The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please merge the sub 50(Kyne) and non cp campaigns.

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kinda makes sense but 50s gear will wreak lowbies hard.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kinda makes sense but 50s gear will wreak lowbies hard.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Strange... what happened to all the PvP players claiming they were the majority group in ESO and how everything needed to revolve around PvP? Seems perhaps reality is starting to set in and that PvP in ESO is actually a minority group, hence the reason they receive very little in regards to content. Although, what still sucks is how the devs continue to insist on 'balancing' aka 'wrecking' PvE in order to appease the minority PvP players.

Even though ZOS stated several times that they will not separate PvE from PvP, I still keep hoping that they will. Wrecking the majority of players gameplay to appease a minority group is NOT the way to keep players happy and the majority game population healthy.

PvP is the end game for most MMOs, whether you like it or not. You may plow through trials for days because you know the mechanics, but you can’t do that vs players. PvP is a constantly changing gameplay where you’re actually fighting people instead of NPCs. There’s no “dungeon/trial mechanics” involved. The same people you’re fighting today may get better tomorrow, or worse. The only reason ZOS cater to PvE-ers is because they can’t milk a lot of money from PvP.

Whether you like it or not, PvP ISN'T endgame for most in THIS mmo, ESO. As much as I enjoy pvping, the need or the desire to better another human ISN'T what motivates the VAST majority of ESO's fanbase nor do the majority consider it endgame. Numbers don't lie. As a BUSINESS, Zos is going to cater to the majority. If pvper's were the majority they would get catered to and Zos would find a way to milk them, let's not pretend otherwise.

PvP IS the end game for ESO. ZOS needs to pump out new PvE contents to keep PvE-ers interested, while PvP does not require that much content to keep players involved. In order to compete in PvP, you need to min/max your gear, skills and passives. This is the reason why PvP is the end game for most MMOs, ESO included. You may not think so because ZOS has been doing a terrible job at giving PvP the balances and changes it needs. PvP does not have a real leaderboard and ranking system to promote competitiveness, which is what we really need. Cyrodill's leaderboard does not promote competitiveness that many players seek in this game, neither does battlegrounds. That is also why ESO is a dying game. Other companies don't just ignore 1 part of their game because it's a minority. Lots of PvPers don't PvE, so they spend real money to purchase things in the Crown store. Just because we don't want to buy ESO+ or the new DLCs does not mean we don't spend money to buy other stuff like mounts and costumes. We make profit for ZOS, just like anybody else.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    If 90% of people in Kyne quit but 10% moves to shor sotha or vivec, it would be a win in my book.

90% of people in kyne already quit genius. And its one of the reasons why sotha and vivec populations are going down.

The great thing about percentages is to me if there is people in Kyne there’s 100% of those people not currently in sotha :) genius. Pops going down cause pvp is dying in general so merge all those servers and watch it burn

There is no great thing about percentages or numbers to you cause its clear that u have no clue what they mean and how to use them.

And when u bring those few people left in kyne to sotha/vivec, they will get murdered over and over again till they quit and ur population will go down again. Only this time, u wont even have kyne for new players. You just need common sense to realise how stupid ur idea is but im not surprised that you dont get it. Common sense doesnt seem to be common for you.

And one of the main reasons why pvp is dying in general is because of people like you with the dumb mentality of stack to crown. Go back to ur blob group. You are not needed here.

You started this thread to "protect" the newbs from the griefers that abuse them in kyne but right now you just sound like one of those griefers that want to abuse new players. Keep ur ideas for urself. Its clear that u have no clue about what u are talking about.

Did you just tell @A_G_G_R_O , the GM of a well-known small scale guild in NA, to go back to his "blob group"? What's up with the hostility?
    Edited by StaticWave on December 5, 2017 4:25PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If 90% of people in Kyne quit but 10% moves to shor sotha or vivec, it would be a win in my book.

90% of people in kyne already quit genius. And its one of the reasons why sotha and vivec populations are going down.

The great thing about percentages is to me if there is people in Kyne there’s 100% of those people not currently in sotha :) genius. Pops going down cause pvp is dying in general so merge all those servers and watch it burn

There is no great thing about percentages or numbers to you cause its clear that u have no clue what they mean and how to use them.

And when u bring those few people left in kyne to sotha/vivec, they will get murdered over and over again till they quit and ur population will go down again. Only this time, u wont even have kyne for new players. You just need common sense to realise how stupid ur idea is but im not surprised that you dont get it. Common sense doesnt seem to be common for you.

And one of the main reasons why pvp is dying in general is because of people like you with the dumb mentality of stack to crown. Go back to ur blob group. You are not needed here.

You started this thread to "protect" the newbs from the griefers that abuse them in kyne but right now you just sound like one of those griefers that want to abuse new players. Keep ur ideas for urself. Its clear that u have no clue about what u are talking about.

Did you just tell @A_G_G_R_O , the GM of a well-known small scale guild in NA, to go back to his "blob group"? What's up with the hostility?

Well he is the one who wanted a forum PVP fight. I guess he lost again.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New* players don’t exist in a growing rate the game is at a mature part of its lifecycle don’t get it twisted.

Your issue is that u highlight two entirely different problems (gear in kyne and small population in kyne and sotha) but you fail to understand the root of those problems and u proposed a "solution" that solves temporarily one at the expense of the other (population at the expense of new players getting murdered in sotha and vivec) which in the longterm wont work because no new players will get into PVP when they get murdered by everyone and so the population will go down again. Your solution makes things 100 times worse because again, you dont understand the root of those problems.

No. The problem is ZOS allows new players to enter cp-enabled campaigns where they will be discouraged because they get absolutely murdered by veteran players. I've seen many new players complain about unfairness but when i asked them what campaign they play in, it's vivec. Cp is the reason there is a massive difference between new and vet players. A player below 50 can do just fine in a no-cp campaign if he has gold gear and enough passives. In fact, Battle Spirit gives low players a lot of advantage in a no-cp campaign. Not the case for cp campaigns though.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 5, 2017 4:33PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

except that you were just assuming things you don't know. lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sub 50 campaign would make sense if people truly sub 50 just pvp’d there. As it is, it just fills up with [griefers] who couldn’t cut it in real pvp so they hide there and [abuse new players trying to learn].

If eso had a large pvp population it would be fine but as it is at 50 there’s only one lag filled outhouse of a server to fight on NA/PC.

[bait deleted to create an actual debate].

Plz and thanks.

Inb4 threats of if they do I’ll quit.

Sounds like you stepped into kyne and got your ass handed

On PC EU, tgere are 2 lag filled servers. Vivec and sotha sil, so both cp and no cp.

Kyne on the other hand is refreshing lag free with small scale potential.
    Edited by laksikus on December 5, 2017 4:44PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New* players don’t exist in a growing rate the game is at a mature part of its lifecycle don’t get it twisted.

Your issue is that u highlight two entirely different problems (gear in kyne and small population in kyne and sotha) but you fail to understand the root of those problems and u proposed a "solution" that solves temporarily one at the expense of the other (population at the expense of new players getting murdered in sotha and vivec) which in the longterm wont work because no new players will get into PVP when they get murdered by everyone and so the population will go down again. Your solution makes things 100 times worse because again, you dont understand the root of those problems.

No. The problem is ZOS allows new players to enter cp-enabled campaigns where they will be discouraged because they get absolutely murdered by veteran players. I've seen many new players complain about unfairness but when i asked them what campaign they play in, it's vivec. Cp is the reason there is a massive difference between new and vet players. A player below 50 can do just fine in a no-cp campaign if he has gold gear and enough passives. In fact, Battle Spirit gives low players a lot of advantage in a no-cp campaign. Not the case for cp campaigns though.

Im not even sure about what you are saying. I am literally the one who is against sending new players to sotha and vivec. Doesnt matter if its sotha or vivec. They will still get murdered because of how scaling works and because they are new to PVP. No new player has access to gold gear. They have no clue what gold gear even is or how scaling even works for that matter. Gear should not be a factor in kyne or not as big of a factor. Leave theorycrafting, gear or whatever to be a thing for vet campaigns.
    Edited by pieratsos on December 5, 2017 4:53PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

except that you were just assuming things you don't know. lol

Who said anything about assumptions?
    But you don’t need training to educate people to stack on crown.

You were saying?
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Funny, I'm PC/NA and PvP..... Never heard of them....:)
    Not that well known I guess.
    As to the OP.....Just No.....
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on December 5, 2017 5:04PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Im not even sure about what you are saying. I am literally the one who is against sending new players to sotha and vivec. Doesnt matter if its sotha or vivec. They will still get murdered because of how scaling works and because they are new to PVP. No new player has access to gold gear. They have no clue what gold gear even is or how scaling even works for that matter. Gear should not be a factor in kyne or not as big of a factor. Leave theorycrafting, gear or whatever to be a thing for vet campaigns.

