The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cp being added to BG !! ( as of now )

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    del9 wrote: »
    im excited to see what cp bgs will look like. could be good could be bad. too early to tell. I enjoy the diversity in sets that having cp allows. for non cp I have 1 or two sets that I can run in order to have the correct max stam/stam recovery or enough weapon damage. with cp enabled I am able to run any one of my 10 or so different setups I have.

For me, and I think most of the active BG community, gear diversity is not a concern. I come to the BG format because it rewards skillful gameplay + tactics and provides some measure of balance. Those same reasons are why I strongly prefer non-cp. I want to see BG thrive and the population grow, but what "gear diversity" really means is room for cancer: adding imbalance and destroying the pace of BGs

I mean, he's also acting like the average build loses a lot of regen from losing CP. If you're applying your green stars properly you're probably missing less than 200 regen in no-CP. You can already get away with wearing basically whatever gear you want as long as you take the time to balance your build. I cannot think of a single set that only has use in CP, whereas I can think of several sets that have their value significantly diminished by the CP system. I'm actually willing to outright contradict the statement that adding CP will increase gear or build diversity because it simply does not. The problem with CP isn't the sustain they offer, infinite sustain is easy in BGs as well. The problem is the other things they offer: increasing burst damage, increasing survivability, reducing block cost, etc. Even something as simple as the riposte mage passive being able to proc adrenaline rush on redguards allowing you to regain stam from "melee attacks" without needing to use that stam to go offensive. There's tons of little "neat" effects like this that the CP system has brought in which theorycrafters use to tweak builds to the absolute maximum.

I don't think anyone is worried about builds suddenly having 200 extra regen. The issue is the increased burst damage and all the passives that contribute to troll tanking. These issues go hand in hand, as TTK goes down it leads to an increased value in building tanky for basically all builds, but it also encourages casual, bad, inexperienced(pick one) to go full tank because then they can survive and have fun while also contributing to the team.

We already see this in BGs, CPs will simply exacerbate this because at present if you're not interested in securing kills the CP system will give you far more additional survivability that wouldn't be present in no-CP than it will give you additional damage on a damage oriented build. The reason for this is that EVERY color tree has a star that will increase your survivability while only the blue tree offers direct increases to damage. While Blessed and Quicky recovery do scale poorly, if you don't need the damage the Mage tree offers you can easily justify stacking heavily into blessed whereas damage oriented builds should avoid a serious investment in that star.

We would need broad, sweeping adjustments to the CP system to not incentivize tanks. This becomes even more true when you enter into a controlled, contained, environment where you are pushed into objective based play.

Its really that simple @ZOS_GinaBruno I don't know how much more obviously I can explain it, adding a CP system that already favors mitigation over damage options into a system where there is objective based play and a limited number of opponents allows you to make builds that will literally be unkillable. It seems rather plain that during objective based play where you need to secure kills to secure an objective that having these sorts of builds is not desirable gameplay.

Excellent post.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”