Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

To PVP gankers.... (no hate)

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just curious, do you ever 'spare' or let go any of your would-be victims for any reason? If so I'm curious of your stories and reasoning! If not that's okay too, you could share the ones that legit got away.

I won't freak out if you say no, I'm genuinely curious of the mindset of gankers as my current point of view of them is not the best for obvious reasons. However a few times that I got away, I wonder if I truly got away or if I was merely spared, I did not take the time to look XD.
Edited by coop500 on November 14, 2017 3:01AM
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

To PVP gankers.... (no hate) 139 votes

No never, all shall perish!
22%
NanakoTryxusKnootewootMilvanMorathrasSkoomahTannus15Johnfred24SHADOW2KKRogue78Enemy-of-Coldharbourmb10MaxwellCAliyavanaSecretAtozGrigorijMalahevichOrjixNarvuntienGodAizenbloodthirstyvampire 31 votes
Every once in a great while I'll spare someone
20%
moutonDredlordSheezabeastbottleofsyrupDisgracefulMindFearlessOne_2014DHaleVizierEirellaCillion3117Egonieserdday3sixJudas HelviarynZerokBallcapTaylor_MBDread_VikingRouDeRGalenus_of_PergamonJamini 29 votes
Yeah, sometimes
35%
IcyDeadPeoplerfennell_ESOGilvothItsMeTooEthoirAllPlayAndNoWorkMalmaistojekarcub18_ESODenniMyuuBroanBeast1215LazkinEvergnarMyerscodNemeliomHaquorShadowDiscipleimrednecksoncyx54tcKatahdinCurtdogg47 49 votes
All the time!
8%
Jade1986ZouniWreuntzyllaraasdalRex-Umbrawazzz56ParaNostramInarreIlCanis_LupuslIskyhawk002JierdanitApache_Kid 12 votes
Other
12%
HvzedaJohngo0036Tan9oSucckarandomkeyhitsLadyNalcaryaSerjustin19Alpheu5KozatoshinikazeDelimbercoop500FeanorMegabearSilverPawsIlithyaniaRPGplayer13579Ragnarock41LemonSauce 18 votes
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you survive a gankblades burst you're pretty much good and they slink away, which is why I use detect pots, get some.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
    Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    Yes on my gank blade I let any non CP player go.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Krayzie wrote: »
    If you survive a gankblades burst you're pretty much good and they slink away, which is why I use detect pots, get some.

I don't know why but most gankers get me by chasing me, not the initial attack, the ones I didn't get away from chased me quite a ways sometimes XD. Not sure if it is because I just ran or what but I dunno.
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are spared you would not even see the would be ganker!
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other

That's another reason for this little poll, I'm curious if all gankers are ruthless or only half or something, I wanna know your mindsets~
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If we end up coming to a stalemate, we do one of two things.

One, we individually back off, show some respect, and screw around for a bit until a zerg arrives to obliterate one or both of us.

Two, we fight a bitter, knock-down drag out fight for minutes on end until a zerg arrives and obliterates one or both of us.

Both generally end in laughs and ribbing being shared across whisper.

EDIT: I do also occasionally lay off of people who're consistently being caught and killed, so long as they try and fight back.
    If you run, I can't help but chase. Fight back, always.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on November 14, 2017 3:14AM
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they have Miats I am forced to spare them but that isn't quite the same.

I get so few kills I'll take what I can get.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Also another question for those that may read it, what is your reaction to players that just flee? No real aggression shown, they just run away? or attempt to, maybe.
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to let the low levels go by but now I'm ruthless.
    No one has ever given me an easy ticket so I'll give the same punishment to everyone else.

I feel bad though when it's a low level but I'm learning to erase that guilt
    Options
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone that only goes into the sewers to farm tel var off enemies, I consider gankers as the scum of ESO. It doesn't take skill to explode damage on a target that doesn't know you're there, and that 2 seconds erases hours of grinding over time.
    Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    As someone that only goes into the sewers to farm tel var off enemies, I consider gankers as the scum of ESO. It doesn't take skill to explode damage on a target that doesn't know you're there, and that 2 seconds erases hours of grinding over time.

Well, the feeling isnt mutual.

First let me say thank you, second let me say on behalf of gankers throughout the ESO platforms, we love you.

For you, a love song, ive played this ganking in the sewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46cSksKVzzs
    Edited by Malic on November 14, 2017 3:33AM
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other

I said no hate~ Behave XD. you're not exactly encouraging them to be nice.
    Edited by coop500 on November 14, 2017 3:36AM
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but you're in a PVP area. You only have yourself to blame for presenting a juicy target to the others who play the game as it's meant to be played.

