The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Dalbaeth
    Dalbaeth
    Xbox one
    Na
    Internal hdd

Freeze and crash to dashboard in the second level of maelstrom
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethoir wrote: »
    To give everyone an update today, we’ve identified the underlying asset loading issue that is causing the long loading screens and are testing some fixes on our internal servers. We’ll keep everyone updated and let you know when we’re planning to push out the fix for this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Out of curiosity, does this also have anything to do with the "LOD" texture malarkey that happens when you teleport across large distances really quickly? I don't know if it does, but its really annoying and it was really a pain in the neck during the Jester's Festival event.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say "no", since there are no loading screens involved.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Chloekins24
    Chloekins24
    Soul Shriven
    Loading screen in Cyrodil activity is wayshrine
    PS4 NA
    Options
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One NA here. Porting/wayshrine will always give infinite loading screens if traveling somewhere else in the zone I'm already in. Porting to another zone however seems to be fine. ReloadUI also causes infinite loading screens.
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on November 17, 2017 12:35AM
    Options
  • rukamich_ESO
    rukamich_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    PS4 (standard)
    Game installed to external drive

My load screens primarily happen in Cyrodiil and Bgs, but occasionally on other maps. I play on both the NA and Euro servers, usually late morning to mid-to-late afternoon (EST), depending on my work schedule.

My partner also plays on XBoxOne S, she has an external hd attached, but can't remember where the game is installed. Usually she has issues in Deshaan, Mournhold and Craglorn.
    Options
  • GodAizen
    GodAizen
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox na
    Im getting infinite load screen in cyrodil, vet trials and just regular zones
    Options
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭

To give everyone an update today, we’ve identified the underlying asset loading issue that is causing the long loading screens and are testing some fixes on our internal servers. We’ll keep everyone updated and let you know when we’re planning to push out the fix for this.

In relation to this, since the Orsinium event
    is active will the event be extended to allow for people who are unable to play at all some leeway because the game is almost unplayable at the moment for a great many players.

I haven't experienced any load screens in PvE, have you? This is a PVP cyrodiil problem.

I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »

In relation to this, since the Orsinium event
    is active will the event be extended to allow for people who are unable to play at all some leeway because the game is almost unplayable at the moment for a great many players.

I haven't experienced any load screens in PvE, have you? This is a PVP cyrodiil problem.

I have experienced infinite load screens in PvE. Had 3 in Wrothgar today in less than 40 minutes. A friend who I was in the party with got 2 in Elden Root within 10 minutes of each other.
    Options
  • ABelle99
    ABelle99
    ✭✭
    Ps4 NA
    1st Party Hard Drive
    I have experienced an infinite load screen 2 times in wrothgar after using a wayshrine, and at least 30 times over the course of 4 hours while attempting to use transit shrines in cyrodiil.
    Options
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox one - NA

it happens to me in pretty much any kind of load screen, battleground death / respawn. Wayshrines zone to zone. Pvp transit or death respawn.

Seriously this has basically killed my PVP guild which is pretty much my only social guild. There should be some kind of gift to the player base, crowns, transmits crystals. Anything, this has been such a big fail of a dlc launch it's extremely disappointing.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina are you able to say if this issue is also one of the reasons PC occasionally has the issues (more so in PvP)?

I know this is mostly an issue on console right now but I'm hoping this is a fix which can go live on all formats and knock one more pesky bug off the list.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:35PM
    Options
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4(reggie), na.

-cyrodiil, battlegrounds.
    Both usually when attempting to respawn
    -AA when you try to teleport from pads.
    -mol, if youre a runner and jump to teleport back into the fight.
    -The world boss on the far right of the clockwork city teleport
    also has a high rate of hanging loading screens both in and out whereas if you warp to a wayshrine to get out of the world boss you are mostly successful. I have not encountered it in pve aside from those instances personally.
    Edited by INHUMANENATION on November 17, 2017 9:13AM
    Options
  • Acidlite
    Acidlite
    ✭✭
    @AnviOfVai , yea i read all that crap last night. I dont sub to EA for anything for those reasons. I meant instead of resubbing to eso I would be buying the base game for something to play. This is actually the first game i have ever paid for a monthly sub. Couple of my guilds are actively looking for another game to transfer the guild into.

I really dont want to see this game die, I have been an avid player since launch.
    Options
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    No SSD, i7 processer.

Although I spend the majority of my time in Cyrodil on Vivec, I have encountered the long load screens everywhere, however this is NOT a new problem as it has been occurring for years. It occurs most often when transiting, especially when reviving from death. There are some days that it is better than others and there are some days that the game is completely unplayable. Often I have to alt F4 to close the game and restart. I will then get the message that the account is still logged in or not a valid internet connection, although I am still connected in discord to my guildmates. Then if I am lucky enough to get back into the game, I have been kicked out of Cyrodil and I have to wait in queue. It is not just me as often my guildmates will be saying that they have the load screen as well. It is very frustrating to be fighting the game more than the enemy players.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping it's not just a band aid fix that only helps the console players. PC has had this issue for almost a year now. I'm glad something is being done, but can't say it fills me with joy how ZOS dealt with this.. leaving a serious issue like this linger on until it blew up in their face.