I'm saying ZOS needs to make Vivec and Shor only accessible to cp160+ players. Battle spirit gives low level players an advantage. The only difference between Sotha and Kyne is there's gold gear and min/max-ing in Sotha
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're well-known in shor and No-CP.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm saying ZOS needs to make Vivec and Shor only accessible to cp160+ players. Battle spirit gives low level players an advantage. The only difference between Sotha and Kyne is there's gold gear and min/max-ing in Sotha

For starters making vivec and shor accessible to cp160+ is an entirely different discussion and i unserstand what u are trying to do but you are wrong. CP is unrelated to the gear. Someone with CP 10 gear will get his butt kicked by someone with CP160 gear. Doesnt matter if they have CP enabled or not. Anw like i said this is an entirely different discussion.

What we are discussing is whether sotha and kyne should be merged. I still dont understand what you are trying to say. I said they should not be merged cause you merging them means sending new players to get slaughtered. And judging by what u said that there is gold gear and min/maxing in Sotha then u are also against the idea of merging them. So if u are against, why are u even arguing when u are basically telling the exact same thing and u dont say those things to the person who wants to see the campaigns merged?
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Judging by this comment
    Actually there is something preventing small scalers from coming back, there is no population in the campaign.

I highly doubt that he even knows what small scale is and how it works. Let alone being well known for it.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Judging by this comment
    Actually there is something preventing small scalers from coming back, there is no population in the campaign.

I highly doubt that he even knows what small scale is and how it works. Let alone being well known for it.

Well known when sotha was still alive. And you know small scale?
    Edited by StaticWave on December 5, 2017 6:14PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For starters making vivec and shor accessible to cp160+ is an entirely different discussion and i unserstand what u are trying to do but you are wrong. CP is unrelated to the gear. Someone with CP 10 gear will get his butt kicked by someone with CP160 gear. Doesnt matter if they have CP enabled or not. Anw like i said this is an entirely different discussion.

What we are discussing is whether sotha and kyne should be merged. I still dont understand what you are trying to say. I said they should not be merged cause you merging them means sending new players to get slaughtered. And judging by what u said that there is gold gear and min/maxing in Sotha then u are also against the idea of merging them. So if u are against, why are u even arguing when u are basically telling the exact same thing and u dont say those things to the person who wants to see the campaigns merged?

Sure someone with cp 10 gear will get destroyed by cp160 gear, but only if both of them are at cp160. Gear scales with level so the only deciding factor left is cp and passives. No, i'm not against merging. PvP in this game isn't some rocket science. A couple days of PvP and any newbies can understand how cyrodill works, given that they get enough information from more experienced players. If kyne was a completely noob-friendly zone then they will get shredded regardless when they enter vet campaigns. Sotha is the perfect place to give them that competitive exposure.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure someone with cp 10 gear will get destroyed by cp160 gear, but only if both of them are at cp160. Gear scales with level so the only deciding factor left is cp and passives. No, i'm not against merging. PvP in this game isn't some rocket science. A couple days of PvP and any newbies can understand how cyrodill works, given that they get enough information from more experienced players. If kyne was a completely noob-friendly zone then they will get shredded regardless when they enter vet campaigns. Sotha is the perfect place to give them that competitive exposure.

Do you even know how scaling works? The whole [snip] reason why new players get murdered by those "griefers" in kyne is because those "griefers" actually have good gear which is crafted for the most part and those new players are playing with trash outdated gear. And you want to send those new players with trash outdated gear to vet campaigns so that they get murdered by 100 worse builds with monster sets etc and ball groups that will roll over them as if they were PVE mobs. Do you even listen to urself?

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 9:10PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Judging by this comment

He said we dont need to educate people to stack on crown. The stupid stack on crown mentality has nothing to do with small scale. To do solo/small scale people most certainly need to be educated. The whole [snip] point of solo/small scale is to outplay ur opponents. A new player cant outplay his opponents because he has no clue about what he is doing. Let alone putting him against people that actually know what they are doing.

And he said that small scale doesnt exist because of low population as if somehow high population is in the favour of small scale. A comments that is 100% off target.

