The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Soul Assault needs counterplay

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    @Sharee Those arent counters, those are build killers. They do not promote fun or skillful pvp. A person playing optimally and using those sets/skills to counter someone will kill them every time..

A "build killer" against you can only exist if you build your character with a vulnerability. That is a conscious decision on your part, and if such a "build killer" kills you, you have noone to blame but yourself.

You made the decision to minmax your stamina/magicka for maximum damage output so you don't have enough magicka to use mistform. There's nothing wrong with that, you just have to accept the bad with the good.

What you are doing here right now is making your character into a rock on purpose so you can kill scissors, and then complaining that paper exists.
    So what excuse you going to make on a build that builds high magic regen and max magica still have high stam stam recovery and weapon damage.With my max magic and magic recovery i can't effectively use Mist form no stam build can.You keep saying people have to compromise but the player Using SA doesn't have to compromise at all no heavy build most magic build never have to compromise so why do Meduim build the only build in the game who have risk and compromise?

As i wrote a couple of posts up, the balance between magicka and stamina builds is an entirely different (and much more complicated) topic. I am simply sticking to the topic of this thread - that being the interaction between soul assault and medium armor.
    Which doesnt change the fact that you counter can't be done because no build has the magic to realistically use it because they need their other utilities.

No, you don't need those other utilities...you just want them.

And you are not willing to try anything outside of your comfort zone however, so you are stuck...

False again which isn't surpising coming from you.So you telling me a Stamblade doesnt need Fear?Since when its their only CC outside of ultimate.A NB doesnt need cloak either now I guess.A Stamplar don't need purge or a stam sorc streak and dark deal.Dude be quite you just sound foolish now.

You would think that since your mind cant think outside of the parameters for character building that others have set forth for you...

You are incapable of thinking and character building on your own; you need a blue print from others...

So its not surprising that your thought process on the issue of Soul Assault is so narrow...

Elusive Mist is a viable counter for SA...period.

Even with your base Magicka you would have enough Magicka to cast it if being attacked with SA...

Elusive Mist covers your complaints about not being able to LoS SA...

Elusive Mist covers your complaint about not being able to block SA due to the Stamina lost...

If you want to turn your back to this solution to SA (And lets be clear, Elusive Mist would be great against more than just SA), then that's on you...

But don't cry to the Devs for nerfs to SA when a viable solution for dealing with it has literally been given to you on a silver platter...

The truth unleashed...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    [ The viable counters to SA are facetank, shield and block (with actual block cost reduction since it has 7-8 ticks).

And you can los it.

Last time i checked there is no ability in the game that creates trees and rocks that u can LOS. Cause that is literally the only way LOS would be an actual counter to an ability that applies a 70% snare while u are also blocking. In other terms. Locked in place.

There are trees and rocks and things you can use to los all over Cyrodiil. If you’re not using them, no wonder you are dying. That’s 100% player error.

I said im the one using SA. If u are incapable of reading then just keep ur biased opinion for urself. You conveniently ignored the facts which are 70% snare with blocking keeping u prety much locked in place and that LOS objects can be more than 2 meters away from you and instead resorted to a general bs argument telling people that they are bad because they are dying.

The irony is that this argument never proved anything and in fact, that is the most frequently used argument by people who dont want to see their crutches taken away from them.

What you fail to see is that many people adapt without complaining or making excuses. You call it "crutches" and yet it is you who makes excuses for not using los or engaging in a fight where los is readily available. Rather than asking for a nerf, you could learn to live with Soul Assault as is by adapting or asking for help from those who seem to brush it off. But once again, people don't want to learn. They just want to nerf something so that they have an easier time playing. You say you are promoting skillful game play, but you are just wanting game play to be easier for you.
    Yea it seems like @TheDoomsdayMonster made a second account lol.Why would he LOS when he is the person using SA you want him to break his Own SA??Fr do you even PVP?Serious question because it doesnt sound like it.You know most of your fights you don't decide where you fight its where ever you find a enemy player. Its easy to find the bad players in threads like this.

I have one account and one account only...

The evidence of this is my writing style; it never changes...ever.

Sorry, but I don't do garbage things like you do and pretend to be someone else...
    I pretend to be someone else when?I'm original as the come kid.Hey more insults I hope your parents can teach you how to have a conversation without insulting people young man.

If you don't want to insulted, don't talk out of your tail and say that I've created a 2nd account...

I've never done that...ever...no matter the forum.

I'm me at all times for better or worse...
    Ok kid.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharee Those arent counters, those are build killers. They do not promote fun or skillful pvp. A person playing optimally and using those sets/skills to counter someone will kill them every time..

A "build killer" against you can only exist if you build your character with a vulnerability. That is a conscious decision on your part, and if such a "build killer" kills you, you have noone to blame but yourself.

You made the decision to minmax your stamina/magicka for maximum damage output so you don't have enough magicka to use mistform. There's nothing wrong with that, you just have to accept the bad with the good.

