The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soul Assault needs counterplay

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
This free win against medium armor nonsense is ridiculous.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block, vigor, rally, LoS, and various class skills. Pick any 1-2 of these counters.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mean counterplay like hold block and press vigor?
    Futurama-Fry.jpg
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Futurama-Fry.jpg

You mean burn all my stam then die since soul assault out DPS's my vigor and Rally? Oh and before the simpleton retorts come in:

25k health, 39k stam, 24k mitigation, 2500 crit resist, 37 elemental defender, 66 Thaurmaturge, and 4200 weapons damage. And yet that move still out DPS's my healing because it's easy to have 100k+ tool tip.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most cheapest `Oh I win button` ever...

Sometimes you might survive with Vigor, and gap closing the maggot and interrupting the thingie then hacking it to pieces.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again the cry babies start on the nerfs.

They never go with "buff this for counter play" its always the tears and the nerf, and zos listens. These are the people who have made ESO pvp a zergging pug fest.

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »

They never go with "buff this for counter play" its always the tears and the nerf, and zos listens. These are the people who have made ESO pvp a zergging pug fest.

Yes I'm such a cry baby because all it requires to win a fight against a medium armor player is to activate your Soul Assault. God forbid we make it so some intelligence is required to be victorious.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You know this is a zergling skill. GL using solo.

OK, so the counters to soul assault are. Hugging a wall, because otherwise if you get caught open field then you need to L2P. Want to get to los? 2bad2sad 70% snare. Healing, like every damage. Blocking, utterly destroying your stam.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Futurama-Fry.jpg

You mean burn all my stam then die since soul assault out DPS's my vigor and Rally? Oh and before the simpleton retorts come in:

25k health, 39k stam, 24k mitigation, 2500 crit resist, 37 elemental defender, 66 Thaurmaturge, and 4200 weapons damage. And yet that move still out DPS's my healing because it's easy to have 100k+ tool tip.

Thaum has no impact on healing
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is one of the premier counters to the cheesy as hell Shuffle/Evasion gameplay...

You don't like Soul Assault? Well I don't like Shuffle...so we are even.

As long as I see a plethora of Shuffle users running around Cyrodiil, I will have Soul Assault ready to go to counter and kill them...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Futurama-Fry.jpg

Thaum has no impact on healing

No, but it does affect mitigation against Soul Assault.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is one of the premier counters to the cheesy as hell Shuffle/Evasion gameplay...

You don't like Soul Assault? Well I don't like Shuffle...so we are even.

As long as I see a plethora of Shuffle users running around Cyrodiil, I will have Soul Assault ready to go to counter and kill them...

Yeah no, not even close to being even. That's like saying "you kicked over my sand castle so I'm going to nuke your country. Now we're even."
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I'm such a cry baby because all it requires to win a fight against a medium armor player is to activate your Soul Assault. God forbid we make it so some intelligence is required to be victorious.

How do you think Magicka builds feel about Shuffle?

Its frustrating as hell gap closing a Shuffle user (and them passively dodging it and its CC), and unloading Puncturing Sweeps on them only to have atleast 2 of the Sweeps fail to connect...

In the mean while, every single attack the Shuffle user uses against you lands flush...

The way I see it, we use Soul Assault to counter the cheesy gameplay Medium Armor users bring to the table...

Afterall, the best way to counter cheese is with cheese of your own...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 11, 2017 5:10AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

You know this is a zergling skill. GL using solo.

OK, so the counters to soul assault are. Hugging a wall, because otherwise if you get caught open field then you need to L2P. Want to get to los? 2bad2sad 70% snare. Healing, like every damage. Blocking, utterly destroying your stam.

Open field can be tough, it is effective there. But in keeps, towers, bgs there is something to get behind with almost every dodge role.

It's literally only effective vs medium users who can't recover from blocking it. It's gotta be good vs something with all the draw backs of issuing this skill.

If you're using a bow, drop your bow ultimate and watch them melt while you block heal. One of my favorite counters personally.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm betting you try to run away from SA. Don't. Then never complain again.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm betting you try to run away from SA. Don't. Then never complain again.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's gotta be good vs something with all the draw backs of issuing this skill.

I 100% agree...

Sometimes if someone is counter attacking you hard enough, you have to break off Soul Assault to survive...

Even though I use it, I don't even like Soul Assault because it leaves you exposed and unable to do anything else but channel the ability...

I personally like Devouring Swarm more as it does damage, heals you, and allows you to take any action you want for its duration; Devouring Swarm + Sweeps can potentially out damage Soul Assault as well...

