Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please merge the sub 50(Kyne) and non cp campaigns.

A_G_G_R_O
A_G_G_R_O
✭✭✭✭
The sub 50 campaign would make sense if people truly sub 50 just pvp’d there. As it is, it just fills up with [griefers] who couldn’t cut it in real pvp so they hide there and [abuse new players trying to learn].

If eso had a large pvp population it would be fine but as it is at 50 there’s only one lag filled outhouse of a server to fight on NA/PC.

[bait deleted to create an actual debate].

Plz and thanks.

Inb4 threats of if they do I’ll quit.

Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 4, 2017 6:21PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plz
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the noob campaign needs to remain for first timers. But its broken as people stay there and ruin newbies fun.

However I'm after more pop in Non-CP too. Personally I think they could merge Sotha and Shor. Have the only 7 day no-CP. So its L1-50, 7 day no-CP, Vivec.

I am EU however an pop is Generally lower.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about no?

No-CP campaign =/= noob campaign

Merging no-cp with under lvl50 only means more zerglings and cannon fodder.
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Precisely
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Why? Because when you take your under 50 toon to Sotha Sil and Vivec and you join a pug, it's a gamble on whether the pug leader will kick you for being a lowbie and for people still learning to pvp, that's pretty harsh and discouraging.

Why the bleep do people think making Cyro pvp harder for people to get into will somehow make it better? Thread after thread of these amazing bad takes. What the bleep is wrong with you people?

Kyne is actually one of the better campaign, ime, because the level cap keeps a lot of cp690 trash* out. Leave it be.

(By that I mean cp690 pvpers who are lazy and know how the cheat and AP leech their way to the top of the leaderboards without helping out groups or really doing anything, not cp690 players who are still learning to pvp--you folks are good and we want you in Cyro)
    Edited by jssriot on December 4, 2017 5:36PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop hiding in Kyne
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW had a perfect solution for players that wanted to abuse lowbie pvp, pvp meant for new players not veterans afraid of the real thing. If you made lowbie pvp players they were instanced into a separate queue system. Seeing as how ESO pvp population is circling the drain that system wouldn’t work. However they could just merge Kyne with sotha to circumvent this where cp in either does not matter. In either situation new players are being abused, possibly worse so in Kyne due to players having absurdly battle scaled gold gear at level 30 etc just to stomp on new players who do not have a chance.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should merge Sotha and Kyne to help with population, but then I wouldn't get any "Your Soul Assault is ***" whispers.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could also make Kyne stay separate but if you are >cp160 ineligible to join
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is ONE of the reasons i left kyne, i used to reroll mainly to play with my friends and guildies who were there as well as teach new players... however .... after a while i started feeling bad ... you could easily spot out a new PvPer and i got tired of killing newbies ... granted... the highest quality gear i would run is purple ( most of the time it was blue quality except weapons ) and only golded out weapons once ( when i was emp ) other than that it was usually blue quality with purple weapons ( esp toward the end of my kyne days )
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree I think a lot of new pvpers get turned off because the zone is polluted with extremely overtuned players not letting people get the new experience.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion I think that Kyne should take the account CP into consideration. Even though CP are disabled in Kyne, too many high CP players abuse the setting to fight players who well and truly do need a noob PVP zone. If you have over 500cp on your account you shouldn't be constantly re-rolling and deleting characters JUST to stay in lowbie PVP. Shuffling and gilding out lowbie gear, even using now Undaunted Keys from the mystery boxes to get lowbie monster shoulders, all to permanently stay in Kyne with a significant edge/experience against truly inexperienced players. At that point the campaign isn't for you anymore but from my brief time in Kyne it seemed that a significant amount of players were high level re-rollers taking advantage of the campaign restrictions.

Now there are some high level players that do stay in Kyne to teach the true noobs the basics but most high levels are greifers is what it seemed to me.

Edited by Left4Daud on December 4, 2017 6:17PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    In my opinion I think that Kyne should take the account CP into consideration. Even though CP are disabled in Kyne, too many high CP players abuse the setting to fight players who well and truly do need a noob PVP zone. If you have over 500cp on your account you shouldn't be constantly re-rolling and deleting characters. Shuffling and gilding out lowbie gear, even using now Undaunted Keys from the mystery boxes to get lowbie monster shoulders, all to permanently stay in Kyne with a significant edge/experience against truly inexperienced players. At that point the campaign isn't for you anymore but from my brief time in Kyne it seemed that a significant amount of players were high level re-rollers taking advantage of the campaign restrictions.

Now there are some high level players that do stay in Kyne to teach the true noobs the basics but most high levels are greifers is what it seemed to me.

Agreed these high level griefers do two destructive things to pvp.

