The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please merge the sub 50(Kyne) and non cp campaigns.

• esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    No elite players would gate camp. You’re referring to pugs or certain zerg guilds.

Hahahaha....oh it's such a shame we can't name and shame. All i'll say is, as someone who had this done to them during the summers pvp event by several of Sotha's small scale elites, and who has witnessed them doing this often since (including times when a couple of said players were Emp), its good to see you calling those guys out Static!
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    On the topic of beginning PVP in this game, the fact is, it's always been daunting. Always.
    I learned to PVP on DCs buff campaign, back when that was a thing and you carried Cryo buffs into PVE with you. I had just hit level 50 and went up against Hova and No Mercy every day.
    And however good you think guilds in the game are now, No Mercy at their apex were fricken monsters.
    It's daunting and hard because of the engine of the game itself. Under the hood mechanics like animation cancelling that isn't taught in PVE main story quests. Things like shield stacking, the timing of CCs, the importance of debuffs. LoSing. There are so many mowing parts in this game, it's not a stand in one spot going through a rotation MMO. And just knowledge of abilities and skills. How can you stand a chance against a DK if you've only played a nb and don't know how battle roar works? PVE in this game doesn't teach players that you can stop a rep, no matter what, with a shield/block bash.
    It's a world onto itself and a lot of the players who live in Cryo can easily forget that. "Look at that pug hitting the wall with a meatball", meanwhile he doesn't yet know it's a healing debuffs or how important healing debuffs are in the PVP environment.
    Basically PVP in this game will always be daunting because it is a different game on the same engine.
    I'm not sure what could help that. The heroic thing would be for newer players to be funneled into the non vet campaign better and for there to be kind and knowledgeable players leading educational guilds to help players bridge any gaps. THAT is asking a lot of the community though....maybe LoS could select players for positions like that and give them a free sub for their work. Even then it would be hard to find experienced players willing to play teacher.
    Failing that though....it's the nature of the game they build for better or worse. It will always have a steep curve.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a stupid thread :D

I've played in Kyne and never come across these "bullies" you speak of
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea personally. I would like to actually level a new character through PvP pretty much as soon as I could get it in there and even on a different platform. I don't really care about not being the strongest there. Problem is; it doesn't look very lively so it could get boring really fast.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zander98 wrote: »
    On the topic of beginning PVP in this game, the fact is, it's always been daunting. Always.
    I learned to PVP on DCs buff campaign, back when that was a thing and you carried Cryo buffs into PVE with you. I had just hit level 50 and went up against Hova and No Mercy every day.
    And however good you think guilds in the game are now, No Mercy at their apex were fricken monsters.
    It's daunting and hard because of the engine of the game itself. Under the hood mechanics like animation cancelling that isn't taught in PVE main story quests. Things like shield stacking, the timing of CCs, the importance of debuffs. LoSing. There are so many mowing parts in this game, it's not a stand in one spot going through a rotation MMO. And just knowledge of abilities and skills. How can you stand a chance against a DK if you've only played a nb and don't know how battle roar works? PVE in this game doesn't teach players that you can stop a rep, no matter what, with a shield/block bash.
    It's a world onto itself and a lot of the players who live in Cryo can easily forget that. "Look at that pug hitting the wall with a meatball", meanwhile he doesn't yet know it's a healing debuffs or how important healing debuffs are in the PVP environment.
    Basically PVP in this game will always be daunting because it is a different game on the same engine.
    I'm not sure what could help that. The heroic thing would be for newer players to be funneled into the non vet campaign better and for there to be kind and knowledgeable players leading educational guilds to help players bridge any gaps. THAT is asking a lot of the community though....maybe LoS could select players for positions like that and give them a free sub for their work. Even then it would be hard to find experienced players willing to play teacher.
    Failing that though....it's the nature of the game they build for better or worse. It will always have a steep curve.

How about Zos just make an in game manual. Its annoying not knowing how to start in either pve or pvp, crafting.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Zos just make an in game manual. Its annoying not knowing how to start in either pve or pvp, crafting.

Steady on now. They've yet to master that art of writing informative, accurate tool tips, and you want them to write something as grandiose as an in game manual? You'll be wanting the moon on a stick next! :p
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @StaticWave so then what was the point in this thread?
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @StaticWave so then what was the point in this thread?

forum pvp against kyne players? Deleting kyne. Bringing awareness that majority of pvp community inm kyne is just hiding in it. IDk. take your pic.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I recall you said kyne was dead, correct? And at the same time you want kyne deleted to move that population to sotha, correct? But if kyne has no pop wtf are you going on about?