I dont know what kind of definition do u have for small scale but playing in ur "8 man small groups" stacking on crown and roll over people by crunching on stupid mechanics isnt considered small scale.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 9:11PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭

Judging by this comment

He said we dont need to educate people to stack on crown. The stupid stack on crown mentality has nothing to do with small scale. To do solo/small scale people most certainly need to be educated. The whole [snip] point of solo/small scale is to outplay ur opponents. A new player cant outplay his opponents because he has no clue about what he is doing. Let alone putting him against people that actually know what they are doing.

And he said that small scale doesnt exist because of low population as if somehow high population is in the favour of small scale. A comments that is 100% off target.

I dont know what kind of definition do u have for small scale but playing in ur "8 man small groups" stacking on crown and roll over people by crunching on stupid mechanics isnt considered small scale.

I am a competent small scaler. I make the argument due to I haven’t seen one competent small scaler learn so in Kyne. I run a guild of elite players that usually doesn’t exceed groups of 4.

You can’t learn how to play properly in Kyne because you aren’t learnig the full toolkit and the full toolkit of your enemy.

You can argue otherwise, but you would simply wrong. I’m sorry you think I am running a destro train group in vet campaigns. I don’t.

But people who come from Kyne uneducated and sick of getting farmed are the first people to put “LFG” in zone chat.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 9:10PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can’t small scale in sotha because my factions zerged DC and EP to the gates regularly. So who am I to fight guards? I can small scale in shor * and do but sometimes there just aren’t people on. Vivec is there but the server performance is despicable.

If we had more population on the servers that need it, small scalers could have people to fight with good server performance. There is tons of people to fight on vivec, but the server performance is dog####.
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 5, 2017 7:48PM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, so the real reason you want to merge servers finally bubbled to the surface. It has nothing to do with helping out new players and everything to do with your own personal selfish desire to "small scale" the players "hiding" in kyne. My suggestion OP is to have your guild roll Kyne characters. I'll give you a hint they usually log on at about 3am EST.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, so the real reason you want to merge servers finally bubbled to the surface. It has nothing to do with helping out new players and everything to do with your own personal selfish desire to "small scale" the players "hiding" in kyne. My suggestion OP is to have your guild roll Kyne characters. I'll give you a hint they usually log on at about 3am EST.

I want them to do as kyne instended and hit 50 then infuse the population of the campaigns that need fresh blood. There was nothing more frustrating then being on a faction dominating campaign with nothing to fight. Then to see fully competent enemy guilds in kyne that could cull my factions Zerg if they didn’t enjoy grouping up and beating on newbs in kyne. If pops were the same as one tam this wouldn’t be a discussion.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree I think a lot of new pvpers get turned off because the zone is polluted with extremely overtuned players not letting people get the new experience.

On kyne Ps4NA. I've seen guys running poisons and fully kitted out builds. It's a joke really. It's like going to kindergartens amd pushing the kids around just to feel like a tough guy.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    However the people who hit 50 in kyne are quitting the game, reroll into kyne, or just going straight in vivec. Because the other campaigns seen nothing but straight pop loss.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However the people who hit 50 in kyne are quitting the game, reroll into kyne, or just going straight in vivec. Because the other campaigns seen nothing but straight pop loss.

So is Vivec. A temporary infusion from Kyne isn't going to stop the bleeding.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure would make the downward spiral more interesting tho
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel, One Campaign.
    No Guest Campaign.
    Overflow into a backup campaign while waiting to get into the Show.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel, One Campaign.
    No Guest Campaign.
    Overflow into a backup campaign while waiting to get into the Show.

I LIKE YOUR STYLE!!!!!!!!
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Judging by this comment

I am a competent small scaler. I make the argument due to I haven’t seen one competent small scaler learn so in Kyne. I run a guild of elite players that usually doesn’t exceed groups of 4.

You can’t learn how to play properly in Kyne because you aren’t learnig the full toolkit and the full toolkit of your enemy.

You can argue otherwise, but you would simply wrong. I’m sorry you think I am running a destro train group in vet campaigns. I don’t.

But people who come from Kyne uneducated and sick of getting farmed are the first people to put “LFG” in zone chat.

You are the one who said they dont need to be educated to stack on crown. Now they do?

You really need to stop posting mate. You are just randomly making posts that make zero sense. You have no argument to make. You came here to complain about "griefers" abusing new players when the truth is that u are just like one of those "griefers" that want see PVP destroyed just for the sake of farming new players.

Dont worry, ull get what u want in the next AP event. Patience.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 9:09PM