BUT, I'd be a fool for not recognizing how much more effective Soul Assault is against Shuffle users; especially since my follow up attack during Devouring Swarm (Puncturing Sweeps) is heavily dodged by Shuffle (thereby ruining my damage potential)...

But anyway, I think Soul Assault is fine as is...

As long as there are hordes of players utilizing Shuffle, then there should a blazing Nuke of Death (Soul Assault) to counter them...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 11, 2017 5:47AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never really understood the frustration so many seem to have this ulti. I've never had any issues surviving it, and have always found it to be pretty mediocre at best.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    You know whats funny is that jabs are undodgable, so the reason why your jabs miss is cause you cant even aim your camera lmao
    @Thedoomsdaymonster
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know whats funny is that jabs are undodgable, so the reason why your jabs miss is cause you cant even aim your camera lmao
    @Thedoomsdaymonster

Puncturing Sweeps are undodgable!??

No they are not...

Edit: you got me questioning myself now; they sure dont seem to be undodgable...

Gonna test this out tomorrow to be certain...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 11, 2017 6:45AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thedoomsdaymonster

No they are not...

Edit: you got me questioning myself now; they sure dont seem to be undodgable...

If puncturing sweeps is undodgeable then it’s bugged to hell because it frequently misses all the jabs on a shuffle user.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thedoomsdaymonster

No they are not...

Jabs/Sweeps are an AOE, no AOE abilities are dodgeable, whether by roll dodging or from Evasion buffs like Mirage or Shuffle. If it's dodgeable (which it isn't, at least on PC) it's a bug.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Futurama-Fry.jpg

That's getting into exaggeration. Here's what the tooltip looks like fully buffed if I were to trash my sustain, run 48k mag and spec into maxing soul assault:
    q8JuStU.png
    With continuous attack added on, it might approach 90k. A magden/magblade could probably push it to 100k. But once again, that's giving up a lot of sustain to get there. The tooltips can probably also be upped another 10k by running full dmg glyphs on my jewelry, but then I would to be at 1k regen. The buffed tooltip on my standard balanced build is 68k by contrast, if I were to run it.

The most concise way for me to put it is simply the reason I never run it: meteor & dawnbreaker give better results without leaving me vulnerable for 3.5 sec.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    @Thedoomsdaymonster

No they are not...

If puncturing sweeps is undodgeable then it’s bugged to hell because it frequently misses all the jabs on a shuffle user.

This is EXACTLY what my experience is with Puncturing Sweeps vs Shuffle at present...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thedoomsdaymonster

No they are not...

Jabs/Sweeps are an AOE, no AOE abilities are dodgeable, whether by roll dodging or from Evasion buffs like Mirage or Shuffle. If it's dodgeable (which it isn't, at least on PC) it's a bug.

Then maybe it is bugged, because I am almost certain that Sweeps missing against a Shuffle user is a common occurance...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno on what platform the op is, on EU-PC people pretty much stopped using Soul Assault when CWC dropped. ( For some reason it marked a return of the Jesus Beam spammers too, no idea what these players are trying to achieve with that now nigh useless ability ).
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunno on what platform the op is, on EU-PC people pretty much stopped using Soul Assault when CWC dropped. ( For some reason it marked a return of the Jesus Beam spammers too, no idea what these players are trying to achieve with that now nigh useless ability ).

Because everybody already gave up playing in medium without being NB and those that did not use 1h+s. I guess it is time to buff soul assault again, so we can finally all play tanks
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its frustrating as hell gap closing a Shuffle user (and them passively dodging it and its CC), and unloading Puncturing Sweeps on them only to have atleast 2 of the Sweeps fail to connect...

In the mean while, every single attack the Shuffle user uses against you lands flush...

The way I see it, we use Soul Assault to counter the cheesy gameplay Medium Armor users bring to the table...

Ayyyyy, if you can't aim undodgeable Jabs let's blame Shuffle instead :trollface:

Just buff the bow ultimate dramatically and cause it to drain 17k magicka from any magbuild on top of 60-100k tooltip damage :trollface:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭

This game was designed around huge battles. I would love to start zerging (zerg vs zerg etc) for the sake of winning the campaign - for roleplay reasons. But zos gives us no incentive so it isnt enticing...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, soul assault has ALL the counters in the world.

Aside from Xv1 or as a noob cannon its about as effective as Overload in PvP
    Edited by Beardimus on November 12, 2017 5:37AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ayyyyy, if you can't aim undodgeable Jabs let's blame Shuffle instead :trollface:

Oh I can aim quite well; Sweeps just aren't landing reliably against Shuffle users and I'm not the only one here seeing this...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 11, 2017 12:47PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC