The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    What gets me is this of course most of us is mad you guys put all your attention on the crown store and dlc’s when you are missing the actual problem with the game load screens glitches bugs technical things if you guys cannot fix that then clearly load screens going to take you guys longer then two weeks the game stage that it is in now is at it’s lowest it has ever been and the fact you guys thinking oh let’s come out with a double drop for wrothgar for maelstrom arena for everyone could get there mind off it quit it dude 85% of eso players are PvP players when you see people stream what do you see everyone streaming PvP and stragglers streaming dungeons you guys need to start handing stuff out to these players that play the game that spent so much money on those housing and eso plus memberships cause this is ridiculous pretty sure xbox and playstation players are already done with the game after this.

They are trying to fix it. Nobody is ignoring it. They even made a thread about it. The Orsinium event is annual, I'm sure it was planned already anyway. You try being a software developer. Sometimes you fix one things and you break 10 more. It's part of the process. I can think of crazy things that we put up with in the past, that eventually got fixed. I even remember one patch where you could only go to the bank one time before having to reset that character. That was fun.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    System
    Xbox One X (on 4k tv)
    Elite controller
    External HD (ESO not installed on this)
    Installed on internal HD from original release disc + morrowind ce digital download

PVP
    I seem to get one death res(cam or keep)/fast travel per game quit then the second one will be a LLS.

PVE
    When traveling to a player in mazzatun i sometimes get a LLS how ever because the load screen does not fill the screen i can see the dungeon has loaded behind it and i can also run around and engage with mobs.

Other bug since update that may or may not be related to the LLS issue:
    When joining a group ether via group finder or adding people from guild chat when we get try and change back to "Guild chat X" it then removes that from the list of chats.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Humperdoo
    Humperdoo
    ✭✭✭
    One of the things they found is it seems like there may be an issue with some textures failing to load

u mean the thing ppl hav reported since 4ever.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ETA when first fixes will be implemented to console players?

They gaming experience is near unplayable status atm. Did some PvP last night and well... it was awful.

The lack of players in PvP and guld members online is noticeable too.

• illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One: EU
    Xbox internal hard drive

Xbox One (NA)
    Xbox internal hard drive

Fix: Quit the game and relog in. In ref: to pvp, I usually come in at the pve spot where I joined the campaign, When re-entering the campaign I end up at the destination where I was trying to get to in the first place. (So i am bypassing the two camps in Cyrodiil)
  • Ranger74z
    Ranger74z
    ✭✭✭
    First, let me say things are WAY better with the latest update addressing some performance issues.
    Way to go!

Platform: Xbox One
    Mode: PvE
    Workaround: Avoid Big Cities, keep questing! :)
    Specific Cities: Mournhold, Shornhelm, others probably apply.

Just thought I'd respond real quick and let you in on my personal issue. First, I don't PvP. It's just not my cup of tea.

However, whenever I just "hang out" in most of the larger cities, eventually I get a spontaneous load screen that simply hangs forever. The only way to solve the problem is to shutdown the game, and login again. I'm not really grouping when this happens, and I don't know how that affects things. I stumbled upon this problem first playing, but then wanting to visit various cities' taverns in the hopes of finding any quests I'd missed. Now I have to wait...I'm too wary of crashing.

From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure this is a server-side problem...as all I'm doing is walking around and BOOM! load screen.

Please keep up the good work in tracking this issue, hopefully a patch will be coming soon.

Regards,

Ranger

P.S. There are some major cities where this doesn't happen, but the one thing I've noticed is that there aren't many others around then. Any city with a major population...BOOM! load screen
  • Ranger74z
    Ranger74z
    ✭✭✭
    More Debug Info:

Megaserver: North America Xbox
    Xbox Model: Original Xbox One
    ESO Location: External Hard Drive (for speed)
    ESO Location SSD: No. Western Digital External Hard Drive

Thanks!
  • rockboozehound
    rockboozehound
    Soul Shriven
    100 bucks says the dev and programmers got snared trying to fix this and thats what the real delay is!
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

System
    PC NA
    Intel i7

PVP
    Last night I experienced one death due to LSD (Loading Screen of DEATH)
    Prior to last night I have at least once per night in PVP experienced such a long load screen that I had to kill the app in Task Manager

Further info: I have not experienced issues such as above prior to the Clockwork City update. Thanks!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    Standard PS4. NA server.

Load screens when Resurrecting in Cyrodiil. Also when using the wayshrines. In the evening I'm not able to get online at all until about 10pm cst. I just have load screens and then I'm kicked.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No update? Been a week, KK nevermind, I'll be back in 3 months
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

They've posted updates in this thread every day ...
  • bewing1234
    Gina.... I think what everyone really wants to know is what is Zenimax, Bethesda, ZOS, or whatever other fake shell corporation you guys want to hide behind actually going to do to compensate the players for this colossal screw up on your part? please, give those of us that are barely hanging on to this game a reason to finally quit this garbage.
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here again to update on the issue from my end:-
    Xbox One, no external hard drives.
    -Played fine in Cyrodiil for an hour. Had to revive at a keep, and encountered a long load screen.
    How long? 40 minutes before it kicked me for inactivity. It was timed perfectly with a tweet I posted literally right before the load screen.
    Reviving seems to be an issue that causes long load screens. As well as moving between keeps/gates.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP today in PS4 EU.

Vivec: 0 bars both yellow and reds. There was 1-2 bars blues.
    Short: 0 bars for all alliances

That is NOT healthy. These loading screens are not the only cause for those sad numbers but big nail in the coffin.

You really need to sort this LOADING SCREENS out which are absurd. Once that is done do NOT stop there since you need to start undoing the damage that has been done as well.

Update regarding loading screens. Standard PS4 machine. Loading screens after respawn and 9/10 on fast travel. Encounter these loading screens on Deshaan area as well may 4/10 times.

Jusr sort this out and please keep sorting this out since things needs to be fixed.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 normal
    EU server
    Long load screen in cyrodil. Mainly when those "cheating" reds are on ( spamming certain emotes in zone chat creates lag which in turn creates long load screens according to one red who explained to me what occurs not sure how this works but hey I suppose anything is possible )

Screen freezes on Vet dungeons mainly when using AoE like shards and a high intense number of mobs grouped together while others also spam AoE damage or Heals
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To give everyone an update today, we’ve identified the underlying asset loading issue that is causing the long loading screens and are testing some fixes on our internal servers. We’ll keep everyone updated and let you know when we’re planning to push out the fix for this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Acidlite
    Acidlite
    ✭✭
    Hmmm Battlefront 2 comes out tomorrow. Think I know what Ill be spending my resub money on. We are 9 days into no pvp........this may end up being coffin nails for this game on consoles.

IF this turns out to be texturing issues then this has been around for a while. When the 4k support came out, that was the beginning of all of this. It never really went away as I could never really turn on my HDR settings on ps4 PRO and not crash and/or load screen out.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give everyone an update today, we’ve identified the underlying asset loading issue that is causing the long loading screens and are testing some fixes on our internal servers. We’ll keep everyone updated and let you know when we’re planning to push out the fix for this.

Thank you!
    This is great news.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In relation to this, since the Orsinium event
    is active will the event be extended to allow for people who are unable to play at all some leeway because the game is almost unplayable at the moment for a great many players.

• AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad its getting somewhere. Keep us updated :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    Glad its getting somewhere. Keep us updated :)

Also @Acidlite I hope you are aware where you will be re-subbing, EA has got a full out war going on at the moment haha

Excuse the double post ):
    Edited by AnviOfVai on November 16, 2017 9:54PM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• MarvelmyBuddha
    MarvelmyBuddha
    Soul Shriven
    PS4 500GB stock NA server ESOTU Digital Download.
    PS4 PRO 1TB ESOTU Disc 1080p TV

Never ending load screens in Cyrodill when trying to spawn after death or use the transitus system. It's true that if the loading icon is jumpy the load in is quick, however a smooth load screen icon is usually not a good sign.

Similar to the icon, I have also noticed that when the text changes on a load screen it's a good sign, but when the text stays you're likely up for long load time.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a bit of a technical explanation please? I'm very interested what the problem was, and how did it started to appear just now.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent. The first few days were annoying having to force-close on travel or respawn, but now it's just excruciating. I closed the game after only about an hour in PvP last night... I love ESO, but I just can't enjoy it in its current state. I really hope the fix happens very soon - You can feel the population drop every day it continues (and see the frustration building in zone chat). Thanks for the update, and may the patch be both swift and sweet.
    PS4NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Can we get a bit of a technical explanation please? I'm very interested what the problem was, and how did it started to appear just now.

Ooh! Ooh! Me too! Me too!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • sdh91885
    sdh91885
    ✭✭
    Xbox One NA. Experienced long load screens the last couple days particularly in Stormhaven. Today, when porting between the Underground Sepulchre and the Thieves Den, I would see the usual unus0ually long load time and then end up at title screen. Have not been able to load in since.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

You keep saying that in various threads. Please follow through with that and quit trolling the forums. If you had actually read through this post, you would have seen that Gina is updating us constantly.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tech_support.gif

go fix go...

1technical_support_pounding_fist_445455.jpg
    Edited by geonsocal on November 16, 2017 11:51PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Out of curiosity, does this also have anything to do with the "LOD" texture malarkey that happens when you teleport across large distances really quickly? I don't know if it does, but its really annoying and it was really a pain in the neck during the Jester's Festival event.

Kind of tired of entering Cyrodiil, porting from the AD camp to BRK (or Ash), and immediately having blurry LOD texture patches on the ground around the keep. I can only hope its related to these loading screens (but I get the feeling the two aren't entirely related).
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.