Please merge the sub 50(Kyne) and non cp campaigns.

  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be Ok with this if there wasn’t a huge gear shift at CP160.

    Imo all gear should stop at lvl 50. Make lvl 50 the new CP160 for gear and a merger like this makes a ton of sense
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

    Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp


  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I’d be Ok with this if there wasn’t a huge gear shift at CP160.

    Imo all gear should stop at lvl 50. Make lvl 50 the new CP160 for gear and a merger like this makes a ton of sense

    I 100% agree with this , all those cp in between sets are archaic and pointless
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    If 90% of people in Kyne quit but 10% moves to shor sotha or vivec, it would be a win in my book.

    90% of people in kyne already quit genius. And its one of the reasons why sotha and vivec populations are going down.

    The great thing about percentages is to me if there is people in Kyne there’s 100% of those people not currently in sotha :) genius. Pops going down cause pvp is dying in general so merge all those servers and watch it burn

    There is no great thing about percentages or numbers to you cause its clear that u have no clue what they mean and how to use them.

    And when u bring those few people left in kyne to sotha/vivec, they will get murdered over and over again till they quit and ur population will go down again. Only this time, u wont even have kyne for new players. You just need common sense to realise how stupid ur idea is but im not surprised that you dont get it. Common sense doesnt seem to be common for you.

    And one of the main reasons why pvp is dying in general is because of people like you with the dumb mentality of stack to crown. Go back to ur blob group. You are not needed here.

    You started this thread to "protect" the newbs from the griefers that abuse them in kyne but right now you just sound like one of those griefers that want to abuse new players. Keep ur ideas for urself. Its clear that u have no clue about what u are talking about.

    Did you just tell @A_G_G_R_O , the GM of a well-known small scale guild in NA, to go back to his "blob group"? What's up with the hostility?

    Funny, I'm PC/NA and PvP..... Never heard of them....:)
    Not that well known I guess.
    As to the OP.....Just No.....

    They're well-known in shor and No-CP.

    Judging by this comment
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Actually there is something preventing small scalers from coming back, there is no population in the campaign.

    I highly doubt that he even knows what small scale is and how it works. Let alone being well known for it.

    Well known when sotha was still alive. And you know small scale?

    He said we dont need to educate people to stack on crown. The stupid stack on crown mentality has nothing to do with small scale. To do solo/small scale people most certainly need to be educated. The whole [snip] point of solo/small scale is to outplay ur opponents. A new player cant outplay his opponents because he has no clue about what he is doing. Let alone putting him against people that actually know what they are doing.

    And he said that small scale doesnt exist because of low population as if somehow high population is in the favour of small scale. A comments that is 100% off target.

    I dont know what kind of definition do u have for small scale but playing in ur "8 man small groups" stacking on crown and roll over people by crunching on stupid mechanics isnt considered small scale.

    I am a competent small scaler. I make the argument due to I haven’t seen one competent small scaler learn so in Kyne. I run a guild of elite players that usually doesn’t exceed groups of 4.

    You can’t learn how to play properly in Kyne because you aren’t learnig the full toolkit and the full toolkit of your enemy.

    You can argue otherwise, but you would simply wrong. I’m sorry you think I am running a destro train group in vet campaigns. I don’t.

    But people who come from Kyne uneducated and sick of getting farmed are the first people to put “LFG” in zone chat.

    You are the one who said they dont need to be educated to stack on crown. Now they do?

    You really need to stop posting mate. You are just randomly making posts that make zero sense. You have no argument to make. You came here to complain about "griefers" abusing new players when the truth is that u are just like one of those "griefers" that want see PVP destroyed just for the sake of farming new players.

    Dont worry, ull get what u want in the next AP event. Patience.

    No I am saying the only education they are going to get in Kyne is stack on crown.
    Which they can learn else where and succeed at since its just zerging.
    If they truly want to learn how to solo and small scale on a real level it isn't happening there.

    I'd ask you to stop posting but honestly this forum is the closest you and I will ever get to pvp vs the people hiding in kyne community.

    [Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 9:09PM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    New* players don’t exist in a growing rate the game is at a mature part of its lifecycle don’t get it twisted.

    Your issue is that u highlight two entirely different problems (gear in kyne and small population in kyne and sotha) but you fail to understand the root of those problems and u proposed a "solution" that solves temporarily one at the expense of the other (population at the expense of new players getting murdered in sotha and vivec) which in the longterm wont work because no new players will get into PVP when they get murdered by everyone and so the population will go down again. Your solution makes things 100 times worse because again, you dont understand the root of those problems.

    No. The problem is ZOS allows new players to enter cp-enabled campaigns where they will be discouraged because they get absolutely murdered by veteran players. I've seen many new players complain about unfairness but when i asked them what campaign they play in, it's vivec. Cp is the reason there is a massive difference between new and vet players. A player below 50 can do just fine in a no-cp campaign if he has gold gear and enough passives. In fact, Battle Spirit gives low players a lot of advantage in a no-cp campaign. Not the case for cp campaigns though.

    Im not even sure about what you are saying. I am literally the one who is against sending new players to sotha and vivec. Doesnt matter if its sotha or vivec. They will still get murdered because of how scaling works and because they are new to PVP. No new player has access to gold gear. They have no clue what gold gear even is or how scaling even works for that matter. Gear should not be a factor in kyne or not as big of a factor. Leave theorycrafting, gear or whatever to be a thing for vet campaigns.

    I'm saying ZOS needs to make Vivec and Shor only accessible to cp160+ players. Battle spirit gives low level players an advantage. The only difference between Sotha and Kyne is there's gold gear and min/max-ing in Sotha

    For starters making vivec and shor accessible to cp160+ is an entirely different discussion and i unserstand what u are trying to do but you are wrong. CP is unrelated to the gear. Someone with CP 10 gear will get his butt kicked by someone with CP160 gear. Doesnt matter if they have CP enabled or not. Anw like i said this is an entirely different discussion.

    What we are discussing is whether sotha and kyne should be merged. I still dont understand what you are trying to say. I said they should not be merged cause you merging them means sending new players to get slaughtered. And judging by what u said that there is gold gear and min/maxing in Sotha then u are also against the idea of merging them. So if u are against, why are u even arguing when u are basically telling the exact same thing and u dont say those things to the person who wants to see the campaigns merged?

    Sure someone with cp 10 gear will get destroyed by cp160 gear, but only if both of them are at cp160. Gear scales with level so the only deciding factor left is cp and passives. No, i'm not against merging. PvP in this game isn't some rocket science. A couple days of PvP and any newbies can understand how cyrodill works, given that they get enough information from more experienced players. If kyne was a completely noob-friendly zone then they will get shredded regardless when they enter vet campaigns. Sotha is the perfect place to give them that competitive exposure.

    Do you even know how scaling works? The whole [snip] reason why new players get murdered by those "griefers" in kyne is because those "griefers" actually have good gear which is crafted for the most part and those new players are playing with trash outdated gear. And you want to send those new players with trash outdated gear to vet campaigns so that they get murdered by 100 worse builds with monster sets etc and ball groups that will roll over them as if they were PVE mobs. Do you even listen to urself?

    yes. a cp160 wearing cp 160 gear will get the same stat bonus as a cp 10 wearing cp10 gear. that's what i was talking about. Gear is not hard to get since low level gear doesnt cost a lot to craft. Most people craft them for free. the only part that costs is golding out weapons. And what's your point? Eventually they will level to 50 and will be forced to play in vet campaigns where they will get trashed on by those ball groups. The only difference is if they got the early exposure, they would not be completely surprised by how different the playstyle in vet campaign is compared to kyne. Anyone that quits because they get destroyed, don't belong in PvP

    [Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 9:07PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I disagree with the concept of placing forcing all lower level players to play with/against vet players - leave Kyne alone in that regard.

    What I do agree with are the sentiments about people who refuse to leave Kyne. They delete characters and create new ones just so they can stay in Kyne and enjoy beating up on noobs.

    Mind you, I think that all PVP campaigns have their fair share of mindless thugs whose only interest is beating up lesser players time, after time, after time, after time - tedious as that may sound to normal people.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    New* players don’t exist in a growing rate the game is at a mature part of its lifecycle don’t get it twisted.

    Your issue is that u highlight two entirely different problems (gear in kyne and small population in kyne and sotha) but you fail to understand the root of those problems and u proposed a "solution" that solves temporarily one at the expense of the other (population at the expense of new players getting murdered in sotha and vivec) which in the longterm wont work because no new players will get into PVP when they get murdered by everyone and so the population will go down again. Your solution makes things 100 times worse because again, you dont understand the root of those problems.

