The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deshaan wood crafting station in mournhold
    Stairs leading mages/fighters guild hall
    Those 2 happen all the time, everytime consistently
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox One S. NA server. This has happened to me in PVP and PVE, but seems to be a lot more prevalent in Cyrodiil. It happens after you are killed and trying to respawn somewhere every time. It also happens using the transitus shrines and wayshrines. My game is installed on the internal hard drive. It's the downloaded version from the Xbox store.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One [EU]
    Installed Internally

==========================
    Predominantly happens in Cyrodiil (I only play Vivec 30 day campaign).

If i get killed and select respawn to keep/home gate or forward camp then i encounter the load screen issue (this is ~100% of the time when i am grouped). Also occasionally happens when making wall repairs after a Keep capture that i encounter endless load screen.

If I am alive and just using a shrine to fast travel inside Cyrodiil then I would say its a ~70% chance again that I will encounter the issue (although since the problem started i just avoid using shrines now).

If i am playing solo in Cyrodiil it tends to happen around ~70% of the time that i choose respawn to keep/gate or camp that i encounter the issue.

In almost every situation when i have hit the endless loadscreen and quit to restart the game then i do actually respawn at my originally intended location if it is still in my alliances (Hail King Emeric!) hands.

Outside of Cyrodiil, lets say i wish to wayshrine from Wayrest/Stormhaven to Soulshriven/stormhaven then its a ~50% chance i hit endless load screen. If i wish to wayshrine from one zone to another for example Stormhaven to Glenumbra then its a zero % chance that i come across this error, In my case it seems to only fail when travelling within the same zone.

By the way @ Team ZOS, thanks for doing this "sticky" for the players its appreciated.
    Edited by supaskrub on November 13, 2017 9:55PM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although I appreciate the effort, it really seems like the devs still haven't figured out what's causing the problem. I sure hope it doesn't take 3 months to fix like vMoL.

If you read the OP, it clearly states that they have not pinpointed the issue yet.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Now this is an update I'm sure everyone will appreciate there is no doubt about it now zos has to be doing something about the load screen's thanks for going into detail a little more as to what's being done to fix this issue this really makes things feel a lot better that the feedback we been providing is actually being seen

tenor.gif?itemid=5564387

note to zos - if there's this significant an issue - setting up clear communication with your customer base (at least those of which are on your sponsored forum) - should be one of the first things to do...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 13, 2017 9:50PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    System: Ps4 (standard)
    Server: EU
    Cryrodiil: can't jump to any wayshrines without loading screen that gets stuck forcing me to shut the game down.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 things

1) infinite load screen : - ive only had it once since CWC Dropped

Xbox 1 X
    Standard / orginal Hard Drive, no SSD
    Travelling from Hews Bane Wayshrine out to Auridon Skyreach
    EU Server

i have to say, its been very quick generally - im not sure if that was Xb1x change or CWC! - even grahtwood (which took an AGE on my old xbox elite) is quick.

2) - invisibilty

what i do get almost EVERY wayshrine jump now (non cyrodill) and it doesnt matter where from/to - is about 3 seconds of invisibility before my character actually appears....that never happened before.

• Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA, infinite loading screens almost guaranteed upon death in Cyrodiil. Otherwise game is performing as expected.

Hardware:
    Xbox One X
    External 500gb Samsung EVO 850 SSD
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One
    NA Server
    Internal HD

Have played every day since update and not gotten infinite load screen but thrice.

1st - In clockwork city when using the "pad" to travel to the crow WB.. cant remember name.
    2nd - once when going into cyrodiil from my house.
    3rd - once when logging in from main screen to character select screen (has happened before so probably unrelated)

Notes:

1) almost every use of a wayshrine, from zone to zone (not within a zone) causes my character to be invisible and most other players/npc's for a few seconds upon spawn. all overland zones.
    2) prior to update and still occurring, lag when weapons run out of and are re-charged.
    3) often lag when in fast paced combat and attempting to bar swap.
    Edited by Eddyble on November 13, 2017 10:14PM
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 EU / Standard PS4 (No SSD just plain PS4)

* Transiting via wayshrines in Cyrodill will trigger this 96% of the time. Same with respawn. You might get 1 working travel once you enter Cyrodiil but not likely. It has nothing to do huge population either it's just broken.

* Same screens ie. AA trial for many teleport. Also random regular loading screens whenever you enter somewhere.