What you are doing here right now is making your character into a rock on purpose so you can kill scissors, and then complaining that paper exists.
    So what excuse you going to make on a build that builds high magic regen and max magica still have high stam stam recovery and weapon damage.With my max magic and magic recovery i can't effectively use Mist form no stam build can.You keep saying people have to compromise but the player Using SA doesn't have to compromise at all no heavy build most magic build never have to compromise so why do Meduim build the only build in the game who have risk and compromise?

As i wrote a couple of posts up, the balance between magicka and stamina builds is an entirely different (and much more complicated) topic. I am simply sticking to the topic of this thread - that being the interaction between soul assault and medium armor.
    Which doesnt change the fact that you counter can't be done because no build has the magic to realistically use it because they need their other utilities.

And you are not willing to try anything outside of your comfort zone however, so you are stuck...

False again which isn't surpising coming from you.So you telling me a Stamblade doesnt need Fear?Since when its their only CC outside of ultimate.A NB doesnt need cloak either now I guess.A Stamplar don't need purge or a stam sorc streak and dark deal.Dude be quite you just sound foolish now.

You would think that since your mind cant think outside of the parameters for character building that others have set forth for you...

You are incapable of thinking and character building on your own; you need a blue print from others...

So its not surprising that your thought process on the issue of Soul Assault is so narrow...

Even with your base Magicka you would have enough Magicka to cast it if being attacked with SA...

Elusive Mist covers your complaint about not being able to block SA due to the Stamina lost...

If you want to turn your back to this solution to SA (And lets be clear, Elusive Mist would be great against more than just SA), then that's on you...

But don't cry to the Devs for nerfs to SA when a viable solution for dealing with it has literally been given to you on a silver platter...

The truth unleashed...
    Again this show that you don't know what your talking about at all which is just sad.

The fact you don't play Meduim build at all or the realistic stats and need of magic in every stam build shows and again prove you dont know what your talking about.
    Edited by KingJ on November 24, 2017 2:32AM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To re-trace this to a more constructive discussion:
    What counter to SA do you suggest?
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Just make it interruptable and maybe remove the snares but I hate all the got damn snares in this game which ik we both agree with to many damn snares.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make it interruptable and maybe remove the snares but I hate all the got damn snares in this game which ik we both agree with to many damn snares.

It's an ultimate. No Ultimates are interruptable.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a channel Similar to Radiant which is why Radiant is interruptable.All channels are interruptable in the game.No other ultimate is interruptable because their not channels.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its a channel Similar to Radiant which is why Radiant is interruptable.All channels are interruptable in the game.No other ultimate is interruptable because their not channels.

Radiant is a skill, not an ultimate. And being a channel has nothing to do with it. All Ultimates are uninterruptable and undodgeable.
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

The thing with it being interruptable is that this won't help you in zerg fights.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

The thing with it being interruptable is that this won't help you in zerg fights.

Inaddition to this, the smart players will simply use an immovable pot before blasting away on their target...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Radiant is a skill, not an ultimate. And being a channel has nothing to do with it. All Ultimates are uninterruptable and undodgeable.
    Again false all Magic Ultimates are undodgeable stam on the other hand only Leap Crescant sweeps Dawnbreaker is dodgeable and maybe the bow don't remember I only use the bow ultimate in PVE.Incap and DW ultmates are dodgeable.

Actually with it being a channel have everything to do with it all channels are interruptible except for SA.Its the only channel ultmate unless you count the .2 seconds of EOTS.It should play to the same rules are all other channels just like are AOE are ubdodgeable and Ground AOES go through block.Just because its a ultimate doesn't mean it ignore the rules when every other ulti respects the rules.

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

You know you love Wrobel the snare God lol

If I get zerged down 30v1 I don't care I have no way to escape that that's how the game is but if I'm fighting 1v2,1v3,1v4 where I have a chance of winning I want a chance to counter this ultimate like other other ultimate has counterplay and doesn't drain 17k+ stam.

You can side step Dawnbreaker or block it so you don't get CC but have to deal with the dot no stam drain,EOTS you can CC the target and out run it lucky and stay out of its range. Metoer have a giant circle telling you its coming and you can block it no stam drain still some damage.incap can dodge,Block or just casually be out of its range at times.Counter play.SA gives you a 70% snare giant stam drain,give the target CC immunity and deals really good damage.If I want to play a meduim build I should be f over by this ability and lose most of my stam blocking it or use mist form and not be able to use any of my magic abilities that I need to actually kill someone afterwards.I just want counterplay back into the game.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

Inaddition to this, the smart players will simply use an immovable pot before blasting away on their target...
    Oh so people you use it on will be able to interrupt you.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

I'll be running Devouring Swarm...

My mine enemies will die horribly...bitten to death...by my Vampiric minions.

"Go forth and feed my pets..."

;,,,;
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 24, 2017 5:55AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

I'll be running Devouring Swarm...

My mine enemies will die horribly...bitten to death...by my Vampiric minions.

"Go forth and feed my pets..."