    No. The problem is ZOS allows new players to enter cp-enabled campaigns where they will be discouraged because they get absolutely murdered by veteran players. I've seen many new players complain about unfairness but when i asked them what campaign they play in, it's vivec. Cp is the reason there is a massive difference between new and vet players. A player below 50 can do just fine in a no-cp campaign if he has gold gear and enough passives. In fact, Battle Spirit gives low players a lot of advantage in a no-cp campaign. Not the case for cp campaigns though.

    Im not even sure about what you are saying. I am literally the one who is against sending new players to sotha and vivec. Doesnt matter if its sotha or vivec. They will still get murdered because of how scaling works and because they are new to PVP. No new player has access to gold gear. They have no clue what gold gear even is or how scaling even works for that matter. Gear should not be a factor in kyne or not as big of a factor. Leave theorycrafting, gear or whatever to be a thing for vet campaigns.

    I'm saying ZOS needs to make Vivec and Shor only accessible to cp160+ players. Battle spirit gives low level players an advantage. The only difference between Sotha and Kyne is there's gold gear and min/max-ing in Sotha

    For starters making vivec and shor accessible to cp160+ is an entirely different discussion and i unserstand what u are trying to do but you are wrong. CP is unrelated to the gear. Someone with CP 10 gear will get his butt kicked by someone with CP160 gear. Doesnt matter if they have CP enabled or not. Anw like i said this is an entirely different discussion.

    What we are discussing is whether sotha and kyne should be merged. I still dont understand what you are trying to say. I said they should not be merged cause you merging them means sending new players to get slaughtered. And judging by what u said that there is gold gear and min/maxing in Sotha then u are also against the idea of merging them. So if u are against, why are u even arguing when u are basically telling the exact same thing and u dont say those things to the person who wants to see the campaigns merged?

    Sure someone with cp 10 gear will get destroyed by cp160 gear, but only if both of them are at cp160. Gear scales with level so the only deciding factor left is cp and passives. No, i'm not against merging. PvP in this game isn't some rocket science. A couple days of PvP and any newbies can understand how cyrodill works, given that they get enough information from more experienced players. If kyne was a completely noob-friendly zone then they will get shredded regardless when they enter vet campaigns. Sotha is the perfect place to give them that competitive exposure.

    Do you even know how scaling works? The whole [snip] reason why new players get murdered by those "griefers" in kyne is because those "griefers" actually have good gear which is crafted for the most part and those new players are playing with trash outdated gear. And you want to send those new players with trash outdated gear to vet campaigns so that they get murdered by 100 worse builds with monster sets etc and ball groups that will roll over them as if they were PVE mobs. Do you even listen to urself?

    yes. a cp160 wearing cp 160 gear will get the same stat bonus as a cp 10 wearing cp10 gear. that's what i was talking about. Gear is not hard to get since low level gear doesnt cost a lot to craft. Most people craft them for free. the only part that costs is golding out weapons. And what's your point? Eventually they will level to 50 and will be forced to play in vet campaigns where they will get trashed on by those ball groups. The only difference is if they got the early exposure, they would not be completely surprised by how different the playstyle in vet campaign is compared to kyne. Anyone that quits because they get destroyed, don't belong in PvP

    A new player wont be able to get purple gear with good sets every 5 lvls just for the sake of being "competitive". They have no damn clue what scaling even is. A new player's most valuable possession may very well be the titanborn signet from the main story.

    No, the only difference when ur first impression is die-> respawn-> repeat, is to quit and never step foot into cyro again. Save ur "never quit" speeches for real life. This is a video game. People play it to have fun. Not because its their life's ultimate goal to become ESO PVP pro athletes. If they dont find PVP fun, they wont [snip] PVP. Period. And no one finds horse simulator fun. They will just get out of PVP and come here on the forums and whine why they need to PVP to get vigor.

    According to you, there shouldnt be any normal mode dungeons and trials. Yeah. Send those lvl 10s in vMoL because thats going to make them better. Let them play with the big boys. Rakkhat is going to turn those soft soulless lizards into monsters who will then go and punch Molag Bal in the face to get their souls back. People who quit, have no place in this game.

    [Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 9:07PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    If 90% of people in Kyne quit but 10% moves to shor sotha or vivec, it would be a win in my book.

    90% of people in kyne already quit genius. And its one of the reasons why sotha and vivec populations are going down.