It seems to have something to do with entering new areas
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XBox 1, EU
    stored on internal harddrive
    game freezes for 5-10 seconds in 5 sec intervalls while(in cities, dungeons, trials, pvp, battlegrounds, open world=>> EVERYWHERE)
    game freezes completely in (trials, pvp, cities) after 5-10 min average
    Frame rate atrocious in trials and pvp in big battles.
    no lag, just game freezing up for 5-10 seconds very important
    Traveling via transitus plus respawning after death almost always causes the game to put you in a "usually" eternal loadingn screen of death which can only be solved by force crashing the game and restarting.
    Atm i cant start game its giving me the 0x8027025a error when i attempt it.
    Game is litterrally unplayable for me atm, cant even do a open world dungeon properly due to the repeated game freezing...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Schizoid-man
    Schizoid-man
    ✭✭
    I’m using a standard PS4 on the EU server and I can’t fast travel anywhere in Cyrodiil Vivec campaign without getting stuck on a loading screen. I have to shut the game down and restart it to recover. I’ve only gotten stuck once (so far) on a loading screen in PVE whilst using a wayshrine to travel across Craglorn.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox one na. Factory HDD.

I have only experienced infinite load screens in Cyrodiil and Craglorn.

Cyrodiil happens after every death and about one of four uses of the transitus shrines.

Craglorn it happens when using wayshrines.
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »
    Xbox NA, infinite loading screens almost guaranteed upon death in Cyrodiil. Otherwise game is performing as expected. Xbox EU I get them everywhere.

Hardware:
    Xbox One X
    External 500gb Samsung EVO 850 SSD

Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 European, PS4 all original stuff it came with with less than half the drive filled. Done a drive rebuild made no difference. Have tried two different modems ( work/ home to check ). And had hard wired and wifi
    Expieriencing long load screens when;

- wayshrine not just capitals or busy places either.but capitals are almost guaranteed. Anywhere else 50/50
    - Loading into that worldboss in cwc hagraven I got stuck loading out. Restarted retried 4 times tried exiting and wayshrining out. eventually I turned off that character untill the next day when less busy. And got out by wayshrining.
    - Cyrodil repairing walls, doors or just standing near them, using transient shrine to move between keeps, death respawn.
    - going into a morrowind delve -not sure if it's on other non morrowind delves too.
    - Going into outlaws refuge in Vivec city
    - Waiting for map to load a couple of times sort of walking/ running cuts to screen to reload, not a great deal but does happen.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 Pro, out of the box, 4k TV

I have only had three issues since the update:

1. Infinite load screen trying to get into the place in CWC where you control the Skeevaton (in the main quest)
    2. Infinite load screen while teleporting within CWC zone
    3. Infinite load screen while trying to transitus in Sotha Sil when there weren't even any pop bars. I saw I think 6-8 enemy players and had a group invite from someone in my faction, but I moved to the next nearest Keep and tried to transitus back to my faction gate to leave. Haven't been back into Cyro since then.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard PS4 NA server. Almost exclusively having infinite load screens in Cyrodiil. Just playing in Vivec but it is usually 0-2 bars atm because not many people are playing.

I usually get one wayshrine port from the gate when I first join the campaign then after that any porting between keeps or outposts results in an infinite load screen 90% of the time. Any attempts at a resurrection at a keep, gate or outpost after a player death results in an infinite load screen 98% of the time. Happens when I am in a group and when I'm solo. I am just closing down the app and reloading to get back in.

When I was with one other player I ported to a keep and managed to load in. He then ported in and I saw his character at the keep with me but he got an infinite load screen. So doesn't seem to be a port problem more a client load problem.

When first loading into the game in PvE a longer than prior to Clockwork patch load occurs. Only happens with the first load after having the PS4 off any character loads after that are fine. About an hour ago when I first logged into Stormhaven the first load took so long that by the time I was loaded I was disconnected because of a time out. Loaded in again without problem.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Punt_B_Punt
    Punt_B_Punt
    Soul Shriven
    PS4 Pro, first party HD. 1gb second (up & down) internet connection through AT&T, Central Florida.

