The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

To PVP gankers.... (no hate)

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    My stamblade is more built for actual fights rather than ganking so I'll usually only gank if they're 22k hp or less. And not wearing sword and shield of course.
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I generally wont gank lowbies, I let them go.

Oh
    and magicka DK's
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    If you are spared you would not even see the would be ganker!

That's another reason for this little poll, I'm curious if all gankers are ruthless or only half or something, I wanna know your mindsets~

When on a gank build
    the mindset is that of a hunting animal waiting to pounce
    when ganking, other players are not your worst enemy
    impatience is

nothing to do with vindictiveness or trying to upset other players
    just playing the game in a different manner for a while

bursting down people and vanishing is a very different experience from running around the battle field casting heals on people

appreciate the variety to gameplay

354c5c656440113.jpg
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    Genuine PvE'rs in Cyrodiil, I ignore.

People on slow horses. I might knock them off their horse for fun, but usually don't try to finish them off.

People who leave their characters AFK out in the open? I shoot them down without mercy.

Enemies' levels - I never check until I have killed them. Killing five-stars 1v1 with my lowly Lieutenant feels good.

Other stealth players, whether they run or fight I will see them dead. I have piercing mark on my bow bar for a reason.

Healers and people res'ing the dead, I go for the kill.

People who I tried to gank twice and they didn't die - I leave them and move on. They're just time wasters.
    PC EU
    Options
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every once in a great while I'll spare someone
    I solo gank (which is a bit of an oxymoron) with bow, not because im a s'wit but because I don´t really socialize much in MMOs. Really, I only go for targets I think I can kill or hold a grudge against. That means easy targets or people that killed me before etc. Outright mercy. I might show that to someone who has extremely little health that I knew was a newbie and not a super-glasscannon, since I know what a pain PvP was at the beginning. But TBH I can´t remember the last time I saw someone like that in PvP.

And reading an above comment, I wouldnt get you in a delve or in IC, but then Im not really actually ganking. I block and back away. Most people reciprocate and are decent enough not to attack me then.

But generally, if I think I can kill you and get away with it, I will.

EDIT: I suppose it would also depend on your definition of 'ganking'. People mean different things. When I say 'gank', I just mean ambushing a target where I think I have the upper hand by doing so.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on November 14, 2017 11:13AM
    Options
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I used to play gankblade I'd go for low health targets and vamps. Normally I'd take out players on the reinforcement trails hitting every third or fourth player and waiting until they'd been resurrected and moved on with their little ressing group before hitting the next player.

As one ganker you can't stop the flow, but you can disrupt it quite effectively. So I used to let people live quite often since it would cause more confusion than killing until I was killed.
    The Legendary Nothing
    Options
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    I dont gank alot. Im too impatient to do it but i spare Redguards and Nords. Kinda RP prefference. And if i kill any of those 2 i say a lil prayer for em.
    Options
  • Jiandao
    Jiandao
    ✭✭✭
    Only if their mates show up.
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't gank much.

However if a third faction guy jumps into a 1v1 I'm having by a town or something and tries to interrupt, I will focus that player mercilessly and not act aggressively towards my original target unless they clearly intend to continue to fight.

People who try and fail to 1vX groups with me in them also get perma-snared by my DK with gapclosers, and almost always get downed for their toxic playstyle. I'm sticky as hell when it comes to locking people down, and you aren't getting away!
    Edited by Jamini on November 14, 2017 12:52PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm the guy you'll see in Gank Fail videos lol
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
    Options
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    If I see someone that's just in Cyrodiil to hunt for skyshards etc. and not interested in fighting then I let them go on their way.

I also tend to follow a target for a little while before engaging just to get a better idea as to what they're up to, if they're with any other people, and if they're worth me ganking them.
    Swims-In-Coffee [Argonian Stamblade EP]
    D'ar Nomad [Khajit Stamblade EP]
    Pepe Sillvia [Wood Elf Stamblade EP]
    Trips-Over-Tail [Argonian Crafter! EP]
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No never, all shall perish!
    I attack anyone. Even if it fails I continue to fight which mostly results in a quick death. I still find melee magblade very tricky for ganking. If it works it's fun though.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Autumnhart wrote: »

^ Yes. You might be surprised how often that happens.
    Also another question for those that may read it, what is your reaction to players that just flee? No real aggression shown, they just run away? or attempt to, maybe.

Healer and the group ran ahead? Chasing. Imperial City? Chasing. Cloakblade? Hell yeah. Everybody else, eh.

Mainly mean solo players out in the wilderness and they see you or you make yourself known and they run, not actively in a fight as a healer or anything.
    Edited by coop500 on November 14, 2017 4:01PM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm very surprised by the votes TBH though I know not every ganker will be on the forums, I feel it's still somewhat accurate. This could explain why sometimes I can wander Cryo for stuff for hours, then other times I can't hardly leave my triangle without being attacked. It's all based on luck whether who I come across.

If I actually actively engage in battle like in a zerg or a keep or someone on their mount or whatever, I totally expect to be attacked, all bets are off once you attack a player or heal a ally IMO. At that point you're clearly PVPing and thus deserved to be PVPed. It's when I'm just out looking for skyshards or something alone, out in the middle of nowhere is when I get a little annoyed. Especially when they give chase when I clearly am no threat and just want to be left alone.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm not a ganker.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes if I see a player I've killed a few times already I'll leave them alone because I kind of feel bad lol
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
    Options
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No never, all shall perish!
    As others have said. Nobody ever showed any pity or mercy on me when I started PvPing. Used to get t-bagged and all from 660 CP players after they merked my low level [snip]. So I don't show any pity to anyone. Everybody gets ganked.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 14, 2017 10:31PM
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the time!
    A victory that does not prove dominance is hollow and fleeting. If I fight somebody, I want it to be one on one and I want it to be a test of my skill. If somebody isn't a test of my skill and they aren't attacking me, I'll leave them alone. If somebody would be at an unfair disadvantage, I leave them alone.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rarely do pvp, but there was this one time I was farming in imperial ccity on a tank, and a nightblade tried to gank me but failed. A few minutes later, the exact same guy ganked me again. Failed again. I went off in a random direction for a bit, and eventually stopped and just stood there. YET AGAIN, ganked by the same guy.

This ttimesince I was just standing there, they starting hitting me over and over, showing he had the attack power of a sloth. Since I was on my tank, I couldn't really do damage myself, so I was confused at what to do about this. The "chase" seemed to go on forever, until eventually I just closed the game when I was done for the night.

I realized later he was following me for a ggood 2-3 hours straight lol. I still have no idea why.
    Edited by CardboardedBox on November 14, 2017 5:34PM
    Options
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    Autumnhart wrote: »

^ Yes. You might be surprised how often that happens.
    Also another question for those that may read it, what is your reaction to players that just flee? No real aggression shown, they just run away? or attempt to, maybe.

Healer and the group ran ahead? Chasing. Imperial City? Chasing. Cloakblade? Hell yeah. Everybody else, eh.

Mainly mean solo players out in the wilderness and they see you or you make yourself known and they run, not actively in a fight as a healer or anything.

That would be the "everybody else" category. Fish on, grab your skyshards. Can't remember anybody ever running from me in that scenario.
    Shadow hide you.
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    Well I don't want to be a jerk and keep killing the same person over and over, so I usually just let them ride by and wait for different target.
    Options
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    A victory that does not prove dominance is hollow and fleeting. If I fight somebody, I want it to be one on one and I want it to be a test of my skill. If somebody isn't a test of my skill and they aren't attacking me, I'll leave them alone. If somebody would be at an unfair disadvantage, I leave them alone.

"Easy prey is for animals."

It's interesting that people seem to fall at one extreme or the other: only hit the weakest, or refuse to hit the weakest.
    Shadow hide you.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    Wouldn't quite cal it a gank, but sometimes I let people get the skyshard before I kill them :P
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sometimes
    Big reason I spared people back when I ganked regularly was my target seemed to be a noob.

Example: big siege up on bleakers. I'm DC, this was EP siege. My goal was to take a few siege out to buy a little time for DC to ride out east, so I hopped down and cloaked past the siege monkeys to the top of the stairs (N side).

I'm behind the last siege ready to start whacking when I notice the one on the engine is shooting the back wall. As in, where the back flag is. Sure enough, I check the level. CP 80 something.

I unstealthed behind them playing the lute.
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm not really a ganker. I've ganked a few people but I didn't find it fun at all. I used to enjoy a stealther when I was in my early 20's but that was for just a hot one year or so.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the time!
    I have spent literally hours killing players leaving a keep for an objective. My best is a bit over 100 kills in one hour.

There are several keys to being able to do this, probably the most important being to never kill the same player twice in a row. After the first gank they rationalize the death as being due to their own inattentiveness, if you kill them again a few seconds later, they take it personally and instantly use the dreaded call-zerg ability. Sure, they might not actually catch you, but you lose a good 10-15 minutes while they search around.

Plus, they are worth no AP the second time, so what's the point.

Options
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious, do you ever 'spare' or let go any of your would-be victims for any reason? If so I'm curious of your stories and reasoning! If not that's okay too, you could share the ones that legit got away.

I won't freak out if you say no, I'm genuinely curious of the mindset of gankers as my current point of view of them is not the best for obvious reasons. However a few times that I got away, I wonder if I truly got away or if I was merely spared, I did not take the time to look XD.

Precisely why I think PvP in Cyrodiil should be optional. So people can do the quests, dungeons etc, without these ganker wankers spoiling it for them. They should all be banned imo.
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the time!
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    I survive gank attempts and kill the ganker 80% of the time.

That means 80% of the time you aren't facing a ganker...
    Options
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone that only goes into the sewers to farm tel var off enemies, I consider gankers as the scum of ESO. It doesn't take skill to explode damage on a target that doesn't know you're there, and that 2 seconds erases hours of grinding over time.
    It absolutely takes skill. The right gear/build/skills. You have to pick your spots carefully.

Gankers are a part of any MMO. Jumping into a pvp area? Be prepared for it with some armor/shields/sustain.

Otherwise why have any pvp at all? Let's just not kill anyone.

Or don't knock it until you try it. The builds are very fun.
    Options
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    my gank days are over. got boring. but in pvp i dont attack low CP or lowbies
    PC
    Options