    The great thing about percentages is to me if there is people in Kyne there’s 100% of those people not currently in sotha :) genius. Pops going down cause pvp is dying in general so merge all those servers and watch it burn

    There is no great thing about percentages or numbers to you cause its clear that u have no clue what they mean and how to use them.

    And when u bring those few people left in kyne to sotha/vivec, they will get murdered over and over again till they quit and ur population will go down again. Only this time, u wont even have kyne for new players. You just need common sense to realise how stupid ur idea is but im not surprised that you dont get it. Common sense doesnt seem to be common for you.

    And one of the main reasons why pvp is dying in general is because of people like you with the dumb mentality of stack to crown. Go back to ur blob group. You are not needed here.

    You started this thread to "protect" the newbs from the griefers that abuse them in kyne but right now you just sound like one of those griefers that want to abuse new players. Keep ur ideas for urself. Its clear that u have no clue about what u are talking about.

    Did you just tell @A_G_G_R_O , the GM of a well-known small scale guild in NA, to go back to his "blob group"? What's up with the hostility?

    Funny, I'm PC/NA and PvP..... Never heard of them....:)
    Not that well known I guess.
    As to the OP.....Just No.....

    They're well-known in shor and No-CP.

    Judging by this comment
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Actually there is something preventing small scalers from coming back, there is no population in the campaign.

    I highly doubt that he even knows what small scale is and how it works. Let alone being well known for it.

    Well known when sotha was still alive. And you know small scale?

    He said we dont need to educate people to stack on crown. The stupid stack on crown mentality has nothing to do with small scale. To do solo/small scale people most certainly need to be educated. The whole [snip] point of solo/small scale is to outplay ur opponents. A new player cant outplay his opponents because he has no clue about what he is doing. Let alone putting him against people that actually know what they are doing.

    And he said that small scale doesnt exist because of low population as if somehow high population is in the favour of small scale. A comments that is 100% off target.

    I dont know what kind of definition do u have for small scale but playing in ur "8 man small groups" stacking on crown and roll over people by crunching on stupid mechanics isnt considered small scale.

    I am a competent small scaler. I make the argument due to I haven’t seen one competent small scaler learn so in Kyne. I run a guild of elite players that usually doesn’t exceed groups of 4.

    You can’t learn how to play properly in Kyne because you aren’t learnig the full toolkit and the full toolkit of your enemy.

    You can argue otherwise, but you would simply wrong. I’m sorry you think I am running a destro train group in vet campaigns. I don’t.

    But people who come from Kyne uneducated and sick of getting farmed are the first people to put “LFG” in zone chat.

    You are the one who said they dont need to be educated to stack on crown. Now they do?

    You really need to stop posting mate. You are just randomly making posts that make zero sense. You have no argument to make. You came here to complain about "griefers" abusing new players when the truth is that u are just like one of those "griefers" that want see PVP destroyed just for the sake of farming new players.

    Dont worry, ull get what u want in the next AP event. Patience.

    No I am saying the only education they are going to get in Kyne is stack on crown.
    Which they can learn else where and succeed at since its just zerging.
    If they truly want to learn how to solo and small scale on a real level it isn't happening there.

    I'd ask you to stop posting but honestly this forum is the closest you and I will ever get to pvp vs the people hiding in kyne community.

    Geez man. If you really dont like those "fake" PVP players then just create a new character and go expose them in Kyne. That lvl 10 who started playing the game 2 days ago didnt do anything wrong. He doesnt need to go fight against kodi. Let him have fun in kyne.

    [Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 9:07PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    uhuh you been here since 2014 and still in kyne/ blackwater as is the rest of your kyned, makes me sick
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think there are many EP guilds to move from Kyne to sotha. I know of 1 dedicated EP guild in Kyne. Another thing, a lot of ppl, like me, are still learning things about pvp. Builds, classes, skills, etc.

    When I first went in to BWB it's was an under 50 Cp server. If that didn't make a new player quit then they were gonna stay in pvp regardless. So, kyne has no cp now, so it is friendlier to new players than BWB was and ppl are cool there.
    I have had ppl, after smashing me explain their builds to me and how the used them.

    How many l33t players in vivec or another vet server will do that? Not many, most likely. Why, cause I'm a noob to them and they don't care. Unlike in kyne where I'm more than happy to tell you what gear I'm using or to help out a new player on any faction because that's how I was treated.