If you want to determine technical proficiency as a matter of skill, join a dueling club.
    Coming out on top in the Imperial City is a skill all on its own, and that encompasses much more than just meathead brawling to the death. You need to learn to survive, to track, evade and hide, maneuver and use your surroundings, and their inhabitants, to your advantage.

You also need to learn to gauge any potential engagement before you commit to it.

You need to learn to incapacitate your target quickly, cleanly, and efficiently.

That's Ganking.

On the other hand, you need to learn how to present yourself as an indomitable target, something not worth the effort invested into hunting you. You can gear to kill, or you can gear to survive. Work in a group, learn your routes and the routes of your hunters, and learn to win, rather than to brawl.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on November 14, 2017 3:39AM
    Options
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game takes pretty much no skill at all unless you consider running around a tree till fury procs and 1 shotting a guy skills
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I survive gank attempts and kill the ganker 80% of the time.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    Low Levels and pure PvE players are spared.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    Depends on my mood.

Ive been ganked so many times that most of the time I have no simpathy.

I have spared lowbies at times though.

I was stealthing near a keep my faction owned once and ended up bumping into a player from another faction sneaking around the same keep. I killed him then realized he was only a level 35. A little later, I bumped into him again outside the same keep, I turned and stealthed away as fast as I could cause I didnt want to kill him again.

Another time, I was on a level 30 NB farming chests for alliance motifs. I bumped into a CP160 enemy templar doing the same. I started to leave and they attacked me. I was like, eh Im dead and stood there a few seconds (I forgot about battle leveling). I think they were set up as a PvE healer cause they hit like a wet noodle and my health recovery at the time from CP and a potion was just about keeping up with their dps. I let this go on a few more seconds then just killed them.
    Edited by Katahdin on November 14, 2017 6:40AM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    All the time!
    As a ganker my main purpose is to stall reinforcements so the main group can take reinforcements. As long as I slow someone down, its all i need. Also, ganking when everyone uses Miat's pvp addon makes it quite difficult for me.
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Very, very rarely.

I spotted a blue off in the distance once. He saw me as well, instead of stealthing he used the "Play Dead" emote and laid on the ground.

I spared him. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If there's a lowbie in a small group, I'd gank the group members and let the lowbie live to tell the tale. :naughty:

Been a year or more since I was ganking, though.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had players show me signs of respect with the hopes that I would let them go, and I obliged. I remember one such incident in the IC when a player stopped and saluted me. I allowed him to go about his merry way.
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This ^
    Options
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes

^ Yes. You might be surprised how often that happens.
    coop500 wrote: »
    Also another question for those that may read it, what is your reaction to players that just flee? No real aggression shown, they just run away? or attempt to, maybe.

Healer and the group ran ahead? Chasing. Imperial City? Chasing. Cloakblade? Hell yeah. Everybody else, eh.
    Shadow hide you.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be a platform thing but gankers seem so rare these days. Tactics on Vivec have gotten more stale

If someone wants to camp out waiting for prey for ages to slay them I partly think fair play to them. I uses to run defence rune and radiant for these reasons but its rare now. Vivec is zerh warfare or ridiculous uber self heal never die run around rocks but kill nothing builds.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as I'm a cp750 or something like that I feel kinda weirded out by going after level 14 players.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Krayzie wrote: »

I don't know why but most gankers get me by chasing me, not the initial attack, the ones I didn't get away from chased me quite a ways sometimes XD. Not sure if it is because I just ran or what but I dunno.

People in cyrodiil just LOVE to chase. Theyre like dogs. Or angry bees.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    It honestly depends. I very rarely gank anyone. It's usually me that gets it tbh xD
    From time to time, I'll be running to a keep. And I'll get ganked, try to fight back and die. And sometimes I'll manage to escape.
    There have been times where I've been killed and the player has whispered me with some advice on how to defend myself. It's very rare that I get this kind of player. But hey, it's all fun and games. And honestly, I have a laugh at it sometimes. Unless I've been running to get to quests that are all the way in other alliance territory. Then it just annoys me to no end and I swear to kill anyone
    I come across.
    That doesn't end well for me
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I’m not a ganker. I despise the playstyle. But if a low level toon or a obvious PvE player on his quests or skyshards doesn’t engage me, I generally don’t attack. I want a good fight, not an easy victim.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Yes on my gank blade I let any non CP player go.

How do you see if they have CP's or not while under level 50?
    Options
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    My stamblade is a gank build but its part of a team, not really used as a gank tool.

Instead its more of an assist role, burst + poison + slow + stagger at the right time allows my team mate to take out whoever he is facing, rinse and repeat.

As its a bow build I try and avoid too much melee but as I'm stacking up CP I'm finding myself not dropping like a sack of potatoes anymore when I do. I last oh.... often a full ten seconds when I'm the focus now, if not being zerged I can even win sometimes.
    EU PS4
    Options