If you play in vivec and shor, why are you worried about what is going on in kyne, since as you stated, pvp in kyne is dead.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you recalling or quoting?
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 6, 2017 10:02PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got back and reread what you wrote if you can't remember.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Got back and reread what you wrote if you can't remember.

I remember what I wrote, I believe what you are referring to is the death of Sotha and Shor, and the point of this thread of the fact that there are many many veteran players hiding in Kyne that are not new to PvP that I am trying to bring out into the lvl 50 campaigns.

I'd argue if you are to say someone "said" something that is documented as an accuser you'd supply the proof... no matter, no point in explaining the importance of the reasoning of why the burden of proof is on the side of the accuser.

I would pose the question, why would folks whom I knowingly know have pvp'd in sub 50 campaigns for over a year continue to do so. If it isn't just to beat up on other players where they have an unfair advantage then delete it. If it is due to balance or state of cyrodiil changes that have been implemented into the other campaigns that do not exist in kyne, maybe addressing those formally and bringing them to ZoS as entire pvp community?

As the community shrinks it will eventually be one Cyrodiil, we might as well have this discussion now.

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand what you are saying and I think in the kyne thread people have stated their reasons for staying in kyne.

I also have seen some guilds in kyne that need or needed to move to vet because they were too organized or too good to be in kyne. I think a lot of those players have already moved to sotha and shor.

I have also seen a lot of players stay because they have or had guilds that were there to teach new pvp players.

Now, I can personally say that when I played in shor I would try to engage in conversations with people who beat me and most of the time I either received no response or a response like, "do I know you?" Or "insert expletive scrub" So, I haven't seen much help or guidance from those in vet. I can say when I played in Azuras that I did receive far more help from the people that were there at that time.

So, in all I agree it's a shame that pvp is dying but at the same time the devs do nothing to fix the lag that ive seen people post about. The devs just seem to have no desire to help fix pvp, population or any other current problems.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MajBludd I would speak to @Rickter about Shor. He is actually trying to make a friendly community there and has been successful in the past weeks one that seems to embrace playstyles and communities enjoyed from within kyne.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do appreciate that. I'm an older player and don't have time to theory craft or things like that because of family and work.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

Steady on now. They've yet to master that art of writing informative, accurate tool tips, and you want them to write something as grandiose as an in game manual? You'll be wanting the moon on a stick next! :p

Well I remember when games use to come with a booklet that explained everything.
    They designed the damn game, they shouldve had a manual from the start. The "book" at work that has all the reprocessing information for every surgical instrument the hospital has is 4 feet long, and yes someone updates it everytime theres an addition, change ect. And nothing gets put into circulation until the "book" is updated. If someone can do that, then Zos can make a manual.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude, the people you THINK are still playing in Kyne, are not. I know because I was one of them. There are a handful of players that still reroll Kyne, and some of them are just there because they like to beat up noobs. They play EP and anyone who plays Kyne knows who they are. Around 10 players. Not a big deal. They would make little to no effect on a vet server. You wouldn't even know they were there. In short, as far as the big picture of Kyne goes, they are non-players.

Kyne is still alive and well for several reasons. It has the best performance. It has the best community. It has the best class and skill balance.

You cannot close Kyne. Can new players do just as well in sotha? I would say some can but that isnt the point of a starter server is it? No, its not. At a very primitive level, people want a place to start. Every game has a tutorial. Even if its not necessarily needed, it is wanted. That is the point. People want a place to start. Then they want to improve and move onto something that challenges them. Its not for you or zos to decide if people are 'ready' to move on.

I stayed in BWB for several years. Not because I was scared or hiding. I started pvp in Haderus. Played there for a year and then went to bwb to start my guild and help the game as a whole the best I could. I saw a need for a guild that was willing to pick up new players and teach them. I also saw a need for the new players to learn a diff play-style than is taught in the Vet servers (blob zergs). It went really well for a couple of years and then I got burnt out. Many players came into bwb, grouped with us and learned. Most of those players moved on when they felt ready. I stayed to help the next batch.

Aggro, what have you done to try and improve the pvp community? Seems to me your reasons are selfish and not very well thought out. Maybe you have done more harm than good in the community. Maybe if you had not been such a troll your server wouldn't be empty. Its like you pvpers dont realize that what you do in game effects other people. I hold the player base more responsible for the stat that pvp is in than I do zos. WE build these communities, and if WE are ***, players leave....game dies. Game over.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geeeeeesh @Valen_Byte chill out with all the aggro bruh.