In Cyrodil I experience long load screens in transit, on death respawns, and when keeps are captured

Also want to point out that load screens are not the only issue in cyrodil after DLC. There is a sync issue too. For example an opponent can be on siege and 40 meters away from me on my screen, but I drop dead and my death recap shows same person on siege just hit me with ambush, surprise attack, heavy attack and dawnbreaker even though on my screen they are still 40 meters away. That type of sync issue never happened to me before patch but is common now.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XboxOne N/A game is installed on xbox hard drive, any type of respawn or wayshrine in cyrodill is giving infinite load screens I’ve tried going in there once, that was enough frustration for me from a video game. Let me know when it’s fixed.
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox one NA. Internal hard drive. Infinite load screen upon using any wayshrine in cyrodul or blood spawning in cyrodil, this occurs over 75% of the time i blood spawn or travel. Have had a few occur in battlegrounds, but a lot less frequently than in cyro.
  • Tendoshii
    Tendoshii
    ✭✭✭
    Regular Xbox One
    Internal HDD
    Second transit shrine/resurrection in Cyrodiil has almost always been an infinite load screen for me.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From and to CWC, Fortress WS and Outside any.
    PC
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • CrazyStarGirlNZ
    PS4 NA PVP

Load screens trying to res from death
    Load screens trying to travel from keep to keep, including just from one gate to another
    Only way to get out of it for me is to close app and restart which invariably means I spawn back dead then get stuck in another load screen and throw my teddies out and give up!
    Been unplayable since ClockWork City DLC drop :-(
    PS4 NA
    DC Mag Templar, Stam Blade, Mag Sorc
    EP Mag Templar, Stam Blade, Mag Sorc, Stam DK, Mag Warden
    AD Stam DK, Mag Sorc
  • Kitsusan
    Kitsusan
    ✭✭
    No problems until this morning's patch.
    I now have infinite loading screens after log-in (never make it to Character Selection.)
    I had to run Repair before and after the patch downloaded before play button would appear on launcher.

PC on NA server

Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.30GHz

No SSD

Up until now I haven't had any problems with logging in or with excessively long loading screens getting into Character Selection or anywhere in the game.

Thanks, ZOS, for your attention to this problem.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    Standard PS4 NA

Today in non-stop, solo queue BGs from 8 am to 4 pm est

Didn't keep count but on a rough estimate I experienced:

5 load screens entering a BG (restart required - no penalty timer)
    2 load screens reviving in a BG (restart required - 20 min penalty timer)
    1 screen freeze in a BG (restart required - 20 min penalty timer)
    1 blue screen in a BG (restart required - 20 min penalty timer)

PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regular PS4
    Na server
    First party hard drive
    018AC777-D2E9-4C34-90FC-02FFAE7E7B23.png

Since CWC I have experienced long load screens in any and all ways you can get a load screen. Being queued into a dungeon or trial. Using a way shrine, a transit shrine, porting to a friend or just paying the gold to port somewhere from the map. Walking out of my house, sometimes just walking along in overland zones while farming.

It seams like it’s a bigger problem in PVP but that’s only because the nature of pvp requires more load screens. Be it from dying or just trying to get to a keep in time to defend it.
  • ChRiS_the_GaMeR
    ChRiS_the_GaMeR
    ✭✭✭
    Basic Xbox One - EU Server - Internal hard drive

happened to me:

Cyrodill:
    - in a keep, as soon as i got near to more then 5+ enemy player
    - then i tried to respawn after i died
    - traveling with transitus shrine

In PvE:
    - then I try to log in
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    System: PC
    Server: NA
    Processor: i7-7700k / 7th gen
    GTX 1070

Zone: Most often in Cyrodiil - Vivec. A few times when I get out of wayshrine in a busy area like stormhaven or rawlkha or grahtwood.

I have primarily been experiencing infinite load screens when there's a a lot of players around and I'm killed in PVP. When I'm trying to pick revive location, after doing that it's infinite load screen time. Or if using transitus shrines (which are buggy btw). Sometimes I'm just running to a keep or on mount in the middle of the map and it puts me in an infinite load screen. If there's a lot of players in the area the game lags when I'm walking or repairing a door then infinite load screen again. Sometimes things don't render + sound / audio is gone in the middle of a fight, and then loading screen again.
    SSD: Yes

Hoping for a fix. Whenever I play pvp in a group and am on discord someone in group always says they get a loading screen every couple of minutes. A couple of friends don't want to play ESO because it's been happening to them in PVE, they would rather that we play other games.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I'll post my full investigation as soon as I can on the Xbox One X. That said I've noticed that during the infinite loading screen my character is still capable of moving. I got the loading screen leaving my house in Raw'lka and I could hear my character's feet as I moved blindly, even running into the river. No attacks from the crocs though.
  • Timeoin
    Timeoin
    ✭✭
    Xbox Na
    Regular xbox.

Have two Xboxes - one uses external, one uses internal.

Load screens for me are almost any time I travel via Wayshrine. Also experience this sometimes recently enterring a building. (For example, enterring/exiting Brass fortress wayshrine)