    If pvp pop is not growing it because of *** bags that treat new players like crap. Or because of crappy pvp habits that happen in vet servers.
    Edited by MajBludd on December 6, 2017 3:51AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    uhuh you been here since 2014 and still in kyne/ blackwater as is the rest of your kyned, makes me sick

    Newsflash. No one gives a [snip] if u like them or not.

    [Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 7:26PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's it's starting to sound like is, the server Aggro plays on is dead and he doesn't want to move to vivec. So, he wants to combine a new player friendly server with sotha to accommodate his or her needs of not having to move to the most populated server.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    What's it's starting to sound like is, the server Aggro plays on is dead and he doesn't want to move to vivec. So, he wants to combine a new player friendly server with sotha to accommodate his or her needs of not having to move to the most populated server.
    Maybe he doesn't wanna move to Vivec because he prefers the non-cp campaign? Sotha is for real men and women. You don't have CPs to help you win or survive fights. BGs was fun too when it was non-cp.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    What's it's starting to sound like is, the server Aggro plays on is dead and he doesn't want to move to vivec. So, he wants to combine a new player friendly server with sotha to accommodate his or her needs of not having to move to the most populated server.

    Nah I play in cp, I’m just trying to stir up you vet roaches hiding under the rock that is kyne with the idea of a life where ZoS rolls that rock over and I can purify you with my biting jabs.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    What's it's starting to sound like is, the server Aggro plays on is dead and he doesn't want to move to vivec. So, he wants to combine a new player friendly server with sotha to accommodate his or her needs of not having to move to the most populated server.
    Maybe he doesn't wanna move to Vivec because he prefers the non-cp campaign? Sotha is for real men and women. You don't have CPs to help you win or survive fights. BGs was fun too when it was non-cp.

    I played non cp for a long time I agree, sadly on pc NA there is only Vivec and I don’t mind cp at all but I do mind terrible server performance.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it as it is... because actually, I used to love Kyne... I'm a capped CP player, but I never PVP'd ... I jumped in to the old Azura's Star (when it was the big campaign) when I started ... I got muderated... All I learned was that I was bad at PVP and never really had the chance to improve because my fights lasted all of 2 hits...

    That was highly discouraging.

    So... I started a new toon, determined to learn the art of PVP. Jumped in to Blackwater Blade (with my wife too who wanted to be better at PVP). Found that I wasn't awful... I was just another noob. Managed to get into much longer battles, with small skirmishes. No longer discouraged, my wife and I stayed for a long time until we ventured out to Vivec campaign... or "Adult PVP" as we have since renamed it to ourselves.

    The griefers are few and far between ... and we always put a new toons through Kyne now to level. It's a nice change of pace from the frantic zerging of Vivec.

    Leave it as is... griefers be everywhere anyways.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think it's a pretty good idea
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your faction zergs DC and EP regularly, why don't you take your guild to EP or DC and fight against the zergers? I've seen several groups do this to try to give balance to lower populated factions.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    If your faction zergs DC and EP regularly, why don't you take your guild to EP or DC and fight against the zergers? I've seen several groups do this to try to give balance to lower populated factions.

    Why don’t people stop hiding in kyne.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    A new player wont be able to get purple gear with good sets every 5 lvls just for the sake of being "competitive". They have no damn clue what scaling even is. A new player's most valuable possession may very well be the titanborn signet from the main story.

    And you think playing against high level players won't help them learn?
    pieratsos wrote: »
    According to you, there shouldnt be any normal mode dungeons and trials. Yeah. Send those lvl 10s in vMoL because thats going to make them better. Let them play with the big boys. Rakkhat is going to turn those soft soulless lizards into monsters who will then go and punch Molag Bal in the face to get their souls back. People who quit, have no place in this game.

    Your reasoning is flawed. You're fighting real players in PvP that are unpredictable, not NPCs that have the same mechanics but more health and dmg in hard mode. You can spend time practicing runs in a normal trial and do well in a vet one if you know the mechanics, but PvP doesn't work that way. The only way to improve is by fighting better players. If people don't want to learn, then that's their problem.