Also my source is in ad guild in kyne and they run regular groups and have tons of people online, he is on said guild and explained to me exactly this situation. Listen I haven’t been in eso for years to realize that majority’s of kyne isn’t new players either. Let’s drop the act. The kyne thread is full of kyne players that admitted this exact fact to me this week that it’s the majority of the player base there that is rerolling with no plans to leave. Now if there isn’t a resolution to delete kyne to force them to move on maybe Zeni could make kyne have set rules templates and allow players in on their mains. Seeing as how a majority of players in there have solid hours played in PvP already it’s not like we are worried about a skill gap that wouldn’t exist in any other campaign.

Just please chill with the aggro bro....
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem campaign at the moment is Sotha, not Kyne. You made a guild called Campaign Killers because people [snip] about how people who you associate supposedly killed it. That should give you a clue about where you should focus your attention.

And if it's the guild I think you are talking about, the only one who runs in Kyne with a roster of over 400 people (300+ more than any other guild I know across all factions in Kyne).... lol. They don't wipe to gold weapons. They wipe because they're *** terrible, and with a *** self-aggrandizing lead to top. They wipe to groups I assemble from zone, with usually more than half of it people I have never met before, who are not in voice comms, and who often need to be told where to buy siege and how to slot it. Now imagine if I was actually an above average player...

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 3:16PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »

Also my source is in ad guild in kyne and they run regular groups and have tons of people online, he is on said guild and explained to me exactly this situation. Listen I haven’t been in eso for years to realize that majority’s of kyne isn’t new players either. Let’s drop the act. The kyne thread is full of kyne players that admitted this exact fact to me this week that it’s the majority of the player base there that is rerolling with no plans to leave. Now if there isn’t a resolution to delete kyne to force them to move on maybe Zeni could make kyne have set rules templates and allow players in on their mains. Seeing as how a majority of players in there have solid hours played in PvP already it’s not like we are worried about a skill gap that wouldn’t exist in any other campaign.

You have called out the thunder. I will not un-aggro.

Your source, is unreliable at best. I know this person and this guild. I have read the Kyne thread. All of it. Im in most of it. Just as I was in the previous incarnations of the BwB thread.

The numbers that where given to you regarding the re-roll pop in kyne where not accurate and given to you by someone who has rarely played there in the past year or so.

There are two kinds of re-rollers in kyne. The first are those who are actual new players. They play one toon through to vet, go to vet, get smashed. Decide to make an alt and come back to kyne. Fair enough, they decided they were not ready, or just had more fun in Kyne.

The second group of re-rollers are the ones you speak of. The ones who stay for years but for various reasons. Inside this group of re-rollers there are also two different kinds of long term re-rollers. The first being, the fun lovers. The ones who dont care about how awesome you are Aggro, they just want to hang with friends and guildies while casually playing a game. The second are a group a pvpers who are a lot like you. This is the part where I agree with you a little. If you spend a good bit of time reading the 400+ pages of the Kyne thread, you will see I have said all of this before. Anyway, these are the ones who like to tower farm in Kyne with there destro ults, Dawn Breakers and Meteors. These guys think they are gods gift to pvp. They are not though. They are simply taking advantage of a new players. They dont care about the map or the score. They dont care about helping new players. Some will even encourage gate camping lol. BUT, I could count them on my hands. I know them. All of them. They are insignificant. They are few.

So, no you cant close or merge kyne. All you can do is hope that these few players, who seem like so many, just go away and leave the rest to have a good time. It would be great if you could get them to leave. But they wont. It makes them feel too good to *** people off.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude just because some of us like to make alts and level in Kyne doesn't mean we don't also play in Vivec or Shor.
    My main guild plays in Vivec and won't go to Sotha because they think they need their crutch points like most other brain washed players.

Your problem is not Kyne, it is convincing players to play without training wheels.
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    So you dont want players that couldnt cut in "real" PVP to be in the lowbie campaign and abuse them with their gold crafted gear but you want the lowbie campaign to be merged with sotha sil so that everyone is sotha sil can abuse new players with their gold gear, broken builds and monster sets.

Got to admit. Im speechless.

You pretty much summed up why it would be stupid to close Kyne. I'm in Kyne like once or twice a week, learning to play a magsorc. I've ran into players who grind out meteors, dawnbreakers, destro ultis and gotten hit by them in nonvet. Its no big deal. However, getting hit by those ultis in vet campaigns ON my vet characters is totally different, and I've gotten one shotted by those before. Newish players have a better chance of fighting golded out experienced players in Kyne then they would in a vet campaign.