;,,,;
    Sure ...
    Options
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Cc immune targets can be interrupted.
    I request the disqualification of @TheDoomsdayMonster from this conversation.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please point out me saying that CC immune targets cannot be interrupted...

Go ahead...I'll wait.

Edit: I request that @Ultimate_Overlord be disqualified from this conversation on the grounds of reading comprehension issues...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 24, 2017 6:44AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go ahead...I'll wait.

Edit: I request that @Ultimate_Overlord be disqualified from this conversation on the grounds of reading comprehension issues...

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

@TheDoomsdayMonster here you go You applied that someone who use a immovable pot can't be interrupted.Otherwise your statement makes no sense.Its a common misconception so I understand why you thought that.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go ahead...I'll wait.

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

@TheDoomsdayMonster here you go You applied that someone who use a immovable pot can't be interrupted.Otherwise your statement makes no sense.Its a common misconception so I understand why you thought that.

Let me clarify myself...

I meant it as regards to being interrupted with a CC ability; not a bash...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go ahead...I'll wait.

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

Let me clarify myself...

Now you makes no sense since you will still have CC immunity from SA so why pop a immobile pot?Only abilities like Venom arrow and crushing shock will break SA but a CC like rune cage wouldn't.
    Edited by KingJ on November 24, 2017 6:56AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited/removed
    Edited by Qbiken on November 24, 2017 8:53AM
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go ahead...I'll wait.

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

Let me clarify myself...

Now you makes no sense since you will still have CC immunity from SA so why pop a immobile pot?Only abilities like Venom arrow and crushing shock will break SA but a CC like rune cage wouldn't.

I interpreted you wanting SA to be interruptable as you wanting a SA user to be vulnerable to CC...

Does that make sense to you?
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go ahead...I'll wait.

Oh god, the SNAAAREZ!!!
    (>~<)

Let me clarify myself...

I interpreted you wanting SA to be interruptable as you wanting a SA user to be vulnerable to CC...

Does that make sense to you?
    Yea I could see how you would make that mistake.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The truth unleashed...

Sooo what You're saying is that the best way to counter Soul Assault is to die from Dawnbreaker ? :lol:

That's not the sulution that's just vicious circle that makes You more resistant to one popular ultimate just to be more vulnerable to another even more popular one.
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

The truth unleashed...

Sooo what You're saying is that the best way to counter Soul Assault is to die from Dawnbreaker ? :lol:

That's not the sulution that's just vicious circle that makes You more resistant to one popular ultimate just to be more vulnerable to another even more popular one.

Dawnbreaker...even with Vampiric weakness...is less damaging than Soul Assault.
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

The truth unleashed...

Dawnbreaker...even with Vampiric weakness...is less damaging than Soul Assault.

But it's instant cast , easy to animation cancell , have stong DoT , undodgable stun and can be easy combined to deadly combo hitting much stronger in 2-3 seconds then Soul Assault fully chanelled if You're Vampire.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 24, 2017 7:54AM
    Options
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Being "interrupted" as an ingame term means having your cast time/channeled ability be cancelled by an application of a bash or an interrupt skill. @TheDoomsdayMonster Your implication was wrong.
    @Qbiken You could just say that you disagree and explain why instead of resorting to an implication of a personal insult.
    Edited by Ultimate_Overlord on November 24, 2017 8:29AM
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 70% snare is probably overkill - the ability already does a LOT.

High damage over time that can be comboed along with other things
    Can't be interrupted
    Trying to survive it requires either blocking, which results in a massive stam drain, or dodging in order to try and move despite the snare, and the beam goes through dodge anyway.

Reduce the ticks while maintaining the damage, remove/reduce the snare, or a little of both.

Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being "interrupted" as an ingame term means having your cast time/channeled ability be cancelled by an application of a bash or an interrupt skill. @TheDoomsdayMonster Your implication was wrong.
    @Qbiken You could just say that you disagree and explain why instead of resorting to an implication of a personal insult.

Sure I´ll explain:

Taking in arguments about "skill" is irrelevant since the definition of "skill" are so different from one individual to another. In the end of the day the only thing that matters is if you enjoy the game or not. If someone were to say that "I don´t enjoy Soul-Assault as a skill because it ruins the fun of my playstyle...." I would be 200% cool with that, and it´s legitimately a better argument than X or Y promotes "un-skilful" gameplay. But I haven´t seen that comment yet (or I´ve missed it while reading this post. And I apologize to pieratos for the insult, was stupid of me, and I´ll take it back).

Regarding Soul-Assault, I don´t get why people complain about this so much. OP talks about how Soul-Assault needs counterplay, but at the same time SA is a counterplay against medium armor builds that rely on dodge/dodgeroll as their primary defence. The snare on SA is in my opinion a little too much if anything. But otherwise I rarely have issues with SA, even in medium armor.
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best counterplay to soul assault is high damage on your opponent, but if you are outnumbered you are most likely screwed.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday some idiot tried ganking my stamblade with sa 2x.. ... I killed him 2x and bagged the *** out of that noob->Problem solved plus enough Salt to last me a year :trollface:
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options