    Edited by StaticWave on December 6, 2017 4:07PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been trying to do pvp in cyrodiil for awhile. I had always tried kyne, but it was always dead. Especially the AD. I was always just bored.
    Tried Sotha yesterday and I actually got to see how to siege a keep. Thank god for shadowcloak though because there was no way I was going to kill anyone there as a level 23.
    Unfortunately there was an error and the game crashed.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Your reasoning is flawed. You're fighting real players in PvP that are unpredictable, not NPCs that have the same mechanics but more health and dmg in hard mode. You can spend time practicing runs in a normal trial and do well in a vet one if you know the mechanics, but PvP doesn't work that way. The only way to improve is by fighting better players. If people don't want to learn, then that's their problem.

    What pvp lesson do they learn extra by being farmed at the gate by the elite players on sotha than they do already by being farmed by better players than them on Kyne?

    Edited by esotoon on December 6, 2017 4:39PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just sounds like your faction has run most players out of the sotha because of their population advantage. They killed the server and now pvp is dead in there.

    A lot of the better guilds and players from kyne have left to vet servers as many have stated. Pvp pop is on the decline because it's the same ground hog day experience over and over. Nothing new to retain people or bring new people in.

    Bringing a lvl 10 player, who has never been in pvp, into sotha where they'll get killed to procs alone will discourage them from coming back. So, your server is dead, because your faction killed it. Now you are mad because there is nobody left to play against.

    So, move to vivec or another faction to balance things out. Bringing in new players or less experienced pvpers for you to destroy repeatedly doesn't fix anything.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    And you think playing against high level players won't help them learn?

    No, they wont learn anything. You are talking about new players that doesnt know jack [snip] about the game. They need to learn the basics first and actually fight. Putting them on the ground every 2 seconds before they swing their sword doesnt help them learn anything. They will just quit because thats not fun.
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Your reasoning is flawed. You're fighting real players in PvP that are unpredictable, not NPCs that have the same mechanics but more health and dmg in hard mode. You can spend time practicing runs in a normal trial and do well in a vet one if you know the mechanics, but PvP doesn't work that way. The only way to improve is by fighting better players. If people don't want to learn, then that's their problem.

    No, my reasoning is not flawed. Its just that you have no clue about what u are talking about. Go for a normal maelstrom run and then do it in vet. And then come back tell me that normal will help u learn.
    Normal is so braindead easy that u can just ignore the mechanics in the first place. And when i say ignore i dont mean skip them. I mean actually let them happen. They wont do jack [snip]. You wont even realise that this was a mechanic that u were supposed to avoid. Hell, ive done hundreds of normal trial runs and i still have no clue about most of the mechanics. All you have to do in normal is just "burn the boss mate".

    [Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 7:26PM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    And you think playing against high level players won't help them learn?

    No, they wont learn anything. You are talking about new players that doesnt know jack [snip] about the game. They need to learn the basics first and actually fight. Putting them on the ground every 2 seconds before they swing their sword doesnt help them learn anything. They will just quit because thats not fun.
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Your reasoning is flawed. You're fighting real players in PvP that are unpredictable, not NPCs that have the same mechanics but more health and dmg in hard mode. You can spend time practicing runs in a normal trial and do well in a vet one if you know the mechanics, but PvP doesn't work that way. The only way to improve is by fighting better players. If people don't want to learn, then that's their problem.

    No, my reasoning is not flawed. Its just that you have no clue about what u are talking about. Go for a normal maelstrom run and then do it in vet. And then come back tell me that normal will help u learn.
    Normal is so braindead easy that u can just ignore the mechanics in the first place. And when i say ignore i dont mean skip them. I mean actually let them happen. They wont do jack [snip]. You wont even realise that this was a mechanic that u were supposed to avoid. Hell, ive done hundreds of normal trial runs and i still have no clue about most of the mechanics. All you have to do in normal is just "burn the boss mate".

    And a new player playing with a bunch of newbs will help him improve right? Not really. Learning in this game can be done more efficiently through youtube vids and other means.

    I never did a normal maelstrom run. I finished vet though. They still have the same mechanics, just less health and dmg in normal. But thanks for proving my point. You won’t learn by fighting easy battles.

    [Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 7:26PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    And you think playing against high level players won't help them learn?

    No, they wont learn anything. You are talking about new players that doesnt know jack sh*t about the game. They need to learn the basics first and actually fight. Putting them on the ground every 2 seconds before they swing their sword doesnt help them learn anything. They will just quit because thats not fun.
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Your reasoning is flawed. You're fighting real players in PvP that are unpredictable, not NPCs that have the same mechanics but more health and dmg in hard mode. You can spend time practicing runs in a normal trial and do well in a vet one if you know the mechanics, but PvP doesn't work that way. The only way to improve is by fighting better players. If people don't want to learn, then that's their problem.

    No, my reasoning is not flawed. Its just that you have no clue about what u are talking about. Go for a normal maelstrom run and then do it in vet. And then come back tell me that normal will help u learn.
    Normal is so braindead easy that u can just ignore the mechanics in the first place. And when i say ignore i dont mean skip them. I mean actually let them happen. They wont do jack sh*t. You wont even realise that this was a mechanic that u were supposed to avoid. Hell, ive done hundreds of normal trial runs and i still have no clue about most of the mechanics. All you have to do in normal is just "burn the boss mate".

    And a new player playing with a bunch of newbs will help him improve right? Not really. Learning in this game can be done more efficiently through youtube vids and other means.

    I never did a normal maelstrom run. I finished vet though. They still have the same mechanics, just less health and dmg in normal. But thanks for proving my point. You won’t learn by fighting easy battles.

    Help improve does not mean become 1vX monster genius. A lvl 10 who has no clue about what he is doing wont learn anything by fighting kodi. The only thing he is going to learn is how to respawn to the nearest keep.

    Proving ur point? Do you even listen to urself? Go do normal maelstrom first and then come back and tell me that u learn the mechanics. You can literally let almost every single mechanic hit you and it wont matter. So according to you dungeons and trials shouldnt have normal mode. Send everyone to vMOL. Rakkhat is going to take care of them.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    What pvp lesson do they learn extra by being farmed at the gate by the elite players on sotha than they do already by being farmed by better players than them on Kyne?

    No elite players would gate camp. You’re referring to pugs or certain zerg guilds.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 6, 2017 6:18PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    And you think playing against high level players won't help them learn?

    No, they wont learn anything. You are talking about new players that doesnt know jack sh*t about the game. They need to learn the basics first and actually fight. Putting them on the ground every 2 seconds before they swing their sword doesnt help them learn anything. They will just quit because thats not fun.
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Your reasoning is flawed. You're fighting real players in PvP that are unpredictable, not NPCs that have the same mechanics but more health and dmg in hard mode. You can spend time practicing runs in a normal trial and do well in a vet one if you know the mechanics, but PvP doesn't work that way. The only way to improve is by fighting better players. If people don't want to learn, then that's their problem.

    No, my reasoning is not flawed. Its just that you have no clue about what u are talking about. Go for a normal maelstrom run and then do it in vet. And then come back tell me that normal will help u learn.
    Normal is so braindead easy that u can just ignore the mechanics in the first place. And when i say ignore i dont mean skip them. I mean actually let them happen. They wont do jack sh*t. You wont even realise that this was a mechanic that u were supposed to avoid. Hell, ive done hundreds of normal trial runs and i still have no clue about most of the mechanics. All you have to do in normal is just "burn the boss mate".

    And a new player playing with a bunch of newbs will help him improve right? Not really. Learning in this game can be done more efficiently through youtube vids and other means.

    I never did a normal maelstrom run. I finished vet though. They still have the same mechanics, just less health and dmg in normal. But thanks for proving my point. You won’t learn by fighting easy battles.

    Help improve does not mean become 1vX monster genius. A lvl 10 who has no clue about what he is doing wont learn anything by fighting kodi. The only thing he is going to learn is how to respawn to the nearest keep.

    Proving ur point? Do you even listen to urself? Go do normal maelstrom first and then come back and tell me that u learn the mechanics. You can literally let almost every single mechanic hit you and it wont matter. So according to you dungeons and trials shouldnt have normal mode. Send everyone to vMOL. Rakkhat is going to take care of them.

    He will improve faster than he would playing against newbs. There’s a thing called asking for advice from better players.

    My point is in PvP you learn more by fighting more experienced players. In PvE if your gear is not strong enough you can still learn from normal dungeon runs because the mechanics are very similar. PvP is more dynamic and there’s no fixed mehanics for each person you fight.

    And discussing this topic with you is like talking to some angry fker. Your way of getting your point across is very inefficient. Nobody’s got the time to deal with your aggressive behavior.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 6, 2017 6:28PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Just sounds like your faction has run most players out of the sotha because of their population advantage. They killed the server and now pvp is dead in there.

    A lot of the better guilds and players from kyne have left to vet servers as many have stated. Pvp pop is on the decline because it's the same ground hog day experience over and over. Nothing new to retain people or bring new people in.

    Bringing a lvl 10 player, who has never been in pvp, into sotha where they'll get killed to procs alone will discourage them from coming back. So, your server is dead, because your faction killed it. Now you are mad because there is nobody left to play against.

    So, move to vivec or another faction to balance things out. Bringing in new players or less experienced pvpers for you to destroy repeatedly doesn't fix anything.

    Procs became irrelevant 2 patches ago. You’re a little late on that matter.

    We honestly don’t care if Sotha has no players on since we can just switch to vivec or shor, which we have been doing for the past few months. If there’s no one else to fight or the lag is too bad, we either log off, go duel in storm haven, or do a few bgs. It won’t affect us at all.

    If Sotha pop wasn’t dead, this thread wouldn’t exist.
    Platform:
    PC NA

    Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    And you think playing against high level players won't help them learn?

    No, they wont learn anything. You are talking about new players that doesnt know jack sh*t about the game. They need to learn the basics first and actually fight. Putting them on the ground every 2 seconds before they swing their sword doesnt help them learn anything. They will just quit because thats not fun.
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Your reasoning is flawed. You're fighting real players in PvP that are unpredictable, not NPCs that have the same mechanics but more health and dmg in hard mode. You can spend time practicing runs in a normal trial and do well in a vet one if you know the mechanics, but PvP doesn't work that way. The only way to improve is by fighting better players. If people don't want to learn, then that's their problem.

    No, my reasoning is not flawed. Its just that you have no clue about what u are talking about. Go for a normal maelstrom run and then do it in vet. And then come back tell me that normal will help u learn.
    Normal is so braindead easy that u can just ignore the mechanics in the first place. And when i say ignore i dont mean skip them. I mean actually let them happen. They wont do jack sh*t. You wont even realise that this was a mechanic that u were supposed to avoid. Hell, ive done hundreds of normal trial runs and i still have no clue about most of the mechanics. All you have to do in normal is just "burn the boss mate".

    And a new player playing with a bunch of newbs will help him improve right? Not really. Learning in this game can be done more efficiently through youtube vids and other means.

    I never did a normal maelstrom run. I finished vet though. They still have the same mechanics, just less health and dmg in normal. But thanks for proving my point. You won’t learn by fighting easy battles.

    Help improve does not mean become 1vX monster genius. A lvl 10 who has no clue about what he is doing wont learn anything by fighting kodi. The only thing he is going to learn is how to respawn to the nearest keep.

    Proving ur point? Do you even listen to urself? Go do normal maelstrom first and then come back and tell me that u learn the mechanics. You can literally let almost every single mechanic hit you and it wont matter. So according to you dungeons and trials shouldnt have normal mode. Send everyone to vMOL. Rakkhat is going to take care of them.

    He will improve faster than he would playing against newbs. There’s a thing called asking for advice from better players.

    My point is in PvP you learn more by fighting more experienced players. In PvE if your gear is not strong enough you can still learn from normal dungeon runs because the mechanics are very similar. PvP is more dynamic and there’s no fixed mehanics for each person you fight.

    And discussing this topic with you is like talking to some angry fker. Your way of getting your point across is very inefficient. Nobody’s got the time to deal with your aggressive behavior.

    Yes you do learn by playing in more difficult situations. But there is still a thing called learning curve genius. You dont just throw soldiers to war before they learn how to shoot. We cant make it more simple for you to understand. You are wrong, get over it.

    If you want to mentor people with ur "never quit" speeches and turn them into PVP monsters then go find a guy and do it. There are people who bought the game to have fun and they dont give a [snip] about ur personal beliefs of what makes someone good or not. They just want to have fun. Dying over and over again without having a clue how u even die is not fun. They dont need to do it and they dont want to do it. So stop asking them to do it. Period.

    And dont talk to me about aggressive behaviour and [snip]. You've been repeating urself like a broken record, almost everyone disagree with you and u want to send every new player in the game to get slaughtered because of some weird twisted bs idea that you have in ur mind as if everyone want to be like you. Did you even bother to ask urself if people actually care about being good? Some of them just want to have fun. So before u talk about aggressive behaviours how about u lose that stupid mentality of superiority and stop asking people to do things they dont like just because u like them or dictating who has a place in this game and who doesnt.

    [Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 7, 2017 7:27PM
Sign In or Register to comment.