Kyne is fine and has nothing to do with the state of Sotha and Shor. Its Vivec. Vivec is sucking up all the pvp pop but at the same time killing it. People will go to the most populated server because that is where the most action is, but the server can't handle that many people and all the lag and load screens is making players quit pvp. There's a lot of reasons why players won't go to the side campaigns instead but I've already put in too much thought into a thread that was most likely started just to troll people. The answer to getting players into Sotha and Shor is not to close Kyne, its to lower the pop lock number (again) and force players to stop stacking 1 campaign and lagging it. Imo, there's plenty of action in a map with 2 bars on all factions. Make that the limit.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you dont want players that couldnt cut in "real" PVP to be in the lowbie campaign and abuse them with their gold crafted gear but you want the lowbie campaign to be merged with sotha sil so that everyone is sotha sil can abuse new players with their gold gear, broken builds and monster sets.

Got to admit. Im speechless.

You pretty much summed up why it would be stupid to close Kyne. I'm in Kyne like once or twice a week, learning to play a magsorc. I've ran into players who grind out meteors, dawnbreakers, destro ultis and gotten hit by them in nonvet. Its no big deal. However, getting hit by those ultis in vet campaigns ON my vet characters is totally different, and I've gotten one shotted by those before. Newish players have a better chance of fighting golded out experienced players in Kyne then they would in a vet campaign.

Kyne is fine and has nothing to do with the state of Sotha and Shor. Its Vivec. Vivec is sucking up all the pvp pop but at the same time killing it. People will go to the most populated server because that is where the most action is, but the server can't handle that many people and all the lag and load screens is making players quit pvp. There's a lot of reasons why players won't go to the side campaigns instead but I've already put in too much thought into a thread that was most likely started just to troll people. The answer to getting players into Sotha and Shor is not to close Kyne, its to lower the pop lock number (again) and force players to stop stacking 1 campaign and lagging it. Imo, there's plenty of action in a map with 2 bars on all factions. Make that the limit.

Apparently for some weird reason, some idiots who have seen it all high and mighty as if the world owes them or some [snip], think that you have no place in this game. According to them people like you and new players should either go in vet campaigns to die over and over and over again or gtfo of cyro because "quitters" have no place in the game. We only want "real mean and women" in cyrodiil.

Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 7:25PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    And what does the kyne community feel is owed to them? A place where they can infinitely train and never are forced to adapt to play on the level of their tru
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what does the kyne community feel is owed to them? A place where they can infinitely train and never are forced to adapt to play on the level of their tru

To be left alone and play as they want just as you can else where.
    No short little funny toothbrush mustache people needed.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 7, 2017 5:41PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭

No. The lands must be cleansed with their blood.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. The lands must be cleansed with their blood.

This isnt the RP section of the forums.

And they dont feel like you owe them anything. You are the one whining, not them.
    Edited by pieratsos on December 7, 2017 6:41PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m always in character, generating mad forum aggro.... I don’t drop character till they unplug the servers.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes you do learn by playing in more difficult situations. But there is still a thing called learning curve genius. You dont just throw soldiers to war before they learn how to shoot. We cant make it more simple for you to understand. You are wrong, get over it.

Except this is just a game where people can die repeatedly without consequences. Don't bring real life examples into a virtual world.
    If you want to mentor people with ur "never quit" speeches and turn them into PVP monsters then go find a guy and do it. There are people who bought the game to have fun and they dont give a [snip] about ur personal beliefs of what makes someone good or not. They just want to have fun. Dying over and over again without having a clue how u even die is not fun. They dont need to do it and they dont want to do it. So stop asking them to do it. Period.

Nobody asks them to die. Get better at the game and they die less.
    And dont talk to me about aggressive behaviour and [snip]. You've been repeating urself like a broken record, almost everyone disagree with you and u want to send every new player in the game to get slaughtered because of some weird twisted bs idea that you have in ur mind as if everyone want to be like you. Did you even bother to ask urself if people actually care about being good? Some of them just want to have fun. So before u talk about aggressive behaviours how about u lose that stupid mentality of superiority and stop asking people to do things they dont like just because u like them or dictating who has a place in this game and who doesnt.

I never said anything about wanting people to be like me, nor do I care if they want to. I'm supporting Aggro's request of merging Kyne and Sotha. Yet you get so triggered over a simple forum post to the point of acting aggressively. Not that I'm upset by your behavior, but it's getting to the point where I can't have a decent discussion without you name calling and throwing tantrums on every post I make. If you can't control yourself please do us a favor and leave.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 7, 2017 7:59PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    No elite players would gate camp. You’re referring to pugs or certain zerg guilds.

Hahahaha....oh it's such a shame we can't name and shame. All i'll say is, as someone who had this done to them during the summers pvp event by several of Sotha's small scale elites, and who has witnessed them doing this often since (including times when a couple of said players were Emp), its good to see you calling those guys out Static!

What faction are you on?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc