sets. So no leave the noobs alone Ya Damn Ganker. Want to kill players? Time you start wearing big boy pants and do BGs or Vivec.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say No.
    While it's true that maybe 5% of Kyne pop farms noobs in gold gear, everytime I pug in Kyne there are first timers in the group, and the leaders take the time to explain how to buy siege and quick slot it, etc. Kyne is also more populated than Shor at more hours.

Pugz of Daggerfall still has groups there as there are many new players in our guild who don't even have a character above level 50. People in guild try to teach them about gear, and even craft them sets--not gold lol. Many players in Pugz, wear level 25 gear when they are level 45, some keep their gear current for level--which with so many ROTW is not hard to do.

Kyne was great for me to learn how to play my first ever dedicated Templar healer, because of this I was able to get into a great Vivec Guild, which improves my pvp experience quite a bit in that campaign. Everyone in vivec always points out the level 30s and says poor noobs. And hardly anyone wants them in group even if they have max cp. Low level characters need to have a place to play.

I also was able to learn how to fight non ball destro ult zerg, and in fact fights on Kyne can be much more enjoyable. It's a whole different feel. It's a great place to run a hybrid or experiment with non cookie cutter type builds as well. However I stopped grouping there as much as I used to because zone chat was so toxic all the time.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    Zos should make it if u have vet characters you shouldn't be near kyne,you battle level'd any way or at least take away immovable potions etc,gold gear and other bs out of kyne.I can take i low level toon in a vet campain and do fairly well and have fun.Seriouly this is an issue that should be looked into,i feel bad for those new low levels getting destroy by max'd geard "new" players.If you can't fix it might as well merge no new players are in kyne anyway mostly max gear'd vets on low level toons farming.
    Edited by KharnTheUndying on December 4, 2017 11:28PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you dont want players that couldnt cut in "real" PVP to be in the lowbie campaign and abuse them with their gold crafted gear but you want the lowbie campaign to be merged with sotha sil so that everyone is sotha sil can abuse new players with their gold gear, broken builds and monster sets.

Got to admit. Im speechless.
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    kyne now is populated by vets on low level toons with max gear,they outnumber real noobs.
    Edited by KharnTheUndying on December 4, 2017 11:36PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calsifer wrote: »
    Even with no champion points noobs would be under geared compared to vet players with trials gold gear and monster sets. So no leave the noobs alone Ya Damn Ganker. Want to kill players? Time you start wearing big boy pants and do BGs or Vivec.

I do. I’m just helping out sotha and Kyne with their population issues. I also hope the merger kicks these safe space hiding max cp players put And motivate them to help populate shor so we have 2 viable cp campaigns.

But I do greatly appreciate you thinking I am afraid of vet combat, you hiding in Kyne too or just overtly defensive due to your nature?

Lol assumes my stamplar is a ganker....

I don’t have a ctrl key on my keyboard son, took it off, that’s the path to weakness.
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 4, 2017 11:58PM
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    If you need proof no real new players are in kyne go search kyne on youtube you gonna find tons of compilation vids with annoying music by so called new players,these guys are max'd cp posting vids of kyne.You gonna find tons of vids and players.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vet campaigns are for cheesy game play and players that just run around in ball groups. There is a reason why many people say Kyne is the best campaign. It is because we are like one big family.

If a noob comes to kyne and cries then really maybe they shouldn't be playing pvp. Some people just are not meant to PvP. I think many of you forgot what blackwaters was like. When I first played PvP, players had maxed gear, CP, and perma skills. What goes on in Kyne is nothing like that. Also, yes there are a few players that MIGHT have gold gear, but many of us are fine with blue and purple gear AND many of us don't even switch gear for 5 or 6 levels.

This is my break down of DC PvP campaigns .

Vivec
    - follows the zerg group and never defends anything. If you say Glade is UA everyone goes to chal gate
    - players go into resource towers get farmed and then repeat several times

Shor
    - lets all be friends
    - omg! don't have more than 6 in your group or some players might quit

Sotha
    - Playing no CP is so much fun ( according the double AP event players ) but nobody plays there ( lol )
    - Listen to guilds fight about who defended what keep while glade gets taken

Kyne
    - omg this is so much fun!
    - what a great defense guys, great job

Ya, Kyne has it's tools and trolls, but by far it is the best campaign to be in. It has always been that way. I understand what people are doing. First they tried to get Vivec players to play in Sotha, and now they are trying to get Kyne players to move over. Maybe they should just close down Sotha?

Also, many players in Kyne get crafted gear from guilds. I also have a Kyne Merchant Guild that is filled with drop sets, pvp rewards for players that play in Kyne. All noobs have access to gear if they want it.

Edited by vamp_emily on December 5, 2017 12:32AM

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you need proof no real new players are in kyne go search kyne on youtube you gonna find tons of compilation vids with annoying music by so called new players,these guys are max'd cp posting vids of kyne.You gonna find tons of vids and players.

And the solution to that is to feed all the new players to everyone in sotha sil so that they all make videos about abusing those new players?
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyne EU is full of Golded out tryhards, Ive even seen Monster sets in use by lv40's lol
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

And the solution to that is to feed all the new players to everyone in sotha sil so that they all make videos about abusing those new players?

No one is gonna post vids of them in a vet beating up lower levels and really new players don't exist in kyne if so there are so few compared too vets on low level maxd gear toons in there.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one is gonna post vids of them in a vet beating up lower levels and really new players don't exist in kyne if so there are so few compared too vets on low level maxd gear toons in there.

So no new players exist but everyone in kyne is making videos about beating new players. Do you even listen to urself?
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    New* players don’t exist in a growing rate the game is at a mature part of its lifecycle don’t get it twisted.
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 5, 2017 1:24AM
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭

So no new players exist but everyone in kyne is making videos about beating new players. Do you even listen to urself?

There are way more vets in there with cp toons compared to new players who just purchased the game