If only their business intelligence department had metrics on how many people cancelled their sub because of their *** poor handling of serious bugs... maybe then they would apply a bit care regarding breaking issues.

Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Here's hoping it's not just a band aid fix that only helps the console players. PC has had this issue for almost a year now. I'm glad something is being done, but can't say it fills me with joy how ZOS dealt with this.. leaving a serious issue like this linger on until it blew up in their face.

If only their business intelligence department had metrics on how many people cancelled their sub because of their *** poor handling of serious bugs... maybe then they would apply a bit care regarding breaking issues.

But wait, how can this be true? I'm constantly told by people on this message board that all my problems with this game are because I play on console and that if I switched to PC I wouldn't have any issues....

Crazy!
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Turelus wrote: »
    Gina are you able to say if this issue is also one of the reasons PC occasionally has the issues (more so in PvP)?

I know this is mostly an issue on console right now but I'm hoping this is a fix which can go live on all formats and knock one more pesky bug off the list.

From what I understand, PC will be getting these fixes as well.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myself as well as others in my groups have been experiencing long loading screens in cyrodiil , basically all the campaigns ( lately has been in shor though ) they usually tend to happen after a death and when you are rezzing at a keep, or an FC .
    I'm on NA PC ... my processor is an i7-4790k as well as an SSD ... def looking forward to ANY kind of fixes for the loading screens
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on November 17, 2017 3:39PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

From what I understand, PC will be getting these fixes as well.

Will console users have to wait 3-4 weeks after the fix is found for certification?
    Options
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that you mention texture issues... There's a bug that's been affecting me pretty much since launch day, where quite frequently some ground textures would disappear in Cyrodiil, leaving large areas a flat, blurry rectangles. Over the years I've not only changed PC but also video cards and OS versions, so I know the issue isn't with my system (and my current video card has 4 GB of video RAM, so it's not starved). Makes me wonder if the two could be related... Missing textures never happened outside of Cyro, and likewise I've never had endless load screens outside of Cyro either.

WIll be interesting to see if I notice a difference in either areas (missing textures and endless load screens) after this fix lands on live.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This fix delivery to consoler can't take 3-4 weeks?

Friday night PS4 EU

Vivec: 1 bar yellow and blue, 0 bar EP
    Shor: 0 bar on all

Rest are normally 0 so did not bother to check those.

I mean this is major screw up to say at least. To be honest yesterday and today have feeled that why bother with this at all.
    Options
  • w1ck3dl0vely
    w1ck3dl0vely
    ✭✭
    Xbox One: NA
    Xbox internal hard drive
    Issues: Infinite loading screen, unable to load in last played toon if I've been playing in Cyrodiil
    Location: Cyrodiil (all PVP deaths), many overland PVE wayshrines

Fix: Quit the game and relog in. Occasionally hangs the last toon I was playing completely and then I need to restart Xbox, load a different toon, log out of that toon and then log back into the toon I was playing originally. Generally end up at the place I was trying to wayshrine or res to.
    Edited by w1ck3dl0vely on November 17, 2017 4:05PM
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regular PS4, NA server
    Aldmeri Dominion, traveling between wayshrines in the same region, like Auridon, I get infinite loading screens pretty much all the time. Traveling between regions, like between Auridon and Reaper's March, usually works.
    my PS4 has the first party hard drive
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU; Steam user; Loading only happen on Cyrodiil, when rezzing, teleport to transitus, repairing keeps. 90% of time happen when I'm on a group.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like they're getting worse.
    I can't respawn at all now in Cyrodiil. Being resurrected is fine, but trying to respawn just throws me into a long load screen.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
    Options
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I have just stopped pvp until its fixed. Been taking advantage of Wrothgar double drops instead :). Its frustrating waiting but it will get fixed.
    Options
  • LUC1D7
    LUC1D7
    ✭✭
    Any idea when this fix is going to be pushed? Do us console players have to wait until our incremental for this fix?
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Xbox NA
    - Xbox One S playing with game stored on internal hard drive
    - Game is unplayable in PVP. I play on Vivec and I basically get 1 free way shrine transit before the following happens
    - Infinite load screen on way shrine travel
    - Infinite load screen on keep flips or wall repairs
    - Infinite load screen on taking forward camps
    - Infinite load screen on resurrecting to any resource or home bases

As an aside this is an absolute joke that this was not caught prior to release. This isn't some small esoteric bug that needs a lot of conditions to occur. This is a pervasive issue that was apparent from day 1 and seems to occur on multiple platforms. What kind of quality control and testing do you guys implement prior to a DLC release?
    Options