1. They hamper the growth of new inflow of pvpers by destroying their chance to learn due to superiority outgearing And outclassing them.
    2. They don’t help populate and support the lvl 50 campaigns that badly need population to balance out the current state of affairs for every campaign that is not vivec.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the dude who's PvE'd up to 300+ CP on their main, and has never PvP'd so they're a "noob". Where would they take their low-level PvP alt to learn?

(just a hypothetical. I don't pvp, so that's not me. /shrug)

edit: or "just because you have CP, doesn't mean you're not a pvp noob" ;)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on December 4, 2017 6:25PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    They could also make Kyne stay separate but if you are >cp160 ineligible to join

There's plenty of people who are at >cp160 but with zero pvp experience.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @A_G_G_R_O ...that's a pretty darn good idea right there...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no need to merge stuff. Kyne is no cp anyway and chars above lv 50 can't join. Just like it's meant to be.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange... what happened to all the PvP players claiming they were the majority group in ESO and how everything needed to revolve around PvP? Seems perhaps reality is starting to set in and that PvP in ESO is actually a minority group, hence the reason they receive very little in regards to content. Although, what still sucks is how the devs continue to insist on 'balancing' aka 'wrecking' PvE in order to appease the minority PvP players.

Even though ZOS stated several times that they will not separate PvE from PvP, I still keep hoping that they will. Wrecking the majority of players gameplay to appease a minority group is NOT the way to keep players happy and the majority game population healthy.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm over 160CP (240) and just started in Kyne a few weeks ago. I used to PvP a lot in DAOC, but am a noob in ESO.

I've never seen any griefers. It's been a lot of fun.

I wouldn't want high-level players with maxed out gear in the same campaign, so no, don't do it.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they base it off of a cumulative AP earned or rank via account. There are metrics there for this.
    How about the dude who's PvE'd up to 300+ CP on their main, and has never PvP'd so they're a "noob". Where would they take their low-level PvP alt to learn?

Sotha Sil would be just as noob friendly. The issue is with Kyne is it is far from
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    This won’t ruin the experience of new players because it doesn’t matter if it’s sotha or kyne these new players are going to be fighting enemies that are better geared, this is thanks to the people who think it’s fun to gold out gear for kyne so they can win against new players. It will however force these plebs to get their characters and have to pvp against real opponents not people who just started the game
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    This won’t ruin the experience of new players because it doesn’t matter if it’s sotha or kyne these new players are going to be fighting enemies that are better geared, this is thanks to the people who think it’s fun to gold out gear for kyne so they can win against new players. It will however force these plebs to get their characters and have to pvp against real opponents not people who just started the game

Exactly this
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say no. Kyne ime is much more welcoming of noob questions in zone chat, and has a lot less of the abusive, off-putting zone talk that happens in the other campaigns.

Besides, what about people trying a new class or set up? I've gotten to max CP almost entirely on nightblades; I appreciate that if I ever rolled a stam DK I could play in under-50 and figure the class out without being insta-killed in Sotha Sil or Vivec.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the few occasions when I have stepped into Kyne with my non vet characters it didn't take me long to realize that place is an absolute shark tank...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil would be just as noob friendly. The issue is with Kyne is it is far from

Yeah, you never get Emps and their experienced high level mates farming new players at the gates in Sotha, do you Aggro? Oh wait...

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not saying sotha is any friendlier, but if there isn’t a difference combine for the overall population health. Besides it’s just a hole for bad players to isolate themselves from actual PvP in the hopes of farming new or undergeared players.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they base it off of a cumulative AP earned or rank via account. There are metrics there for this.

I would have to disagree with this. Sotha Sil will have level 50 players running max level set gear and fully leveled skill lines. Kyne, even for more advanced players, is still limited in the skills and gear that you are using. For example, not many players below level 35 are going to have hardened ward or mines on a sorc, and no-one will be running monster sets or dungeon gear. Mostly crafted or AP bought gear. It makes for a huge power difference.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no thanks. although i've left that campaign for Vivec it's pretty clear in my mind that the long time guilds on Kyne are very accommodating to new players and will actively recruit from zone chat. i've never personally seen vet players abuse new players on Kyne this is on PC NA.

The gold weapon/armor accusation is hilarious every time i read it. your item quality deteriorates so fast in that campaign that no non-emp player would spend the time and gold on something so short lived.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of those people stay in Kyne because PVP is a lot different without monster sets and EOTS, and other stuff even the really dedicated aren't going to have at < 50. They might move along if they had that option somewhere else.

There are people who keep a 40-something alt just to farm Kyne, but I don't think they're a big part of the population. Are they enough to drive off newbs who are willing to stick through the loading screens and oh-hey-my-class-got-broken? And is Sotha going to be an improvement on that? Eh.